Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Through an implausible but entertaining series of events, Threepio ends up riding the bomb down into the exhaust port Major Kong-style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

HootTheOwl posted:

Force Smug, Force S-Mug
"All right, you primitive screwheads, listen up. This is my boomlightstick!"

FlamingLiberal posted:

I enjoyed the whole WW2 dogfighting sequences, but boy the show really wants me to hate the New Republic, huh?
Thank the sequel trilogy (or even just TFA, really) for requiring the New Republic to be utterly ineffective so as to explain away the rise of the First Order. At least that's my take.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
One of the several things I like about Baylan Skoll is the economy with which he deflects blaster shots. No waving his lightsabre around, only snapping it precisely into place with a minimum of motion. :allears:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Looks like they blew past the 17k backers requirement for the final unlock after all, huh.

If nothing else it's a cool $10 million or so in revenue for them. Wonder how much it all costs to manufacture and what not.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So when the New Republic scrapped the fleet, do you think they bothered to put Home One in a museum, or did they just send her straight to the Brearker's Yard with nary a thought?
According to some canon anthology the ship was part of the Resistance fleet by the time Leia was doing her own thing. :unsmith:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Cartoon Man posted:

Wasn’t she slicing and dicing good guys in the very first sequence of the show?
Not to mention subjecting Sabine to a little wanton Force torture in the most recent episode; Baylan had to call her off twice before she actually listened.

At least with Baylan, one gets the impression that he is a fundamentally honourable man who finds no joy in what he does.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I've come to believe that the New Republic is depicted in such an unfavourable light simply because it has to be an inept institution for the First Order to be virtually unopposed by the time the sequel trilogy takes place. There is no particular need for any particular agenda behind its being written the way it is when the unfortunate, creatively bankrupt narrative needs imposed by the ST exist.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Barriss's fate has been left unstated because Filoni supposedly had/has plans for the character.

Honestly though, I've never been able to buy into her whole arc. It's one thing to be disillusioned with the Jedi Order, even thoroughly fed up with the entire state of the Republic, but having her resort straight away to committing a terrorist bombing and framing her friend for it? Outside of "the Dark Side made her do it", which feels eminently unsatisfying in its own right to me, Barriss's actions just seemed to come too far out of left field.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

maybealabia posted:

I mean you could say the same for Anakin

Not that you shouldn't, but it's a core story so hers pales in comparison
Oh, I don't disagree at all. I guess I would have hoped for the show to tackle a subject like that with a bit more finesse, but welp. :v:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Sombrerotron posted:

As for the difference between pre- and post-flashback Ahsoka, I don't mean to be pedantic, but all we've seen her do since donning a white poncho is wake up, hug a kid and telepathically communicate with a titanic space whale in the span of maybe 10 minutes of screentime. I think it's a little early to draw any conclusions here.
We’ve already seen her admit almost cheerfully to Huyang that she has no idea whether this Purrgil-enabled journey is going to work out the way they want it to, which I don’t think I could have pictured the old Ahsoka saying/doing.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Maxwell Lord posted:

I know this is an episode ago but I just finished it and have to ask why doesn't she just take the sphere and run.

Like when Baylan has Ahsoka at his mercy, fine. Sure. Use it as leverage. But then he tosses her off the cliff! Just go, get off the planet, figure out the sphere on your own like you almost did before it got stolen the first time!

Does she have any reason to think Baylan is the only way to Ezra? Like no, the coordinates are on the thing just take the thing.

I'm getting serious Season 1 of Legends of Tomorrow vibes off of this.
Possibility #1: She is just stalling for time as, obviously, noted badass and de facto Jedi Ahsoka Tano is silently climbing back up that cliff and is going to appear any moment now. Right? …right?
Possibility #2: She knows that running away is not going to work on account of Baylan being a Force-user, and perhaps would prefer not to find out how reasonable he actually is by pissing him off like that. (Due to Reasons she does not even have her jetpack. :v:)

I don't know, in terms of dumb things happening because the plot requires it, I was much more frustrated by Hera completely failing to gain any support from the senators for her investigation of Seatos. You would think she'd simply lead with the fact that a goddamn SSD hyperdrive core was stolen right off Corellia, but that she managed to put a tracker on it and had better go pursue the matter right now before the tracker is discovered – but no, despite this appearing to be infinitely more actionable than her suspicions regarding Thrawn, she never even brings it up. Saying that she believes Thrawn's allies are working on a way to find him is as close as Hera ever gets, and needless to say that is nowhere near enough.

Feh. It annoyed me then, it annoys me now.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mental Hospitality posted:

I'm going toss my hat into the ring and say I've been enjoying the show as someone who didn't watch the cartoons. Actually, I just started watching Clone Wars because of this show. As someone who's watched all of Star Trek Discovery and Picard, I grade my Star Shows on a curve and in that regard I think most of the live action Star Wars stuff has ranged from mediocre at worst, to something I'm actually excited to watch. I loved the tension building in Andor and it was full of great performances. The last two episodes of Ahsoka have started grab me as well.
Now you only have to decide whether to watch TCW in release order or chronological order. :v:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Having a planetary ring system be made of star whale bones is pretty metal.

