Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Big oof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

wait until this guy finds out how much radiation pollution comes from coal plants

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

silicone thrills posted:

THE FACT THAT EVERY loving CLIMATE ARTICLE IS COUCHED IN THIS LANGUAGE MAKES ME WANT TO loving DIE.

THE JOBS AND THE MONEY ARE NOT THE loving PROBLEM

edit: ah gently caress this isn't the climate change thread. poo poo. whatever. gently caress it all. gently caress everything

I mean in a way its related

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Lawlicaust posted:

A buddy in the Bronx barely got out alive last night. Basement apartment but not in a really low area. Around midnight water rushed in and rapidly filled his place. He only had time to grab his cat and get out. By the time he got out, the water was at his chest. He lost literally everything except his cat and his phone.
Buy him an account and have him request goonfund

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Droughts over :)

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

setfiretothecouch posted:

Pretty serious flooding at the soltan sea, that's gotta be a biochemical disaster of sorts right?
Its basically been a biochemical disaster since the 90s. Its a man made lake full of ag runoff

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Looks like Mexicos problem

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

tater_salad posted:

Had someone in Texas explainin that their electric company turned off their AC for several hours yesterday because they checked the box about allowing the power Co to adjust your thermostat for energy demands.

Capitalism.
My parents had a similar thing going when they lived in Central California. Im not sure if the company had that much control tho

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Stereotype posted:

also black rock city got a bunch of rain so gate road is closed and there's a driving ban till tomorrow at noon, rip build week

Good, gently caress em

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

ELTON JOHN posted:

seems like presidential visits are a massive waste of time money and resources

Otoh the trump throwing paper towels segment was one of the funniest things ever produced

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Zokari posted:

its only 75 degrees where i am so this all sounds like fake news

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

TehSaurus posted:

gently caress yeah masa rules

also the chicken and beef and almost everything else you eat is made from corn or corn byproducts irrespective of consumptive fitness

No bitch I got that local grass fed cows

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Is this the dew point/ wet bulb explained thread?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

TehSaurus posted:

remind me what kind of plant corn is again

Grass fed is an industry term that specifically excludes corn, dingus. Learn2beef

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The real dew points are the wet bulbs we made along the way

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Rauros posted:

most "grass fed" cows are finished on corn. less than 1% is grass finished.

Not where I am bitch

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I live at an elevation higher then the highest point in Delaware. I live on a 90ft high hill by the bay lol

Edit i was very wrong, the lowest high points are still like 300+ ft

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Happy that my tiny spot remains consistently yellow

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

So the medditerranean climate areas in the states got a shitload of rain, now in Europe they'll get a shitload...does this extend to the Caspian? Is the southern hemisphere getting stuff like this/did they already?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Zeroisanumber posted:

I know South America got absolutely roasted over their winter

Is this roasted in a hot way or roasted in an intense storm way

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Weird way to say 6'8 but ok

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Platystemon posted:

Are ~1% of humans who have ever lived your wife?

Theyre quite the polygamist

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Eason the Fifth posted:

Just don't live near water, jeez

I'm very thankful I went from living by a marsh at sea level to living on a hill.

This was a king tide down the street from my old place

titty_baby_ has issued a correction as of 01:45 on Sep 6, 2023

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

corona familiar posted:

forget measuring rainfall in inches, how many inches of mosquitoes do you get per day there

A fuckload but its not too bad if you have screens or keep moving

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The Glumslinger posted:

IDK, I grew up in LA and the start of pumpkin spice season is traditionally when LA is at its hottest due to the Santa Ana winds in the early fall

Yeah growing up in California September is always just as lovely/worse then the rest of summer. It seems like fall really starts on Halloween if anything

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The valley is roughly 10 meters across and the bridge is very small and for toddlers and wildlife

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Petey posted:

I read something from a “weather enthusiast” on twitter last night that Lee might get so strong it plows through and changes the trough. does that make any sense at all

Why not? It might get so strong anything could happen. It might get so strong it reverses the earth's orbit and we go back in time

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Hillary Clinton is using HAARP to cover up her crime
S

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Odonata posted:

Help me understand something, oh mighty weather nerds:
Normal summertime thunderstorms in New England are a wall of cells moving roughly west to east. This summer we keep getting flood events because the storms are stationary. Right now I've got a storm parked a few miles west of me that's put out 6 inches of rain in the last hour on a very small region. We've seen this time and again this year. On the radar maps it looks like an atmospheric geyser- a focused red or purple blob of heavy rain with green whisps of lighter rain trailing off to the east just staying put for a couple of hours.

What causes these stationary thunderstorms & floods to form instead of our normal fast moving ones?

God

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

smoobles posted:

earthquakes aren't weather

mods???

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I'm in a pretty good place..
Not that many people, lots of game and fishing and ag and pastures, plentiful water resources, and our power grid already has the capability to sever from the rest of the state and just power local areas

So of course ill be eaten by cannibals within 2 days

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Thats the plot of midsommar

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

We broke a daily record for rain on Monday and someone in the story comments on the local paper was accusing the white house of manipulating the weather

It was a daily record that was broke, and it was 1.5 inches lol

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I just learned about medditerranean climates...its crazy the government has been controlling the weather around Europe and Africa for thousands of years

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

They have to keep up appearances

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

MODS

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

dr_rat posted:

I remember El Nino used to be cool :colbert:

It was cool when I used to live in socal.

Now here I'm sort of in the in between region where it always seems it could go either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

SirPablo posted:

Here's the average MSLP for the northern hemisphere in January and July. In the winter there is the Icelandic Low (partially covering Hudson Bay) then you typically get the Aleutian Low. Siberia is a huge landmass so in the winter a massive, high pressure COLD DOME develops. Summertime you see a lot of low pressure over the Eurasia landmass due to upward motion associated with solar heating, then the big high pressure systems over the Pacific and Atlantic due to the water being relative colder than the landmasses (thus serving as an atmospheric sink).

ProfessorBooty posted:

God drat earth is horny af