Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Zaodai posted:

So general incompetence like everything else. Got it.

Its a korean company you dipshit

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

incompetent bluehole devs not realizing the most important customer is north american players and won’t region lock or schedule maintenance around them :rolleyes:

bad devs

China alone makes up 65+% of the playerbase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I cannot understand why anyone would every play TPP when FPP exists. Please, enlighten me.

see i hate to play the :spergin: card but not having a basic understanding of people is a pretty key sign bro

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
For people with 660s does the game run good for you now?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

You guys are paranoid as gently caress. I mean I get that no-recoil exists but if you’re moving like you should be it doesn’t matter. They still have to aim well and you still have to be staying still for it to even matter.

I’m pretty sure there’s a goon in discord that uses a script and he’s still garbage.

pokkerguy, he sucks rear end at the game and still maintained a 2.0kd because of his hacks

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

spudsbuckley posted:

I presume the hackers are there to farm BP in the hope of getting a rare set of pants to sell out of a crate?

Or does your whole Steam account get banned if you are caught?

noone is hacking just to get rare items the drop chances are miniscule, they are hacking because they enjoy it and their friends dont tell them no

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

You're an idiot or too bad to get matched with them

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Odobenidae posted:

i'm top 100 and i've seen one (1) hacker in 300 hours of play.

Im top .5% oc squad and its 3-4 blatant aimbotters a night :shrug:

E: oh your one of the idiots getting tribal about gamemodes

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 6, 2018

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

SquirrelGrip posted:

i do but on oc

best gun is whatever you can get silenced imo, if im on foot with a silenced pistol im shooting at everybody

Silencers arent good.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Games gunna be dead in a year tbh

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I guess I don't have a real point to this post, but by the way, why aren't we calling this game "plunkbat"?

because that name sounds stupid and pubg sounds good

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

If you said plunkbat to me IRL, I’d punch you in the face.

same

Scoss posted:

After listening to this week's giant bombcast, I was reminded again of this pernicious idea that PUBG hackers are partially fuelled by motivation to farm BP for crates in order to cash out a profit via third party websites.

I haven't looked closely at the numbers on this stuff but I have a very hard time believing that it actually works out economically at all. Even if you had a million BP there is what, a 6 crate limit per week? How many weeks does an egregous hacker account survive for these days? There just doesn't seem to be any way a person could make money even considering the lower game cost in china.

anyone who says this has 0 critical thinking skills and you should ignore them

E:

SquirrelGrip posted:

what makes [silencers] bad?

The compensator and flash hider are straight up far better because of the recoil reduction. Silencers get less bad the further range your gun is, the only situation they are best in slot is on a bolt action sniper, where recoil reduction is irelevent.

The advantage of a supressor is that it reduces the range enemies can hear you, but the sound still travels a long way with one. Meaning, you are only going to get anything out of the silencer at longer ranges. At these ranges, you are going to have a tough time hitting someone, and as soon as the bullet lands, they are going to scramble, which makes it even harder to hit them, let alone down/kill them. With a little bit of experience, you can easily figure out the direction someone is shooting from, meaning they will know where you are, completely negating any advantage of the supressor. The lack of recoil reduction also means that you have to spend more time adjusting between shots, which means more time fighting, more time tunnel visioned on something far away, more time for someone close to sneak up and catch you off guard. Long range fighting is bad in general.

Close - medium range, where they can hear you anyway, the recoil reduction of the other two is far more important than far away enemies hearing you. If you get in a close range fight, its very likely the enemy won't have a supressor and everyone in range is going to hear gunshots from them anyway. At these ranges, fights are all about bursting down your enemy before they duck back into cover, and the supressor doesn't help with that at all.

The only time supressors have any sort of advantage is in scenarios where you typically don't want to be fighting anyway, they just aren't good in a game with realistic-ish balistics and arcadey health mechanics.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jan 10, 2018

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I don't see how cosmetic MTX is against my interests though?

loot crates are horrible garbage

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Rex-Goliath posted:

Very underappreciated aspect of suppressors is that they totally 100% hide your muzzle flash. This easily buys you extra critical moments if you're the one initiating an engagement. Once the enemy knows where you are you should switch over to a compensator if you have one.

completely unnecessary and forces you to take your eyes off combat.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

il serpente cosmico posted:

For everyone who thinks the idea that anyone would cheat because of crate monetization is ridiculous, do you remember when Bluehole had to change the way BP was awarded to curb players from continually idling after they introduced the gamescom crate?

