Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Syncopated posted:

Meg looks good and fun. Are the beach scenes in Asia? Or the whole movie I guess. Also the shark was ridiculously big in the last shot.

That last shot is totally different to any of the others in the trailer so my guess is it's entirely constructed to be a button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

It's like Person of Interest except it's God instead of a godlike AI.

And a lead actor who can emote.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

935 posted:

Is this on Hulu or something, or they plan to air "gently caress Batman" *slashes throat, blood spray on wall* on the CW?

There's much more extreme stuff featured routinely on the CW.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Couldn't give a poo poo without Mara and Fincher. Foy looks terrible.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

NowonSA posted:

I don't expect it to be a huge hit...

It's going to be loving huge. What the he'll?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Is that Mothra coming out of the ground or some other insectoid kaju?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

As someone who works in international for Fox, thx.

I mean, it was my boss but anyway.

He's right tho. You're a great poster and you're side of the company often does great work but the first trailer for DP was awful.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

When I was working on Graham Norton we had Casey as a guest and his list of demands for appearing was that we didn't ask any questions about the "other Affleck" and that we cut the cores out of the apples in his room for him. So... pretty routine really.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Vegetable posted:

Is it common to have guests dictate the fruit cutting

It's not uncommon for them to request special food or dietary needs.

The worst celebrity guest we had asked for the disabled toilet to be made their own private one and when we told him that was impossible he pissed multiple times in his dressing room sink with the plug in and left it for us.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Terminator spoiler Furlong is in it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

married but discreet posted:

In Fabric was a great lesser Yorghos Lantimos movie, Slaxx looks stupid.

Best trailers are the obligatory Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and also The Handmaiden but it cribs heavily from the former.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKWXEfXGWtA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whldChqCsYk

The 'leak' of the Dragon Tattoo trailer was the best way to experience that.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Thaddius the Large posted:

Isn’t that basically Battle: Los Angeles?

It's also kind of Battleship.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Has the guy playing Dream been in anything before? He looks pretty bland in this trailer.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

precision posted:

i feel like all these "smart" horror movies always cop out in the third act so i'm going to bet the shots of the "monster" in this trailer are misdirection

Why do you think it's a misdirect? It looks like a pretty generic monster to me?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

I'm tempted to say Missouri gonna Missouri but that's not fair. My brother's ex-wife was fired from Mad Men because of Hamm but at the same time I've met him and he was awesome. People contain multitudes. Not trying to justify whatever happened, I have no idea what he was complicit of.

Your brothers ex-wife is Abigail Spencer?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Harry Lime posted:

in all the different iterations of the trailer thread over now many many years I've always enjoyed your insider/industry tidbits :tipshat:

100% this. Kiimo is a highlight of the forums for me.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The MSJ posted:

It's also based on a real person, this guy: https://instagram.com/jannthaman?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The documentary is likely inspired partly by the CM Koseman book All Yesterdays which imagines dinosaurs with speculative features and behaviours that are realistically plausible but without any evidence. For example, there's a picture of a Protoceratops herd climbing a tree to eat leaves. There's no evidence they ever did this, but they're the same size as goats which do that all the time and their feet were good enough for it, so why not? It's really about portraying them as real animals. We are probably never gonna find fossils of a theropod mid-mating dance but their bird relatives do it. We never found a fossil of a T.rex swimming but their anatomy supports it.

Darren Naish who wrote for that book is the head consultant on the show, so you're spot on.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I'm all in on anything Miller wants to do in this universe, but calling this and odyssey at the start of the trailer and then showing us all the same poo poo we saw in Fury Road was disappointing. Looks like there's very few new ideas in this.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

The politics of this are going to be cringeworthy at best, aren't they?

There's good guys and bad guys on both sides. The real enemy is when we let ourselves loose decorum. Etc.

It'll probably end with Offerman's President being publicly executed and everyone being sad because they made a difference but in a bad way.

Now sit back down and accept your lot in life even as things get worse and worse every day.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Martman posted:

Men also featured children of men if you think about it..

God, Men was a loving abysmal film.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

BonoMan posted:

I don't like Kristen Stewart but O'Brien and Harris look like more than enough to make up for it so I'm down for that.

O'Brien is great and looks like the star of this, but I'm a little disappointed Stewart isn't ripped too like the poster seemed to promise.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Jewmanji posted:

https://youtu.be/JY12NsfJOLw?si=L-gIbAKpxVmCC85_

This looks very bad. And the trailer looks like it was cut by a complete amateur?

