Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

EorayMel posted:

I didn't know turkey is/was apparently a relatively large crypto hub, wtf is going on :confused:

lira is going to be a substitute for toilet paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

That chia poo poo sounds like a conspiricy of harddrive producing companies.

or just another day in hellworld :v:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

All the hype with "el salvador and paying for a coffee with bitcoin" is just the stupidest poo poo ever. Why would anyone trust companies/persons/exchanges with their money? There are good reasons for regulations.

But me is just a stupid nocoiner, hurr durr derp.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

For instance: A wire transfer in Europe with SWIFT. You pay no fees, it is safe and fast enough. Why would i ever use other sketchy systems for payments higher than 50€?

Man , bitcoin people are just the worst.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

mojo1701a posted:

Turn all the fans on to cool the earth to make up for the global warming accelerated by cryptocurrency.

Load of BS, it is widely known that opening all fridges and freezers is a far superior method to combat climate change.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

TLDR plz

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Legally supported, nodal diversified Fintech Layer2 Buttcoins

Clearly the best Buttcoins, if you think about it a little.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Strong Sauce posted:

if a dollar is 3 cents. yes tether is fully backed by a dollar

No way they have 3% of the market volume in cash. Some kind of forced audit by a major player (USA or EU) would be the bomb, not some bought off accountant firms report.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Daily reminder: Buttcoins

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

thats me. I pay only with cash and hate companies which try to employ almost no people and expect to sell their stuff. Like my nearest McDonalds when introducing ordering via touch screen and phone. gently caress that poo poo.

also buttcoins

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

kw0134 posted:

People are losing their poo poo because their favorite brand of ice cream isn't in the freezer because of COVID-related supply chain shocks, but total economic collapse will surely not inconvenience the new lords of the universe with their buttcoin holdings.

I will happily trade my self grow food and meat products for buttcoins in case of a apocalypse. Just imagine how practical they are. I use them everyday for

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Gutcruncher posted:

We should really creat physical tokens and paper certificates to represent the wealth we have in various cryptos. Just in case anything happens to the blockchain smart ledger we have these things to prove our ownership and exchange with each other
BUT physical tokens and paper certificates dont waste TWh s of energy. Sounds like a pretty stupid idea, like monkey.jpeg stupid

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Collateral Damage posted:

I have a friend who was able to buy a house with the money he made off bitcoin. He CPU mined a handful of them way back when that was possible, then forgot about it until a couple of years ago. He still had the wallet and password and was able to sell it off for a few hundred thousand.

He fully agrees that crypto is stupid and he just got lucky.

Imo thats the only use case for crypto

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Read the last 10 pages, all was explained already. Go.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

HappyHippo posted:

Jesus, normally I laugh at these people but, god drat, this one makes me feel bad

Never feel sad for those greedy assholes. Play stupid games, win stupid prices.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

toiletbrush posted:

ive rjun the numbers and its going to the moon

i konw it is alittle late, but where are the log axis. shame SHAME walking-naked-out-of-town-SHAME

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

the best thing about crypto is when poo poo goes belly up and the copium is brought out. The financial illiteracy shown by some people is just amazing edit: like straight into my veins AMAZING

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

And everyone of them deserved what they got.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

priznat posted:

I like wearing a mask in case I get the urge to do crimes. So far no but you never know! Be prepared I say.

You are carrying a smart phone with you (~ 95%), so no crimes for you. edit: Also normal dumb mobile phones count too i guess

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I'm sure it was only daisy chained a few times with that wholly professional setup

Yeah, bring on them 1mm2 (AWG18) chinese extension cords.

I never get why most of the farms havent proper cabling, not that much more expensive considering GPU prices

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Serjeant Snubbin posted:

This post was so awful I think you just gave me cancer.

Speaking sadly from experience, this post is worse than cancer.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Celexi posted:

the check will usually be available for withdrawal if you do that, it takes a week or months for a fake check to bounce

This whole check system is like the dummest poo poo ever. Just pay with hogheads instead, makes more sense then checks and bitcoin combined.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Nothing wrong with rug pulling. If you invest in things you dont understand, it is fair game imo.

(eg: If you cant be bothered to google stuff at minimum, like Smart Contract --> First hit on Google

"Smart contracts defined. Smart contracts are simply programs stored on a blockchain that run when predetermined conditions are met. They typically are used to automate the execution of an agreement so that all participants can be immediately certain of the outcome, without any intermediary's involvement or time loss." --> Sounds very safe lol)

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 7, 2023

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

The only good TA is when you build a ARM Vulcan Cannon and supply it with ~30k power production to enable it to shoot really fast.

Ontopic: I blame crypto for Total Annihilation: Kingdoms

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Hello Sailor posted:

Once it turned out to be a scam, the bagholders would probably be pretty salty about it.

Also they would feel a deep regret

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Offler posted:

In Swedish we call tulip bulbs "tulpanlökar" which means tulip onions, so if you read about the tulip mania in Swedish you'll encounter a lot of talk about stuff like the price of the next season's onions and such.

Every vegetable in Swedish contains Lök, you guys are addicted to that.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

they are, by and large, ugly as sin as well. just loud and ostentatious monuments to greed and poor taste.

The original Lamborghini Countach is pretty dope

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I use BTC for

everyday.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Yeah, nerdy computer touchers will strike the fear into normal, working people in case of the apocalypse. LOL.

Your worthless usb stick with your butts on it will come in real clutch.

I love you Seraph, i really do

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 5, 2023

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

El Pussito Magnito posted:

The harsh reality you’re doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to avoid is that my late 2013 bet on Bitcoin has left me far better off materially than I would have been had I not divested from fiat.

The landscape of crypto nowadays is horrible, it is a waste of energy and manpower. When every month a new scam/rugpull/excahnge goes belly up, it is hard to mask that with memes.

I am happy for you that your investment paid off, but you shouldnt underestimate how lucky you are that everything worked out and you got your actual money back.

Also Buttcoin

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Nah, just take it easy. It is only some stuff on the internet. Scroll past it or chuckle at a few memes.

It is the buttcoin thread, there is not much to take seriously anyway.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

well played sir.

the 3 steps for crypto are

1. buying
2. holding

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Sounds stressful, i bet you have to be lace-r focussed when playing.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

So it is toothpaste flavoured?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

funds are safuUUUU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

FUNDS ARE SAFU

Nothing to see here

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Fur20 posted:

APE HAS SOLD APE

thanks, that is the stupidest poo poo i read in 2024

so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Desert Bus posted:

Many people don't know this but "Buttcoin buttcoin Buttcoin buttcoin buttcoin buttcoin Buttcoin buttcoin." is a grammatically correct sentence. Just a fun fact!

Also makes far more sense than NFTs