Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Catberry posted:

Star Citizen Beta :eng101:

As likely as eve dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

iospace posted:

At this point this thread is going to turn into an orgy with that many people needing to JUST gently caress OFF.

FTFY

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

brand engager posted:

not reading all that

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
https://updates.eveonline.com/card/7gqVr/palatine-keepstar/

quote:

Palatine Keepstar
The most heavily armored and sought after Citadel of them all, the Palatine Keepstar is the jewel in the crown of any major power in New Eden. The main draw to this structure is that it is unique, with its own SKIN, and only one may exist in the universe at any given time. On destruction, a permanent monument bearing the name of the corporation that had created the Upwell Palatine Citadel will be placed in its previous location.

This will only be true for the first one of these structures ever created.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Try to put yourself in their shoes and consider their experiences. While often people are coloured by their own biases, you should still make a genuine effort to acknowledge their concerns in such a way that you'll be able to make a positive change in your life.

You should consider the possibility that the problem is you, not them.

And that’s based on what’s happened in this thread alone.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

Friends are the biggest force multiplier.

Eve in a nutshell.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

I can't help feeling that a message like that to everyone who wasn't compliant BEFORE they were kicked would have saved a lot of hassle.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

except every single person in the alliance was not compliant -- why send 40,000 emails when you can ping instead, then deal with the small number of retards who are so unintegrated with the alliance that they aren't on jabber

Well they did email every individual after they were kicked, so it was an easy option.
And given a majority of people now have to reapply it suggests pings aren’t that effective.

You’d think someone would’ve thought, hey, 3000 still not compliant, is there any other way we can communicate this to save ourselves a lot of work? Eve mail, Forum PM, even changing this threads title would all have probably reduced that number.

I’ll wait a week, reapply and wait some more while the auth team process thousands of applications. If that’s things working as intended, fair enough.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it's me - i'm the retard

When your message doesn’t get through to 75% of recipients is it really them that are the problem?

Rapulum_Dei fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 27, 2018

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
The Borg of eve online.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

nex posted:

whats up with all the doxxing drama on reddit and shart dragon being banned (from reddit?)?

someone give me an executive summary of the current gotg dumpster fire

In an effort post about how strongly he feels about doxxing Sort included a picture of the "Eat a bag of dicks" mug someone sent him, including the box it came in with the senders name and address shown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
I always thought you became a successful F.C. with a core of players who want to do the same things you do and the formation of a squad was the last stage, not the first.

• Locked thread