Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

HallelujahLee posted:

hamas can hire the occupydemocrats shill account

They probably want to hire somebody more successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
Reporter: How can you shoot Hamas militants?
Sniper: It's difficult, because you have to lead them a lot more.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

The Oldest Man posted:

i think the funniest answer to this is probably crimea but ill hear your pitches

Palestinian Autonomous Oblast

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

The chariot nobles who ruled the Canaanite city states had long been oppressing the nomads and peasants of the surrounding hills and deserts. Many ended up leading a bandit existence dodging the chariots.
I wonder what inspired the Israelis to name their tank the Merkava/Chariot.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Hope he gets an army painted in his downtime :unsmith:

I'm glad the ban was lifted so he can afford a single additional space marine.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Ytlaya posted:

me, as a ghost through an alien time machine: "Andropov, please watch this" *shows Andropov Neon Genesis Evangelion*

I do not understand, why does boy not want to get in robot? Surely he wishes to defend motherland?

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

Edgelord Hyperbole like this is going wind up getting somebody hurt or on an FBI watchlist

You could've just said Free Palestine and left it at that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The FBI's not going to be bothering with these dead forums right now. They're going to be going after autistic people to try and get them to make bomb threats for tomorrow so the FBI can arrest them as terrorists in order to justify their own budget.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

err posted:

the organized left doesnt exist

Incorrect

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Judgy Fucker posted:

“How can it be genocide if their population is increasing? :smug:” is one of the most reprehensible things I’ve read in 20 years on these forums.

That freak should be perma’d

How do you respond to somebody using this argument? I've heard it in real life and anticipate that I will again. I'll probably have to be "civil" as well.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
Slava Palestina

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Sanlav posted:

Iran, Cuba, Ecuador, Venezuela, Russia, NK are all countries that bank outside of the FED / SWIFT system.

We don't get to exert petro dollar power whenever those economies do business. It effectively undercuts our entire scam the more market share they gain access to.

Anytime there's a flippant reason to embargo/invade/coup/bomb or otherwise economically hamper them we do it without thinking.

We want things to be so bad/decapitate their leadership so a friendly puppet can go sell their oil for us dollars and let our oil executives rest easier at night.

China also banks outside the SWIFT system but they also bank within it.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Jeff Fatwood posted:

what's the reasoning behind asking QATAR of all places?

Lurker Ant posted:

They did the World Cup that one time so they’re good for it trust me bro

You'll never guess who designed the stadiums for the World Cup in Qatar.

It was Albert Speer Jr. It makes sense since his father also had a lot of experience in using slave labor to build things for an authoritarian regime.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

OctaMurk posted:

If the nazis were doing thr holocoaust in 2023, theyd have some boring rear end powerpoint with like 5 paragraphs per slide, whupped up by an intern for everyone to snooze through

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm absolutely certain they had these, just with old timey actual slides.

There's a movie or two about this. The 2001 movie Conspiracy was about how the Holocaust was actually decided upon and coordinated at the top levels, it's basically a dramatization of the meeting minutes of the Wannasee conference. There was also a German movie from 1984 just called "The Wanasee Conference".

So no slides, at least not at the highest levels. The catering was excellent though.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

BearsBearsBears has issued a correction as of 00:28 on Oct 19, 2023

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

GoLambo posted:

Every time someone mentions the Gulf War to me as an example of why the American military is undefeatable I make a point to tell them about the Iran Iraq war. Most people don't even know it happened much less what the scale of it was, and this includes the typical milheads who pride themselves on their understanding of history. This is also generally where the conversation tends to end and they tune out. Even when I talk to other (non Marxist) leftists about this they generally just make dismissals about secret stealth aircraft and nukes while maintaining that American firepower will solve any conventional warfare problems and only a change in our government can prevent us from dominating the world with force.

