Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the best archetypes are the ones who are anime girls

the worst are the ones who are furries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dexie posted:

What if they're both?

impossible

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the gently caress are galaxy-eyes even

like if the eyes are a galaxy, when will we get cards based off the people living in the dragon's eyes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
there are no yugioh games exactly like eds but yugioh championship 2011 scratched the itch for me back in the day, and is similar enough that i think its good

also yes im recommending a 7 year old game, im sorry to say ds yugiohs died at some point

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
also it mighrt have been called yugioh world championship 2011, its been a while since i played it and i cant look it up right now

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Herr Tog posted:

well I never learned synchro poo poo so maybe I will learn it or maybe I don't wanna tango with this game.

i didnt either but i found it pretty intuitive once I did it a few times, way less complicated then it first appears

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i've heard of those cards, but mostly cause six sams is probably the best deck you can build in YWC 2011 for grinding wins...which i did

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I finally have a phone that can play games and I appreciate how the challenges in the DM world is stuff like play 3 traps while gx went immediately to "deal 25000 range"

How the heck do I do that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Senerio posted:

I believe it’s cumulative.

You are right, panic over

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
what's a good deck that doesn't rely on Ultra Rares, i'm not paying money for this game so it's easier to get the lower rarities from card pack pools

i was thinking gladiator beasts, which is my fav archetype in real life so I'm hoping they work in this too

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Biff Rockgroin posted:

Trust me, I know. The first deck I ever made myself was a Dino deck. According to him, they aren't powerful enough. Although I think what it is is that he didn't understand how Soul-eating Oviraptor/Petiteranodon and that that work.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice. I've got some really good ideas now.

I will say, as an adult who started playing several months ago and has never seen an episode of the show, it's interesting how many people I've had tell me they learned from the show... And that the show is terrible at teaching the game.

dinosaurs have like 2 creatures that break the rule of 3000, what the heck

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Biff Rockgroin posted:

Weirdly enough, he might know about pendulum summoning as his latest idea was a Winged Dragon of Ra pendulum deck. I don't know much about pendulums, so maybe that IS a thing, but it seems like it'd be really easy to stop it before it ever got going, and he's the type where if his first idea doesn't work, he immediately gets disheartened and folds.

this would have worked before the new rules for link summoning. well, it would have worked 1 in 10 games, but man that one game would have felt good...as long as the opponent didn't have removal

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Framboise posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EHFm6wfb6k

This budget Six Sam deck is so loving degenerate and it doesn't even run Six Sams United or Kizan. Or any traps. I've played about 8 PvP rounds in a row and I have yet to fail to get Shi En on turn 1.

Completely bonkers. I put thousands and thousands of gems into collecting my Madolches when I was able to build this with just what I had amassed from the current set just trying to collect a playset of all the Deskbots (still missing a 004).

Lol it's literally the same deck as when six Sam's first came on the scene, they apparently learned literal zero in the uh...what is it now like 7 years?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Julias posted:

Pendulum monsters from the extra deck and link monsters still have to be summoned to the extra monster zone or a main monster zone a link monster points too, but yeah the other extra deck monsters can be summoned to main monster zones again.

Lmao why do they specifically hate pendulums

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

The new Duel Links box has some of the best power cards for Lightsworn, including Judgment Dragon, BEWD, Nekroz/Gishki hybrid, and Orcust.

This is gonna be an interesting format.

Edit: There’s also World Legacy stuff, but none of the really heavy hitters that’d make it competitively viable. I suspect the best deck in the format is gonna be Dark World Orcust, but we’ll see.

Lightsworns is the funnest deck I played in ycs 2011 and I'm incredibly glad I never played irl bc apparently everyone else thought so too

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Congratulations, you have just described literally the entire Yugioh secondary market.

Hell, at least the Magic cards have different art. Yu-Gi-Oh players have a term specifically meaning replacing every possible card in your deck with the rarest kind of shiny version you can get each of those cards in: blinging. The best kind of foiling and color of letters at the top is different per card, by the way. It's not like you're getting some unified aesthetic here. It's just gluttony.
Magic does this too, even has the same term and everything lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

Oh, you convince Pegasus to have Bandit Keith to shoot himself with his own hand in that case, because Bandit Keith is a real scumbag cheater.

I'm pretty sure the actual answer is that you're Joey and so your deck is just unfortunate trash unless you luck into one of his actual combos.

An actual funny thing in the game is the Yugi vs Kaiba duel early on is coded to give you Exodia if you hold out a few turns, but is not coded to do so for the AI Yugi in reverse mode.

Ah that's disappointing, I thought it was cool flavor that I won with exodia

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

Yes, but it skips a lot and what context you do get for the individual duels is pretty barebones. That being said, it contains the story for every single anime, including a fair amount of VRAINS, and each duel allows you to play as both characters.

Vrains does not have the story at all tho. Which is a shame cause id like to know if all the blue girls are related

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Vandar posted:

Blue Angel / Girl / Maiden? They're all the same character at different points in the series.

