Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Majorian posted:

(yes, my fellow lefties, I know Warren met with a banker recently, no, I'm not happy about it, and no, I don't think it should disqualify her in and of itself).

It does and it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Calibanibal posted:

not sure if duckworth is running but i think if we hold her feet to the fire we can get her to march left and stand up for real progress

just wanna let you know i got this post :tipshat:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

tammy duckworth has NOT entered the thunderdome.

because you won't build her a ramp you swine

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

stone cold posted:

his motive was containing the threat of chinese communism

i don't think jfk was in his head when he escalated after tonkin

he certainly wasn't in his head later on

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Maybe he does it a lot because connected, affluent white people on twitter really loving love to ignore POC to their left, often to a :yikes: degree as was presented here.

I can't believe that the people who nominated and supported a literal slaveowner for president would have issues with race.

Almost like.....they're the real racists all along :eek:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Ze Pollack posted:

weird. team centrist, presented with an unequivocal demonstration of the fact that centrists decided to silence black voices in favor of protecting their own personal power, suddenly decides erasure is good and right actually

how utterly unpredictable

And that's now led to ol' Sess Jeffons deciding that "black extremists" are more dangerous than white ones. Do you know who he considers a "black extremist"? anyone who's black

Not only are centrists a-ok with this, they actively support it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
For all the good that the Onion does, turning Joe Biden into a likable caricature instead of the walking sex-offender that he really is undoes all of that good.

He, along with the Obamas and the Clintons and Pelosi and their centrist trash ilk need to be expelled from modern society as swiftly as possible.

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 7, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Majorian posted:

Biden was already a "likable caricature" in the public's perception, long before The Onion ever wrote anything on him. The dude's had a lot of practice at being folksily charismatic and disarmingly "awww, shucks."

The four things that people remember about Biden from the past eight years was mocking the poo poo out of Paul Ryan in the VP debate, the "this is a big loving deal" to Obama about LGBTQ rights, Diamond Joe and his Trans Am, and not running due to his son's death. The first two, while under his control, were independent one-off events, the latter obviously not positive at all. The third one was the constant image we were presented of Biden during his VP tenure, which was far from the truth from the groping wannabe rapist who's fully in bed with the credit card companies that he actually is.

His negatives were overshown by a fictional version of himself. He's centrist trash, like the rest of that administration.

e - also, fair enough

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Condiv posted:

America doesn't deserve the republicans though

Yes it does. And the consequences.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Zas posted:

twitter offered to, but RT refused.people need to read the freakin articles

Even Russian propagandists know how stupid it is to dump money into tech.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Just want to say that all are welcomed in the Costco thread, even the bad posters.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Zas posted:

The reactions to th Franken thing are especially telling because the worry of many of the people defending him is that this poo poo is super common among powerful men.

FYP. There are no good men.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

sirtommygunn posted:

In terms of attempting to bring charges, yeah listen to the victim, but the man holds a powerful public office and needs to be held to a basic standard of "does not sexually assault people". He should step down as soon as it isn't a suicidal move in congress.

There's also been cases where victim's haven't wanted to press charges as to avoid the scrutiny that would arise, such as the woman that Ben Roethlisberger raped, among others. There's also been plenty of cases where victim's haven't wanted to press charges but police/DAs have, and this should be one of those times. Franken should have stepped down immediately, regardless of it was a suicidal move, but because it was and is the right thing to do.

But in trying to shift the goalposts, the dems are going to get Roy Moore seated in Congress and lose the Franken seat to the GOP, who just have to say "Don't vote for an admitted rapist" and will win. It'll be another massive self-own and the dems will learn not a goddamn thing from it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Condiv posted:

it's also a real trip to see people slut shaming franken's accuser:

dems are supposed to be above this disgusting behavior

dems are supposed to be above a lot of things and still manage to trip over that low bar, so why does this surprise you

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
okay let's do the big al franken investigation

investigator: "al did you touch this woman against her consent"

frnakin: "yes"

investigator: "case closed kick his rapist rear end out"

done and done, get to stepping you rapist piece of trash

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

There's no reason to vote Dem at any level with their attitude towards sexual assault.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

ReindeerF posted:

Evil will always win because good is dumb.

If the dems are the best you can must on the "good" side then it deserves to lose.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

With this Franken news I'm disappointed that JC is on probation for a month because I'm curious whether we'd get a consistent doubling down that it's bad for him to resign his position of influence and power without a full investigation because now we'll never know exactly how many women he abused thanks to the influence and power of his position...or whether we'll get some doubleplusgood bellyfeel duckspeaking that the Party was always right to demand his resignation without the delay of an ethics investigation.

I only skimmed over what he said but this was David Simon's position on Twitter. I know Simon's closer to being on the right side of history than the wrong but he's wrong here.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

my reaction when someone says anime is good

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Cingulate posted:

That's honestly about what I expect from a Good US President: giving health care to a few tens of millions, and not starting any real new wars.

And this is what encourages dems to just be Diet GOP instead of an actual leftist opposition. Because when the bar to clear is six-feet under, why actually try?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Condiv posted:

Apparently obama supporting a violent fascist coup in honduras doesn’t count for you

Or all the PoC who suffered domestically either. But then again, we've never really counted in America so why start now.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Solkanar512 posted:

Basically the same assholes that get loving livid over the idea of poor people

Cerebral Bore posted:

Fixed that for ya.

Tightened it up for ya.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
friendly reminder that there is no ethical consumption under capitalism, so if you gave/got a gift this year you are the enemy and should be sent to the guillotines.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

I went to Minnesota once and they tried to convince me German food was sausage, cabbage, and a beer in a glass shaped like a boot. We thought we could handle a boot. It's very big for two people over dinner. Sauage was good though.

boot booted by hoot

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
smh at anyone eating anything other than the rich itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Friendly reminder to come and play the D&D sheep game, now featuring avatar changes! One last day to play and win big!!!!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845479

• Locked thread