Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wish it was competing with a Fast & Furious spin-off called Han: A Solo Story.

He's Han Seoul-Oh* lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

I've only seen the trailer and that is maybe the least convincing blind person performance I have ever seen. She doesn't pull it off in even one shot.

Despite all the indicators and hints, it took a second viewing to comprehend that she was actually supposed to be blind as opposed to a woman who can see but is pretending.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ehh. First time I saw one of my favorite films ever was on a phone, a good 5 years ago or more. I was drawn in completely, and now own it in every medium possible, including an extremely limited edition one.

I confidently say I properly, fully, and completely saw the film that first time. I, of course, also got something from subsequent viewings which were not on a phone, but nothing can take away from the experience of a film so long as one is invested.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Idk what Kiimo said but he was probably right.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

kiimo posted:

I said it was a "legit funny and good movie" i think. I was watching the dailies. Never trust the dailies. Peter Dinklage in particular was cracking me up I think.

The one thing in particular I remember laughing at was him, harping about how he's never gonna pay "stupid as balls taxes" or something. He was amusing throughout.

Sandler movies may be bad as a general rule but they're also overly crapped on by people who ostensibly think they're still supposed to be his target audience. Parents and children, the opinions thst matter, probably really enjoyed Pixels.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Hand Knit posted:

It begins with being Jacked for Jesus.

Double-J Jeff Jarrett being Double-J Jacked for Jesus is when I knew the movie was something special.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah let's make a Jungle Book movie that you can't take young kids to, that's a brilliant business decision. :v:

Source materials of many children's properties adapted straight would not be for children, so I see nothing wrong with this in an age of comic heroes and adult fandom. Particularly how well THE JUNGLE BOOK will do seems a good question, but the concept has legs for profit imo.

I'd love to see an adult THE LITTLE MERMAID. There was a fine little adaptation a decade or so back, but a more direct translation would be appreciated.

https://youtu.be/8ToV9bNQV7s

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

gently caress, it's gone :negative:

https://youtu.be/HUW2x1RH7Rk

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Death is his only ticket out of Scientology.

Death is the only way out Scientology, an organization known for its billion-year contracts :allears:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

caligulamprey posted:

Every time an unnamed Youtube link gets posted and it's not the trailer for Mandy, I get really sad. :smith:

Omg. :hfive: BTBR is an absolute favorite and I too have been horny af for a look at it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

So, PREDATORS again?

They run across an original flavor predator, it gets btfo by some bigger badder predator, and becomes a de facto ally to the humans as they fight the new threat?

I'm the guy who actually liked that movie so I dig it. Basically just giving it the PREDATOR 2 treatment by sticking it in a city/town.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

He was fine in it, delivered what he needed and probably exactly what was asked of him. I mean, rip him apart but using that movie as evidence isn't great.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This is one of my most anticipated movies in years, no lie

:cool::respek::cool:

I'm pretty much elated.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://youtu.be/rI054ow6KJk

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

just like gits because gits was a solid movie all in all.....stylish & memorable.

scary ghost dog posted:

alita rules and that movie is gonna be just like gits but with fewer rear end nerds getting mad bc alita never got an adult swim show ten yrs ago lol

Pretty much. GitS was very good, yes, but because it wasn't 80 minutes with 23 of it being the main character staring at a mannequin that looks like her, it's actually bad and has no depth.

ALITA looking quite good. That little bit of a finishing touch it's missing, the difference between the first trailer and this one, the final product should be really spectacular.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The Cameo posted:

“Yo Adrian, we did it.” :unsmith:

I was working in the Boston Common AMC the winter Balboa came out. People would stand during the Rocky/Dixon fight like it was a goddamn real boxing match. Like, the entire theater. More than once. It was surreal.

Did they all clap at the end?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Krankenstyle posted:

So I was as you can guess quite drunk at this point

This is a recall I trust.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

caligulamprey posted:

Was the only reason they rebooted Hellboy instead of letting Del Toro do #3 was that the studio was all WE WANT HELLBOY IN 2.35 and Del Toro was all I WILL DIE BEFORE I SHOOT SCOPE, because it's literally the only reason I can imagine this existing.

...I'm in for Milla Jovovich. :heysexy:

Cost, I recall.

morestuff posted:

That looks surprisingly cheap

:discourse:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the only thing that can stop Marvel's Hasbro GIJoes is People Who Drive Cars

Any time a F&F protagonist gets into a car, they become Iron Man. Seems like a fair fight.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

story I've heard is that some factory worker in China programs one of the dolls to have zero limitations and so poo poo goes awry

:chloe: x69

How insanely far in the realm of science fiction is even just the construction of this mass produced children's toy that it couldn't be stopped immediately with one good swing of a bat or club?

It's basically like saying, "A random factory worker in China turned this one doll into a sentient, evil Iron Man suit."

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

yeah one of my buddies was like "so there's no voodoo magic? well where do they get super strength from?" so I'm hoping the above post about many of them malfunctioning happens but it would also be a hilarious copycat move from what happened in Cult of Chucky

The voodoo/human element really was a big helping of meat in the original, that a lonesome and imaginative boy befriending a toy is far more sinister under the surface where we see a helpless child become manipulated and tortured by a serial killer.

