Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

iddqd posted:

I pre-ordered Daemon x Machina on Amazon the day it was made available and just received an email that due to lack of availability my pre-order has been cancelled. I'm guessing there is some sort of supply issue with this game that Amazon was just made aware of?

This happened to me as well. I'm annoyed, it was one of the last prime discounts I was going to take advantage of.

Can't imagine a supply issue exists when the game isn't even done...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Best part of the sprits reveal was Snake just hiding in a cardboard box until a laser hit him.

Loved Subspace's bonkers cutscenes, if those are back this campaign will be perfect.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

FYI there’s a bunch of games on sale in the eshop that nintendo didn’t list in the sale page for some reason. At a glance, Rayman Legends, I am Setsuna, Voez, Final Fantasy theatrhythm. I don’t think the main sale page had Titan Quest, Monopoly, or Lego City Undercover either but could be wrong. Anyhoo, worth looking at the actual eshop’s list of discounts if you have an eclectic wishlist and don’t mind wading through the eternally discounted shovelware.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

PSA for people buying Tales of Vesperia. There are 2 free dlc packs. For some reason, at least as of right now, you can't see them on the eshop page for the game. You have to go through the switch's eshop, search for Tales, and they will be listed as search results separate from the main game. Super weird. One is a costume pack. The other, the Adventurer's Pack, is basically the New Game+ bonuses. They are completely unnecessary but if you want to get an instant 900,000 gold, like +40 levels, and a bunch of items hey go for it.

And my preference for a splatoon spinoff would be a borderlands style game. Explore ancient human ruins, fight off terrifying salmon, get a gazillion guns/buckets/paintbrushes while constantly yelling booyah in 4 player coop.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Star fox maker would be great.

And the announce trailer for labor featured a cardboard bird, maybe labor 4 will finally have whatever that is supposed to do.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Super stoked for more boxboy. Release the qbby amiibo in america you cowards! (that poo poo is like $200 to import).

I expect we'll be seeing a pokemon direct later this month. Feb 27 is the anniversary of the first release and they scheduled a bunch of Nintendo Treehouse Q&A sessions at the New York store for that day and the days after.

And holy hell my switch wishlist is filling up. Mario maker 2, astral chains, dq11, dq builders 2, welcome to the pile.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I want the following in “99” form:

-Excitebike
-Snake Rattle and Roll
-Marble Madness
-Pinball
-Paperboy

Pac-man battle royale.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Pokemon direct tomorrow, 9am est.

Gen 8 reveal I presume.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

And the Chinese zodiac theory of fire starters survives another generation.

*Scratches Rabbit off the zodiac*

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

asecondduck posted:

It's a great theory except Cyndaquil is not a rat

It is literally classified as Fire Mouse Pokemon in the dex. The Pokemon world has weird-rear end mice.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I'd settle for a way to calibrate random encounters, like making dark type more likely or grass type less likely.

What I really want is a way to do something about trainer battles. I'm walking, I trigger one ... There's an exclamation mark, a slow walk to me, lines of dialogue, a battle transition to inform me that the hiker battling me is, in fact, a hiker battling me, and then we can actually fight. This gets old when there are 10 or 15 trainers, and is annoying when I've returned to an early game area to explore and have to swat down trainers that offer neither risk nor reward but are a huge waste of time. There must be a way to speed that up.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

chaleski posted:

Have Pokémon walk around the map like Let's Go but have them react to the player i.e. Mankey and Spearow types chase you around and attack you and initiate a battle while more timid Pokémon might run and hide

They even had this in let's go already! Tentacruel would hunt you down in water. I've heard that if you had a steel type in your party, magnemites in the power plant would drift to you too, but have not confirmed.

Sequel title should totes be Pokemon Let's Go Already!

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

Where is this an option

For the current sale it's 20 for the base game and 26 for the gold edition.

No discount on the DLc by itself, sadly.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

In the UK it's Ł15/30, which seems unfair. Opening a US account and paying for it is fairly painless, right?

Should be. People were doing that with the Japanese eshop and the only downside was news ads in Japanese.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I've been wondering what was up with the cardboard bird toy in the labo announcement trailer for a very long time. Never dreamed it was for VR.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I know I'm kinda a white noise poster but this community is one that I've belonged to for almost 15 years and it's one of the few places I feel safe to talk about things. My father committed suicide on Tuesday and the whole family is just broken. I am still in shock, I keep going through waves of emotions and I am just so scared. I don't know what my brothers and I are going to do, I don't know what my mother is going to do, and I am just empty inside right now. Tell the people around you that you love them, please be kind to each other and be there for each other. I just needed to vent, I'm sorry for getting so serious in the games nintendo chat thread. Thank you.

My condolences. I'm losing a parent myself this year and absolutely get you. I'm sorry for your lost. Take care of yourself, both emotionally and physically. We're always here for you.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Are Rabbids and World of FF on sale for $20 for everyone else?

It's my birthday tomorrow so I'm wondering if it's because of that or if that's just a crazy deal. I got an email about birthday discounts but it only listed 3DS and Wii U games.

Super late to this, but anybody getting rabbids should consider scrolling down and getting the gold edition listed with the dlc. $27 for game with season pass, which costs $20 separately and is not discounted on it's own for some reason.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Wheeee posted:

Do Nintendo games ever go on sale? I dropped $120 after tax on BOTW+DLC, and I want Smash and Mario Kart and and and, but jesus christ apparently it's actually PC players who are poor peasants because god drat console games are expensive.

