Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tie me to the bow and ram me into Tel-Aviv. I am ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want Palestine to be free.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This was amazing. I want freedom for this person so much.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DancingShade posted:

Trying to imagine a movie made around a heroic 15 man team whose job is to assassinate one unsuspecting civilian. A long shot finale which is itself a pisstake of the genre by making the audience spend 10 minutes watching the setup and matrix style slow motion as they all shoot at the same time while Bob the mailman puts someone's electricity bill into their mailbox. Cue dramatic music and roll end credits.

Isn't it normally something like the opposite where one guy beats the odds to triumph? Like Polar or similar?

That is basically what the movie Munich was. By the end all of the team but one was dead, and he was exiled from Israel, who wanted to kill him and his family (its strongly implied anyways) cause he cracks and comes to the realization everyone he murdered was innocent.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is the kind of poo poo that makes me embarrassed to be an American. Operator dumbasses doing a hillbillie minstrel show for the world's most revolting people.

https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1727043422106870222?s=20

This is the kind of speech that Colonel Quarritch would give in Avatar.

Can't find any exact newer numbers but its like 60,000 Americans as of 2015 that are living in West Bank. Its totally possible a lot of them are joining the IDF as well. A lot of Americans go to live there specifically to be terrorists in the West Bank https://www.brookings.edu/articles/settler-terrorism-an-american-problem/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stumblebum posted:

<Al-Aqsa08> hey, if you type in your pw, it will show as stars
<Al-Aqsa08> ********* see!
<IronDumb> hitler2
<IronDumb> doesnt look like stars to me

lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The hostage release is really backfiring on Israel since they are not allowing video footage of the Israel hostages, or allowing them to speak. On top of more and more people starting to ask why Israel was taking Palestinian children hostage in the first place.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lord of Pie posted:

there aren't any videos of Israelis celebrating because all their guys are probably still in some black site having their own government threaten them to keep their yaps shut before they can go home

yeah they are being coached on what to say. that one old woman that said good things about hamas, was massively embarrassing for Israel.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

R. Mute posted:

worth mentioning that the statements by the belgian prime minister were: "Israel is allowed to use military force to take out terrorists, however they should do their best to avoid civilian casualties." and "Israel should act within the bounds of international laws. The way Gaza is being destroyed is unacceptable"

the most tepid criticism (which ultimately doesn't even break with the US line of "go ahead, just try to drop smaller bombs") is met with immediate aggression

e: also worth mentioning that the belgian prime minister's reaction was: "they must've misheard what i said"

Israel is relying on people to not look into it, to just blindly accept Israel's response and think these other two countries are supporting terrorism.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

This is specifically a women and children exchange I think.
That said why the gently caress does the idf have children hostages to trade.

Its a textbook genocide tactic to separate children from their families.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not really understanding what this video is showing. The sort of GPS device that would need to be planted on someone could not go unseen, and is likely to not work in a place like Gaza, and absolutely not at all once underground.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Guess we'll have to destroy Israel then.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Id much rather be a hostage for hamas than imported farm labor for israel

same but they would likely kill me and publish the video once I started telling them about my favorite anime. But I mean that would be fair, it would be deserved.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/nationaljuche/status/1728684096589865437

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

moths posted:

I'd take the "poison wells" off just because that's a huge antisemitic trope going back to the black plague.

That'll absolutely undercut your message and get this dismissed as hate speech.

The thing is that it's not an unfounded accusation, we have proof it happened https://www.newarab.com/news/israel-forces-poisoned-palestine-wells-during-1948-nakba

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sancho Banana posted:

Is this legit? Did she have pen and paper in there?

The English translation in the tweet isn't great but regardless, the Hebrew here is solid. It's in cursive Hebrew which non Israelis are a lot less familiar with, the grammar is good, the phrasing is familiar, this was either written by an Israeli or someone whose pretty drat familiar with Hebrew.

Also, what's this above "Daniel and Emillia"? Their names in Arabic?

