Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

Star Ocean: The Last Hope (PC, PS4) – November 28

This is still the most baffling decision in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

overwatch ... is good

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

precision posted:

it just wasn't ever very good

What the gently caress

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I mean yeah Riven was better but come on

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

:yeah:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

Starcraft II is going free-to-play and everyone that bought Wings of Liberty is getting the first expansion, Brood War Two: Electric Boogaloo Heroes of the Storm Heart of the Swarm, for free. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/21173629/starcraft-ii-going-free-to-play-explained-11-3-2017

Well, I booted up Starcraft II today and got started on Heart of the Swarm and I just can't do it. The writing is just too unbearably insufferable. I want to like Kerrigan but her writing consists of 1) complete and total devotion to Chris Metzen self-insert Jim Raynor and 2) sexy!

the writing is insanely bad but the campaign itself is very very good and worth going through if you just skip all the words

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

who the gently caress showers before bed

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

your social life will stay clean longer if you wash your dirty grimy body before going outside and interacting with people

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I disagree

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i enjoyed both undertale AND ddlc

tbh i enjoy most games i play because enjoying is fun

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

Undertale is really really really good but like everything that exists it's not for everyone

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

I played through Doki Doki Lit Club, enjoyed it, although if you leave the game sitting there at the final scene you get all these weird loving preachy things about "college is overstated" and "u should always try hard and succeed" and "people shouldnt be mean about opinions" like ok dude I get it you're using this end screen as a platform for your tweets, can I go now

fwiw if that's One-On-One Time With Monika that's not the final scene

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

goty discussion:

persona 5 - it's by no means a perfect game but it struck me like few others have and i fell in love with it and all the characters and now i've written 130k words of fanfiction about it
mario odyssey - pure joy in videogame form. thought it might beat out p5 for me but a couple of the kingdoms (wooded) i didn't care for
prey - system shock 3 in all the best ways. its last act dragged it down a little with all the load screens but the overall experience was just what i had been hoping for.
ffxiv stormblood - a pretty phenomenal expansion that improved on heavensward in just about every way. ADORED the story, adored the characters, adored the maps, adored the bossfights.
dangranronpa v3 - a stellar end to the trilogy and basically everything i wanted out of the finale. a couple characters were weak and i'm super mad about chapter 1 even still but it was great overall.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

being the stretchy onion is really cool but like you say, getting around it is such a pain. i just don't like it very much

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

probably

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Olive! posted:

okay wtf so Persona 5 actually did come out this year, so why did literally no one else vote for it in the sheep game

I went with my gut on that one and after I lost I looked it up

and I was mad at myself for getting it wrong, but no

and there wasn't a single other vote for it? I thought goons here loved Persona

idk i was shocked there were only like three votes for it or w/e; it's by far my goty and i thought it was pretty well-received around here

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Olive! posted:

There weren't even three votes though, it was seriously just me. Oh well.

oh lol

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i usually can't remotely get into open world games because they get really aimless and i stop caring right away, but HZD has me hooked both because the core combat gameplay is very very good and because you get to play a cool-rear end girl

more games should let you play cool-rear end girls

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Nina posted:

I love that Prey came out with a female character option and it was 100% the same narrative for it, because somehow I guess only Arkane realized you can totally just do that with most stories and it's actually a good way to go about it

I really wish more would be like prey!!!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

Skulltag is better than any modern multiplayer

This but unironically

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Sonic Mania owns but I didn't grow up playing Sonic so the gameplay feels alien. This is not how platformers usually operate!

Once you get used to it it's great, though. Love to finally experience Sonic, and on a Nintendo system.

there is nothing funnier in this dumb gay world than people who don't know how to play 2d sonic games

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Samuringa posted:

My man, that's all of fanfic. Sometimes it's a clone, sometimes it's someone from an alternate reality, but it's smut all the way down.

smut is extremely good, so this makes sense

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i only finished nier:a because my boyfriend said the ending was phenomenal and made him cry but gently caress i was just so bored

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i love picking up crypt of the necrodancer for the first time in three months and still nailing the daily challenge

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

nachos posted:

how about "game I regret buying the most"

mine's Agents of Mayhem at $45 what was I thinking :wtc:

mass effect andromeda when it was brand new

god i'm a moron

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

I wonder how many people are gonna buy Bioware's Destiny clone on launch.

gently caress i probably will

as mentioned, i'm a moron

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

how tf do people get so much gold? i've never understood it

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

spasticColon posted:

And I've never played a Persona game so would I like Persona 5?

It was my first and I loved it.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

My friends and I were out drinking tonight, and hit on what I think was an interesting topic: what games do you end up replaying at least once a year?

I always seem to attempt Final Fantasy Tactics every year. I’ve never beaten it but I’ve probably sunk hundreds of hours into it

suikoden 2, the pinnacle of jrpgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

blitzball ... is good

• Locked thread