Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Spread the disease, sell the cure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

Give my rent check to business daddy!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

Their response to people being all "what the gently caress" is great

https://twitter.com/EPCSheriff/status/1466893200962977794

Beep boop santa correlates to December

Santa now going into peoples house armed which means legally you can kill him. We can finally achieve peak America and gun down Kris Kringle on Christmas

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

We’ve received reports homeless people are sleeping in Central Park so we will be dropping Agent Orange via helicopter over the entire area tonight around 8:00PM. Please keep your windows closed during this time, thank you

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I know someone who, when they stop at an intersection where someone is asking for money, leaves lots of room between them and the car in front of them. Then when the person comes to their window to show them a sign or whatever, they've got room to pull forward to get away from the person. It's a lot of work just to not give somebody money.

Yeah but if you don’t do that you might have to interact with a homeless and see they’re human! The horror! Then I might need to confront what about me being comfy in a system that constantly cranks out a homeless population says about me and our society at large! You want me to spoil my brunch like that?!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

Is roblox like minecraft where I can tear it all down?

It was a knock off of Blockland, a knock off Lego game. It’s since morphed into Child Exploitation: The Game where kids are tricked by adults to make virtual items they then sell in the game to other children while Roblox skims off the top of every transaction. Letting companies make virtual company towns to get kids loyal to their brands just seems like the next logical step point in exploiting kids :laffo:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Opened Reddit and got this ad. “Funeral chapels point-of-sale” :laffo:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

Is that Ashey the Ash Sprite

I think it’s supposed to be a cloud because it’s a cloud payment thing but at first I thought it was a ghost or cloud of human ashes since it was holding a loving urn

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Toss me into a loving volcano, please

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:smug: Look at these old prudes who don’t wanna gently caress their tax forms heh

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Remember how egg prices were being cited by every media outlet of how inflation was out of control because the peasants had too much money so we need to raise their interest rates to make them lose jobs? Just like every other “Prices are high because inflation :qq:” turns out the biggest egg producer in the US just reported a record over 700% profit increase!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The “young blood transfusion = eternal youth and life” thing isn’t even new. Royalty and nobles for thousands of years used to believe this poo poo too. Techbros think they’ve cracked the code because there’s fancy buzz words to dress it up

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Economist asking the big, important questions like “Are the proles taking enough drugs to keep their productivity high?”

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Okay, okay yes, inflation is being driven by corporations squeezing people dry and not because workers had too much money. So sure, we curb stomped your savings using the fed and crushed your wages. But have you thought about how our greed is actually good for Number?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

MarketWatch letting everyone know kids starting to work in meatpacking plants at age 8 until the day they die is a really good thing, actually

Dr. VooDoo has issued a correction as of 21:12 on Jun 8, 2023

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ekuNNN posted:

Doctors Remove Woman’s Brain Implant Against Her Will

https://futurism.com/neoscope/brain-implant-removed-consent

Oh hey cool we’re making Repo! The Genetic Opera a real thing now

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

A poster too perfect for this world RIP

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

I'm the "company that owns the rights to the Titanic wreck"

Just owning the rights to a mass grave site in international waters somehow no biggie

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

blatman posted:

so are they shutting down or are they hiring writers off of fiverr for each article or what

They effectively only want the name for some stuff on their streaming service. National Geographic will exist as a subsidy of Disney but it won’t actually do anything

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

America Christianity is alll about creating a power structure, National or on the local level. They create a hierarchy they all fight tooth and nail against each other to climb while creating a group they use to place a boot on the neck of a designated other who becomes less human than the in group. It isn’t some weird mutation that they easily went all in on Trump and fascism, it’s a natural evolution

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ekuNNN posted:

from the NYT

If you wanna contribute to the rising deaths of despair for millennials go hog wild, the debt dies with you

-The New York Times

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

And it’s not that the machine is doing a better job. His only metric of “better” is the machine closed out a bunch of tickets instantly. It’s actually actively worse for everyone involved but him. A human customer service rep might try to help out more than they’re trained to do because of basic human empathy. A machine isn’t going to do that. It’s only metric by this guys own admission is how quickly it can close a ticket which means it’s going to do the least possible help because that’s the quickest path towards closing a ticket

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This morning I was doing some vacuuming and slammed my toe into the bed frame, it’s because the bed is woke I call it the bud light of beds

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Every little possible moment of joy or fun must be monetized, no matter how minuscule

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ad cookies are definitely at least given with Chinese takeout. I got one from my local restaurant about three weeks back

quote:

In incredible depressing news from the UK: Imagine caring so much about your boss not missing out on a few quid that you loving close the bus doors on a little old grandma (and drag her under the wheels of your bus)

Maybe just make public transportation loving free to everyone, than you wouldn’t have bus drivers needing to be judges in if granny needs to die for not paying to ride