It's fake. It's posted by an account that always post fake trailers, it even says it's fake in the description. Plus its using nothing but shots from existing films.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

clown shoes posted:

Hulu Exec: We need a Knives Out! Get me Mandy Patinkin!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIn-D8FVvwA

Sadly for everyone involved they overshot past Knives Out! and landed on the much worse Glass Onion instead.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

Alien Covenant was not the worst Alien film. That's Alien3. But Covenant is still bottom of the barrel as far as the Alien series goes.

3 is way better than Covenant.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I will watch anything with James Acaster (even though it looks like he's in this for, like, a scene).

... Why?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

He's popular and married to Emily Blunt.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

This will be good.

These will be bad.

This will be stupid and maybe good.

Honestly feel the exact opposite regarding Deadpool and Wicked/Apes. Twisters I agree with.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Two and a half hours, but apparently they're adding a shitload of Wizard of Oz stuff and a bunch of backstory.

I think this is fine, especially the Wizard of Oz stuff. The stage show has the entire Wizard of Oz story happen off screen, with Dorothy only ever seen in silhouette. The film would have to expand it to not feel like a disjointed mess.

Also, the second half of the musical only suffers because it never achieves the heights of Defying Gravity again, there's some great songs in the second half.

However, where the film has hosed up is in not using the time gap between the first and second part to cast Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth in the adult roles.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Shageletic posted:

First time I'm seeing anything from the Monster verse other than Godzilla 2014 and this clip makes me wonder why they're jobbing Godzilla so much

He's exhausted at that point from fighting, and beating Kong the night before.

He's pissed off in that film because he can sense MechGodzilla being constructed. MechGodzilla is controlled by the manipulated psychic energy of Ghidorah, and Godzilla can tell humanity is loving around with something it shouldn't.

As soon as they turn on MechGodzilla Ghidorah's mind takes over, kills the human pilot, and goes on a revenge rampage against Godzilla. So it's basically an angry, resurrected Satan figure controlling a Mecha fighting a tired, bruised Godzilla.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

BonoMan posted:

I feel like Garland is smarter than that but that's not a great trailer at all

What could of possibly given you that idea from his past works?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

He shouldn’t work on franchises and or passion projects then lol

Or take over directing and editing on someone else's project? Seems a weird thing to dedicate two years of your professional life to if you want complete creative control of everything.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

It's probably unfair to judge Civil War on these merits since there was no way Garland and everyone else involved could have foreseen the timeline playing out this way when they were filming this in 2022, but, well, them's the breaks.

I think most people were predicting exactly this back in 2022?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I was wondering about that too and it turns out the manga this is based off predates Resident Evil 4 by about a decade.

That said it still doesn't look very good.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

Teaser for Fede Alvarez's new Alien: Romulus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTNMt84KT0k

Looks like it's taking place on a spaceship just like the first Alien

e: According to Wiki, this takes place between Alien and Aliens

Looks dull as mud.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I didn't realize that this film was a period film, I thought it was just going to be set in the modern day as the start of a new franchise but it's actually a prequel to the original?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Do you think he knows that one video he did mocking Love and Thunders CGI turned a lot of people against him?

Honestly he seems like prime material for the cancel circuit sooner or later, grifting about how he's been silenced or some poo poo.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Open Source Idiom posted:

I've also seen people cite a video where he and Tessa Thompson complain about the quality of CGI on Love And Thunder as being offputting, but also, like, you know, that CG is pretty bad and largely down to decisions above either of their pay grades.

Yeah, the CGI is loving dire, but he chose to mock it at a time that the plight of CGI houses and workers was being reported on a load, and Marvel was at the front of the conversation. It was incredibly tone deaf and it didn't come across as him mocking the process or the decisions, but instead the workers.

Also, he's been openly accused of sleeping with his actors whilst married and their was the candid pictures of him having a threesome with Tessa Thompson and Rita Ora which I think hurt the perception that he was a good guy/ally because at the time it wasn't clear if/why his marriage had ended.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

boy kills world feels like it could be halfway decent fun the way nobody with bob odenkirk was silly fun

but with the voiceover gimmick it feels like it's going to be the most annoying movie ever made

It's had some disastrous test screenings. Apparently it's awful.

I can't remember who it was that has seen it on the forum's but one goon has and he had nothing good to say.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Cassian of Imola posted:

I think mia goth puts a clause in all her contracts that she has to get an unsettling nude scene and this certainly looks like it fits the pattern

Wasn't nude at all in Pearl. A bath scene I think, but nothing on show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Cassian of Imola posted:

top half of this list is cursed

Yeah, everything about this film appeals to me except for the cast.