The American perception of our military is completely blinded by propaganda and nothing-ever-change's-ism. I don't know how the war in Ukraine might have changed peoples perception on this because lol I just do not talk about this stuff with people IRL anymore but I imagine with all the NAFO types and the endless youtube recommendations I get that are essentially western military propaganda I can't imagine its changed much. The US is going to maintain it's perception of invincibility as long as it continues to never commit to a large military operation again, but I think the raw economic and social cost of capitulation to American foreign policy and miliary aggression is starting to put our list of regional enemies in a situation where mutual resistance is their only viable path for survival. Nobody can really afford to let another large scale American bombing campaign devastate their neighbors anymore because the spillover in refuges and blowback is simply an insurmountable problem that would collapse their government anyway. Whatever transpires I don't think anyone is going to take it laying down from the US anymore, and if we manage to escalate this enough we will eventually end up with a nose bloody enough to shatter the perception of Americans military invincibility.

Could you elaborate on this in the "The US will lose WW3" thread? I am interested in knowing more about the Iran-Iraq war.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

text editor posted:

In the second segment, captured through a call recording application on a victim’s phone, a different son reaches out to a different father. “Dad, I killed 10 with my bare hands,” the terrorist excitedly tells his father in Gaza. “Their blood is on my hands, let me speak to Mom.”

That's pretty loving badass. Do we know what kind of martial arts style he was using?

BearsBearsBears has issued a correction as of 22:51 on Oct 23, 2023

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
I also need to get back into shape in case I need to fight with Hamas.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Mister Bates posted:

still, good for them, they're doing more than the Japanese Communist Party is, and I hope they keep it up

The Japanese communists song is called "Let's do our Best!". I'm not sure if they are currently doing their best.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Al-Saqr posted:

i dont understand. also wasnt CoH2 the really bad one with the anti-soviet propaganda storyline?

Yes, they went full Enemy at the Gates.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Regarde Aduck posted:

i mean the Harkonnens are basically WESTERN CAPITALISM and the spice is OIL so yes

The Harkonnens represent the Russians/Soviets while the Atreides are the kinder, gentler colonialism of western capitalism.

BearsBearsBears has issued a correction as of 17:07 on Oct 28, 2023

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Dokapon Findom posted:

I'm very good at parsing the difficult allegories buried in this literature, Dune

Parsing the difficult allegories buried in this video game, "Dune 2: The Building of a Dynasty".

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Brogeoisie posted:

https://twitter.com/clashreport/status/1718299892219629667?t=zMMk5hrCy9A0ew1dZr-psA&s=19

Israel threatening to break ties with UN. They should probably send In a peacekeeping force to observe so this rogue warlord group doesn't get out of hand

Israel is a rogue nuclear state.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

This account is weird. They claim to be the "World's First Ai-Generated News". They've tweeted some bizarre nonsense about Ukraine, things that not even the pro-Ukraine accounts were talking about.
https://twitter.com/Terror_Alarm/status/1687105409155584001

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Spaced God posted:

has anyone said birthwrong yet

Somebody said "Birthright of a Nation". I thought that was very clever.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Rookoo posted:

If this isn't some reused footage/deep parody I'm gonna pass out

https://x.com/MalkahFleisher/status/1722255436332900591?s=20

https://twitter.com/IrateMaxwell/status/1722437287831814488

quote:

This is the first time I've seen a tank with infantry support this entire conflict

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Desiderata posted:

I came here to post something along the lines of - "I wonder when the Palestinian civilian death toll beats the Ukrainian civilian death toll."

Only to find at a cursory glance at google, it's already been surpassed.

Russia got cut off from SWIFT, the "nuclear option" of sanctions, within days of the invasion. Meanwhile Israel hasn't even been kicked out of Eurovision. They're not even in Europe!

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Keeper Garrett posted:

We need to arm the Roma, Homosexuals, Communists and Jehovah's Witnesses.

In that order.

