Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Choice legend of total war quote: "orcs remind me of aborigines, they both just gently caress up places and poo poo everywhere"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

actually he's bad

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

StashAugustine posted:

Strategic AI is pretty dire but the tactical AI is actually really good

what is the difference between tactical and strategic? I never know.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

My copy is unpacking but its estimated completion time varies from an hour to a week and a day

this uncertainty is killing me

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i need a new pc

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

John Charity Spring posted:

If you declare war on an ally without first cancelling all the treaties and waiting a number of turns, you'll get trustworthiness penalties which are essentially a modifier that makes every faction like you less.

it'd be cool/overpowered if skaven/dark elves got a public order bonus for betraying people.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

JBP posted:

I kind of like that you really need to be hustling with skaven to get going early. I couldn't wrap my head around what I was meant to be doing with dark elves because their economy is kind of confusing (slaves vs happiness and how that actually calculates when it comes to income).

idk dark elves are pretty easy: be a colossal oval office at all possible times and enslave everything that moves, if people get annoyed at you for it, kill them and enslave them again

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I actually bothered to read the mission description for a bunch of Morathi's missions and it's basically the advisor repeatedly dunking on her

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

New Butt Order posted:

I'm still gonna buy 3 because I'm a shameless consumer whore and it's not like anybody else is making Total War games for me to play. However, Chaos is the most boring poo poo in all of the Warhammer lores combined and I'll be amazed if they can sweeten the pot enough to make it worth a $60 purchase.

Oh boy, I can play as the angry guys with axes, the rapey guys with axes, the filthy guys with axes, or the insane guys with axes.

You do realise Skaven are Chaos right?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

rockopete posted:

Wounded Morathi with a carnosaur (LLs must taste bad) and got the title Hagslayer for my Slann commander. It's the little things.

you get those for defeating all of the LLs, it's pretty great

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

JBP posted:

Ikit Claw making GBS threads lightning everywhere as a LL would be cool.

Wasn't he the guy who blew up the moon? That was like the one good thing in end times

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

lol karak ziflin declared on me as the empire (maybe the had a grudge against Karl Franz's wife's great-grandfather or something) and I had a lord out in the sea to scoop up gold and other goodies and a full dwarf stack followed him on his voyage across the world. i took them to the southlands, nehekara and lustria before landing on ulthuan and i made peace with them. rather than sailing back to the old world, disgusted with being in the homeland of the elves, declared war on tyrion and took a settlement, before being absolutely annihilated by him. you can complain about the ai being wonky but that was such a dwarf thing to do that it's actually immersive.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

So is the only way to get this game to load campaigns/battles quicker is to use an SSD?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

They won't, but I'd really like them to add a version of the first game's campaign only with the QoL changes from Mortal Empire's. Those turn times can be punishing.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

maybe we'll get the Dogs of War and the Vampire Coast in one DLC?

A man can dream

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

For the amount of time I've spent playing this game and total war in general i'm really bad at micro, but I also really like fairly micro intensive cavalry and skirmish armies. Seems like I just lack the necessary multi-tasking skills.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

one of the pirate lords will probably be a pirate who was born with mermaid syndrome who amputed her legs and replaced with with swordfish blades how can you not get behind that

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i wanted saltspite :(

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

DeathSandwich posted:

So then the question then becomes what are the start locations going to look like? Obviously Harkon is probably going to have the Vampire Coast start, and I'm going to guess someone is going to start in Sartosa, but I'm kind of curious where we go from there. Spacewise it seems to make sense to start someone in Araby at or around fantasy Morocco. From there though it's starting to get crowded in the areas I would expect a vampire coast start. There's space in central Lustria, but I wouldn't expect a vampire coast faction to start landlocked on top of that area being better for a new lizardmen or skaven start. You could slot them in on the west coast of Lustria between Teclis and Mazdamundi in that swampy stretch that's normally contested between the skaven and savage orcs. Naggaroth and the dark elf continent writ large is starting to get extremely crowded with Legendary Lords and I would kind of prefer it be someplace slightly less packed. You could drop them into the barren Naggarythe area in the High Elves continent and fluff it as them taking advantage of the chaos of the vortex rituals to gain foothold and start raiding elf trade routes.

