Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Do I have my timelines right, they had a rave 5 km from the Gaza border like a day AFTER Hamas started attacking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The aftermath of the rocket is a tiny plume of smoke and then she's like "Stuff's happening in Gaza as well" and points and the camera pans over and it looks like a whole city block is an inferno.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

It was touched on by another article earlier in the thread but the Israeli military is generally a secular force and the Israeli government is aligned more with religious authority, the policy of antagonization and aggression towards Palestine has been more in the governments camp than the military and there's more secular people in service than Orthodox so the schism exists to support a coup even if the willpower hasn't materialized

My understanding of Israeli politics was that everyone supported genociding the Palestinians, even the secular Israelis.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, it's weird that they're claiming Iran and Hezbollah HAD to be involved because it got planned in secret and took Israel by such surprise, when adding more entities to the planning process makes leaks so much more likely.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Throwing another war crime on the war crimes pile

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Can believe the Iron Dome was bullshit the whole time. Would could have seen this coming?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Crazypoops posted:

were going to need anakin

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Honky Mao posted:

israel being defeated is the best possible outcome imo

It's hard to imagine what that would look like. Post-apartheid South Africa?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is Al-Saqr free yet?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1712924941027258399

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

A "friend" of mine was being very clever with his rhetoric: "I'm not anti Muslim; I'm anti HAMAS. They're terrorists!". I know the answer is "they had no choice because they're an oppressed people", but is there a good article somewhere that can explain, in simple terms, why Palestinians voted for Hamas?

Wasn't the last election in 2006? Half of Gaza are children.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Death By The Blues posted:

A little more but Hersh is saying they are absolutely planning to use MOABs/Bunker Busters

https://twitter.com/conzmoleman/status/1713357732164632773

This is madness. Real sick poo poo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mean Baby posted:

Which would be odd, seeing how they have been doing worse to the people they subjugated for a very long time.

Not gonna risk a 24er for posting further in D&D but I really want to know what the gently caress they think China did to the Uighurs because I don't think China forcibly evacuated a million of them and them bombed their convoys, hospitals and ambulances. I'm not up on D&D lore on this one; I assume this is some kind of Adrian Zenz nonsense?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

am i crazy or is this clip not beat for beat the helicopter scene from Full Metal Jacket

https://twitter.com/PhilipProudfoot/status/1713656130876964894

Impossible to say as no one has seen the second half of Full Metal Jacket

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

the bitcoin of weed posted:

dnd hasbara posting and mainstream media + politician gaslighting is actually making me feel insane. don't subject yourselves to this loving nonsense everyone.

Don't know how I'm gonna protect myself from the 30-50 feral D&D pages

quote:

+1. Thank you Rakosi for being a voice of reason in the sea of fanaticism/blind rage/extremism (while relatable, it is not helpful in a discussion forum). The last 30 or 50 pages have been insane to read over the last few days. Usually, I find D&D is a rock solid / safe place to wade through very complicated issues, but this time it's wild and unhinged.

I can't agree with this. This thread, especially the last 30-50 pages, has been out of control. This is not typical SA D&D posting. Or perhaps I am out of touch.

Before I get poo poo on, I am not supporting Isreal.

(The guy being complimented just posts every obviously faked piece of evidence he can find and goes "well seems like the preponderance of evidence shows this couldn't have possibly been Israel that did this thing they've been doing over and over for 2 weeks")

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pobrecito posted:

just got off a flight has Israel committed any new war crimes in the last two hours?

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1714703569742422201

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hezbollah sucked me off?!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rubellavator posted:

I’m not sure how a cease fire is actually beneficial to the complicated situation at hand. These are two militaries at war. Hamas wants to hide and just restart again.

Hamas is unapologetically hiding in hospitals and schools and behind civilians. Always has been. Israel has made the intent to wipe out this network in northern Gaza by making it untenable for all civilians before the clean up operation. Hospitals are defying this under a shroud of righteousness, but can also be interpreted as effectively a form of defiance and protection for Hamas since they are known bad actors. You can’t claim a creed when you know your actions are delaying what the other party has made clear is an inevitable. ‘Do no harm’ doesn’t mean knowingly put hundreds people at exponential risk to have a slight increased chance save a couple.