After the Western Allies liberated the concentration camps, many of the homosexuals that were "liberated" were forced to serve out their criminal sentence in normal prisons due to the Western Allies retaining the Nazi anti-homosexuality laws.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
Not sure if I'm too late but I support posting about the war on the war thread, including details of combat operations. Even if those combat operations include people getting killed. It's a war, isn't that what we're all talking about?

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Sancho Banana posted:

Can't you just drop the big lump of rocket shaped metal on the guy's head and kill him without the swords? I guess that's harder. I thought it's probably for when you want to airstrike a specific person but it just looks like such a comedically evil device with such limited use that I couldn't accept it.

Concrete bombs are a real thing that have been used by the US. They're guided and only suitable for use against large stationary targets. The US has also used Lazy Dog 'bombs' in Vietnam and Korea. These are basically finned metal darts about the size of a rifle bullet. You drop huge numbers of them out the back of a high flying airplane and they hit with the force of a bullet. No chance of unexploded ordnance, so that's nice at least. I assume the US used these with the same careless abandon as the rest of their bombing.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

some kinda jackal posted:

I'd read the report but it's a .docx and I'm currently boycotting Microsoft.

who the gently caress distributes a document in Word format, c'mon

LibreOffice can open .docx files. Don't use OpenOffice anymore.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
I'm going to be attending a protest inside of Van Gogh's Starry Night

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Nichael posted:

It's a valid concern but I need it for tomorrow so I can stay in contact with organizer needs as is necessary. There is no alternative here.

You can turn your phone off. You should probably also check that whatever you use to apply the filter doesn't send the original photo anywhere.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
The Spartans from Halo were originally designed to put down colonial uprisings.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

HallelujahLee posted:

War Monitor
⚡️Netanyahu to NPR: "It is necessary to make a cultural change in Gaza similar to the change that occurred in Germany and Japan"

Put Hamas in charge of NATO.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
Has there been any update on those banana rolls from earlier in the thread?

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Real hurthling! posted:

[Haitians] fully paid france off finally after like 230 years of unjust reparations for stealing themselves from their owners iirc.

Not quite, by the end they weren't paying unjust reparations to France but to the US. More specifically, they were paid to Citibank (then officially called First National City Bank).

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
♫ Although it's been said many times, many ways ♪
♪ Netanyahu, is Hitler two-oo ♫

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Seyser Koze posted:

also that the way to take out apaches was to let them all blob up in a single 4th-dimensional spot, at which point a single turret's worth of missiles would take out the entire stack at once

(I'm still mad about this)

CnC: Generals didn't have Apaches it had Comanche helicopters. This was a stealth attack helicopter being developed in real life to replace the Apache until the program was eventually cancelled. The Comanche program started in 1996, CnC:Generals came out in 2003, the Comanche was canceled in 2004, and Generals: Zero Hour came out in 2005.

It's very likely that the stealth technology developed for the Comanche was later adapted for use on the Blackhawk helicopter that crashed during the Bin Laden raid.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Seyser Koze posted:

:shrug:

I haven't played the game since 2003 in college, I'll take your word for it.

I'm just talking about CnC: Generals, it's just a fascinating time capsule of the era that the helicopter that the game used was cancelled in between the game's release and its expansion. And speaking of the events of 2004.

FrancisFukyomama posted:

it’s kinda funny that there’s a bunch of technologies that irl are exclusively used by America but became china specific techs in game bc they were too evil for a “good” faction to use, like white phosphorus and depleted uranium

In pre-expansion Generals, the US had a "Detention Camp" building. It had an "Intelligence" ability that revealed all units on the map. Presumably you gained this intel by interrogating the detainees. In 2004 the US torture center at Abu Ghraib was revealed to the world. The expansion removed the Detention Camp building and put the Intelligence ability on the Strategy Center instead.

I imagine if Generals 2 came out today they would give the Torture Camp building to the Chinese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
Yemen has better helicopter pilots than seal team six.