Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v6rHsQcgno

Tired Moritz posted:

I dont get the thread name
Click the Lovechop quote in the first post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Rygar201 posted:

I wish I knew which Inspiration runes he was taking on her
Op.gg lets you check their runes per game now, under "Builds" :)

Vs Vlad

Vs Zed

Teikanmi posted:

Don’t take minion dematerializer on any champ ever. Instead learn how to last hit and manage your minion waves and mana.

The free 450 gold you get from magical boots is worth more than 6 minions that you can kill one every 10 seconds or whatever.

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah I don't see how minion dematerializer is any good at all
:v:

Orv posted:

If it works on super creeps then it could have a use in some kind of hell siege scenario but the game is so snowbally and lethal right now that sieges are basically an impossibility.
It does not.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Unstoppable Force is now a linear skillshot with unlimited range but you only stop upon hitting a champion; if you fail to connect you will travel off the map, never to return for the rest of the game.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Any slow over 75%~ is effectively just a 75% slow because you can't go below 110 MS (unless the slow is over 100% at which point it just roots you, but I think only Janna can do this)

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Radical posted:

i feel like i see more posts about yorick in this thread than ornn which is really weird

:thunk:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Why play this game when you can play that moba where you're batman/jokee?
That game didn't even last 6 months before shutting down.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel like it's hard to find a character magical footwear isn't great on, just hands you 350g and instant item delivery and permanent +10 movement, it's automatically giving you a kills worth of gold and then some.

The numbers seem to back it up with it being the highest win % choice for nearly everyone who takes it.
Singed wants to buy boots before 10 minutes in like 70%+ of matchups.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Verviticus posted:

i cant wait for pantheon to stop existing!
Same, but unironically :twisted:

Camel Camus posted:

I don't see those changes making nunu a terror because the power shift is on maxing his w which sucks rear end and will have him get loving annihilated by any decent junglers invades or counter ganks.
As opposed to now where you max Q, which does nothing in those situations either?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Nunu is abysmally bad as a support, especially for Ziggs (who isn't exactly great shakes as ADC himself currently). Ziggs either wants a support to protect him, or to help shove the wave under the enemy tower. Nunu does neither of those things. Bot lane currently favours sustain (with Fleet Footwork/Overheal on the ADC) or engage supports, both of which Nunu can't really answer.

You would have more luck running Ziggs mid/Nunu jungle.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Nunu is simple to play and has good sustain for learning jungling, but by no means would I ever describe him as "really strong" in the current game.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

does anyone have the old kingcobweb "how to play support miss fortune" video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX_deR7ORzo

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

frajaq posted:

that sounds kinda funny, will try that if I can
Take Klepto and start Ancient Coin/Refillable. I'm not joking. It's really good.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Methanar posted:

game is loving garbage
turn on your monitor :D

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Reality Loser posted:

Brood War hasnt been patched in almost 20 years
That's not even close to true? Patch 1.16.1 came out in 2009. Patch 1.18 came out last year.

njsykora posted:

I too enjoy games that fall stale in which nothing changes for weeks.

DOTA sucks.
There are plenty of games that receive few or no patches but still have a changing meta even years after they come out.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Spudalicious posted:

MF is the best ADC, if she gets picked/banned before you get to pick her, just dodge.
She's sitting at a 49.8% winrate right now, I don't think this is correct (sadly)

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/nbQ5ovT.mp4

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Bronze is the bottom 25%~. The next 50%~ are silver.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Vermain posted:

Maintenance announced for 8.4 on Thursday. You can take a look at the PBE cycle notes on S@20 if you want a sneak peak.

quote:

Twitch
Contaminate (E) base damage lowered from 20/35/50/65/80 to 20/25/30/35/40
Fffuuuuuuuckkk yooouuuuu

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Orv posted:

E: Awww yeah, time for more of the worst idea, Middlesticks.
:confused: These changes nerf Middlesticks out of viability though? They totally remove his bonus damage to minions, which was the only thing that let you play him mid previously (via having insane push and thus roam potential).

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

You, building three sheens on "Fat" Annie Top:

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I have no self awareness and only think about how assassins interact with me and not how they add a lot to the game, especially when you are going to lose to that mpg maw unless someone pops him

Complaining about assassins is imo the best way to identify a player that takes pride in their skill and yet refuses to improve or actually break out of bronze. Same with blitz. These are champs that will auto win unless you actively look to punish them. Just saying ‘hmmm well maybe if I just farm he’ll leave me alone’ and then complaining about how unfun zed is when you inevitably allow him to safely scale, or make zero effort into understanding how to deny them their damage. Instead you need to learn how to look for opportunities to create advantages, before they press their commitment button. This is unfortunately 5% harder than aggressively avoiding champs and just ‘trying to farm’ and why actually learn how to play those matchups when you can just throw your hands up in resignation after you did nothing to punish 3 blitz hooks that missed and you finally died on the 4th
Me, an intellectual:
https://i.imgur.com/Ix4QDQm.mp4