My secondary kind of silly wish for part of the Vampire Counts rework in this patch as well is playable Mousillion as well. The Red Duke already has unique items and abilities for his multiplayer model or if you somehow get to confederate him in campaign before Brettonia snuffs him out.

Maybe they'll work as a combination of hordes and settled factions and start with just their ships but are able to take stuff on the coast as bases.

Alternatively there's a ruined settlement on a peninsula between Mazadundi and Morthai's start positions that would work.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Night10194 posted:

At least it is representing the very important pirate ghost demographic.

she gets summon-able ghost brettonian knights

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Night10194 posted:

The funniest part of End Times, to me, will always be that in the story meant to jack off Chaos as invincible, Chaos only narrowly wins at the 11th hour because the stupidest vampire does something totally pointless and stupid for no reason.

Like even in their 'Look how invincible Chaos is' story Chaos still manages to suck.

I'm not sure this has ever been the case considering how much stuff counters Chaos.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i hate all pauldrons. the larger things on your shoulder are the more i hate you, unless it is a parrot or some other loyal shoulder dwelling creature

wtf did u just say

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i think wulfrik and all other pauldron-havers just breaks through the doorframe

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

jokes posted:

WH has the better lore

:chloe:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Randarkman posted:

Kislev as fourth headliner faction Warhammer 2.

Kislev.

Kislev.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

If I recall, the sixth or fifth edition Vampire Counts armybook had rules for themed bloodline armies. The Heroes for the Lahmian army were mostly seduced/mind-controlled heroes from other factions, IIRC.

that's actually a pretty cool concept, hilarious if you could get them from any race

Akthelamahotep the Unending, Skjaldar Gore-Drenched and Skink Priest T'ak'i'laa all decided to leave their busy lives as a Tomb Prince, Champion of Khorne and Priest of the Old Ones in a desperate attempt to get their decaying, armour glad and non-existent genitals wet

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 26, 2018

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

sorry but newcrons are way better than the oldcrons

"faceless, unstoppable horde dedicated to exterminating all life" is already there with the tyranids so they were sort of pointless

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Or if we could just change our capitals at will.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Gejnor posted:

So basically they've brought back the treasure system from Heroes of Might and Magic system of all things, except its seemingly randomized.

You go into a special stance once you think you know where it is, giving you the precious loot!

and the ranking system from sid mier's pirates as well

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I dont know posted:

Luthor can finally fulfill his dream of being a King's Advisor.

to king luthor harkon, of course

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq6Y7KIuetU

Here's an hour of vsea campaign, I'm gonna watch later.

it's really funny how this guy is friends with turin and has pretty similar voice cadences

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Hunt11 posted:

Mazdamundi is a massive rear end in a top hat.

Also I hope that one of the next lizard lords start off near norsca.

God no, I want an actual Lustria start rather than the bordering on Morathiland

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

toasterwarrior posted:

This is actually the answer; IIRC all Lizardmen have the Cold-blooded Logic diplomatic trait, which means they follow the logic of the Great Plan (who loving knows). Basically they will do inexplicable poo poo at times, very much in the vein of classic Total War AI.

This is why I always play as Greenskins so my tactical incompetence is in character

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

A Perfect Twist posted:

Albion has been added to the ME map so they may be a DLC race alongside the lizard/scaven stuff which would be nice.

Albion's units include giants, fimir and a bunch of naked illiterate celts, there's not enough to make a faction out of it

The Old Ones apparently had some poo poo to do with the place, I imagine they'll put the Lizard FLC lord there.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

oh wow so it's not just me and my lovely internet that's making this thing download at 450 kbs then?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

well it's gone up to 600kbs now :negative:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

lol I lost a unit of depth guard because I'm an idiot in my first fight with them as they tried to take on a bunch of saurus and some skinks. Meanwhile a deck hand mob managed to take on like three units of skinks and kill a bunch, all while being bombarded by my mortar fire Luthor getting lazy with a Kraken's Grasp or whatever the spell is.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

ZeusJupitar posted:

All the vampirate heroes and generic lords have English names despite there being no England in warhammer. The lore is officially ruined.

for some reason the impression i'm getting from the vampire captains and admirals is that they're on the vampire equivalent of a gap year. spend a few centuries as a pirate before going home to sylvannia and then boring everyone about how totally un-life affirming it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Aranessa is disgusting with the Sword of Khaine, gently caress me