Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
did they kill a mook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
So...Bruce Wayne confirmed.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Narcissus1916 posted:

So... this season isn't really working well, I take it? Saw the premiere but episodes have stacked up my DVR.

Outside of ditching some characters because they couldn't think of a way to keep them/it was too inconvenient to keep them I think this season has been fine if a bit aimless.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

Funny how common wisdom a few years back was "Enjoy X show while you can because after JUSTICE LEAGUE CINEMATIC UNIVERSE comes out these TV also-rans are gonna be toast"

And then Arrowverese created a better Justice League movie. (I assume, I haven't seen Justice League).

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Largely, they improved Felicity's character over her Season 4 weirdness and my guess some EP said pick a side, either Oliver and Felicity are together or drop the plot. She has been relatively mature and good support for the team and provides that human side that Oliver needs to rebuild. In the crossover she handled the question well up until she trampled all over Barry and Iris's moment but they seemed cool with it so whatever.

Basically, DC TV Universe owns and is in good place.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I hope he kept that body on ice so he can fake his death more easily.

Oliver, I wish you would't keep that body frozen down here, it's creepy and you displaying it like a trophy is making it worse.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Well right now, from the look of it, it's the "gently caress You, Oliver Queen" Brigade...

The Flash why are you here?
He shot it me in the back twice and I haven't gotten him back for it.

Also, let's be real Oliver would of made the same decision as Rene.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

The toppings contain potassium benzoate.

* blank stares *

Just caught up on the episode and a good way to set up the 2nd pat of the season. Though I agree Team Arrow and Oliver (for once) were in the right vs. the Outsiders. I am genuinely curious how they are going to solve this by the end of the season though.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Wasn't Ivan Drago Dolph Lundgren still alive at the end of last season's flashback plot? There's no way he's not coming back.

Didn't Oliver kill him before he left the Island.

Also, they should of just stuck to their guns and kept Dig as GA with Oliver pinch hitting occasionally.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Yeah, I wanted to mention this.

They want to keep things among the story's small amount of main characters but keep escalating and raising the stakes to where it kinda makes no sense that nobody else seems to care.

It's like "Maximum Carnage" where a murderous super villain is just slaughtering people all over Manhattan in broad daylight and they don't even mention The Avengers, The Fantastic Four, SHIELD or any of the 200+ people and agencies that would have a problem with what is going on. The city gets destroyed and people are brutally murdered everywhere while Spiderman and his team spend like more than a week skirmishing with them and occasionally bringing in just enough people to even the odds with Carnage. Shriek had some kind of mood altering gimmick and caused massive riots with hundreds of people fighting in the streets and destroying everything, for days at a time, and just Spiderman and one or two of his team show up to deal with it.

Cayden James apparently has killed dozens of people while constantly trying to kill more. He is sending armed military groups to slaughter innocent civilians while killing government officials. Argus is headquartered in Star City for fucks sake.

At least with Star City, it seems like there is such rampant corruption (especially in the early seasons) that it is A) Rather normal for Star City and B) only recently have they had people who want to change the city for the better for everyone. Which is kinda how old mill cities are or have been. And at least they don't go with the Gotham City option of corruption and apparently built on an ancient burial ground so it will always be corrupt. Contrast that to Central City which seems fairly well run, with minimal corruption, people mostly feel comfortable except for the occasional "natural" disaster but the death rate seems lower.

Also, I like to think that ARGUS has to deal with so much international bullshit that they can't deal with local stuff.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
The episode would of been a lot better if they were signaling Black Canary 2 was going down Oliver's original plan of killing people forget the rest. Also, I was starting to like Vigilante.

But yah, Oliver and Dig were right and team Outsiders went gently caress you dad and failed so hard.

Though, I get why they don't call Barry and team Flash because I assume they update each other on goings on in their city and since Barry is in prison...

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I didn't mind the episodes as much as others but where I am getting annoyed with Arrow is pick a decision and stick with it for awhile. They started the season out decently but I think they are spinning their wheels.

Dig as Arrow and Ollie as relief was great...for the two episodes it lasted.
Killing Laurel, while not particularly well executed, was a shake up for the status quo...until you are trying to redeem Black Syren which also sucks cause Katie Cassidy is so good as the bad vamp.
The Outsiders is a good idea, except they are constantly working with Ollie and we don't need the constant reminder that this doesn't change anything.

See I think the whole Canary v. Green Arrow isn't a bad idea and could be done well, if they aren't going resolve it in one episode. The whole Ollie has gone through this so he can help you thing would be an interesting direction but it seems like it will last for an episode.

Also, stop giving every villain a redemption story! I actually like Cayden's mini-turn at the end but Merlyn didn't deserve a redemption, Syren doesn't really deserve a redemption.