Thank you for confirming this, the wording of the letter gave me pause and I was really unsure if this could be real or not. Glad to see that it is most likely genuine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There was a theory earlier in the thread that Hamas had their most well trained and dedicated soldiers taking care of the hostages. without the hostages, seems like the IDF is pretty hosed now with these soldiers now unleashed on the battlefield?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

aBagorn posted:

Seems the IOF is finally starting it's counter-propaganda campaign of "no they were only nice for the camera, they were really brutal animals" today

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-forced-hostage-kids-to-watch-videos-of-oct-7-atrocities-family-member-says/

“When he arrived in Gaza, all of the residents, all of them, beat him up. He’s a 12-year-old child,” all two million residents of Gaza, even the babies, beat up this 12 year old.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

from a linked story claiming hamas forced the hostages to smile & wave & write nice letters:

I saw those! Really desperate attempts to twist all of the footage as much as possible to make this seem like it was propaganda, when there is absolutely no reason why it would be.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FlapYoJacks posted:

Note: If you ever see the word "Pallywood" in a post, it's an extreme fascist. Usually worse than normal zionists. It's a combination of Palestine + Hollywood and is used to deny/dehumanize any suffering of the Palestinian people portrayed in media.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pallywood

That is what I figured it was. i've been reporting those tweets for racism.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At the end of the day Israel is the ones carrying out an actual genocide and ethhnic cleansing while brutally oppressing an entire group of people. so hamas and the Palestinians get my sympathy, not Israel.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

wow very bold of a senator to say this:-

======

US Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Mark Warner told MSNBC: Israel has lost the sympathy of people around the world

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1729562440063496418?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

AlJazeera ran an opinion piece a few days ago about how it's going to be really difficult for Israel to just resume this war the longer that this ceasefire goes on. For the rest of the world, they see these hostage exchanges, and rightfully come to the conclusion that peace is in fact possible, and the mission was accomplished; the hostages were freed. So why continue the fighting?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al! posted:

"the fighting" also being a strong euphemism for mass murdering civilians and bombing schools and hospitals

Yeah really correction; why continue the genocide?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

this is what i meant in the beginning of the war, that israel had essentially been checkmated, that if they didnt invade gaza they're credibility and security will have been fatally undermined. but if they did invade not only would they lose the ground campaign they will be even more fatally compromised. somehow, they managed to combine all of their worst scenarios, quadruple the damage theyve done to their military, political and media capability, and still lost the war. its a triple slam defeat i dont think the region has seen since 1967.

Exactly, you nailed it. The main thing I focus on though is how much the Palestinians in Gaza have suffered. My heart absolutely breaks for them and what they are going through for something that was not their fault. October 7 was Israel's fault and its fault alone. The correct thing to do would have been for the Israeli government to work with Hamas to free the hostages right away, and then to dissolve and form a new government that works with the Palestinians and admit that the previous government failed to protect Israeli's.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CheetoVonTito posted:

Maybe I’m not seeing the silver lining here.
To be absolutely clear! I want and yearn for the day for Palestine to be truly liberated. For the occupation to end entirely. And for them to finally live life as a free people.

But if there is a ceasefire, I feel like people will go back to their daily lives and forget Palestine once more. While Israel continues to do what it’s been doing for almost 80 years now. The mask will once again go back on and they’ll continue brutally killing and mass murdering Palestinians while creating more and more settlements.

With a ceasefire or truce- it doesn’t guarantee Palestine sovereignty or basic rights. It just means Israel will go back to the “slow and quiet” method of genocide.

Yeah I think youre right about that. Israel just shouldnt exist. You cant remove the people already living on the land, but it should be called Palestine and should be an arab country where both groups live peacefully. Except for zionists, they can go into the ocean where they belong.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Comrade Koba posted:

counterpoint:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sancho Banana posted:

Starting in January, citizens who lived within 4-7 kilometers of the Gaza strip will be allowed to return

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1729585436517884040?t=U9H7eY_bQWjNA0sLmJOK4g&s=19

It hasn't really been talked about how hundreds of thousands of Israeli's have had to find accommodations elsewhere in the country, with no financial support from their government, and most of them are not able to work, or were called up to go to war in Gaza. Its brought the economy to a stand still and they are barely holding up from economic collapse as a result.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Meanwhile, Palestine stays winning, so much so that Japan removed Hamas, Islamic Jihad and PFLP from their 'terrorist orgs' list:-

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/expert/articles/575563e7bb3f0a726e43503c27de832e25244d19

The Public Security Intelligence Agency removes Turkey's Kurdistan Workers' Party and Palestine's Hamas from the list of ``global terrorist and armed organizations, etc.''