Idling is far more lucrative than hacking for 0 risk at all

You arent making a profit on 7 crate rolls at miniscule odds on 15-40 usd accounts. Cashing out steam credit is basically impossible if you have a lot of accounts with small wallet values

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 11, 2018

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

slap me and kiss me posted:

Suppressors are choice because they conceal you from all the goblins coming to murk you who were summoned by the sounds of a firefight.

the enemy will be shooting too, and unless you're an idiot/new, they are going to be nearby because long range firefights are a very bad idea in this game.

Most of the reason supressors suck is because they don't give you much in the ranges you actually want to be using a gun. For the cost of it taking longer to kill people with one, they make a more muffled noise that good players can and will use to figure out where you are. Even beyond audible range, you can tell what direction a shot is coming from based on context. If bullets are landing near someone, the first thing a good player is going to think is along the lines of "there is someone in this direction that is close enough to me and in a secure enough spot that they are willing to engage in a fight". There's only so many places you can be, they are going to have a pretty good idea of where you are and how to play around you.

Groovelord Neato posted:

wonder why compensators are so much easier to find. probably because they're better. that makes sense.

because in pus mind supressors should be good, but in actuality, they aren't. devs make balance mistakes all the dang time. If you just look at the concept, supressors sound really good, but they don't work like that in game.

willroc7 posted:

Maybe the average goon player gets more value out of having their position concealed than someone with arguably the best aim on the planet???

the players with the best aim on the planet take the attatchments that help them aim even better is the lesson you should take from that

its pretty telling that there are no reasons to say supressors are good other than nuh-UH

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 11, 2018

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

abigserve posted:

Dog I think you are wrong about how easy it is to locate people with suppressors unless you never shoot anyone over 100 meters away.

Long range firefights happen all the time in my games, yeah it alerts people to your position but that's pretty fun, I actually don't know how you'd play PUBG if you aren't shooting every person as soon as you have a shot on them because close range firefights are a clusterfuck of lag/desync

I'm not wrong because I can do it and I'm nowhere near as good as some goons are at pubg. I take every smart fight possible.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Lol they reduce your damage cause you miss more dude. Supressors arent good.

Its 5050 who they run into first either way

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

daslog posted:

This is my argument for using a suppressor. This is me getting hosed by a Suppressed SCAR. I'm sure a better player would have been able to find the sound sooner, but all I could hear was the bullets flying by my head and hitting the ground.

Feel free to critique my lovely play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RcgHcZcDG8

When you hear a crack, it sounds 90 degrees to the plane the that the bullets are on. When you see the bullets hit the trees and ground, you can tell which direction they are in. With both of those, you can figure out roughly +-10 degrees where he is. If you cant hear the gunshots over the crack, it means they are very close, this is true for both supressed and unsupressed.

Its easier with practice, and if you have headphones with a wide soundstage. Headphones that gamers would describe as good for soundwhoring, i wish I had a better word to describe it.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It writes chicken dinner in game when you win.

which he'd know if he didnt lose lmao

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Blowdryer posted:

I've been told the AK is very accurate for the first 2 shots. Kind of like CS.

every gun is pinpoint accurate in this game, its the recoil that varies a lot. it's nothing like cs where your cursor will be at their feet but you'll be getting headshots.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Has anyone else noticed a decrease in Fps while dropping in duos or squads as opposed to solo?

I just realized today that that was happening, and it might explain why i have a much harder time spotting things while playing with my buddy.
I'm still bad at the game either way, but I'm definitively worse when playing duos (according to my rankings)
E: my buddy and I also use Skype to chat

swap to discord its way better

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Beamed posted:

This game is too buggy for paying $50 on top of the game's price to be really reasonable.

You arent buying an ssd just for this game though, they are really nice. Its like going from the 25 year old pos corolla you learned to drive in to an actual car.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 15, 2018

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Fortnite is taking a huge chunk out of the game, 40m accounts and 2m concurrent.

the thing is though, fortnite sucks

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Csgo guns hace 0 rng recoil dont they

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

AppleDan posted:

I can believe the pinpoint accuracy thing, I can have my reticle right on someone and still miss half the shots. Then I watch my deathcam and the guy I was shooting at was making the same shots at the same speed I was and hit every single one.