The WHO can put out statements all they want, but they aren’t helping the situation. Israel clearly wants civilians gone so they can access the hidden networks and shoot anything that moves on sight. Hamas is doubling down on taking advantage of the situation at the expense of Palestinians.

The difference between other wars and this one is the overt willingness to use it’s own citizens as fodder to advance the war effort that Hamas employs. Armies that actually defend the will of the people wouldn’t stoop that low on such a large scale.

Now whether Israel knowingly let the yon kippur attack ‘surprise’ them and used their own citizens as fodder to reignite the conflict and this not be a story of incompetence is a whole other conspiracy chat. But that’s attributing incompetence to covert malice, which is rarely true. Hamas using citizens as shields is a strategy, not incompetence, hence the simpler argument to make.

Let's check back in on how this guy is doing

quote:

I’m not saying two wrongs make any party here right to do whatever they want. What I’m pointing out is that doctors keeping hospitals from moving at this point and turning them into hubs is not helping the situation at hand, it’s playing into Hamas’ goals. There is a clear distinction between Hamas and Palestinians right now, which in itself I find to be progress in the grand scheme of things.

Answer this question - if airlifts were provided (by a third party) to pull critical patients out, would they be safe to do so or would Hamas shoot them down? If the latter is true, the doctors need to move the operation. Hamas is clearly firing rockets off a stones throw away from this hospital, they are not dealing with some ‘bad eggs’, it’s clearly their doctrine.

What the West appears to be endorsing is a campaign against Hamas and dismantling the underground networks that has facilitated them arming and firing rockets into Israel for decades now. The West has also made it clear that genocide is not okay. So a distinction has to be made between the two and those conflating them are not helping resolve the situation.

Are these bakeries in the north or the south? If they are the last stalwarts refusing to leave the north they aren’t listening and letting the war between two militias take place. If they are in the south that’s far too close to genocide. IDF removing basic needs of the civilian population as a negotiating tool for hostages from militants is acting in bad faith - the militants aren’t going to be the ones starving it’s the civilians first. Biden is drawing a line here and I’m seeing the distinction too.

:catstare:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

I don't know how to politely address the Governors of two US states feeling apparent loyalty to a foreign country - one to the point where she's not present at her father's deathbed.

Let me help, 50 out of 50 governors are like this and also whoever is running DC and Puerto Rico.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

You all can dunk on me later if I’m wrong, but I don’t think Israel will actually do a ground invasion. Their infantry is full of useless cowards who wilt the moment that they’re shooting at anything more dangerous than school children, and it will invite Iran/Hezbollah to intervene the moment their backs are turned.

Satanic Joe gave them the green light, but Israel does what it wants. They could USS Liberty that entire fleet and we’d thank them.

They’ll just bomb Gaza until they run out of bombs, level every structure over two stories, declare that they’ve taugh Hams a lesson, and go back to genociding Palestinians the slow way they prefer.

I think their preferred outcome is everyone really does evacuate "north Gaza" and then they just move settlers in and push the boundary of Gaza a few miles south of Gaza City.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Best Friends posted:

one of my wife’s friends is a mega warrenite who loves joe Biden. she donates to his campaigns even off cycle. she got very mad at her husband for voting for Bernie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXNDKeVcwf4&t=31s

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Somewhere out there you can find a post where dry bones guy reacts to it

Someone please find this

tia

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I’ve tried a few times and can’t find it but it’s a Facebook post and he just calls it disturbing and hateful without any self reflection

drat

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

i don't know a lot about france but i do know they love to protest so making a protest illegal seems like a quick way to make them protest

Yeah, really poking the bear there. They're lucky if it doesn't devolve into flames and then the firefighters fistfighting the cops.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Retromancer posted:

Debate and Discussion: Ethnic Cleansing is just logical sense.

Every other time Palestinians have been forced off land they've never been allowed to go back.

