Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

What was the ultimate fate of groverhaus? Does it still stand? Did he manage to sell it? Was it rightfully condemned as unsuitable for human habitation and torn down at his expense? Could the man possibly still live there?

It seems like that boondoggle ought to have cost him tens of thousands of dollars and I am deeply curious how the trajectory of his life was affected by that kind of mismanagement of resources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

zegermans posted:

I will never forgive docevil for the LF dropsite massacre

I missed this, were a lot of people banned for being related to that lf website or something?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

sleeptalker posted:

There was a Socks the Cat videogame that was canceled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socks_the_Cat_Rocks_the_Hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc78qbXnUMQ

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Retromancer posted:

Everything about this image speaks to me.

How can one man contain so much delusion

Like, Garrison doesn't seem to be a huckster from what I can tell. The chiseled statuesque Trump and uh THIS seem to come from a place of heartfelt sincere derangement and I just can't fathom it

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

HobbitGrease posted:

hillaryis44 endorsed Trump for President in 2016 and they've been a pro-Trump mouthpiece ever since

I can't tell if this is serious and I don't want to investigate

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

HobbitGrease posted:

edited my post for proof!

what a fascinating breed of brain worms. staggering

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

When people told me they hated Hillary Clinton or (far worse) that they were "not fans," I wish I had said in no uncertain terms: "I love Hillary Clinton. I am in awe of her. I am set free by her. She will be the finest world leader our galaxy has ever seen."
If only one reporter - they knew about us - could have published a headline like "Clinton Inspires Historic Levels of Adoration From Her Supporters" about the people who have had their lives transformed by the power of her brilliant campaign, unrivaled effectiveness, and extraordinary career. 
She deserves straight-up hagiographies and a sold-out Broadway show called RODHAM. Yes, this cultural canonization is going to come after the chronic, constant, nonstop "On the other hand" sexist hedging around her legacy. But such is the courage of Hillary Clinton and her supporters; we reverse patriarchal orders. Maybe she is more than a president. Maybe she is an idea, a world-historical heroine, light itself. The presidency is too small for her. She belongs to a much more elite class of Americans, the more-than-presidents. Neil Armstrong, Martin Luther King Jr., Alexander loving Hamilton.

Hillary Clinton did everything right in this campaign, and she won more votes than her opponent did. She won. She cannot be faulted, criticized, or analyzed for even one more second. Instead, she will be decorated as an epochal heroine far too extraordinary to be contained by the mere White House. Let that revolting president-elect be Millard Fillmore or Herbert Hoover or whatever. Hillary is Athena.

what does this to a human being

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

System Metternich posted:

The days and weeks immediately following 9/11 were weird enough over here in Germany, I can’t imagine how they must have been in the US. I’m imagining flags and awkwardly shoehorned-in patriotism (and xenophobia) everywhere, am I right?

even as a 12 year old in Nebraska I found it deeply unsettling, though I had a hard time articulating why. that vague sense of revulsion towards the insane nationalism was one of the things that pushed me along to left radicalism, in the long term

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Javid posted:

hillary going on tv the day after the election like

"please help me, the illuminati have denied me further youth injections, I don't have much time left"

as terrible as Trump is and has been for the world over the past couple of years, it is a consolation prize to think about her venal, sociopathic ego being shattered into teeny, tiny bits. just imagine being a fly on her wall on election night.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

shyduck posted:

Remember when Howard Dean made that weird yell and it effectively ended his presidential candidacy

perhaps for the best, if his future career in lobbying for the health insurance industry is any indication. to think the Dem establishment considered him a threat at the time...

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

she'll have to cry herself to sleep in her pile of money

rich people manage to be miserable all the time, it seems like its one of their main emotional states from what I have experienced of them. But like I said, her personal misery is a consolation prize, not a victory

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Feldegast42 posted:

My old roommate has a major in poli sci and I feel like I have a better working knowledge and perspective of politics than him, even though I only got that through posting and lurking on a dead comedy forum

Yeah but he's probably more capable of telling people in power the things they want to hear, which is the practical social function of that education

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Minecraft Holmes posted:

Also he is gay

not sure if you posted this jokingly or not, but I presently live in Tuebingen, a German university town where he lived for some time as a theologian. an older gay man I know here told me that a few decades back he was regularly seen at this one park that was known as a cottaging site. he was apparently quite the femme power-bottom, if what I am told is correct.

this is not to shame being a femme powerbottom, but it would mean he is yet another high profile anti-gay conservative leading a double life

