Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If you're hoping for Dragon Quest 11 on Switch any time soon, it's still going to take a while. Like to the point where the devs are telling people to just play it on PC and/or PS4 now because it's going to take a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

LEGEND OF LEGAIA HD REMAKE WHEN

Legaia 1 was made and published under Sony control so uhhh you gotta ask them for that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, after watching release footage from the game and hearing great word of mouth I would have plunked down the cash for SMP and a year of Nintendo Online if I could play with my friends who are on the other side of the country now. Instead I'm trying to work Parsec on my computer so we can all try and play Mario Party 3 together.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

Add the Splatoon 2 map intro to Super Mario Party.

Add Splatoon 2 to Super Mario Party!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Pumpkin pie rules.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Take time to be a dad.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Over There posted:

Do you not need the toy?

You can use the toy for fast swapping the ships and other such stuff, but if you have the digital version you can apparently swap through in-game menus. You're pretty much paying extra to have a fun little Star Fox toy.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

NMS Next is how the game should have launched and really propels it into being something fun and exciting (if you like that kind of game). Unfortunately it took like 2 years to get to that point after launch sooooo...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

SettingSun posted:

The only Amiibo I see in stores nowadays are ones nobody wants. Seems like it's negatively reinforcing.

Nintendo's huge push for Animal Crossing Amiibo to go along with Happy Home Academy and New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo was the worst thing. Whenever I go to any place that sells Amiibo, I'd wager at least half of the Amiibo on display are overstocked Animal Crossing characters that aren't the big popular ones like Isabelle, K.K Slider, and Nook. They should have just made the Isabelle Amiibo and relegated even more of those characters to Amiibo Card exclusivity, because as you said all I ever see are like Lotties and Blathers'. I knew it got bad when some retailers were doing buy 1 get 3 free deals exclusively for Animal Crossing Amiibo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

No, no one said that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dragon Quest's English localization has been on point with rhyming for years now, as they've had quite a lot of practice with it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

I will say that in BotW, trekking all the way up that snowy mountain, worrying about cold protection potion timers and health refills, then chasing that red dragon around the region with the hang glider and shooting it with arrows in slow-motion was one of the best gaming moments I’ve had in the past 10 years or so. It was completely magical.

Yeah. Looking back on BOTW there's a lot about it I really disliked but that one setpiece was incredibly high quality and struck me as almost Shadow of the Colossus-caliber in scale and I loved it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Barudak posted:

I am extremely aware and that incentive has all the significance of "the last bullet in a clip deals double damage" does on gun usage behavoir in a shooter.

I have to wonder why some shooters have this mechanic because there's never really a situation where I'm like "hmm I could reload after killing this bad guy so I've got a full clip ready for the next encounter/these guys I haven't killed yet buuuuut"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Those pigs rule as they teach you a valuable lesson really quickly.

Never underestimate an enemy.

I always enjoy the fact that one of the most threatening enemies in Dark Souls 1 are a bunch of dumpy-rear end lookin' mushrooms. They will gently caress you up if you get near, and you see them and are like "Oh look I bet they're really easy!"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dunno if it's been posted here but at the moment the prospect of a Xenoblade Chronicles X port on Switch doesn't sound very good.

quote:

"Well, the future at present is unclear," Takahashi says, which is the same answer I received when I ask about the possibility of a Xenoblade Chronicles 3. "Personally speaking, I'd love to play the game on the Switch, but it would be really difficult to make it."

When it comes to roadblocks that stand in the way of Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Switch, Takahashi's answer is simple.

"Money," he laughs. "It's a massive game. Re-creating it would be really difficult."

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

I'd rather get an HD remaster of Xenoblade Chronicles over a port of XCX that has zero things changed. There's a good game somewhere in XCX but it's deep down and requires the former team to have a long hard fuckin think about how to fix the myriad of poo poo in it

Same. I love Xenoblade Chronicles much more than XCX or XC2 and while I already own it on Wii and New 3DS I'd love a modern HD updated version on Switch.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Frankston posted:

Why are Hotline Miami 1 & 2 not on the Switch yet

Devolver Digital's busy HD remastering Metal Wolf Chaos on PC/PS4/XB1 and I guess no one else wants to step up and do a Switch port.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

xenogears remaster WHEN goddamnit this entire year has been xenogears fanservice from square but no loving remaster

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

TBH I'd settle for being able to use the PS1 Classic I already bought and used on my PSP/PS3/Vita on my PS4 but I figured dang with it being the 20th anniversary and SE doing all these fanservice things and crossovers and remastered soundtracks (also inexplicably released on PS4) that maybe they planned to put the drat thing out on a modern platform. I know Konami just went "gently caress it" and ported the PSP versions of SotN and Rondo to PS4 rather than remaster them in HD, and I'd take that level of effort from Square-Enix.

Tae posted:

It wasn't gutted. Gutted means they took stuff out.

The original plan was to just end at disk 1. Disk 2 was when they decided to last-minute finish the game.

Yeah I read that Kotaku interview and afterwards I was glad we got disc 2 in any capacity, because that game ending on disc 1 would have been a huge dumb cliffhanger with no resolution. I found it pretty funny though that Type-0 all those years later would basically re-use the entire last act of Xenogears beat for beat.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

psylent posted:

I've got Dark Souls II sitting unplayed in my Steam library, think I got it in a Humble Bundle at some point. Is it an improvement over the original? Should I bother going back to the original?