Dr. VooDoo has issued a correction as of 15:56 on Jul 28, 2023

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

starkebn posted:

moving fast and breaking things

Just Eat now introduces the power recharge evening! You see, our workers now have the ability to stop working around five in the afternoon and not work all the way until 8 in the morning the next day. It’s very innovative as only a tech startup can be

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.newsweek.com/investors-calling-maui-wildfire-victims-buy-their-land-1819600

:laffo: can’t even wait for all the bones to be found, gotta strike while the shock is still fresh

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Blockade posted:

has anyone met anyone that talks like this irl?

unrelated pic:

I didn’t know Bruce Tinsley had another cartoon besides Mallard Filmore

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

lmao if you play new video games, and lol if you play video games at all. video games are capitalism.exe

What about if it’s a video game made and published by the workers who created it, who own their means of production?

:lol: that in the early 2010s all the computer touchers smugly bought into the whole “unions are for lesser people” talk their bosses fed them and now half of them are being worked 12 hours a day with constant crunch

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Elderbean posted:

Its not just that google has gotten shittier, the average website has too. Everything is designed around mobile devices now so all text has to be broken up into 2 sentence chunks with ads wedged in between them and you have to scroll forever to find the relevant bits of information. Even with adblockers the amount of page space dedicated to ads is ugly as sin.

Pretty much every recipe website is now unusable due to this. Instead of just giving you a recipe each one needs an essay with a grandiose background for the recipe so they shove as many ads as they can to you before you even get to the ingredients list

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

Amazon has gotten worse to the point where I can't find products I know I've bought from them before unless I know the exact name, size etc.

This is why comixology is nearly unusable now. Amazon bought them and then after firing the entire staff wanted to try and cross market as much as possible. So now when you’re in the app that only does comic books, you’ll get a bunch of kindle books in your library if you’ve ever bought an ebook in Amazon instead of just your comics and when you search for a comic to buy you’ll get kindle books mixed in as well as sponsored listings for not even e-reader poo poo like lamps and stuff. And this is after they had to change it because when they first merged it with the rest of their stuff searching like Spider-Man would return three pages of items you could buy before you even got to comics on page four

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The tonearm doesn't have a pickup lmao.

that’s so you can get the pure sound of vinyl

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Panfilo posted:

Isn't this what they always say about agitating for better working conditions? "they'll just get automated out of a job!"
https://twitter.com/TheRabbitHole84/status/1702788586385637474?t=40-hY-puIQQQAvby5N9nsg&s=19

:laffo: if it was possible to automate these jobs, the capitalist class already would have. The rich don’t hire workers just to be nice.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Bald Stalin posted:

My understanding is the big euro and us car makers have acknowledged ev is the future but decided on shorter time profits in combustibles and then death to ev later. It's gonna be brutal, but maybe I'm wrong

US car makers are betting on the infrastructure not gaining enough ground to support EVs outside of blue cities and through their lobbying and lobbying of gas companies they’re probably right. One thing that’s not mentioned is that because the lobbying has politicized EVs so much for right-wingers, charging stations in deep red areas are constantly vandalized so people will pull up to charging stations with smashed screens and the charging connectors cut off

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

STEM academics are the most likely people I’ve encounter who will smugly poo poo on anyone that doesn’t computer touch and will say anyone who didn’t get a STEM degree or wants to be an artist deserves nothing but crushing poverty. I’m not shocked they’re the first ones to try and go scab

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It’s also the first program or study right wingers demand be discontinued at a college or university because it’s tainting young minds with COMMUNISM and CULTURAL MARXISM and isn’t a real education

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Palladium posted:

wait periods measured in months?

The doctor who my mother saw for her thyroid up and retired without telling her so when her thyroid medication came due the pharmacy couldn’t get a refill. We spent an entire day calling doctors and of the few who were even taking new patients, the soonest she could be seen was 8 months.

Dr. VooDoo has issued a correction as of 06:43 on Jan 16, 2024

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

RandolphCarter posted:

I miss renting games from blockbuster

I miss renting movies. Being able to just pick out random horror movies and watch them was a blast. Streaming services loving suck now

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

All my dogs have been rescue dogs and they’ve always been wonderful and loving plus they’ve lived longer than all the pure breds I’ve known. Turns out letting nature do its nature thing might be better than inbreeding animals over and over for the sake of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’m all for euthanasia for people with painful, terminal illness because it’s real hosed our current capitalist system will put people into agony to the point of needing to keep them permanently in a morphine induced coma so their loved ones can watch them wither and struggle full of tubes for a few months then charge the surviving family hundreds of thousands of dollars for that privilege but I also don’t trust it being a thing in that same system because it would 100% be pushed by insurance carriers while denying other treatments for actually curable illness for the sole purpose of saving money and used by hospital corporations against the poor and uninsured