The bullets are on point but the hitreg and anti trading are not

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
China is barely a first world country, it's an aboslute authoritarian shithole. Look up what they do to the Uyghurs. Backwards and overly punitive laws are the norm

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

John DiFool posted:

I don’t understand why they won’t region lock the Chinese. It just takes one hacker to ruin 99 people’s game and they’re predominantly from China according to PU himself.

because pu reckons its xenophobic

flatluigi posted:

- Chinese people aren't the only ones that hack so they need to work on curbing cheating in general (which they have been doing)
- they've announced that they are, in fact, working on ping restricting servers so that people can't play if they have super high ping compared to the region (i.e. they're playing on the US from the other side of the world)

nah pu said 99% of hackers are chinese

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

The easiest way to do it is set a ping limit and just say it’s because you’re trying to grow your e-sport or whatever. That kind of absolves them of any possible xenophobia or whatever.

nah he reckons that its super awesome that people from different countries can play together and any argument to why it isnt is xenophobic

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

flatluigi posted:

The last conversation you had in this thread included you saying this so I don't really know if you're the best person to insist nobody's being xenophobic in their arguments

yeah its a fact that china is an incredibly poo poo place to live, china's government is horrible and thats why they are sending cheat makers to jail for a very long time. That is seperate to region locking.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 20, 2018

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

accipter posted:

How did you get that data? I always assumed that they picked the final circle first, but clearly they don't.

pretty sure its calculated exactly when the previous one closes to stop people cheating

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Eh ... There's no technical reason that the server couldn't pre-calculate the circles. It just shouldn't send the circles to the clients until the previous one closes. The clients are hackable but so far I don't think cheaters are hacking the game servers.

i dont remember were i read it but i remember reading somewhere that they calculate them on the fly so there is 0 chance of someone fooling the server into sending them the final locations

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
My best bus memory is my first game on miramar with irl friends, where a dude did 2 passes trying to run us over, I killed him on the second pass and warned my friends it might roll into us. We got out of the way, about 20m from it, it hit a road barrier and flipped sideways and meteored into all 4 of us.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

cyanidewolf posted:

It's the HDR overlay.

yah that overlay tanks fps and stops you ADSing smoothly

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
oc is infested with cheaters, its >50% of games you die to one

the other night i got sniped by a dude recoil scripting an uzi of all things, he had an ak on his back too

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yea, it really depends on the map, and how far away you are from the circles starting to form.

My min. would probably be: level 2+ everything, m4/scar with 150+ ammo, 4x on a sniper (preferably a kar98, but a 4x on an m16 has been something I enjoy lately), 3 boosts, 2 kits, 10 bandages. As far as attachments, I'd be fine leaving them empty, but if you didn't find any attachments going into the final circles, you are doing something wrong.

Obviously, these are minimums and not the ideal perfect loot I would like going into the final circle. When you kill people in the final few circles, your loot usually instantly becomes a ton better.

You're a full blown loot goblin if this is your minimum

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Thom P. Tiers posted:

If you don't have these things going into the final few circles, you looted wrong, didn't kill anyone, or started at some lovely yellow houses and have been running to other lovely yellow houses for 15 minutes.

Like, maybe one out of every fifteen games I play I don't have that stuff going into the final few circles (when I make it that far).

If you are looting houses till you get that, you're looting too much.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Please explain to me why you stopped looting while you are rolling around in a motorcycle helmet and an AK with 90 ammo? You aren't going to be winning that way.

Or are you of the theory "kill people to get your loot." Which is still looting, and you are going to end up with even better loot than what I mentioned, going into the final circles.

Seriously, the stuff I mentioned isn't hard to find. I can usually find all of that before the first circle closes and I will just be looking for maybe a 4x or maybe some more meds while on the move (if I have to move). Where do you drop?

I drop named places and stop looting after the house that gives me better than a shotgun or vector.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 31, 2018

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Its player unknown battlegrounds not player unknown scavenger hunt

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Hellsau posted:

Chocotaco's game is bugged and he has no ambient noise - he can hear footsteps and gunshots and glass breaking but he doesn't hear the wind or other fake noises. I would play a ton more PUBG if I could turn that poo poo off.

He ended up reconnecting since it was pretty much actually cheating but if I get that bug I'm just going to keep the program on until a patch forces me to close it.

try deleting the files like people do with the maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Flaggy posted:

Bluehole will never be able to solve the cheating problem. They make too much money from the cheaters buying new copies and inflating their numbers.

Pu really wants pubg to be an esport and expects it to still be alive and getting updates in a decade. Basically he wants to copy what Riot did with leage of legends. You need to stop cheaters for that to work