Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Randarkman posted:

You'll still be running around with armies of bleakswords and dreadspears and painblades and shadowsongs and murderballads.

They're called painblades because of their internal emoptional pain GOD mom you don't understand me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

Gork is the god of tactical strategy

Mork is the god of strategic tactical

Mork will flank you when you not looking and Gork will flank you twice as hard when you are.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 27, 2017

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's the other way round, ya Zoggin' gits! :orks101:

Mork Boyz 4 Lyfe has Declared war on you

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Pierson posted:

High Elves as 'basic total war infantry/archery/cavalry'-race, Skaven as tarpit/monster-mash like Vampires, Dark Elves as guerilla ambush weirdos like Norse/Chaos, Lizardmen as ???.?

Not really the high elves are probably the closest to a basic total war faction and even then they get oodles of monsters.

The rest of the factions are pretty dissimilar to the first games factions

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 28, 2017

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

How do I get rid of this awful filmgrain?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So for a high elf playthrough should i just be replacing my spearmen with sea boys or just use them to flank around when the line engages to rain arrows into dork elf butts? I cant imagine replacing my archers with them.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I can see why Heir obsessed over the Seaboys; these fuckers are just plain mean to use.

Jesus i took the threads seaboy advice and now im all about that island life.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Hahaha the Tier 3 gold mine for Skaven is: "Although they have no use for it themselves, Skaven purposely mine gold to inconvenience other races" :troll:

They only trade it so they can flood the market with it and crash the economies of other races.

Skaven laugh at your fiat currency elf thing. Mine for bitcoins instead yes yes

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Echoing what others have said I think they made the strategic AI too willing to engage with you. Bunches of times I've seen them sally forth on a siege before attrition sets in even if they had next to no chance of winning. My favorite was seeing a doom stack get sent my way causing me to treat causing them to pursue and attack my stack loosing their doomstack in the process. I took decent losses so it held off the siege but it was literally the only stack they had left.

I think the strategic decisions are designed around slowing down the player as much as possible even at the determinant of it's overall goals. Which I guess makes sense since the objective is no longer paint many lands your color but I dunno.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So anyone got any testing on how much different magic is on unit sizes? I really want beefy magic but bigger numbers is also better.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Randarkman posted:

Magic's super beefy dude.

I dunno it might be just the phoenix farts but It feels like the same problem the first had.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Mightypeon posted:

Have been playing as Big Frog with radious on very hard.

Stuff:

-AI instantly does intervention during even the first ritual.
-Holy poo poo there are much more stacks. I attacked Sildra Tor, and Morathi was allied with them and send a total of 6 stacks against me, even temporarily taking 2 underdefended settlements.
-My new world colonists got reduced to one province by the Wild Orks, and can (after I encouraged them to take some Dark Elf provinces) still field 2 stacks.
-Massive harassment from Ulthuan (should have waited for someone else to do the ritual) and Malekith actually makes me turtle in my 4,5ish regions.
-I am kind of rooting for Clan Pestilens to beat up Teclis who also declared war on me
-Elfs tend to kill my "find Kroq Gar coolfrog to get some trade going" lone Sauri, and also my "hunt for the skull reefs" lone Sauri. Jerks!
-Javelin Skinks are pretty solid wall defenders if your oldblood has the 3 Skink skills, and become actually decent melee infantry if they have gold chevrons and your oldblood has the "elite skink veterans" skill.
-AI seems to be a bit better. There is still blobbing, but less so and you have to make them blob by herding them.

I can field 3 stacks and still build up.
I hope to get enough money for rite of many Dino friends to bum rush Teclis with that and my southern stack.

I actually like this more. Far more stack vs stack battles of legit size. Not quite sure how much of this is very hard and how much of this is radious.

Btw: Did you know you can give targets to your towers during a siege by just clicking on them? Really important if you have that level 1 settlement and there is one siege tower with silver chevron witchelfs, and the other one with lame darkspears.

Anyone else got opinions on this? Sounds like fun but like...its radious.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Honestly improving the chaos spawns should be as easy as making more of them but putting them in a little invasion corridor so you actually can prep for them. It'd be pretty cool to give the Ulthuan gates a use.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Sea guard are cool though and you can get cavalry really early on? And then later you get eagles and dragons what's not to like.

Eh I get where he's coming from. Like Spear/archer spam is the majority of your time with a HE campaign. Sea Boys being archer and spears doesn't really change it up that much beyond how much fire power you can bring. Yeah you can get eagles and dragons but it doesn't feel that fun? Compared to like the DE where your power unit is Shades and shades are real fun to use and hydras which are just fantastic.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So this might be a kind of weird post but I remember that Radious' mods made the AI field more stacks by nature of just giving everyone more money do any of the mods do something similar without having to have his five hundred different units?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I'm paralyzed... with choice

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

So I still havent played a ME campaign. Any recommendations for some fun factions to play?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Autism Sneaks posted:

lizardmen, because your hammer is dinosaurs and your anvil is also dinosaurs

I have consulted the wisest sage, the most learned scholar and the most chaste monk and this is truth.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

You fool, Cao Cao IS Tzeentch

A crow cannot understand the aspirations of a falcon

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Dwarf Named Magnus posted:

"Wow, I can't believe someone named Malekith would try to usurp the throne. :(" - Alyrarion Sparklemane

Malekith is a perfectly normal name given to him by his perfectly normal mother... Morathi.

Playing through a rakarth campaign made me purchase dlc and now I'm playing Eltharion. Feels like a good follow up since it's fantastic foes and where to kidnap them

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 27, 2021

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Dragons are very old and judgemental and want to watch they're programs and take a nap. But if you touch the drat thermostat like those last hooligans you're gonna get it

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

punishedkissinger posted:

did anyone get a link to the big game 3 gameplay trailer they just dopped? having trouble posting it from mobile.

The four seconds of adrenaline before the crushing despair of realizing the date should be considered a war crime.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

What's the most fun Wood elf campaign? I don't own Twisted and Twilight fwiw.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Why is Settra the worst inspector?

SETTRA DOES NOT CERT

Why would Settra lose a nuclear war?

SETTRA DOES NOT MIRV

I hear Professer Settras class is a pain in the rear end.

SETTRA DOES NOT CURVE

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Kazzah posted:

You'd think there would have to be some ur-grog somewhere, but there isn't, it just goes on forever.

Typical faithless atheist the people of the faith know the answers to such mysteries. There is but One. It is He who created a 1:1 scale model of the entirety of the cosmos. He who has painted every model from the largest of galaxies to the smallest subatomic particle. Alpha and Omega, Grog Almighty.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Slings just get pooped on because they are just as hard to use as a bow have significantly worse handling problems compared to a cross bow while being less accurate and less powerful.

They're the worse of all worlds

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i'll accept this, but only, ONLY if grimgor pounding archaon into the dust is the official ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky_ojH6FkpM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Zzulu posted:

I hope they don't make the Monkey King into a chaos thing. In the chinese stories he's essentially just a massive wildcard character who fucks with everyone. He screws with the Dragon Emperors and hells and heavens armies alike

He will have a separate form of corruption called Monkey Madness.