Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ghost and Patrick are on IR and will not go with the team to Chicago. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/emilymkaplan/status/925739473731833857

jack eichel is shocked to find out that people from other countries might speak other languages

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I remember when the flyers had defensemen

Pepperidge Farm remembers

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ivan Provorov played drat near 30 minutes last night :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

god i love Charlie O'Connor

quote:

2: Stop yelling about snipers

It's become a predictable mantra following a shutout loss that saw the Flyers simply run into a goalie who was on his game. “It's because the Flyers can't finish!” you hear. “No one on this team is a pure sniper, and that's why these games always happen to them.”
When I hear the word “sniper” getting tossed around, I have gotten in the habit of reading it as “a guy who scores goals when I'm angry that the team can't score goals.” In reality, even the 2015-16 Lightning (who had two snipers in Stamkos and Kucherov) were shut out six times. Every team runs into hot goalies sometimes. Take care to avoid building a narrative around that frustration.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i am the bird posted:

I just realized the Kings are 9-2-1. Are they for real or is this unsustainable?

That's a little hard to say. They got a good home schedule to start, got to play a brutal Montreal team twice, a messy Isles team, and a still-garbage Buffalo team. It helps that the Pacific is still a dumpster fire and they're not playing anyone of note on the road now until Washington at the end of November.

Still, Quick looks really sharp so far, and Kopitar and Brown have both had really good starts.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ivan Provorov will log 40 minutes tonight, book it

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ivan Provorov had 10 blocks and 27+ minutes of ice time :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So I guess we don't need Ghost Bear, Nolan Patrick, or Gudas anymore! Get those bums out of Philadelphia!!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Look Around You posted:

So uh... what happened in the NYR/TBL game that caused Hayes, Killorn and Stamkos to get fined?

spearing around the benches and someone squirting water at someone else

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

bub spank posted:

If Nashville is doing that, why not just trade a d-man for Duchene straight up? He and Turris are pretty comparable players, but Duchene’s younger and under contract longer.

The continuation of Sakic's career basically depends on what he can get for Duchene. He has to have a grand slam of a deal though and the odds of it working for him are still basically zero.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ghost Bear expected back tonight :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I am shocked the flyers lost in a shootout

Shocked, I say!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

He also returned most of his signing bonus. The guy got basically nothing out of coming to the NHL for a month.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-inside-matt-duchene-kyle-turris-blockbuster/

jesus :psyduck:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hurray the flyers

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that's a super neat find

Jordan7hm posted:

That is a wild contract.

No, they weren't formed for another few years :rimshot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Man, Bob's english got a ton better, good for him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nolan and AMac are back to full practice today, woo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

His name is grack and he prefers to be called Roma.

Grack was the worst of the 4 horsemen?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus christ Niemi got waived again

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Stu-Bickeling is my new favorite verb now, thanks

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

His next transaction will be LumpyGumby announcing he has acquired a Niemi Panthers jersey for $20

hahahaha

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/930447658166075393

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/930480906808078336

lmao

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wasn't Tye Mcginn the one who got his face hella sliced open when he was in philly?

E: Oh, Mike Brown beat the poo poo out of him, that was it

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Charlie O'Connor is great

quote:

Over the past two seasons, I've come to a fascinating conclusion regarding Radko Gudas: I know that he's an effective, underrated defenseman who consistently puts up stellar on-ice results, but I am incapable of explaining exactly how he does it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BSH posted:

News came out of yesterday’s practice that the Flyers have been experimenting with new line arrangements for the middle six. Those changes include moving Weal to center a line of Simmonds and Weise, with Filppula moving down to center Lehtera and Konecny. With secondary scoring severely lacking through much of this season, the coaching staff are trying their hardest to make changes and jumpstart some extra offense

gently caress it, sure why not

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Tomas Tatar posted a great... I don't know, security cam footage? video of his first skate at the pizzarena, where he forgot to take his skateguards off.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Caps finally find a way not to lose in the second round.

:thurman:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

I used to do that all the time growing up playing ice. I haven't done it in a long time though which probably means next beer league game I will.

It happening to the player ahead of me stepping onto the ice was a rare but wonderful gem growing up

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/930905794106753025?s=17

seems about right

:rip: RAS

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

deoju posted:

First season, first practice I step on the ice and eat it with my skate guards on. I learned a lot of lessons that year, but that was the first.

Isn't putting clear tape on skates a hazing thing in some leagues?

hell yeah it is :q:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The flyers are going to get shut out by stebe mason tonight and I am going to laugh

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shawn Cotureier posted:

He’s backing up Hellebuyck

Also Nolan Patrick is playing tonight

wooooooooooooo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Jesus christ, Gudas. Any time I get to a point where he's doing well enough that I forget that he's a huge fuckin' shithead, he does some poo poo like this again. Holy poo poo. How did he only get 5 games for this?

He got 5 minutes+ejection, and the refs hosed up the handling of enforcing it. They sent him for 2 minutes for slashing, then just before the faceoff looked up at the jumbotron replay and then gave him the 5+game. I don't think the league's reviewed it yet.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Oh I misread. I'm still not fully awake yet. My bad.

Yeah, a major and ejection makes perfect sense for this. There's no way he doesn't get a suspension for this, though. He's a super repeat offender at this point.

Yeah he's likely getting a couple games.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah the more I look at it the more I think it's idiocy than malice, he's not really looking at him as he comes down. Still, it was a bad shot, and he's got a history.

Perreault stayed in the game so there's that, but I'd imagine he's gonna sit for at least 1

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

In other injury news, a fan got hurt by a puck into the stands at VGK/VAN last night to the point where they decided to cut the 2nd period about a minute short and tack it on to the start of the third.

oh jeez, that's awful

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

this goes here too

https://twitter.com/sfstampede/status/932119958007492608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Aaron Portzline notes that with Friday's game against the Rangers, Sergei Bobrovsky now holds the CBJ franchise record in minutes played, with 15,314:12. Guaran-loving-tee you won't guess who held it previously.

Marc Denis, with 15,258:43

• Locked thread