Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

This woman made me slightly less depressed in a thread about the middle east, yes. :unsmith:

And it's after Khashoggi's murder so that's quite impressive.

Also that rear end in a top hat's poo poo eating smile while they drag her outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Eox posted:

why do they make bespoke jpegs for every tantrum
Because they are rich stupid dudes with a massive inferiority complex and they need something to be able to get it up again after the public humiliations? The jpegs aren't about convincing other people.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 11:05 on Oct 26, 2018

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

First answer is "hopefully this script is such a dog she abandons it". :drat:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Fitting because it's likely 1989 was the last year trump's brain worked.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

For the Saudis, sure.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Well he got a point: dead people can't suffer. They still suffer a lot to reach the "no more suffering" point.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Frond posted:

Say goodnight to the good guys.
Well, when in 40 years what would have been Free Kurdistan is a narco-state or a worse-than-IS terror state, at least we will know who to blame.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Holy loving poo poo carving so fast, it even scares Erdogan.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Only Trump could have such a pure reactionary Id that he does what our allies want in the only way it could gently caress them over.
He is only using his presidential influence in foreign affairs because he can't do poo poo about THE WALL the steel slats being blocked and his tv friend on FOX are calling him impotent
e: also he may be scared of the images of the military not getting paid while stuck in a warzone during a shutdown? How does it work?

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 19:12 on Dec 21, 2018

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

etalian posted:

The biggest skyscraper in the world is currently being constructed by Bin Laden construction company.
Several members of the Family (like Osama's father and his eldest brother Salem) died during what are generally assumed to be fully accidental plane crash.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

My favorite part is when twitter remember their stock is partially owned by one saudi prince and kill the father's twitter account.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

how the gently caress do these little puppet regimes and allies of convenience still have any confidence or trust at all in the US? the Iraqi govt really oughta know better by now
It's not like they had any choice about being America's victim allies to start with.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

*savagely kill man* To err is human, guys! :smug:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I swear to dog that man can't stop. Also lol at that Gallipoli quote. "We beat you in 1915!"

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

is that the same Haftar that used to live in Langley?
Khalifa Haftar, yes, he spent two decades in Langley.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

i say swears online posted:

are france and the eu on opposing sides of this again
No i am pretty sure France and most eu countries (Italy and the UK mostly) are backing Haftar (the us backed would-be tyrant) and the only side it fucks is the UN backed democratic government currently in Tripoli.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

According to Le monde an unidentified airplane hit the Mitiga airport, the only working airport in Tripoli.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

oh noes my imperialist narrative is crumbling, better double down on it while targeting people on my left

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

:laffo: Jared's plan for Palestine is to move Palestinians to the middle of the desert.

https://twitter.com/rulajebreal/status/1116035797982097408
Galaxy brain solution: send them to die in a desert.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Most of the European right wingers do too because they want him to block the south-north immigration road through Libya.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

The real twist is that no one is surprised.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Over Easy posted:

I keep thinking about the UKs experience in the Falklands and if there is some hypersonic Exocet style missile out there that our old big rear end boats are vulnerable to
If there is i am sure Russia or China built it and sold it to Iran.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

is the pentagon really such a kleptocracy now that they don't even do the most basic testing of these weapons platforms with battlefield simulations any dumbass in the military could come up with?
Why would they if the battlefield simulations fail, they would have to spend even more effort hiding it. It's better to test nothing until it's deployed on the field than to have to justify knowingly sending troop to their death with known faulty material.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Addamere posted:

Pentagon Wars
Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kindest Forums User posted:

I think the Quebecois French (and maybe regular French) use just right and left.
:eng101: It's Bābord (left) and Tribord (right) in french.

Also all those starship trooper memes are great. Someone should just convert US anti-iran tv propaganda into the "would you like to know more" format.

Edit not to double post:
Does anyone got a youtube link to the Crisis Initiation people talk? I am in search of more public material to laugh at while they murder people for money.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 08:44 on Jun 17, 2019

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I will be honest and admit I am more surprised he managed not to rant live on TV about how the US army should cover Iran's sky with Raytheon's Tomahawk missiles.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

And Erdogan's Party, the AKP, just lost Istanbul mayoral election rerun he forced after losing the first time. No one is surprised.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

The whole "president of iran allegedly called Trump a retard when actually no it's just the translator choosing a terrible moment to be bad at their job" thing remind me of the Ems Dispatch.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

CODChimera posted:

The media are going to get us all killed
Yes, they sure are trying. But the same media called him stupid since before his election, so i suspect it's just them trying to make Trump angry.

guidoanselmi posted:

todays farsi lesson: im guessing he probably used the term "aghab oftadeh" which literally translates to "fallen behind" and is pejorative. colloquially, it can mean mental retardation but also represents individuals/peoples who can't keep up with the times.

e: or i guess he didn't say it at all and western media are just riling trump?

https://twitter.com/SinaToossi/status/1143516480430071811
Retard is originally just a french word (with a silent d, so "retar") for lateness, referring (i would guess) in context to "late mental development" and turned into an insult because it's a foreign word that sounds funny. Still it's a particular word to select for a translation of "fallen behind".

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 12:15 on Jun 26, 2019

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I kinda hope* it's true so i don't loving lose my mind again reading the terrible thread of middle east despair this year.

*is a lie

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Are the saudi royals the dumbest people on earth, or is it just mbs
Royal families are rarely a collection of high minded and generous spirit. For more examples, see the UAE's royal family.
Edit:

https://twitter.com/LibyaLiberty/status/1154614533052391424
Best answer: "To avoid pregnancies"

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 10:58 on Jul 26, 2019

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

please assassinate the marvel movie heros somehow

please
Imagine the tears if Kim Kardashian or Beyonce were killed by the Iranians.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Just in time.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

western news sources are still claiming 0 us troop casualties so far, and i doubt that the army would like do a massive cover-up of us casualties to prevent escalation of the war
I really like that we are still acting like all the actors on the field are rational people who coordinate their effort for the same end.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

"Imminent"

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Even more IMMINENT (every seconds now, for the last 20 minutes!!!!)

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

his imminence, queen donorld tnrump
Here it goes....

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

big dong wanter posted:

that might have been one of the alltime greatest nothingburgers
Totally worth the wait! (not)

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Don't know when, don't know where.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEtldt-FI8Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

my country yearns to make me its king
They really really want cocaine!