Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

GobiasIndustries posted:

ahahahaha she got badgered about it in the briefing, now we get this
https://twitter.com/ReutersUS/status/966054072028749824

wjhat a WIMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

100% chance the strip club industry lobbied for this

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mormonpartyboat posted:

it never stops being funny that cops 1) demand a higher level of respect than the average person because they chose a profession where they're asked to willingly put themselves into dangerous situations so as to save others from those situations and 2) refuse to do things because they're dangerous and run from armed people / shoot unarmed people because its easier to just deal with the paperwork than do the hard thing

3) have won court cases making it clear they have no duty to help anyone

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
youd get a way better response rate than cops just texting every dad of a high school parent saying there's an active shooter and they need to go resolve it unarmed (of course everyone would bring guns and kill more people in crossfires but i like to believe)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

to be clear I was just talking about the one cop who was there alone when it started

i could see it being confusing about which way to run or go

did he fall asleep or what

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I was removed from a jury pool in a murder case for saying that I believed that police officers should be held to a higher standard of behavior than other people.

that's ridiculous, they are held to a higher standard = everything they stay on the stand is inherently true and must be believed

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Elephanthead posted:

You are ten times more likely to be killed by a cop this year than to have ever been killed in a school shooting.

what are the raw numbers here

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mormonpartyboat posted:

field plate or full plate

half plate

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Jack Del Huevos posted:

philando castile had a permit to carry but...welp

a bunch of my friends are public defenders and one of them has been lighting up cops lately when they testify their probable cause was seeing a gun, he'll point out that's legal and ask what their reasonable suspicion was that the defendant didn't have a permit and the cops will just go uh..uhhhhhhhh

and then another killer is set loose on the streets (as the cop is excused from the courtroom)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

a helpful bear posted:

lol so many sour replies on twitter to this

unless she turns out to be someone horrific i think this is p great/clever

it rules, just like eddie the eagle and that guy who couldn't swim doing the 100m freestyle in australia.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

sandoz posted:

EDGED WEAPONS

*cop outside ultra affluent parkland school stares at camera* 'i aint dying in no ghetto'

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Taintrunner posted:

It's true, Wakanda and Israel are nations that happen to share a lot in common, in that they are both fictional.

#openbordersforwakanda

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

My Linux Rig posted:

yeah it definitely isn’t a thing in red states to go to a dive bar, whip out your fully loaded gun to brag to everyone about it, and then go back to said friends house to have him drunkenly fire shots in the air in a crowded residential area

never witnessed such a thing, no siree

that sounds fun

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

WoodrowSkillson posted:

this is going to happen

no it wont, that high school is full of rich kids

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Al! posted:

so here's what i think the trump proposal will be

. nationwide mandatory weekly shooter drills
. crackdown on social media
. budget cuts to the fbi for not doing their job right

passing anti hollywood and anti mainstream media law because of their toxic culture of fearmongering about weapons

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Man_of_Teflon posted:

"it's not about gun laws" he says

hes right. the media's poisoning of children's minds must be stopped

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

CommanderApaul posted:

and we're back to bullshit again. Free Market of Ideas my rear end.

we must end the media's poison! ideas must not be spread! no more reporting on school shooting and copycat crimes will cease to exist

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Joementum posted:

it owns that the very stupid president is explaining his very stupid policy very stupidly

we have 6.5 more years of this phenomenal entertainment. life is great

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Augus posted:

Our elementary schools will look like John Woo films and IT WILL OWN BIGLY

*teacher slides down stair rail, firing two guns as doves fly out of lockers*

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fast and furious 9 ripped off hard boiled so hard but they both own

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Inspector Hound posted:

Yeah, that shooting was particularly scary as gently caress because he was using John Wick gently caress moves to mow through armed cops who knew he was there

him advancing on that solo cop and going around the pillar to shoot him point blank was wild, I've never seen anyone engage like that despite watching millions of hours of Syrian war and copdeath vids

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

lol I know urban schools don't exist in the national media bubble but you could probably ask them what they do to stop kids from bringing guns into the school

those kids all get shot in crossfires on their walk

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Quotey posted:

just put a nice big gatling gun on every teacher's desk

hand crank one though, next to the hand crank pencil sharpener

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
well, teachers have always complained about parent/teacher conference days and having to deal with jerk administrator vice principals, I bet those interactions might change quite a bit if the teachers are in full rambo gear during meetings

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

nopantsjack posted:

i think its super hosed up that american gun fans are basically like "yeah thousands die per year, but its my hobby"

yeah yeah we would all like to own an AK47 or whatever your favourite gun from CS is, unfortuintaly your country is uniquely incapable of owning guns and not massacring eachother constantly so we gotta confiscate them all

set your deathsquad cops on the militias, disarm the country then disband the deathsquads
bing bong

good news: the deathsquad cops are also militia members!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mormonpartyboat posted:

big thing is that the vast majority of our gun violence is from handguns

and also is caused by generations of racism and being lovely to poor people

absolutely none of this matters to the chattering media classes beyond increasing the counting stat of 'mass shootings,' because all of those crimes happen in places where They Don't Go

the school shootings bring the violence to where they do go and are utterly terrifying

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

jBrereton posted:

what are the guns for exactly

shooting

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Augus posted:

the nra loves mass shootings because they can use them to sell guns

everyone loves mass shootings, people get to get emotional rushes, media gets to run tons of breathless stories, nra sells guns, politicians get nonstop fundraising out of it, bunch of people get to leave this gay earth early

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

law enforcement can keep your body safe on the way to the morgue when they show up 2 hours late

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
whty the hell is columbine considered the cultural breakpoint of school shootings, was it just that the 24 hour news cycle existed when it happened?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

downloading these now and gonna listen to them as soon as i finish hearing nick mullen say racist stuff about batman villains

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MysteriousStranger posted:

It was the first mass school shooting in the era of 24/7 news, the cultural impact was more about the type of media than it was about the shooting. The current one is another cultural point because it's the first one that's been live tweeted with cell phone videos coming out, unlike say Sandy Hook. Again, more about the media than the crime.

Eventually someone is going to be live streaming multiple people getting their brains blown all over the place.

this is a good and true explanation thanks

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
reminder that the virginia tech guy who killed the most students of anyone used a pair of handguns

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Good soup! posted:

well guess we need to be safe and ban all guns then

wrong, we need to ban all mentions of school shootings. It is time to end living in fear

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Good soup! posted:

ban the phrase school shooting

use live fire exercise instead

:yeah:

except something even more euphemistic. and tax credits to address the media's usage ofi t

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

nopantsjack posted:

there really is no sane argument in favour of mass ownership of guns

theyre fun

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol he's halfway there

he's correctly recognizing that this entire culture is loving traumatic for children, just not quiiiite to the point where he realizes the correct solution for it

the correct solution is getting rid of all school safety measures + banning all discussion of school shootings on all media so that fear ceases to exist

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Joementum posted:

tfw your boss says movies are too violent these days

wonder woman taught us that violence is wrong

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

shiksa posted:

the 90s are back, baby

they're right. ban all reporting of school shootings. what kind ofsick monsters want to inflict fear and terror on 330 million americans over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

once wonder woman killed all the nazis itw as made clear that humans should love each other (except for the dead nazis)

• Locked thread