I am not sure the things hinted at in this episode can be resolved satisfactorily with just two more episodes to go, though. Then again perhaps Filoni will manage to deliver after all.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The absolute cowards.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
While we are vaguely on the subject, the video game Star Wars Jedi: Survivor included a pretty bangin' selection of ostensibly in-universe music performed by various real life artists, including The HU who'd already had a song of theirs featured in the first game, Fallen Order. No idea what the genres here might be, though. :v:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Nanigans posted:

I figured this is as good a place as any to ask.

I bought a fancy custom Luke RotJ saber and one of the features is letting you switch colors, accompanied by a voice clip for the respective character. For Luke’s green it’s Luke and Yoda talking. It’s dialogue I’ve never heard before. I assumed it was from the Forces of Destiny cartoon, but wasn’t. Now I think it’s from a game. Can anyone identify where this quote is from?

<Luke> Tell me, is this training?
<Yoda> My training? No. Always training, the universe is.
Google suggests it's from one of the recent Battlefront games, possibly the 2017 one.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The His Dark Materials series has pretty good child performances, unfortunately let down by Lin Manuel Miranda.
Speaking of which, Dafne Keen was excellent in Logan as well.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

John Wick of Dogs posted:

stole a giant engine
The worst/dumbest part is that this never even was brought up. Some vague statement of Hera's along the lines of "the Imperial loyalists at the shipyard were working towards a larger goal" was as good as it got.

And sure, you'd think the briefly mentioned off-screen investigations into the whole affair would uncover the sudden absence of an entire SSD hyperdrive core. But as the New Republic never is seen coming round to taking Hera's suspicions more seriously… :shrug:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Eiba posted:

Of course, the real reason is the writers didn't think it through or care to show us the situation being treated with the gravity it should. But in an ongoing saga that still leaves us with the question of how to think of the characters.
For the record, yes, I am holding the writers responsible for the entire thing. (Which I suppose means Filoni himself, as he is the only one credited.) Personally I am not going to try to make sense of the characters' actions when the flaws lie within the narrative itself, though. :v:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

HootTheOwl posted:

There's a scene where they do a training mission in a canyon
Oh hell yeah.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Honestly, nothing was going to make Resistance worth watching while Kaz remained so annoying a protagonist.

I get that it was a kids' show and that the leads in these tend to be flawed in particular, irritating ways, but as far as I am concerned Resistance simply failed to give him enough redeeming/ameliorating features.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Dave Syndrome posted:

Keep in mind that the actor would need to be really really thin to convincingly pull off the additional layer of Weequay latex makeup on top of his normal face. Any thicker than that and you wind up with a look like RotS butterball Sidious.
Doug Jones doesn't look like he has been too busy lately.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Oh, yes, I blanked on the theme park context there; that would probably be an issue. :shobon:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Try not to miss out on episode 5 either unless you are allergic to fan service; it arguably contains the season's best Ahsoka performances and they do not even involve Rosario Dawson.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I'd entirely forgotten that Danny Trejo appeared in BoBF ever so briefly.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The actual, boring answer:

Wookieepedia posted:

The name "Ventress" was suggested by Samuel C. Spitale, naming her after the town of Ventress in the state of Louisiana because it reminded him of "the voodoo queen" Marie Laveau. Her first name, "Asajj," was proposed by Leland Chee after the character Asaji (浅茅) from Akira Kurosawa's 1957 film Throne of Blood, in turn based on William Shakespeare's Lady Macbeth from the seventeenth-century play Macbeth.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Inquisitor Barriss is probably the least interesting direction they could be taking her, so that's a big :geno: as far as I am concerned. The Elspeth episodes could maybe turn out interesting depending on how Nightsister-y things get, but in general none of it looks especially exciting to me. It's a pity too, because the other recent animated Star Wars stuff has been passable at worst.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

thrawn527 posted:

Again, though, maybe I'm just spoiled by this week's X-Men episode.
This week's Bad Batch really was the Alderaan to the Death Star that was this week's X-Men '97. Then again, I suppose it was kind of the other way around the previous week.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The tie-in novels have to be written by Dean Koontz.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Turns out Tales of the Empire is already available on D+ in my part of the world. After watching the whole thing I have to say that, while it looked really good, I'm not too crazy about it as far as the story and characters were concerned. For a former Nightsister Morgan Elspeth is surprising bland, though that is pretty much in keeping with Ahsoka (which this anthology does little more than set her up for). As for Barriss: to be honest, I never was keen on what TCW did with her character to begin with, and the three 15-minute-long episodes TotE had to offer did not feel nearly sufficient to explore her fraught past and present. Never mind that she probably dies at the end… unless she doesn't! You never know with lightsabre wounds these days.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Both characters' episodes generally play out as you'd probably expect in that regard. (Morgan does not use any magick/Force abilities from what I remember, but then she rarely did so during her previous appearances either.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I suppose the simplest and possibly intended answer is that the person who'd have cared about her crimes and her betrayal of Ahsoka (Anakin Skywalker) is gone, while Darth Vader has no particular reason to feel strongly about Barriss either way.

Which is not to say that doing nothing more with Vader than having him ominously enter the room and sit on a grim throne was a good choice, but then again her TotE arc as a whole felt fragmentary like that.