Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
It would probably be easier just to take the cab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh wait, poo poo. that's not even a cab driver. they aren't trying to get a ride from him or anything. that's just some random guy who is upset that two nutjobs are disrupting traffic, so banner threatened to murder him.

<Looks at driver being threatened by Bruce. Sees gray flattop. Looks at black smudge under his upper lip that might be a brush mustache misplaced by Sunday colorist>

Guys, that's probably not Jonah. But what if that were Jonah?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Jonah want pictures Spiderman or Jonah smash!

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Haifisch posted:

"why are they using syringes,"

"We need to transfuse this blood very slowly. It's like a starving person. You give him food too quickly his belly will burst. Well, Dr. Banner is low on blood. If we give him blood too quickly, his veins will burst!"

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Am I the only one that thinks it is weird that Bruce and Peter's first instinct was to start a huge superpowered brawl in the middle of a hospital? .

It's Florida.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Johnny Walker posted:

Now there's some woman in a turtleneck just wandering around the hospital, eavesdropping on conversations.

That's Tommie, from Apartment 3G. Her strip ended, so she's hanging out in other comic strips now.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Stahlgeist posted:

The final caption completely ignores Spider-Man's current peril to ask "What IS the Reptilian Revolt?".

To be fair, that's a more interesting question than "Will Spider-Man die?"

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Not in NSM. He lives off freelancing for the Bugle and MJ's film income.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

jyrque posted:

I know why MJ and Bruce were in there but why is there a closet on the roof??

That's probably the stairwell door.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Stahlgeist posted:

There's a strange trend in this comic where everyone, regardless of how evil or irascible, seems to get along with Mary Jane. The Lizard even told her where he was going.

It's pity.

The Lizard: "I could dessstroy her! No, I've sssseen her husband. The poor woman has ssssuffered enough."

Plus, Mary Jane is pretty cool. Nobody has any reason to dislike her.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 14, 2018

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
So with MJ leaving them, it's up to Bruce to defeat the Lizard on his own, and he can't Hulk out. Not great odds, but Bruce is smart, so if Spiderman doesn't get in his way too much, maybe he'll have a chance.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Lurdiak posted:

He feels like a very different character than any of the other Spideys, but I think that's kind of part of that stupid show's charm.

His Spidersense is about as useful as NSM's, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqoDuV_Lnc

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Samuringa posted:

They're vibranium claws.

Gronkanda Forever.

While not getting as much attention as a certain other secret project, the Canadian government's top secret "Weapon Gronk" project is still worthy of note....

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
You just know that after this whole thing is done, a bunch of turtles will show up and just wonder where everybody went.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Eh, pythons are an invasive species anyway.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
He's got the proportional ability to be swatted of a spider.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

VictorianQueerLit posted:

He received a blood transfusion from Mary Jane and now loves Spider-Man.

But who did Mary Jane get a blood transfusion from to make her love Spider-Man?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Push El Burrito posted:

Last strip, "Next: Fury of the Iron Fist"

This strip, talking about their wild night while getting dressed. So what did they do with Iron Fist?!

"Iron Fist" is MJ's nickname for what she likes Peter to....you know what? Never mind.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Miss posted:

Somebody catch me up on who Iron Fist is

Quick summary....Iron Fist is a guy named Danny Rand. He learned martial arts from this mysterious Chinese martial arts master from an alternate dimension, and then, after killing an immortal dragon (Yes, I know), gained the power of the Iron Fist, which is like all the chi, which he can use to power his martial arts so he can punch anything.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Lurdiak posted:

We're going to get a solid week of Danny explaining this to Spider-man, you're wasting your posting powers.

Probably, but the time line of the comic will go something like this...

Week of Danny fighting the thugs, week of the FBI agent starting to run away, week of Peter explaining to the cab driver why he wants to go to the Bugle, week of the driver and Peter arguing over directions, week of the cab being caught in traffic and Peter trying to decide whether to walk the rest of the way, week of Peter trying to figure out if he should tip the guy because the guy didn't even take him to the destination, week of Peter and the driver arguing over the tip, week of the fleeing FBI agent knocking over Peter with Iron Fist in pursuit, week of Peter changing to Spiderman to figure out what's going on, week of Spiderman. And Iron Fist fighting because Spiderman thinks Danny a bad guy trying to kidnap the FBI guy, and then finally the two of them teaming up, where we get Danny's backstory.