I'm not saying this new movie is trying to be the original wrt themes and events, etc., but that aspect lent heavily into stopping Chucky, both the horror and the urgency, as well as suspending disbelief as it's well established that exceedingly few mortal restrictions still apply to Charles Lee Ray.

Idk. If the different origin pans out to be correct, they can still manage something good but it seems nuts to-

Hollismason posted:

It's because of rights issues that theyr even able to make a reboot. They had to change the story because of that

Oh, nevermind that thought lol Fingers crossed they get it right to some meaningful measure!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Frozen teaser too intense and traumatic, y'all.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

Link to his terrible views? You can't just spew it and not back it up.

Blind item on some gossip site, probably.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BonoMan posted:

That was just a straight CGI double right? Not the actual de-aging CGI that is used now (and is pretty good) which augments the real footage.

Yeah. And you guy's thought the Superman mustache removal was janky? Try doing it 7 years earlier with entirety of The Dude's beard.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I came across this a while back and was super impressed-

https://youtu.be/-hPBt7ICpLQ

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

Let us examine Singer's incredible direction in this scene of X-Men 5

Magneto shows up to gently caress poo poo up cuz he mad

people scared. Oh poo poo, what's he gonna say!??

the big speech begins

Oh.

what is the focal point in this scene?

I mean, thematically it's really easy to explain.

Magneto until this point had been reformed. Part of a community, has a family, etc. But then his community stabbed him in the back, his family is murdered, and he himself kills a bunch of people.

Prior when we saw Magneto at work, it was all normally composed, him part of the hustle and bustle. When we see him again, as Magneto returns to kill his community and those he may well have considered his friends, it's lit harshly in red, the cameras are off like his perspective, and there's an incredibly strong emphasis that he walks alone, that he is no longer part of what is happening in this place, that his life is now devoid of life.

Apocalypse and co. appearing behind him tells us that they're with Magneto and he no longer walks alone, while maintaining that everything is off-kilter.

Now... I don't presume to know what Bryan loving Singer is ever thinking about anything ever, nor is this an implication that the choices were good or the best available, but none of it is a stretch. :shrug:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRwBVYjUBOc

YouTube link if you don't want to watch it the lovely Twitter way.

Tbqh the worse the picture, the more tolerable it is to look at.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

caligulamprey posted:

The rumor a couple months back was that the next live action Disney remake was going to be The Nightmare Before Christmas, which sounds like such a bad idea that I wouldn’t be surprised if it was nonsense and never in the cards to begin with already shooting and has a teaser ready to go.

Same.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

the characters weren’t actually biologically related, but if that’s the best defense you have

Otoh, not being of blood relation to a person is ostensibly the absolute best defense there is against an accusation of incest.

VVVVVVVVV There are absolutely some atypical dynamics at play there, and it seems wholly reasonable to find those icky. The definition of "incest" from multiple sources seems to be relations to anyone so closely related that marriage is prohibited. Step-siblings wouldn't definitively apply but all things being fair, many if not most would probably agree with you.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 6, 2019

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Thaddius the Large posted:

If that counts, so does Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

It doesn't. Neither does.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

teagone posted:

The only way I see them topping Hobbs and Shaw is if they bring back Han as a cyborg and he's tasked with bringing all the past Fast and Furiosers together — heroes and villains — to fight off an alien invasion together.

Seoul-Oh: A Car Wars Story

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Hard accept.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Calico Heart posted:

I find it hard to believe that Paramount/Sega just decided to cough up another $10 million (or whatever) on this film.

If $10M is the difference between "Hard pass" and "morbid curiosity," I'd think they'd make that deal all day long. :shrug:

And last I'd heard, Carrey's price had plummeted. Still probably a more expensive alternative to other potentials, but still.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

pretty sure that the result would be mass starvation due to supply chains being unable to adjust to a doubling of the population overnight and a catastrophic housing shortage.

No no no, The Avengers saved the day. They didn't take Thanos' dubious truth and make it an indisputable, nighmarish reality purely out of ego. They are the good guys and they saved lives and everything is back to normal and resources aren't a concern. Thank you.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Retrowave Joe posted:

The new Terminator: Dark Fate trailer is up. I’m excited to see Mackenzie Davis, Linda Hamilton, and Arnold. Other than that, eh.

I want to talk about how GENISYS was a scathing critique of the franchise in all of its subversions (Sarah is soft and kept, Kyle is having to be dragged through the plot, John is literally Skynet, and so on) and was actually p.good for it, and this new DARK FATE looks terrible by comparison... but I'm not going to.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Gotta say that the weird inflatable plastic aesthetic of all pixar and pixar-influenced animation from the last 20 years looks extemely crap, and I think the supplanting of cel-animation techniques by grotesque CG homogenaeity is a loving shame. An entire generation lost to lovely animation.

:same:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Halfway through all I’m thinking “did Tom Cruise really loving learn how to actually fly a jet fighter for this?” The takeoff and the flight over the mountains looked so real.

https://youtu.be/Um0aZKbpe1Y

Given the whole "turn the cameras inward on Tom as he legitimately pilots a helicopter" thing from MI, I'd put money on those shots being genuine.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

That is a travesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, THAT Fred Durst? The Limp Bizkit guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOSQS8NJQps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87CHuqZ930Q