Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

Sinara looked great.

The Kree mooks are less good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

How come nobody ever spoiler tags the "scenes from next week's ep"? I watch on hulu and there's no trailer for next week, and I don't really care to know either, seems silly I can't come into these threads without little spoilers for the following episode.

I also watch on Hulu and think you're the one who's being silly. This is not a spoiler tag thread (Exhibit A: people posting their hot takes as the episode airs).

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I don't see how posting "hot takes" is the same as being like "oh hey look next week a character who is dead is back."

They're both live reactions to information Hulu watchers don't have access to in real time.

Do you get mad when movie posters or trailers reveal something about a movie?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Zebulon posted:

Might not be the best example given the number of movie trailers that have spoiled major twists to a movie plot. Terminator Genisys' second trailer revealing John Conner got Skynet'd being the big one that I recall offhand.

And yet that's what I mean. Information gets revealed in promotional materials. I think it's silly to expect to be able to walk the earth in 2018 and entirely avoid the information that the media publisher wants you to have. Hope, maybe; expect, no.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Mymla posted:

Can the next episode just be 40 minutes of awkward small talk between Deke and Deathlok?

If not, you can always go back and watch Season 1

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Last week we learned that Ruby's powers include lipnosis.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

double nine posted:

So far though its use has been disappointing. A blink-and-you'll-miss it appearance of squidward and lash is meh as hell.

I wondered whether they were re-using CGI they'd already paid for and didn't want it to be too obvious.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

gey muckle mowser posted:

if AoS was a film, there'd be a post-credits scene with the dog eating a bowl of captain crunch

The toy in the box would be an Infinity Stone.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Aleph Null posted:

She was still under the NDA. She can draw all about it now.

Non-Divination Agreement

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

13 episodes honestly seems great since they can zero in on the 2019 movies and end with Avengers 4. I'll also be fascinated to see how the next season works, if the leaks about Avengers 4's plot are true.

It's kind of surprising to me that they don't just do that every season -- do an abbreviated SHIELD lead-up to whatever MCU film is out that year.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

A really funny thought: If nobody wakes him up he'll wake up in a space utopia instead.

Actually all they need to do to get him back is get ahold of another Chronocon and say "Hey! Apocalypse over, if you don't want to wake him up in a utopia could you send him back?"

I mean, they don't need to get another Chronocon, right? Enoch's with him, so maybe we get Enoch back too.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

PierreTheMime posted:

What gets me is that they never established being absorbed into the gravitonium gave Talbot their abilities. It would have made more sense if they showed he could use Creel’s powers after but without context it made no sense.

why does that get you

why does it matter for the story, aside from the fact he believes it

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

PierreTheMime posted:

I was responding mostly to this:

In conjunction with the fact that they explicitly mention in the show that he wanted to take her in and use her powers. He had to concentrate really hard to do just about anything and judging from the entire season it was assumed that only Daisy's powers could do what happened to the world. It's entirely possible that he could have done it on his own, but why would you write that line in if that wasn't meant to explain what happened in the original timeline?

Graviton got less sane with time and more powerful with more gravitonium. I don't think he'd have to absorb Daisy to split the world if he kept scooping up all the gravitonium (cf. Robin being told to draw "a dot" everywhere there was gravitonium and subsequently covering half the globe in Sharpie) and going crazier as he did so. I get what you're saying, but the time loop result really doesn't require Daisy's involvement (other than presumably her death shortly after her last known footage). Graviton believed a number of things that were wrong, and "must absorb Daisy" might just be there to explain why he doesn't just crush her from a distance when they fight.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I thought that was just her drawing that the planet got blown up, not that the "rare" substance was under like 75% of the planet.

Reasonable. The writers did go out of their way with "just a dot" on the globe, though; if all they needed to communicate was "Chicago," they could have gone with a Robin drawing.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I really liked Mack when he was helping Fitz recover. I really don't like "Captain America, but less pleasant and even more naive" Mack. Yo-yo in Cassandra Mode hasn't been fun, but she's at least been interesting. I hope they both move on to new places next season. Mack is going to have to make some hard decisions with his heaven/hell worldview, and it might get somebody killed.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

Exactly. They just left it up in the air, so you can believe what you want to believe until next season. He either went on his trip or he disappeared from reality. There would be a lot of paradoxes if he disappeared, though, right? Like, would all the stuff he affected be undone? That's why time-travel stories have like a billion plot-holes if they're not done in the exact right way.

It wouldn't even make sense because Future Fitz didn't disappear, even though they're about to pull him out of his space pod.

Did you not watch this last season or something? There's more than one way time travel works in speculative fiction, and one of those ways is that you can't undo your own past, and can have duplicates of yourself around.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

I don't see how they could waste screen time having a character introduce the multiverse theory to just be like nah, actually he blinked out of existence. Either they find the budget and willpower to bring him back or we will never know what happened.

Unless Jeff Ward was an utter chore to work with, I think they'll bring him back for exactly that reason. A Deke Shaw from some alternate timeline ends up in theirs via whatever multidimensional hoodoo they introduce next season.

homullus fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 24, 2018

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

It would be a significant and unnecessary gamble to make Infinity War required watching in AoS. While your Marketing Overseers are no doubt pleased with the rate at which you consume Marvel media, in their wisdom they realize that not everyone does so. If they don't refer to Infinity War, the obedient Marvel consumers will grumble a bit online and continue consuming; if AoS forces people to watch a film just to understand why a character went away, some will simply stop watching. This is contrary to the goals of all TV shows that aren't on PBS.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Doronin posted:

So is Fitz dead or paralyzed? I'm all caught up now!

Frozen.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Deke will be stuck between Daisy and Fitz. Deke wants to love Fitz and Daisy. Daisy wants to kill Fitz2 for things Fitz1 did to her.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

could get Agent Carter though

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Gelf posted:

I saw Ming-Na Wen posting earlier that it was five years today since the pilot aired!

It was just five years ago today,
Agent Coulson taught Miss Quake to play
Show's been going in and out of style
But they're guaranteed to raise a smile.
So may I introduce to you
The SHIELD you've known for all these years,
Agent Coulson's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

I’m looking forward to shields transition to a simple, moral lifestyle guided by the only book they need, just like the new director declared they should last season.

According to Leviticus, you can't mix two attack types in the same weapon -- the shotgun axe is a sin.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

gey muckle mowser posted:

They could do a Peter Cushing and bring him back digitally. I'm okay with this long as they only use lines from Aliens and Near Dark.

Mack's shotgun axe plays Hudson yelling "GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!" every time he shoots.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

Coulson has died so many times it's hardly even noteworthy at this point. It was the catalyst for the show even.

I think Ward's ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

hope and vaseline posted:

SHIELD is a strong, independent show that don't need no MCU

Mac, I didn't know you could get down like that
Coulson, how your Agents get down like that
Fitz I didn't know you could get down like that
Coulson, how your Agents get down like that