Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'm with Deadspin on this one. It's dumb that coaches can't watch footage on the sidelines and Zimmer comes out of this sounding like an idiot.

https://deadspin.com/mike-zimmer-any-idiot-with-a-video-tablet-can-do-my-jo-1824281077

ur an idiot

but also so is Zimmer in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

i think he means they are mutually exclusive but it seems insane to think they could trade of OBJ and give him a long term contract and pay for Aaron Donald, unless they’re willing to peace out a ton of talent.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Play posted:

I think it's okay. I actually kind of like the shoulders, it's a bit different at least.

It goes wrong with the number though. That angular font is really freakin ugly and I don't get why that needed changing.

it’s like a weird hybrid of the Vikings number font and Tampa’s alarm clock font.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Brandin Cooks is younger than Cooper Kupp.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i like’em.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
it was obvious they weren’t down considering they got rid of al their Dicks this offseason.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

I am terribad at this cap/salary stuff, but I seem to recall that it was gonna be real tough to sign Barr, Kendricks, and Griffen (?) all together next year, or possibly even 2 out of the 3. All 3 are cool and good, so whatever, I’m happy to have Kendricks locked down

Barr, Diggs, Hunter, Kendricks and technically Waynes were all set to be FAs next year. The first 4 is who everyone speculated about, since Waynes has an option. I kind of figured Kendricks would be the odd man out but we’ll see. Hunter, Barr and Diggs seemed poised to be $10m+ players so it seems unlikely they keep all of them.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

Cousins only hit Free Agency because the Redskins are one of the stupidest and worst run teams in the league.

https://twitter.com/arifhasannfl/status/986066353894248448?s=21

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
maybe you’re the real cry baby for still caring what vikings fans say

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
yeah exactly

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
cuz teddy gonna light it up bitch.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
bummer if the Falcons are playing week 1 against the Eagles. Would have liked a season opening rematch.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

axeil posted:

Philly only getting 2 SNF games and 1 MNF game is honestly shocking for a Super Bowl winner. I think they had more SNF games in 2016 when they were coming off a 7-9 campaign than this year.

they’re also playing in the NFL Kickoff (which is an SNF equivalent) to open the year and they have another TNF game, which gives them the max 5 primetime games a team can have.

they also have 2 afternoon starts that will be defacto national games.

e: doing a quick search, this is the same as all the recent Super Bowl winners, so it shouldn’t be that shocking?

WHOOPS fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 20, 2018

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

nerve posted:

They were underdogs, though

“Why don’t we have more primetime games?” he mumbles beneath the rubber mask of a dog’s head.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

I like football go Packers

eat poo poo rear end in a top hat :arghfist:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
one of the Rooney’s was Obama’s ambassador to Ireland.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Spoeank posted:

literally nobody should give a flying poo poo about Josh Allen's tweets from when he was a pre-teen and early teenager

word, boys will be boys

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Spoeank posted:

every single person on earth is the same lovely rear end person they were at fifteen, it's true

There's not a single fifteen year old on earth that isn't a dumb piece of poo poo for one reason or another, these Josh Allen revelations literally do not matter.

Spoeank posted:

I kind of feel like if Josh Allen was a lovely person, the multiple years of national scrutiny with a hyperfocus over the last six months would have revealed it, not tweets from before he could drive

Welcome to the internet though, where literally nobody, not even a child, can have a prewoke period.

given the time that’s passed, of course he deserves some grace to demonstrate he’s grown and matured. it actually serves as a great teachable moment for others and not just to scrub your timeline before hit it big.
especially since no, not everyone does grow out of it. the current political landscape is evidence of that.

so i don’t think the best course of action is to say “nbd, we were all dumb once.” i’d rather it be held up to show the “dumb pieces of poo poo” teenagers why it’s not okay.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
being a white teenager*

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

Donald Penn had the cops called to his house for a domestic violence dispute which is less than ideal

does 0 tolerance apply to starters?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

pubic works project posted:

Apparently in the complaint, he smacked her butt too hard

my snark doesn’t have time for details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

That's fine, but if you're going to change poo poo for the 2018 season, hey maybe do that before free agency and the draft.

Not that anyone's really going all in on kick returners or whatever, but this changes the value of a bunch of random backups that might suddenly not have roster spots.

that’s what supposedly gave Mike Hughes some value for the Vikings. I mean, he seemed well regarded anyway but his more immediate value on a DB rich team like Minnesota would be in the return game.

• Locked thread