Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Triskelli posted:

I want Cathay and Nippon to be in the game but in spirit of the effort CA put into those settings they’re just the same units, models, and animations from Shogun 2 and Three Kingdoms, no change or additions

Lu Bu will be Cathay’s legendary lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I started as Imrik and took the province near mine and the Dragon Isles. I'm now pinned in by a twenty four settlement Grimgor. The Greentide is real.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Same. I feel like its the same old "get in a tough fight, sit around for 5 turns recovering while the AI recruits two more full stacks" and I'm not having much fun. Also ambushing doesnt work anymore.

The new troll hero seems pretty mandatory since she increases recovery.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Onmi posted:

Quick question, Can you not restore the Golden Order if it's been wiped out? Vlad went and wrecked Gelt's poo poo, but when I went to liberate his zone, there was no option to return to elector.

I think if you let his city rebel his faction will come back and you can let them take the city and then confederate them.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Ammanas posted:

game 3 wont be the vortex map, the main map will be furthest east and north with a joined mega map if own all 3 games

But the bonus race they release before game 3 will be on the Vortex map.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Ammanas posted:

yeah but the vortex map wont be game 3s map. maybe in the game for wh2 owners like mortal empires to encourage game 3 first time buyers to buy 1 and 2

The question wasn't about game 3.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

this happened to me twice, so I tried just throwing influence at him to hold him off while I expanded south

it was working great for a while and then I suddenly see a notification that grimgor had been destroyed and there was a massive dwarf empire that loving hated me for being friendly with the orcs

I can't tell how much is Waaagh making them unstoppable and how much is the new confederation system allowing them to just snowball territory too quickly.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

Both Bretonnia and Lizardmen would argue that isn't the case.

With Lizardmen your best ranged are giant dinosaurs so you don't even need the infantry.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

A lot of the ME map feels like way too much of a thunderdome, especially the bottom part of Lustria.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

gently caress you Grimgor and your 27 region greenskin empire. The dragon boys and I made sure you wouldn't cause trouble for anyone ever again.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

JBP posted:

I feel like some factions order or not organically pull pressure off the dwarfs.

The Dwarfs so far have continually gotten wiped out by Grimgor in every game I’ve tried in the old world.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

:911:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Man, Skaven sucks rear end.

People can complain about Ordertide or Greentide or Elventide or whatever but Skaven are by far the most annoying faction when they get big. Hell, even when they are fairly minor they manage to be far more obnoxious than any serious threats.

Sieging a high level Skaven city is probably the least fun thing in the entire game for me.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

CharlesThunder posted:

its so sad. a kraken lord dark elf swashbuckler should theoretically be my favorite campaign in the game but it just suuuuuuucks

I've never tried him, but he might be one of those lords who should just be played in the Vortex campaign and ignored for ME.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Any other fixes of note in there?

That's the only thing the news on Steam mentions.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I think that’s just random chance, he’s taken the whole island every game that I’ve played.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really like all the other chaos gods’ units way more than Khorne’s or the generic Chaos stuff this game has.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I made sure to immediately work to try and get a defensive alliance with Tyrion. It meant I could ignore elf island and just take in some extra money and get the unique building to make dragons even cheaper.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Playing elector count defense battles in Empire is really fun, and it made me wish there were more situations like that, where you have a small force you don't mind losing, and just use it to help a larger allied force by taking out specific threats or holding a choke point. I think in general smaller battles are more fun in this game, when everything gets to multiple stacks of t4+ units it loses some of its charm and becomes more of a slog. It would be cool if there were more mini quest battle type things where you're given a force just for that battle and have specific objectives. There are a lot of unique battles you could have that way.

Small battles being more fun is why I always get lighting strike. I have no desire to ever control more than one army at a time in a battle.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I started a Wood Elves campaign as Durthu and so far it is way more fun than I thought it would be. Sieges aren’t as bad as I imagined. I got mad that some beastmen destroyed some of my settlements while I was fighting the Enchantress, but I realized I could just make a second army and run at a deficit. When you make a billion dollars for razing a settlements it’s fine to lose some money to upkeep.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I find all of the factions that can't settle, Norsca included even though I love their units, to be huge pains. All the ruins you make just get recolonized so easily that I just feel like I'm making the next person I fight stronger.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’ve never used a witch hunter on my actual army. I only use them for campaign map stuff.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

How do people siege with Skaven? I’ve seen people say Plagueclaw Catapults are good for them, but their firing arcs never seem good when I try and use them.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

In that case i guess I know where my first few skills for every Lord are going!