All 5 of the Souls games are different in many ways and there's definitely reasons to play every one of them. You can play both!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The only post-Anor Londo area I dislike is yeah Lost Izalith because it's blatantly unfinished but the rest of it is fine. Some of it is kinda short and disappointing in scope like the area running up to Nito but coming off of Demon's Souls where every world final boss was a gimmick puzzle battle I was fine with it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Luisfe posted:

Latria and the Valley are unsurpassed in their respective atmospheres and how they FEEL. It is outstanding.

Latria is so drat good that From Software spent the following 4 games trying to re-create that magic and came up short every time. IMO they came close with Bloodborne's clock tower but that prison in 3 was way too on the nose.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah there's bundles for Diablo and Smash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE5je2uG8v4

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

DQ Builders 2 coming overseas next year.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So I guess this is their last big info blowout before release?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Your Computer posted:

I'm glad Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a terrible game because it certainly looks like one with how they butchered the character design.

It's so bad. XB2 may be mechanically miles ahead of the original but good lord I can't stand to look at a majority of its cast.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'd probably be happier with XB2's character design if it had XB1's fun costume switching deal where you equip different gear for different looks but instead Nintendo figured out you can just sell that as DLC. It blew me away when I played XB1 and it brought up some flashbacks and the game actually remembered that costumes my characters were wearing when those cutscenes originally happened. Now that's some attention to detail!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Feenix posted:

I just tuned in, is the Direct or Treehouse right now just a lot of narrated Pokémon stuff? Is the other stuff up as a video yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpuBNp27jVw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_D8pzASxyw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WShCN-AYHqA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fccgHnBQ0YM

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Al Borland Corpse posted:

SN30 Pro is $50(usually can find it for 40) and drat good. Has gyro and rumble.

A new one released yesterday is Hycarus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEwHxrC0Mo

Which is $30 Bluetooth and has gyro and rumble. It's serviceable and more like a dual shock 4.

Both share the same flaw though, they can't wake the system from sleep.

Finally there is the PowerA Avanced wireless which is 40 or 50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owd57VBLqnM

It has no rumble or gyro, but what it DOES have is two programmable bumpers on the back, and it's officially licensed and the only third party controller I know of that can wake the system from sleep.

8BitDo is also releasing a new version of the SN30 Pro this Holiday season called the "SN30 Pro+" which is shaped like a Dualshock (Page 11/14/17 for different color versions).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Ineffiable posted:

From software seems to have the closest relationship with Playstation (they get an exclusive vr game) and I firmly believe that one of the next projects after sekiro will be an armored core project, which I see being on ps4 and Xbox one.

Yeah, Armored Core has been confirmed like three times now in varying ways and they're practically begging their fanbase to hold on at this point while releasing huge soundtrack compilations and doing hype work. I'd put money down on their next big studio project post-Sekiro being AC.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

King Crab posted:

Is mutant league a management game or do you control the players?

I dunno any football rules but I do love me some management sims.

It's an arcade football game (it has a tutorial) but the new PC/PS4/XB1 update and Switch release added a Dynasty mode where you can manage a team.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Salsa rules

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

jivjov posted:

Has Katamari been officially deemed a GameStop exclusive when I wasn't looking or something? It hasn't popped up for preorder anywhere else, but I can't find any indication that its intended to be exclusive.

I don't think so. GameStop typically includes their exclusivity stuff in the title of the product on their website, like this one here but Katamari doesn't seem to have that.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Too much effort for Masuda to bother figuring out a cute gimmick for an Amiibo when kids today play on their phones!!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Motto posted:

last I saw there were attacks that amounted to a model shifting up and down in place

Yeah, they look really bad. There's a bunch of videos out there comparing how the old N64 games did Pokemon animations compared to Let's Go and it makes Let's Go look so primitive.

https://i.imgur.com/kY7XgiF.gifv

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

BlazetheInferno posted:

As greedy and lovely as Nintendo can be, they still manage to be among the least-lovely big-name people in the gaming industry.

Which is a little depressing.

I got a little depressed when I read yesterday about Nintendo being really tough on gamers with disabilities, to the point where they "repeatedly declined" to work with an organization helping to create adapters for the new Xbox Adaptive Controller (a controller designed for people with disabilities) so other platforms can use it. It's weird to think that Apple and Sony, kings of walled garden proprietary mindsets, went "yeah okay let's help the disabled and support the Xbox controller" and apparently Nintendo's like no thanks.

Elderbean posted:

Nintendo and Sony could just release something like a raspberry pi with internal emulators and a steam based service and it would make tons of money, but they want to resell fake version of old consoles with a few games.

I really miss the era of Virtual Console and PS1 Classics.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rom is a good boy and real and my friend, Rom's spiders are jerks and bullies and the ones that jumps are even worse.

The real jerks are the ones that hang out in the church and the chalice dungeons. Dumbass red ones.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

DetoxP posted:

Is there a real Mahjong game on the switch or is it all just solitaire?

I want to pung on these haters, as the kids say

I haven't tried it but apparently there is.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Heath posted:

Just release every goddamn R-Type. Delta doesn't get enough love, that game is great.

edit: If you need an R-Type fix, Neo Geo Pulstar is available and is only 8 bucks. It's very similar to R-Type, by which I mean it is basically identical in a lot of ways, except that your not-Force is anchored to your ship and acts more like a shield.

IREM really sucks and is bad about re-releasing stuff on new platforms because they got the Pachinko bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Warframe's devs have said they can't do cross-play because of the varying update versions between the existing platforms (PC gets theirs first and faster, PS4 and Xbox can be multiple revisions behind for months) and the in-game trade system (focused around a currency which is earned in-game or paid for with real money) is handled differently between PC and the consoles.