So that takes us to August before we even get it.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
It's so cute that Peter mistakes Robbie's toleration of him for friendship.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Right. Staking something to somebody means you're giving them or loaning them something.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Yet again, the Daily Planet is scooped by the 24 hour news cycle. Robbie, when he gets back, you and Jonah are going to have WORDS.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Ponsonby Britt posted:

I need pictures! Pictures of Giant Turtle Boy! Where's that lazy Olsen?

Why there was never a DC/Marvel crossover about the Bugle and the Planet, I'll never know.

"Stories about newspaper publishing! That's what the kids like nowadays."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
"Peter, I know you're probably tired, but on your way out, could you ask one of the staff photographers to come in here? I need somebody qualified to go to the hospital and see if he can get a picture of that masked guy."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Jetfire posted:

If this takes place in 2018 I'm pretty sure the Bugle laid off their staff photographers years ago.

"Staff photographer" is what Jonah and Robbie call the intern with the iPhone. It makes the kid feel good, and he still takes better pictures than Peter.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Ikasuhito posted:

I think that was well established when he ruined the marriage between his aunt and Melvin because of his racist belief that the Mole people couldn't look after themselves.

To be fair, the Mole People are pretty hapless.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I don't want New York to know that Spider-Man is back. How to keep that a secret, though? I know, I'll dress up as Spider-Man.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

"....so clearly, we need to kill him and move the body to another part of the city."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
For those who don't know, the Great White Way is Broadway.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
"Judging by the Photos Peter Parker has taken in the past, he's no reporter."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
In today's Spider Man, J. Jonah Jamison tries to get his rear end out of a trash can. Meanwhile, Peter Parker expects to have sex.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Tunicate posted:

He got a chance to write while JJJ was out of town.

Someone quote the article peter wrote plz, am on mobile.

It's in the first post, but here it is.

quote:

IRONFIST
by Peter Parker

A masked man brought another man to a hospital last night. The other man was an FBI agent. The masked man had saved him from an attack by some other other men. These other men were bad men, according to sources. The masked man did not attack the agent and then bring him to the hospital, as initially suspected by some sources.

The masked man is called IronFist, because he has a fist that is really hard (reports say it also glows and cuts up webs somehow so those are useless against it so don't even try that). Anonymous sources say you should not punch him in the fist if you are punching him, which you shouldn't be because he was not one of the bad men who attacked the FBI agent. You might think at first he is a bad man and then you will start to fight him, and perhaps he will think the same thing about you and will start to fight you, but eventually you both will realize you are both not bad men and stop fighting, according to sources. But if you punch him really hard directly in the fist it will really hurt your hand a lot is the point sources are making.

That case of mistaken identity thing described above is exactly what happened between IronFist and Spider-Man! They fought for a minute, but then realized they were both on the same side--the good one. They then saved the FBI agent from another attack by some other bad people (this time one was a woman), who then disappeared somehow and so did we, sources revealed.

After that, they considered teaming up, but then IronFist revealed his identity (he was NOT Danny Rand of the Wall Street Journal) to Spider-Man and said to team up Spider-Man had to reveal his, sources say.

As of this printing, Spider-Man refused to reveal himself because I had to protect my secret identity, according to sources I talked to as a reporter to get these facts.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

freshlybaked posted:

What's going on with that doorman?

I think the doorman is Idi Amin.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

evilmiera posted:

Edit: Wait, if Peter is doing everything Purple is telling him to, why does he think his powers are losing their effect? Is he slowing down? Maybe Peter is just late for his nap or something.

He used to be able to control multiple people, but now can just control one at a time.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

ManlyGrunting posted:

On the plus side, Peter finally got a team-up where he gets to do most of the work :unsmith:

Well, he sure as hell isn't going to be the ideas guy.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Hoyota posted:

Well, that's it, we really are writing the strip in this thread.

Let's start brainstorming the next arc.

Sabertooth!

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Xarbala posted:

I'm dropping back in with no context and this is just beautiful

Context doesnt help much.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
He's going to think the problem is resolved and walk away, pulling the blanket off, isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Apparently, there was the following comment from Roy Thomas:

quote:

“I know nothing of any Spidey strip to come, only that the one Alex Saviuk and I (and until recently Larry Lieber) had been doing is kaput.”