Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Katasi posted:

Can you imagine how annoying that would be if you said it every single time you used the skill?

Multistrike. "THE TOUCH THE TOUCH THE TOUCH OF GOD!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Mover posted:

ooh, don't think we've seen the full stats for this yet

Time for a zero movespeed build?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnKR1vcxyK0&t=108s

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Meridian posted:

I wasn't saying that I didn't plan to use it, just that I don't know enough to go on there and trade my way up d2jsp style.

One week in prices will have settled and you will be able to buy whatever you need for a few chaos, unless they are severely in-demand uniques or super top-end rares.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Like... 50 slots left now in guild. I'm on a late tomorrow and an early Saturday so it'll be like Sunday before I can play: GL rodent and hauki and dbk and katasi and bugsy cos you're dealing with the rush if you're about!

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

TheRat posted:

So if I remember correctly you've now posted a char name that doesnt exist and one that's twice the legal character limit. What's up dude?

yeah i wasn't touching that i already knew it was too long, just like his massiv epenis.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

The March Hare posted:

Yeah there will be hell to pay for this on Reddit I'm sure.

Never mind reddit, we'll have to petition GGG to change the guild name from "Pants in Exile"

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

prince_kahleeb posted:

If there is room in the goon Guild, can you add me?
Character name: DaenerysTargaryenGOT

Thanks!

Sent.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Dude... you need like 4k life to map comfortably. Levelling with that low life must have been horrendous, tell us your /deaths count for kicks please.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I just realised that some of the MTX my characters wear could actually be 'worth' more than I paid for the real clothes I am currently wearing, minus pants of course.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
or maybe it didn't get deleted but he got a hard cash offer worth more than his account and is living the high life on his ill gotten gains

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
They changed the skill effect, It looks far better now.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Pinball Jizzard posted:

Could I grab an invite on Caxanova?

Sent

E: VVV Sent.

Budgie fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Nov 27, 2018

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Zephro posted:

edit2: to give you an example of Standard being weird, one of my characters has a pair of legacy Facebreakers (legacy means an older version of a unique that can roll different stats to what the current version can). They have a nearly-perfect 998% physical damage roll. There's one similar currently listed on poe.trade for 550ex, which is an insane amount of money that almost no-one will come close to earning during one of the temporary leagues.

Vaal

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

KirbyKhan posted:

Edit: and after seeing these magic boss wired name dudes, Cavas wasn't all that bad in the grand scheme.of thinga.

Do you mean Invaders? Imagine what they were like on release before they got nerfed.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Ambaire posted:

23 deaths on act10 kitava, during which he covered the platform in adds during the last heart phase and I had to resort to mindlessly spamming a skill at the heart until I died and then returning to the last point and doing it again. gently caress that stupid fight. And then when I said that in guild chat, everyone relentlessly mocked me, I guess for my stupidity or something.

gently caress it, I am done.

I deleted all of my characters. I am done with this loving stupid game forever. gently caress it, i quit

You're the same person who noticed that their hideout had a map device in it and wanted to skip all of act 10. You complained when we told you it won't work if you don't finish the story. You then asked about keeping a golem alive despite your character having 2.6k life.

You'd have gone into maps and gotten owned just as hard.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Oh man I just discovered pob.party . Uhh, there goes my work performance lol. POB in your browser, finally! I think this should probably be in the OP.

Finally I can PoE on OSX.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Tempora Mutantur posted:

I snagged HeraldOfAssbeatery for a probable hoaggernaut (which was already taken) or some flavor of hoagger, I'm pretty proud of it :toot:

my backup is FeralHoag :cool:

I got Hulk_HoAgan.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Awesome! posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2635457

they have added a way to burn duplicate mtx.

I'm going to sleep, I look forward to the angry reddit thread relating to this in the morning.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I was loving this league but I'm getting so many random crashes to desktop without even an error message that it's a chore to play. The only zone that reliably stays stable is the labyrinth. Probably because none of the recent league mechanics that cause crashes can exist in there i.e. Legion and Blight.

Necromancer is super OP now though, it's hilarious. I've kinda completed this character as much as I can until I can play a map for more than 2-3 minutes without having to log back in.

WTB Cast On Disconnect gem linked to Portal.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

NofrikinfuN posted:

Just noticed stash tabs are on sale. I thought they used to do half off, but this sale doesn't seem near so extreme. :sigh:

I'm kind of lamenting that the fragments tab isn't just part of the map tab, especially since I've been getting a ridiculous amount of sacrifice fragments this time around. I'm not even up to maps and I have the fragments for Atziri.

The only time anything went half off that I remember was that one Black Friday sale years ago. Tabs are usually around a third off. And yeah buy a pack and get some mtx free with your points!

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Tenzarin posted:

After awhile you may find yourself unable to upgrade anything. Since the season is already dead.

lol. prices aren't "jacked", you've started looking for best in slot for yourself and set your standards too high.

silvergoose posted:

The s from ssf, not the s from never play standard I think.

SSF has always stood for Solo Self Found. It is assumed when you only say SSF that you mean softcore. This is why the meme is SSFHCBTW because those who play Solo Self Found HardCore By The Way are much like vegans and crossfitters can't wait to tell you about it at every opportunity.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

NofrikinfuN posted:

I decided to finally try out Pillar of the Caged God and set about making a character with it. I decided on a whim to try it with a Templar/Guardian and Dominating Blow, but Dominating Blow is super underwhelming and it seems super effective with Heavy Strike, so I think I'm going to scrap him and roll a Slayer for the AoE, leech and reflect immunity.

Does Pillar hit a wall in the late game, or will it continue to be effective as long as I have a lot of strength and flat damage sources? Would a Gladiator be a better option for double damage counters since they add a large amount of flat damage?

You want to talk to Eddalius about Pillar builds, he does one nearly every league. Don't think I've seen him online this league though.

If I was doing it I think usually you want Alberon's Warpath boots, Cyclopean Coil belt, Abyssus and then str+phys to attacks jewellery, maybe Astramentis as a starter amulet, I'm sure a phys damage, str and life amulet will outdamage Astramentis later on. You basically need shittons of life and resists on every other piece of gear then to actually be survivable. One of the early cheap builds in Legion to do uber elder was cyclone impale pillar of the caged god. They had gone Slayer since it had been buffed, but Champion is probably far better for it.

Edit to add: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bz0u4a/2min_potcg_champion_uber_elder/

Budgie fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 23, 2019

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Targeting enchants is not possible.

You can use a fossil for a random enchant on an item. Legions can drop things with random enchants on them. I think there's a Safehouse that might also drop a random thing with a random enchant.

So the best way is the fossil IMO, since you don't have to run the lab, though depending on cost if you have Twice Enchanted and time then lab may be better. The second best way is the lab because you can at least choose the item the enchant goes on.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
You've probably seen the short clip of Quin meeting Slipperyjim8, but the whole thing is brilliant:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/508788711?t=1h29m18s

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Ripper Swarm posted:

On my way to Exilecon day 2 now! Going to get in another 45 mins of PoE 2 :getin:

Outside that, if anyone has a question they want answered that hasn't been covered in the talks, let me know and I'll try and ask if I run into an appropriate dev.

I'm pretty sure we just want you to return with an armful of exalted orb stress balls to distribute to goons, ty.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
1. I usually take about 10h to maps in a new league
2. I'm dumb and like to do the new content instead of rushing
3. I've got to maps in like 6h on a new start by being 'disciplined' for me
4. I'm doing minions this league, I've done it before but I'm untwinked this time. I still havent hit act 3 and i'm at 2.5h. better get hustling instead of morphing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Ben Thunder

Respect.