Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

I loving hate this new call of duty

I get tempted now and then to get that and then I remind myself I haven't enjoyed a call of duty game since the first one way the hell back when. Also I don't do multiplayer on shooters which is where I figure a lot of the value comes from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I could see that holding religious significance.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I also just bought a bunch of stuff for sous vide because of you dudes talking about it. Gonna make some steaks this weekend with it

You don't need it to cook well, but goddamn is it easy. It's impossible to gently caress things up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

But he’s wrong, that’s the best part.

I mean unless you’re talking the majors. But that’s like not counting a car crash Bc the truck was made in Mexico.

FAA regulates charter services as well, so...

I'm seeing no passenger jet fatalities in 2017 googling it. So the distinction between prop planes may be the difference? Plus ignoring all those silly cargo plane deaths, military transports or jets, etc.

That or the report I'm reading is just flat out wrong.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a patagonian cavy posted:

he did want to privatize ATC as punishment because they refused to change the departure path for Palm Beach International from directly over his house

Nobody else wants it though so it’s not gonna pass

Yeah he was tweeting about how dangerous the current system was in his opinion a few months ago.

Now with absolutely no change he's fixed everything! Brilliant!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s taking credit for nothing.

For the record by the way I was not in any way implying he wasn't and thought that fact was pretty obvious, I was just trying to figure out what little news blurb an aide handed him or that he saw on Fox and Friends that made his brain think "wow, let me take credit for this!"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I really want to check out this rock climbing gym near me but I'm tempted to wait at least a week or two for the rush to die down slightly. It's also 20 loving degrees outside so yeaaaa.

I feel lucky it was in the 20s today after the last few days.

But I do live in a cheap place to live so there's that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CannonFodder posted:

It's really good. If you use a mandolin, use the guard. 10 days later and my thumb has fully healed from just a tiny nick.

Always use the guard. Mandolins lie in wait, dreaming of growing up to be lathes so they can cause even worse injuries.

vv--or that

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wait is this Kobach's baby?

This is actual good news if so, because that entire thing was designed as a huge voter suppression machine.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am curious to see how he responds when South Korea resolves the nuclear conflict without him

Obviously if that would happen he'd just take credit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Kinda surprised it took Sessions this long, marijuana is his white whale and he'll do anything to try to get rid of it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Uncensored and unrated! It's a must buy!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pubic works project posted:

Can't you just turn it on and heat it up...??

I'm imagining a cracked grill like a cracked windshield but I don't know if that happens.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Chill out and read books about dinosaurs friendos!

I just re-read Mort when I got tired of reading super serious things and now I have to reread all the Death books and be surprised again at how touching they are.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I made a pretty decent chicken noodle soup a couple of weeks ago. Which is neither exciting nor my favorite, but I was impressed at how well it turned out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Fire and Fury is the name of wolff's book that heavily features quotes from Bannon.

Bannon tried to start a chinese company to sell WoW gold

Fire and Fury is the name of an old mission in Vanilla WoW

:thunk:

Bannon the Chinese gold farmer is one of those things that I laugh about every time I remember it. Like Dean Spanos trying to get the FAA to stop the guy flying a plane with a message making fun of him over his stadium in LA. Then the FAA told him they can't do anything because they don't care about stadiums that small. Or Tim Tebow's joke of an attempt at a baseball career.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

About to head to the store to get stuff. You know poo poo is about to get real when the suggested recipe includes "Step 2: Turn on your vents and open your windows"

Get as thick of a steak as you want, there isn't any "oh the outside cooks too fast and the middle isn't done enough" anymore.

I mean there were ways around that anyway if you knew what you were doing and I've appreciated it more with other foods more than steak, but it's now impossible to gently caress up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Steaks are in the bath!

I think I might do steaks tomorrow. It's been a while and at least that way if and when the Chiefs are pissing me off by letting the Titans steal a playoff game I'll be eating/just have eaten a nice steak.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Steaks are in the bath!

Need a trip report on this when you get around to it by the way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

The state of the union address is going to be top notch.

I remember thinking this last year, but if he feels like it he has the ability to read off a teleprompter.

We'll see if he feels like it this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

How is he possibly your favorite Senator

I think you're missing a tense change there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oops wrong thread.

I do not have a favorite senator.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

I thought Mexico was going to pay for it. A single American dollar towards the wall is a failure and broken campaign promise.

