Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Mamma Lucia posted:

Mortgage ads while I pump gas, awesome!

I see you have an auto loan, would you like to accrue even more substantial debt in the name of conspicuous spending?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/01/corporate-logo-font-typeface-digital-studio/

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
They'll be long gone before any class action lawsuits even get to settlement/trial so I guess anything goes until then.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Outrail posted:

$45,000 for the housekeeping agency, $30,000 for the housekeeper.

$20,000 to the housekeeping agency
$15,000 to the housekeeper
$40,000 in hush money for the illegitimate child

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I think he just means that you should represent yourself as you are at all times which is how he justifies spending all his time in a gimp suit.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Census bureau too - FYI they're furloughed

(Expect for the folks running the 2020 decennial census since it's the mandated part)

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Outrail posted:

The former Apple lawyer who was supposed to keep employees from insider trading has been charged with insider trading

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/13/sec-files-insider-trading-lawsuit-against-former-apple-lawyer.html

One job!
Okay!
Your job is to stop corruption, specially insider trading!
Okay!
What are you doing?!
Insider trading!

Takes one to know one

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Screaming Idiot posted:

So it's like a fauxlva.

More like a sham-el toe

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Newest Lifehack - Engage in Rent-Seeking Behavior!

Alucard has issued a correction as of 00:31 on Apr 26, 2019

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Serf posted:

mutts are the superior animal to purebreeds in every way imaginable

You say that but you can't get mutts that have the Habsburg jaw.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Look if you aren't getting them into the most prestigious puppy training school by the time they're 1, you're basically already resigning them to a future as a junkyard dog. That's why I paid half a million dollars to a fixer who secured my purebred but dumb as a rock American Staffordshire Terrier an acceptance to UC Barkley

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

if they're already rich and retired then why would they give a gently caress about moving somewhere with a lower income tax

Because gently caress you got mine, that's why.

They're probably trying to minimize their contribution to the place that allowed them to proliferate now that all their income is passive and not geographically restricted. Frankly I'm surprised they didn't peace out to another country that just doesn't tax non citizen residents.

Alucard has issued a correction as of 22:29 on May 9, 2019

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

fart store posted:

i guess i just think it's weird to get pissed about that particular thing when literally almost any other beverage for sale is worse in almost every way except the aesthetic of the package. getting all lathered up about the theoretical hipster you're imagining annoying you at a show you're not at by drinking water yes indeed

I'm always put at a certain level of unease by Zephyrhills water because it sounds too much like a bacterium that will kill you.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Lambert posted:

Billion dollar idea: A smart thermos with an app!

Sorry, already been done:
https://ember.com/products/ember-travel-mug

Ember Website posted:

Enjoy your coffee or tea longer with the world’s first temperature control smart mug. Designed to be used on the go, the Ember Travel Mug allows you to set your precise drinking temperature. Ember will maintain that temperature for approximately two hours, so your hot beverage is perfect from the first sip to the last drop, wherever you are.

Adjust the temperature by rotating the dial at the base of the mug, or pair with the Ember app to set your desired drinking temperature.

12 fl. oz
Approx. 2 hour battery life, or all day on charging coaster
Temperature range: 120°F - 145°F

And it's only $150!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
If only we can find a way to monetize money...

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Bombadilillo posted:

That's a bad thing said God. In the old testament

"God is dead. Drink Coca-Cola."

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Also, the only sauce that belongs on a hot dog is Kranch©. If you put any other sauce on there you are literally an incel. Approach me :colbert:

I'm just waiting for them to release the ultimate condiment combination of relish and mustard and its inevitably unfortunate name.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm opening up an etsy store that sells eco-friendly, reusable and safe alternative to paper, plastic, and metal straws that are made out of varnished animal baculums.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Lambert posted:

Is this Utah beers?

Also, remember when everybody was in an uproar about "Hooch" back in the 90s?

Yeah I was vehemently in the "Turner" camp.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48882195

quote:

Work is the main source of a meaningful existence for most people. A mother or dad might be occupied bringing up children for a couple of decades but that doesn't last forever.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I hope one day my corporate overlord eulogizes the profits I made the zaibatsu at my funeral.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Missed opportunity in not naming either Apricums. I feel like one of them is undoubtedly as good as the original Robocop, and the other is as bad as Cain when he becomes Robocop 2.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Is there no "services" section of craigslist anymore? Because that used to be the best place to advertise for people who were willing to come to your house and murder you for only a small fee.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Glad to see that crypto is finally making its way to timeshares.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

I like the fact that this isn't marked as an advertisement. Also that the staff made the intern have the byline on the blatant sellout move.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

The Bloop posted:

demand for marginally useful apps is entirely inelastic, so this checks out

What app did you use to find that out?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Sauernoggin's tool is just speeding up ocean acidification so he's no hero either.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Grevling posted:

There are definitely good sides to those delivery services but under capitalism it seems like it'll just end up as a kind of high tech servant system where more and more people's jobs are just making the lives of the wealthy more comfortable and convenient.

I thought these services were mainly in place to make middle income people feel like they're wealthy to prevent them from revolting against actually wealthy people.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm really hoping it ends up primarily going to provide loans to small businesses because that's assistance and not investment clearly.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

thehoodie posted:

North America is really serious about butter/margarine. In Canada, a legal case about margarine is the foundation of criminal law for the whole country.

Torte law has since spread across many other cultures.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

boar guy posted:

like you mother fucker i haven't missed a rent payment and you haven't spent a loving cent on maintenance in 13 years. the least you could do is wait 6 months

gently caress

Maybe the person he's selling to will be gracious enough to give you the same privilege of paying his mortgage, but at a higher rate and lower upkeep.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

I've already put in my preorder deposit on the new CyberChips

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

The Bloop posted:

I have the internet printed out and passed to me through a slot in the wall

I like to think of it more as a series of glory tubes

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Other headline which is just as infuriating: "It's not just renters. Landlords are struggling, too"

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
We bought a car (new) recently and it wasn't nearly as painful as most of these descriptions. Tried to get as best of an impression of the invoice price, asked for quotes on in stock inventory from places with a note that they had one shot to give me their best offer including all details of our the door price. Some folks never have me anything less than MSRP, others got back a decent number of reasonable responses.

I had a couple of dipshits try to tell me they could get me a better deal if I come in, and I told them if they can't promise it in writing then I am not bothering to go in. One guy told me he could have done $500 better than the deal I got if I'd worked with him, and I simply let him know he'd have gotten the business if he'd been paying attention to my original request.

Being within 20 miles of like 10 of the same manufacturer dealerships, COVID, and end of the year I think got me a lot more leeway than others might normally get though.

Alucard has issued a correction as of 00:29 on Apr 1, 2021

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Shame Boy posted:

He's real life iron man!!!!

I think he's more Batman, his main superpower is inheriting a bunch of wealth.

Also because I feel like this didn't get enough love earlier...

Alucard has issued a correction as of 15:48 on Apr 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

The Nastier Nate posted:

We all knew water futures was only a matter of time.

Next up, air futures