I'm used to being able to buy multiple "AAA" games for the price of a single Nintendo title lol

Also I adore Nintendo and this thing and BOTW were worth every penny and I can't wait for Mario Odyssey to arrive since apparently Amazon had to ship it separately

First party games seem to be going on sale for 40 more frequently. Next big sale will probably be this summer, they usually have one during E3.

Was very surprised that nsmbudx was on sale just 2 months after launch for Mar10 day. Nintendo may be getting a little more into digital sales.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Spacedad posted:

West Of Loathing is being advertised on the nintendo switch home screen and news section with an interview with the devs. :eyepop:

I haven't seen the interview yet, but fyi to WoL fans there is a dlc on steam, Gun Manor. Should be coming to switch soon. Do they mention an ETA for switch in the interview?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Boxboy is good! The mix-and-match customization options are great.

How is Ys 8? Does the switch port have any issues, and did it get the good localization? I assume it did but you never know.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

The main issue with the Switch port is its $60

It's on sale for $42 right now, is why I'm asking. Looks like NIS America put a bunch of games on sale, maybe for golden week.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Between Mario maker, fire emblem, astral chain, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, links awakening, animal crossing, and I guess Town, Nintendo's E3 is already packed just explaining features of games they already announced. Glad they're moving mm2 to it's own slot and freeing up more time for Everything Else.

Hopefully it gets a few slots in the treehouse stream, I always enjoy those.

Also holy poo poo the release schedule for the back half of the year is insane.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Over There posted:

So yeah who's getting Pokemon?

Gonna make a giant hydreigon fight a giant Dragonite and recreate my favorite Kaiju battles.

Throw in a Butterfree for mothra representation.

Actually just making my entire Pokemon team be Godzilla references should be super easy now that I think about it.

Obviously will be super mad if dynamax is limited to only a few specific mons.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I have... Two days to beat secret of Mana 3 before cadence of Hyrule comes out? God drat.

The remake of Trials of Mana looks a lot better than the Secret of Mana remake. Something about the graphics in that repelled me.

And that banjo trailer was beautiful. Hope this means the games come to switch too.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Collection of Mana up on NA eShop, $40. Looks like there's a physical version too?

E:f,b.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

dantheman650 posted:

I’m confused or dumb. So this one has the third game, which they are also remaking and releasing separately later?

Yes the original version comes out today with a remake soon. I guess I'm buying both?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

How did Star Allies turn out with all the post-release content? I liked Triple Deluxe and Robobot well enough, when I got them on sale. I'd be playing it completely single-player if that's a factor.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Just remembered that Town was supposed to be a thing this year. I guess it got shelved for Pokemon development?

Has there been any word since it was announced?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

"And man, what games."

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

BOTW 2 but it's like Resident Evil 2's A side/B side system.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

When they remade secret of mana did they restore the cut content?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Odd Mutant posted:

I'd buy an expansion pack with four more cups.

Although it would be nice if they tried to mix things up with the next Mario Kart. It's kinda a bummer that Nintendo started the Switch off with BOTW and Odyssey, which seemed to signal their willingness to shake things up considerably, only for the rest of their output to feel very conservative.

It feels like business as usual from Hal, Game Freak, and the rest of the subsidiaries, while the internal Nintendo teams go wild on those games plus arms, labo, etc. Hopefully they get another round of interesting projects out in 2020 or 21.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I'm weirdly hoping for more info about that Town game they announced last year and never mentioned again.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Araxxor posted:

What's even left to port from the festering corpse of the WiiU at this point? Mario 3D World, Xenoblade X, Paper Mario Color Splash, Wonderful 101, and Pikmin 3. Anything else?

Zelda HD games and Affordable Space Adventures.

... maybe Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Mega64 posted:

While you wait for SNES games to come up, you can play NES games.

I already did that.

From 1988 to 1991.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I mostly am just interested in games that have never left the SNES. Mario RPG, and Nintendos version of Simcity are my top picks. :P I know Mario RPG is on Wii, but you actually can't buy it on that system anymore.

Mario rpg escaped to the Wii u, a much more barren prison

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I'm honestly surprised Game Freak never did Pokemon amiibo.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Andrast posted:

I'm just wondering if anyone here has played it since it's a 3DS remaster

I played it a few months ago and it is good. Characters were fun, story was decent, combat mechanics were interesting. There's a hint of suikoden in the way you collect a horde of NPCs, but I'm told it is mechanically really a saga game. I haven't played those so I don't know how well it succeeds at that, but I thought it held up well on its own.

There's a lot of interesting scenarios in the game that made it feel consistently novel. It stayed fresh throughout.

Also it has an optional character that is an arrogant penguin wizard and he is great. I guess it's a good year for horrible birds generally.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Is there ever gonna be a time where they reduce some of the older/less popular first party Switch games in price. That would be sick

We might see the Nintendo Selects thing come back where a handful of titles get price cuts, but that would be next year at the earliest.

In the short term, last year Nintendo had sales for black Friday, Christmas, and New year's, and put first party titles to $40 each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Reggie was straight up playing on a Virtual Boy when they filmed the World Championships trailer in 2015. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbvzyY1FKr0&t=112s. They seem to have a good since of humor about it!