Well you see we make it back because of the economy or some imaginary money or something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm watching the Simpsons for the first time in like 15 years.

I've chuckled once or twice but man the magic is so far gone.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

what the gently caress is going on

It's apparently copied and pasted from some NY Post editorial and Trump hosed up consensual and consequential.

I clicked through to Trumps twitter so everyone else doesn't have to. God it's so terrible.

e: It also took him a full 16 minutes to copy and paste the second part of what he was trying to quote.

Actually the column itself says consequential so Trump probably doesn't actually know how to copy and paste.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 8, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

Did anyone see 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri? It just swept the golden globes.

I read that it was good once. So...no.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Is he still planning on releasing a bogus totally and completely true medical report showing what great shape he's in this month?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Does he have to be legally eligible because I might pick Conor McGregor

Pssh, Floyd beat him in the ring he'd beat him in the primaries.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Glumslinger posted:

Does Greg Popovich count?

Don't open this door, because you know we'd end up with Coach K instead.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

piss tape israel posted:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the worthless DNC had this exact train of thought

Speaking of I read this blurb this morning:

quote:

Paul Maslin was Jones’s pollster in Alabama. He believes their victory proved that the right way for Democrats to appeal to the middle in 2018 is to run as counterweights to chaos, name-calling and inaction. “If you are out there, particularly as a challenger, communicating that message, it can really work,” the veteran Democratic operative said during an interview last week when he was in town for the new senator’s swearing-in. “That was our calling card. When we talked about health care and education, we did it through that context and lens: Why can’t we work together to get something done? Why can’t people work together to improve our schools? Democrats can stick to the issues that matter most to them and then make a larger point about getting along and civility …

All those black folks who came out to vote? Yeah they didn't matter at all, we don't need to worry about appealing to them. Oh and it didn't help us that we were running against the least electable man in the world.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Guess you aren't in the Soros club. :smug:

Looking forward to Kris Kobach finding this post and citing it as proof of massive voter fraud.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Neil Armbong posted:

God drat, digging that hole deeper and further tarnishing your name is a great way to ensure you can find a tech job outside of Breitbart again.

I suppose it's a pretty good way to find a job at Breitbart though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

One of the directors at work just talked me into playing indoor soccer with his team tomorrow despite me saying that 1. I have not played soccer since intramurals in college, and 2. I never played soccer before then, so the idea of moving a ball with my feet feels foreign. I hope they just throw me in goalie and call it a day.

Just mark/stay in front of people on defense as best you can and swing your foot at the ball if you get a chance to blindly clear and you'll probably be fine. If it was a super competitive league you wouldn't have been asked to join.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Here's a hint, anything with the slightest taint of real emotion is horseshit dreck compared to John Wick or The Raid II.

I suspect you'll make some enemies badmouthing John Wick in the TFF chat thread.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

That Bama kicker gets to graduate as a national champion and not as the guy who blew everything on an easy kick. Lucky night for him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

I'm running into a conversion issue where Oracle vchar fields are case sensitive and SQL Server varchar fields are not, which means tons of violated uniqueness constraints that weren't tripped in Oracle. FUN!

I take it you don't have full control over these? There are ways to force SQL server to be case sensitive but...yeah if it's not actually your own DB to change whatever you want...welp.

I remember dealing with this poo poo. Glad I don't have to anymore.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

weird Asian candy posted:

I have no idea who the Von Erichs are, but I agree. Although...his younger two have legit no chance to make the NBA so I guess he is at least getting them money in Lithuania?

I was under the impression that the youngest one might have (had) a chance, but I don't follow along with this much other than to laugh at Lavar.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That punchline is as incomprehensible to me as if it were written in Arabic

Why do programmers mix up Halloween and Christmas? Oh it's hilarious, it's very very funny, trust me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

My wife and I work at the same place and are both part of a two day company strategy meeting.

I realized my new favorite thing is pretending I'm going to embarrass her by asking dumb questions or just acting like a jackass and she goes, "seriously please don't do that" and I relish that little bit of panic I hear in her voice lol

Kids or not, you're morphing into dad humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

achillesforever6 posted:

They are also useful in fighting off Brown Recluses, god I remember that thread about the poor goon who had to live in a apartment infested with them :stonk:

I had a friend in college who would sleep fully clothed with his pants tucked into his socks because they had a brown recluse infestation.

He survived somehow, so I guess it worked (he was lucky).