Yeah them

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Vandar posted:

Watching through Cimooooooooo / Nyhm / MBT's various progression series's has only confirmed to me that old-school Yugioh was just as broken as modern Yugioh, just in a different way.

I quite like that creatures are actually good these days so that you win the game quicker then turn 20

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Cyberse and wyrm are both more new types for balance reasons and im fine with them in that context. Dragons are already one of if not the best type in the game so im fine with taking some toys from them.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Wake me up when rata has a progression series

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Vandar posted:

Rata barely even likes Yugioh anymore (by his own admission) and only drops a video every few months to remind people he exists.

No way on earth he would ever try to attempt a progression series.

i am aware

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Vandar posted:

They're pretty good, imo.

https://ygorganization.com/icantbelieveialreadywastedtherainingmenreference/

They work with a ton of existing reptile support, there's a bunch of chaos stuff that works well with them, and they can even use Lair of Darkness for their effects.

There's missing one card in this set. It's either the dark deity or another spell. I'm eager to see what it is.

Idk to be honest they seem a little underwhelming, this probably means they are super busted but as it stands if you dont draw snake rain they seem a little slow

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I honestly might bye those, itd be a good nostalgia bait for me and my friends. Also buying a premade deck is so much easier then making one yourself lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'll admit idk much about utopia but if it doesnt have any targeting or effect protection its gonna be difficult to do...anything

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I wish the obelisk/silfer not-quite-a-structure decks had been better, i want god card meta to be a thing

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Im pretty excited, love legacy of the duelist

ThermoPhysical posted:

Honestly, if you can change the deck the bot uses too, then that's enough single player for me. I wanna try out decks on my own and sometimes launch into a duel with someone else.

I don't need 50+ versions of the same AI if I can have one good AI that I can customize the decks it uses.

You are asking for an impossible dream. Combo decks play very differently from control which play differently from like, old school aggro decks

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Im interested in it, im gonna look at it more tonight but at a glance it look miles better then mtg arena in function and form

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I like master duels so i look forward to playing it for a month and then dropping out forever

My favorite archetype is Super Quant and i have yet to see any packs with those cards so thats a little sad

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

If you craft an ultra or super rare from an archetype it will probably give you the related secret pack unlock and a free pack of it.

Oh! Thought it had to be a random pull, thats helpful!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I am woefully out of date on yugioh tbh, whats so bad about drytrons?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Their gameplan is to end on Herald of Ultimateness and as many fodder for its effect as possible.
Herald of ultimateness is a ritual monster that lets you pitch a fairy from the hand for an omni-negate or a summon negate. This is not once per turn and can keep going as long as you have fairies in the hand, Drytron do this by abusing Cyber Angel Benten to search many fairy cards. plus, HoU is a level 12 ritual which would be impractical in its own deck but since drytron skip levels and ritual summon based on ATK/DEF it can get cheated out.

Its also a tedious combo deck that will take loving ages to end its turns, nevermind in master duel where the UI and animations are slow.

Oh, but i love combo decks...well i like Storm in mtg, i dont think yugioh has quite as fun combos tbh bc it always seems to end with "and then i played X" where x is just the best creature at the time

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I found out Emergency Teleport is at two and now i dont know how to make a super quants deck bc i never played with that card. I know its really good in the deck, free blue ranger is so powerful, i just aint really sure what to do with the freed up normal summon haha. I hope the danger! Engine is still playable i dont want to learn any new cards

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I think I got eyes bigger than my stomach, because at this point I've got frameworks of three separate decks (Vampire Shiranui, Kozmo, and my IRL Shaddoll deck), and nowhere near enough resources to build any of them. It turns out a lot of staple cards are SR and UR in this game, which makes building even conventionally cheap decks hard.

From what I can tell Shiranuis are solo story-locked, so I can at least shoot for them as a goal. And... if I read the rewards right, there's a Monarch deck that probably doesn't suck as an early reward.
I dont like the monarch deck, its a very old style one, with things that return to hand when tributed or arent destroyed in battle. Incredibly slow. None of the little helpers are in it so you have to rely on card advance and double summon if you want to summon two things in a turn

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Just had the deck builder crash twice in a row on me, lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Heroes have dark phoenix enforcer and dark law . dont think anyone says theyre bad, just not tier one

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yugioh sucked back then anyways, as someone who played in the early 2000s.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Honestly, im kinda flummoxed that every blue eyes player is playing chaos max and no ritual support

Like i get chaos max is a cool card (if not actually that good) but like...dont you want to play your cool dragon consistently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Skios posted:

So I haven't touched this game physically my whole life, and the only digital versions I played were the DS games. I figured I'd give this a spin (yes, with a Blue-Eyes deck, and yes, I play Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon). Nine times out of ten, I don't even realise what I'm going up against. I also just sat through an Exodia deck that didn't complete Exodia until they drew the final card of their deck.

Theres nothing inherently wrong with playing blue eyes, just if youre playing chaos max you really should be putting at least some ritual support in your deck. Otherwise you brick way too often.