Those skills still work even if you dismiss the Lord so if you get enough buffs to Lord level you can hire one, get the skill and then dismiss them. It gets you more heroes without paying for more armies.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Man sieges are just...not fun after the 100th one.

I think as I do more sieges I just want to play factions that don’t have good ranged options because it means I can just rush the walls and get it over with.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really wish they'd put some sort of limit on the Greenskin confederation. I shouldn't be trying to stop a 20 region Grimgor on turn 20 .

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Agreed 100%, and I can't find any minds that do anything to show them down or stop them from cheesing Waaaghs super hard.

I tried a dwarf game this weekend and stopped because after beating the initial Greenskin faction I was facing down a Grimgor who had confederated every surrounding Greenskin and his army had a half built Waaagh that already had four lava spiders. Who knows what his other three armies had. I had two armies of basic troops and had just finished my first tier 3 building.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gonkish posted:

Is there a mod to make the loving Chaos minor factions actually stay loving dead? It's been a while since I played in Lustria but last time, at least, I had a loving mod that would force the Puppets of Chaos to, you know, DIE WHEN I WIPED THEM OUT.

Instead, what's currently happening with the beta patch is that the first Chaos invasion happens, WoC get almost instantly dunked by Kislev, and then I spend the next billion or so turns fighting the same five stacks of Chaos until I get bored. WoC die, and then on the next turn they're back! Puppets die, and then on the next turn they're back! Forever! No way to stop being forced to fight the SAME loving FIGHT OVER AND OVER AND OVER. NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES THE MAIN CHAOS FACTION GETS poo poo ON BY NOT-RUSSIA AND NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I KILL THEM THEY JUST INSTANTLY RESPAWN ON THE NEXT TURN.

I just lose any and all will to play the game when it becomes "kill this cookie cutter Chaos army for the billionth time". Is this a bug with the beta patch? I've disabled literally every mod that even goes anywhere NEAR Chaos and they're still immortal and never stop spawning. I just want the pain to end.

The beta patch messed up things triggering correctly after manually fought battles so I imagine that the trigger to stop chaos from spawning after all the stacks have been taken out isn't firing.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wonder how much of the evil hat army will be composed of greenskins since they keep a lot of those around as slaves.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Losteriksson so Skaeggi is a playable faction on Vortex, thus adding a Norscan lord to Vortex and adding flavor to that part of the map in both ME and Vortex. Gives Norsca some different enemies to fight.

They would have to do something to how Norscan settlements work to have a lord that starts outside of the north.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Mustang posted:

How should I approach attacking walled settlements as Ikit Claw? Had my first major battle attacking one and even blowing holes in the wall frequently my rattling gunners wouldn't fire for some reason. It turned into a bloodbath that I got a decisive victory out of somehow. Lost 2 warlock engineers that were in their teens too....

I usually use my artillery to take out some towers and a section of wall or two, and then use up the rest of my artillery ammunition to soften up anyone on the wall. After that I just use a combination of plague wind mortars and lining up my guns to shoot through the walls. I usually have to use a hero or a lord to bait the enemies to come into shooting range.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Get the mod that makes RoR's recharge so you can get a new one every 7 rounds or so

An entire army of RoR's :getin:

I’m just imagining a whole army of that one skaven mortar RoR just carpet bombing the whole map.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kislev is probably in, but I'm not sure how they fit them onto the game 3 campaign map. I don't think the actual country would fit geographically. It seems like they'd have to do a Markus or Repanse type thing.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Too be fair isn’t the elves’ general haughtiness a result of a genetic defect the Old Ones just didn’t feel like fixing?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm real curious to see how they handle non Athel Loran starts for Wood Elves since Upgrading the Oak of Ages and confederating the other three regions is the main way you grow.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Chad Jihad posted:

Name one thing sexier than a crab, I'll wait

A lobster.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Too bad they suck in forests because that means their archer units can’t hit anything.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

I like the Wood Elfs and their celtic blood cult meets Tolkien aesthetic that they've got going on but their micro heavy playstyle combined with their tree maps that you cant see anything on drive me insane.

The true way to play Wood Elves is to play Durthu and bring the forest to the enemy. Don't need any of that silly micro when you've got trees.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Wood Elves will get a Sisters of Avelorn palette swap. It's only fair since the QatC DLC gave the High Elves tree units but in Minas Tirith white.

The new exciting Loren Tree Guard units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

SHISHKABOB posted:

The internet told me to spam war mammoths as norsca.

It will solve any problem you encounter. I don't make all my armies mammoth armies, but once Chaos is gone and you get -75% upkeep I always have a bunch I use to easily win every siege.