Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Built my first exhaust deck.

Got a dead branch from the whale choice and my first card draft was true grit. Got lucky with a few more exhaust cards early and build an unstoppable deck. I stopped having to even draft by the end of act one and just steam rolled everything. Even time eater went down easy. Hoooly poo poo that was fun. There were times where I felt like I played like 30 cards in a turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

babypolis posted:

Never pick flex, its a really bad card

Really? Why?

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

I felt like a moron for not "getting" watcher but god drat it's satisfying when it finally clicks.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

What are some good ways to juice my score for ranking higher on the daily climb? My highest so far is 44th.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Jedit posted:

Just hit as many elites as you can. Every elite you kill is 25 points and another 50 if you perfect it, so taking an extra elite in each act is a potential 225 points. That's bigger than any other bonus you can gain apart from Beyond Perfect.

That's my usual goal. I didn't realize you got such huge points for getting a perfect. Thanks!

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

I only really save scum if I pick the wrong boss relic. That and the one time I forgot to grab the necronomicon after taking all the damage. Usually I just prefer to die and start over.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

little munchkin posted:

sounds kind of similar to the legendary deckbuilding games (there's a dc comics branded one that's good too). basically dominion except you're fighting supervillains and whoever does the best job wins at the end. iirc the dc one is all pvp but the legendary series has co-op elements (there's a singular winner but also a "the bad guys win and you all lose" outcome if you don't work together a bit

Are you talking about Sentinels of the Multiverse? That game owns. Are there more of them? (besides the DC and Marvel ones).

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

LifeLynx posted:

45 minutes per player? I hope it's good solo, I'm not optimistic that I'd be able to get some friends to sit down for a three hour game of Slay the Spire.

How long does an average game of dominion or thunderstone take? Two hours?

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

This was a fun daily. I took nightmare too early, hoping to set it up with catalyst+. It finally worked on Awakened One.

https://imgur.com/a/f2whYfL

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Drunk Nerds posted:

Terrence got to Act 2, which neither Baalorlord nor Jorbs did on their 12th streak attempt.

Watching him play it's clear I have nowhere near the understanding of the depth of this game that these guys do. I also don't have the patience to analyze my picks like they do.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Jedit posted:

Oh man, you never watched any of Lifecoach's VODs.

I haven't because I've heard people talking about how long he takes and skipped them. Terrence's methodical approach was boring at first but it's growing on me. That twitch plugin that lets you mouse over the deck/relics/status effects is cool as gently caress. Normally I just watch jorbs on YT and skip through the slow parts.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Straight White Shark posted:

ooh, cursed tome. hmm... 20 HP? eh I'm about to hit a campfire, I can afford to take the damage and rest it off

click click click click

I savescum when this happens to me

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

The current daily is a fun lesson in the power of exhaust synergy. Thanks to runic pyramid, letter opener, deep breath, shrug and body slam I had fun infinite combo going.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Act 3 also has some really good events so I usually go for question mark rooms as well.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

This daily is hard as gently caress. Way too many cards.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Well that daily started out fun but I got an early blue candle which kinda trivialized the rest of it.

Has Ninja Scroll always been there? I have like 250+ hrs in this game and that's the first time I recall seeing it.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

My buddy was kind enough to add the Android version to our shared library. My productivity is going to drop by 1,000%

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

I have never made a build that made art of war work. I tend to play frontloaded damage builds and just tank hits to the face. I'm also very bad at this game though.

It also seems like fate that war paint and whetstone always upgrade my worst cards.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Also keep an eye out for Exhume which is an Ironclad rare that can get exhausted cards back. Bent spoon is a shop relic that gives a 50% to not exhaust (which can also gently caress you over wrt Dazes)

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

No Wave posted:

My favorite is immolate. Turns the hardest fights (slavers, gremlin leader, snake lady) into easy mode.

I always get a hearty chuckle when I can pull an immolate before I hit sentries.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Yoshi Wins posted:

Clarification: Spoon works on cards that exhaust when that card is played. Slime would be an example of a card that Spoon could keep around against your wishes. But Dazes are unplayable, so they are not affected by Spoon.

Ahh okay that makes more sense. I've only taken spoon a few times. Thank you for the clarification.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

I think you might still be able to beat time-eater that way if you have stuff like shuriken and ornamental fan but I'm also really bad at this game so I could be wrong. If you play 11 dropkicks a turn that's (10x11) damage per turn factoring in vulnerable so I think it's still possible right?

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Exhausting down to play limit break a few times and then reaper is probably 1/5 of my IC wins.

I usually have a lot of fun with a deck based around rupture and reaper, just tanking hits to the face and sapping my own HP just to get it all back with a nice fat reaper. So satisfying.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Jedit posted:

True Grit is one of the more impactful upgrades, beaten only in power jump by Fission.

I don't think I've ever taken fission because it didn't seem that good. That upgrade sounds awesome though. I'll have to take it on the next run.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

I've probably said this before but Defect took me way too long to "get" but once it clicked it was by far the most satisfying.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Frozen eye would be a lot better if it showed your draws as a stack next to your draw pile. I think there's a mod that does this.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Does anyone else feel like whetstone and war paint always upgrade your worst cards? It makes sense statistically with the number of strikes/defends in the average deck but I feel like even when I do sealed deck runs they usually pick cards I never bother to upgrade. Though I guess in that case I also usually have already upgraded the good ones. Hrrrmmmm.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Todays daily is loving nuts haha. You get a dead branch and corruption early act 1 and it's bottled by early act 2.

Plus fnp and juggernaut. It's fun to block enemies to death.

metachronos fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 6, 2021

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

I play sealed deck custom games a lot because I find it more fun and it annoys me that you can only get bash, zap, etc. through the goblin memory game if you go that route, to my knowledge.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

300 hours in and I just realized that "master reality" syncs with dead branch. That was fun. I don't really play watcher much. Are there any cool builds I'm overlooking? I usually go stance dance but it gets boring fast.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

The "Hubris" mod is pretty good. IMO Replay The Spire adds too many mechanics at once and it gets a bit confusing.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

After an embarrassingly large number of hours I finally got my first heart kill. Ironclad on ascension 5. Dropped a fat heavy blade to kill it with 1hp left over after taking the beat of death. Thank you snecko eye and brimstone. PRAISE SNECKO.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

DontMockMySmock posted:

Speaking of interminably long fights where you can't take damage and have to slowly chip the enemy down, this just happened to me:

2 feel no pains making me never take damage, super sentries with regeneration, and I'm ending the fight with 107 cards in the exhaust pile. 0 damage superelite fight, but it took at least thirty turns.

edit: they offered me a third feel no pain and an orihalchum. lol

I love orichalcum. I feel like my favorite IC strat is combust+rupture+brutality. Tank hits to the face and reload health with a big 'ole reaper.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Gotta love it when you get corruption and dead branch from one elite. It does get kind of boring though. It takes a lot of the agency out after a while.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

For some reason I feel like I forgot how to play watcher. Like now when I play her I feel like I can just never get a good deck going.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Hey, they were not both clash

I had a sealed deck run where I had like 3 clashes and a sever soul in my draft so I tried to make it work. I think i made it into act 2 at Ascension 9.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

My usual block strategy with silent is after image + shivs. I tend to like to play aggressive decks.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Well it only took hundreds of hours but I was finally able to make a Grand Finale deck.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

mcvey posted:

'Slay the Spire 2' better be in the works.

Or at least written down somewhere and circled a few times at the MegaCrit office.

Are they currently working on anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe one of the devs just really likes whisky.