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

not only did the guardian fall for it, they blatantly plagiarized that specific tweet along with its fake quote

Ah... So he's one of those "influencers" you hear so much about these days

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rex-Goliath posted:

not if you pay off the tsa ahead of time

this is basically just an extortion racket, right?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MonsieurChoc posted:

In Tactics Ogre, a japanese videogame that takes place in a medieval fantasy world with a story inspired by the Balkan Wars, the datalog full of info is named the Warren Report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsDU8LC5PLI

That game is wild, you literally are confronted with the choice early on in the game as to whether to commit a false-flag slaughtering of civilians to instigate a revolution.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Grooooaaaaann

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woLQI8X2R6Y

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Chuka Umana posted:

I'm upset I remember the lyrics to this

I've always been of the mind that it constitutes a psychic assault

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Andrew Yang's bid for the democratic primary lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3UfIPyRlrE

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Inceltown posted:

What happened to Roosh anyway?

I didn't recognize this at Roosh and some strange vestigial instinct towards optimism had me interpret this as some kind of funny ironic hyperperformance of masculinity that some guy was doing

It seemed like it was shaping up to maybe be a pretty good bit until I realized the punchline was just that that guy was just an rear end in a top hat who thought he was impressing anyone, which is maybe is funny in some cosmic sense but it didn't make me laugh

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

moist turtleneck posted:

that time zuck did trial balloons for president

Love 2 be a relatable human being

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz_lzEhyryY

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's the same as when republicans are outed as closet gays

As a gay and a big big slut I enjoy the mocking of high profile hypocrites of both stripes

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

mooyashi posted:

the west wing in its entirety is a big laugh, and what the gently caress is up with the lighting in that show

Wasn't the final episode about like the president finally signing a bill to cut social security or some poo poo

I can hear the swelling music now just thinking about it

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

uber_stoat posted:

one of the all time greats.

I wonder if that comic someone made way back when still exists. the one where he is a teenage boy whose superpower comes from retrograde ejaculation

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Virgin Stair-walker:
+ Probably develops respiratory conditions
+ Loses job
+ Has to live through the Bush presidency

Chad Falling Man:
+ Subject of an iconic photograph
+ Dies within seconds
+ Potentially? free of suffering
+ Tarot symbolism? idk

I don't think the stair walker made it my dude

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Wonder what rubbercat is up to these days

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://twitter.com/distortedvideos/status/1100069186708164609

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

GalacticAcid posted:

Lol. Jackson did kill a lot of British people in 1815 at least so he wasn’t all bad

pretty sure he killed a whole lot more indigenous people, the karmic balance is not in his favor

you do not, under any circumstance, got to hand it to him

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kamala Harris carpetbagging in Iowa and then dropping out before the primary lol

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lol remember how Kamala literally moved to Iowa months before the primary to carpetbag some electoral votes and then dropped out because her polling was in the low single digits, literally the margin of error

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

In Training posted:

it's kinda weird that Andrew Jackson is still on the twenty

Didn't Trump act against getting Tubman on the bill or something

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

taqueso posted:

how could you be horny for someone with hair that frizzy, get some dapper dan or something

Not into women and especially not into cookie cutter silicon valley freaks especially, but frizzy hair can look good imo

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

El Mero Mero posted:

just lmao at thinking that you can't get away with a grift in the field of medicine

not for something as concrete as blood testing. if it can be reliably, empirically tested and has life or death consequences, that's pretty bad territory for a grift. clever medical grifters work on the margins in matters where there is no reliable test, treatment, or even a method of quantifying the problem, i.e. neurofeedback interventions sold to parents of children with autistic spectrum disorder, or treatments directed at diagnoses of exclusion like fibromyalgia

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

moist turtleneck posted:

Buff shirtless mueller wearing a tie

The Krassensteins

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

oh my god :cripes:

2016 snake oil salesman: "This safety pin cures racism" lmao

The idea that one finds absolution from white supremacy in consumer choice is profoundly, achingly American

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It really is a photo for the history books

Assuming they're gonna still be printing those a generation from now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Azathoth posted:

no one has ever confirmed it, but I 100% believe that the real reason she didn't give one is because once it was clear she lost, she got piss rear end drunk and they all had to wait for her to sober up enough the next day

This is not mutually exclusive but I assumed she had an angry blowout that couldn't be contained long enough to be sufficiently composed for a speech

I assume it least 1 rooms worth of stuff was trashed, Citizen Kane style