But I'm sure these 1.1 million people getting displaced right now will be right back at home once Hamas is cleared out.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yeah what else is new

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wow can't believe we let our monster allies Israel and Saudi Arabia drag us into WW3. Who could have possibly seent his coming?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

hey say what you will about saudi but for once in our lives we're not the cause of a giant world war situation.

A U.S. Navy ship just shot down a Houthi missile and now Iran's moving its big-rear end rockets around

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Red Baron posted:

Biden will announce the reinstatement of the draft at 8:00 PM, make your peace

Joke's on him. I'm too fat and old to be anything but a liability on the battlefield.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

How could Islamic Jihad do this?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

As it is we are largely stuck trying to get a small handful of orgs to pull retirement funds out of Israeli investments.

Which they've somehow made illegal in a lot of states? I know those laws are wildly unconstitutional and that doesn't matter, the Supreme Court will let it happen if the case ever goes to them. But I don't get the enforcement of them. How do you compel someone not to boycott something?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The libs are going to jump all over the "new state solution" that just shoves 2 million people into desert refugee camps where they can be forgotten about.

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1714593644550766614

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

VoicesCanBe posted:

A lot of them are so flippant with the word genocide that it shouldn't surprise anyone when they can't recognize the actual genocide that Israel is committing on Palestine.

Remember, Sadam Hussein was Hitler. Gaddafi was Hitler. Putin is Hitler.

But the truth is there's only one Hitler 2 and we all know it's Benjamin Netanyahu

Wow, this from a poster who denies the genocide in western China. :mods:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Red Baron posted:

isn’t that the “I’m happy” / “I’m mad” toy that flips inside out?

I def don’t think it’s a hydra-Zion crossover event

It's a mistake to delete and apologize for stuff like this. Let them say insane things about you, and everyone else will see them saying insane things like "that super common stuffed octopus is a secret signal to the nazis that Greta Thunberg is a nazi"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

That's all a union was ever supposed to be

It's a way to collectively bargain with your job for better labor conditions

It's not your personal line to Congress

:pathetic:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

donoteat posted:

i'm still researching exactly what the infrastructure situation is over there, but long story short is: they tried.

gaza has, for instance, been improving its desalination infrastructure to be more proportional to the size of the population, since seawater intrusion is slowly but surely poisoning well water. commercial scale desalination requires a whole bunch of electricity, which is a more complicated problem. gaza has no real natural resources, so the main source of domestic power is the Gaza Power Plant, which is a 140MW unit that runs on imported (often smuggled) fuel oil. that's something like a third of the actual electricity demand for the whole strip. (for a while this plant ran exclusively on oil smuggled in barrels through tunnels from egypt - which must have been a hell of a bucket brigade operation)

even if you could somehow get the parts and build another power plant you'd only be more reliant on unreliable imports or smuggling. the only realistic domestic option is solar - and you need a bunch of land for that, which the strip does not have. so the long and short of it is, you can build all the nice infrastructure - and they've tried - and without consistent imports due to arbitrary israeli blockades, it'll just all sit idle until some IDF desk jockey gets bored and decides to bomb it. so in the mean time, imported energy and water is gonna be about as good as anything

You're responding to a quote from the D&D ispal thread, where someone is doing a "Seems like the Palestinians are just really lazy and the Arabs refuse to pull their weight to help them" routine.

You can go try to educate that thread, but the mods there are trigger-happy with the 24hr probations if you don't toe the Democratic Party line and don't follow Rober's Rules of Order when posting.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

*8 years from now*

The ground invasion of Gaza is imminent. We are just waiting on the 10th U.S. carrier fleet to get in position and for the U.S. House speakership election to end.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Did anyone care about the super old church getting bombed and killing 200 people? I would have thought it would cause as much outrage as the hospital, if not more because Christians in the U.S. love to yap about how much they support their oppressed brethren in the Middle East.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

They are not my “vibes.” For one thing, they are on articles dated from the 17th, right when this happened, when it was still night in Gaza

Edit: israel obviously bombed the hospital. Not my point

News stories often get updated after their original publication date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

what is this video

for those of us that don’t read every 1000 posts made every hour

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1715027776791617990

For comparison here is Israel bombing an apartment building down the block from another huge hospital

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1714703569742422201