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Endorph posted:

i mean from the way the wave was i assumed the bottom inner was down
Outer was, inner was not. Here's red vision a second before that clip

I didn't really mean to make much in the way of a balance statement/complaint, I just thought the clip was funny :v:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Firebert posted:

Righteous glory isn't very efficient for defensive stats either, as you pay a lot for the active and for the mana (it's still very good, but more situational).
The main problem with Righteous Glory is its item slot efficiency (really bad, it's cheap and has a wide stat spread), rather than its gold efficiency. Taken as it is, RG is 100% gold efficient. Without the mana, it is still 84% gold efficient (compared to DMP's 80% at 0 stacks). All of the armour/health tank items fall around 75% - 85% gold efficiency in terms of raw defensive stats, and this includes RG.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

pog boyfriend posted:

no because with malzahar he was pretty good as an AP mid laner, the new rework is not particularly better, i guess it is kind of better, but malzahar could also be played as an AD mid laner using pets, an AD top laner , an AP or an AD jungler, and you could also kind of work the gimmicks of AP top malzahar and adc malzahar. but with new rework, all of those alternative ways to play him disappeared, and for what?
Before the latest round of nerfs you could still play AP Malzhar top, because he could prey on the melee tank/bruiser matchups that mostly populate top. Of course, the main thing that let him do this was his busted numbers, and they nerfed those, but that was also the main thing that made him one of the best midlaners in the game, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree that the loss of the AD builds in general was pretty disappointing and ultimately unnecessary.

Servaetes posted:

Kai'sa is a bad character in all regards
Her writing/visuals/voice/story are all bad, but mechanically I think she's actually pretty enjoyable.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/tzuMwJO.mp4

Firebert posted:

Bruiser Fizz is back

I can't believe they pushed that W change through
I wouldn't be so sure. The new W is significantly weaker than the old Bruiser Fizz W which did missing % damage. In fact the 8.14 W requires him to get 4 autos of just to match the AP ratio of the 8.13 W detonation, and even then the base damage doesn't measure up.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

we have had a few people in diamond 1 before, i think warchicken made it into challengers onetricking teemo in a very old season?
Warchicken was like Diamond 3, I don't think he ever made challenger but I might be wrong. Obviously before he started :sadbrains: posting Methanar was pretty highly ranked for a long time, and did boosting.

Verviticus posted:

there was a nasus one trick that made it to masters and there are frequently master/challenger player in my flex games
Creamy Solider aka Best Cat NA.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

pahuyuth posted:

I think you used to (or still can?) be able to get in an AA with Singed's Fling ability as they're being tossed.
You still can, but it's not an auto reset. It just so happens that the way the spell handles the target hitbox lets you get an attack in.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

There was a recent Reddit thread about feed 2 win Sion if all you want to do is play PvE and best of all it doesn't really interrupt the game like those lovely "I'm playing double jungle support" builds that actually derail a whole game to play around you
There was a thread on the official forums and a Rioter gave an official response wherein they called this strategy "Strategically Minded Sion" :allears:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Drone_Fragger posted:

“Lisandra is disabled due to an issue with her passive” = somehow lissandra ghosts one shot towers and never die, then when we tried to fix it now lissandra can’t be reduced below 1hp, help us. The good ole days of game breaking yorick bugs are back baby.

Now what I want to know is how it interacts with sions passive.
You get the ghost after his passive ends, seemingly from the location where the passive ends (unlike Morde, who get's his ghost when the passive starts)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUGhL28mP18

RealFoxy posted:

Seth Rollins has played 0 games
Smart man

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Transient People posted:

Do you know where this was confirmed? I'm curious (since technically varus sort of is the first but it's done very obliquely). Is it her story?
https://twitter.com/thatmattdunn/status/1064613909074595841

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

CODChimera posted:

Wait Lux got a VO? when was that?
March of last year, patch 7.6

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I'll yell at you if you pick Ryze anywhere, honestly :twisted:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Stefan Prodan posted:

If you are vs Nasus do they decrease the total wither time or just the movespeed part
Slow resist reduces the effectiveness of slows, not the duration. Tenacity reduces the duration.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

No, only the movement speed portion is reduced.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

yeah, every balance change is just to sell skins, thats why ahri keeps getting buffs
Sometimes, just letting the champ maintain 52-53% winrate for literally years is just as good as a buff :v:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

They removed the lore where Blitzcrank punches Singed in the dick. Bastards

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

Oh, you want out of this losing game where nobodys having fun and you're yelling at me the whole time? I guess you, and not me, will be extremely owned when I spend 15 more minutes here.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Only on weekends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Hello I might be late on this but I just played against Lux with her new spell visuals for the first time and HOO BOY I thought the original effects had bad indication, but drat