I do like that William has Flash gear, it's just a nice touch.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I feel both Flash and Arrow writers have great ideas for the first half and then forget those ideas until after Christmas.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Following Stephen Amell on twitter is great because he basically baits trolls on Olicity.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Yay!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Well the difference being people will actually miss Wentworth Miller.

Willa Holland is fun and actually made Thea likable after the 1st season, which was a triumph. Her character kinda just hit a brick wall.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

checkin in real quick, is the show still bad

cool, cool

makes me really sad to see it flame out, the first half of the season was great :smith:

They have really had a hard time of sticking the landing since season 2. Season 5 being the only exception I think.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Aleph Null posted:

How can Legends of Tomorrow be so good while Flash and Arrow are so horrible?

Flash is good this season, just not season 1 good. And season 3 wasn't that bad.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Flash did a prison arc and it sucked.

Counter: I liked the flash prison arc.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Your face is a prison arc!

Oh yah, well, guess what I am also Diaz.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Tiggum posted:

I hate it every time they do this. It's so incredibly blatant it's like they stop the show to have the characters turn to the camera and say "Donald Trump is bad. Do you get it? We're making a political statement! About Donald Trump. Did you catch it? OK, back to the show!"

I think we need to be more blatant about considering, Donald Trump is out president.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I liked this episode.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Phylodox posted:

It was a better episode, but it was still pretty bad and dumb. Which wouldn’t be a problem if the show didn’t take itself so seriously and, in doing so, ask us to as well.

Like, for reals, Legends of Tomorrow is exponentially dumber than Arrow, but it is obviously played for yuks, so it’s exponentially better, too.

Arrow has kind of painted themselves into a corner where their writers just aren’t really capable of pulling off the kind of dramatic tone they’ve established anymore. It’s all just too contrived and convoluted and dumb to be taken straight faced. It worked when it was a tight, focused show for the first couple of seasons, but things have just spiraled completely out of control.

I kinda wish next season you shrink the cast or build up the bad guy better. All the concepts this year on their own aren't bad but never feel fully thought out.

Also, this season would of been better placed after season 2 not after Ollie has taken down Ras and Dahrk.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
It's sending Oliver to prison but undercover to find out some secret criminal underground or something.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

The characterization and interpersonal drama has been so bad this season. It's grating, hollow, hypocritical, and sometimes, absolutely nonsensical. When they finally throw all that out and roll with "you're a huge smelly jerk Oliver but you're OUR huge smelly jerk so let's get these sons of bitches," amazingly enough, the show gets 1000000% better.

No interpersonal team drama next year please.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

oh my sweet summer child

THE WELL IS DRY.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Honestly, both Flash and Arrow were decent this season but the start of their back half episodes kinda just fell flat.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Counter: Yes. The middle is bad but the start and finish are good.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Frankly I just want to know what kind of dumb way he's going to get his secret identity back.

The FBI is going to say they arrested Oliver Queen on some crime of not being Green Arrow and that GA is probably Tommy Merlyn, wherever he is.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I am the sucker because I am in after that trailer.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Koalas March posted:

Jewish folks were also upset because Kate is Jewish and they're worried about erasure. Although they're so open about Felicity's judiasm so I really doubt they'd wash that out but 🤷🏾‍♀️

Maybe Ruby can hook up with Candice Patton who I'm sure can give her advice. I guess people were telling her to bleach her skin again which is just.. ugh

Though Felicity is kinda backup, Ragman was pretty Jewish too, so progress?

Wait, is Ruby a PoC? I saw her on her one season on OitnB and she as pretty meh.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Earth-X is a great self-contained story and does a fairly good job of catching you up on relevant important info from the four shows that's relevant to the plot. Plus, it's four straight hours of superheroes beating the poo poo out of Nazis. I can't think of a better selling point than that.

And not hemming and hawing about the Nazi beat downs either!

Season 6 of Arrow felt like a giant U curve, good start, awful middle, good to decent finish.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
The season premier is good but brutal so far.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Xelkelvos posted:

So...Time Travel?

or elseworlds?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Everyone shut up and look at this picture.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I'm glad they brought Colton Hayes back.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Colton Hayes looks, healthier? I think?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
TV Sins did Arrow just FYI

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
One of the reasons I appreciate this not being a Batman show is they would of done some bullshit about how Batman was faking being broken because his mind is SO STRONG and MENTALLY THE STRONGEST EVER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Well that was incredibly dumb.

Even sending normal prisoners to level two seems like it would be incredibly risky, because most of them probably still have some contact with the outside world; someone who's going to, say, contact a lawyer or at least start making some noise about these prisoners who've just disappeared and had all their records erased. But to send a popular, rich, former-mayor with friends in government and law enforcement there and expect to get away with it is insane.

On the other hand, the American prison systems (taking aside Ollie) do all sorts of dumb stuff all the time.