However, the Palestinian group Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) launched Operation Aqsa's Deluge on October 7, leading to the Israeli military's attack on Gaza. Jihad Organization), as well as the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades (AAMB), the Islamic Army (AOI), and the Mujahideen Shura Council around Jerusalem (MSC), which are Palestinian factions active in Palestine, Israel, and neighboring countries. ), “Popular Resistance Committee” (PRC), “Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine” (PFLP), “Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine General Command Faction” (PFLP-GC), “Palestinian Liberation Front Abu Abbas Faction” (PLF) , Lebanon's Hezbollah has been removed. 183 organizations including these have also been deleted.

What was the reasoning for removing Hamas from their terrorist list? I mean, you'll get no arguments from me on this one, Hamas is absolutely not a terrorist group imo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sancho Banana posted:

"Terorrism" is a mostly meaningless word used to demonize whatever violent actor the west doesn't like tbh

Exactly, and especially in the case of groups in the middle east, it's largely racist motivated.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

https://twitter.com/henmazzig/status/1729940723535888686?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

manufacturing consent to kill doctors, nurses, and humanitarian workers

How did this lie even get started? I've been seeing this so much with people stating that humanitarian workers are all of a sudden all terrorists, and am not sure how to even respond to it even though I know its a lie.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HallelujahLee posted:

more news from demon nation

https://twitter.com/StopZionistHate/status/1729911561630683417

The House of Representatives on Tuesday overwhelmingly passed a resolution affirming Israel's right to exist, and only two members did not vote in favor of it.
Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, the sole Palestinian American in Congress, voted "present," while Republican Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky voted against it.
However, the resolution made no mention of Palestinians — who have their own historical claims in the region — even as it stated that Jewish people are "native to the Land of Israel
The resolution also states that "denying Israel's right to exist is a form of antisemitism"

As a U.S. citizen and resident, what is even the point in wanting congress to continue to exist? What purpose does it serve me anymore?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Retromancer posted:

I bet AOC cried so much as she voted to uphold the genocidal apartheid state.

Seeing some of the Democrats that pretended to be on Tlaib's side, throw her under the bus today, is I guess not really surprising.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Comrade Koba posted:

forgive my ignorance of fatlander realpolitik, but why didn’t tlaib vote against this?

I imagine she was scared. It can't be easy being a Palestinian woman right now, working in congress, and going into work everyday and knowing every single person in that building wants you dead, and is cheering on the genocide of your people.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jesus christ

dti

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sancho Banana posted:

In the Gaza Envelope, not the strip itself.

https://www.ynet.co.il/news/article/bkprbbrht

Stupid question, but this would be outside of Gaza itself?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah it's the area immediately outside of Gaza but his language doesn't make me think he means they're sticking with the envelope.

I know the U.S. said that their redline would be Israel settling into Gaza, but lmao Israel can absolutely do this with no consequences from the U.S.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

terrorism for the win

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Toxoplasmid posted:

Just another crack ping for me. I've been sold the lie of Palestinian 'terrorism' for decades. I always thought I was reading between the lines and they were as bad for each other. Reprisals on top of reprisals on both sides.
How wrong I was. Videos like this and the kid whose arms they broke just shatter the narrative.
Dti

As-salamu alaykum friends

I mean i've read some pretty bad things about Hamas and how they treat people within Gaza in between when Israel is bombing them, but also what exactly does anyone expect of a literal concentration camp that had near 100% unemployment, three hours of electricity a day, emergency ration levels of food, and no clean water? All since 2006? They all had to rely entirely on humanitarian aid. Palestinians have had to do what they did to survive, I don't blame them for any of it, and none of it can really be confirmed either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Toxoplasmid posted:

There were definite sniffs of Israel being such a militaristic and hateful society. But the mask has never been off until now. Al Aqsa flood had many successful secondary objectives.

I think the mask has really always been off, but you had to really dig for it if you were an outsider, especially living in the west. The middle east has been calling out Israel for decades, but no one has listened. For Arabs in the region, this is just another war in a long line of wars with Israel where the country every decade or so gets ultra barbaric and violent, more so than they normally do.

Maya Fey posted:

is israel leaving their foreign audience propaganda up to hasbara students or what, how are they so bad at this

The really pathetic thing is that it's working on U.S. leadership, and that is what really matters to Israel.