Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I played a whole lot of Deathslinger on PTB yesterday and other folks in the thread have already mentioned his main weakness (lack of map pressure) and his strengths (easy first hits, cutting/shutting down loops, long ranged interrupts on healing/unhooking.) Window vaults are hellacious dangerous vs Deathslinger, as a line of sight vault is pretty much a free hit if he's got his gun loaded. Medium range shots are where he feels most dangerous as they come out fast enough that with enough skill you should hit all of them, and long range gives the survivor more time to react/juke out of the way of the precise hitbox. Close/super close is kinda tricky like huntress, probably more so because precise hitbox on the poon.

All that said, it cannot be understated how smooth and easy it is to use his power and how satisfying it is to hit the harpoons. Especially hauling people down from ledges, or getting the headshot over a short/medium wall on a loop to stop them from getting to the pallet. Maniacal laughter ensues usually. I was pretty much sold on this killer the first time I spotted a Dwight standing injured on a ledge above me and hauled him down into my bayonet. Seriously amazingly fun. Will def be grabbing the DLC when it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I for the most part agree with only one minor gripe that Devour Hope is good even at level 1 ever since they changed the scaling to only affect the movespeed bonus from 2 tokens.

Generally speaking my biggest piece of advice is to find a killer that clicks with you. Either the power, the theme or both. It helps a ton to pick for enjoyment.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

For a moment there I was confused and thought I was looking at the official BHVR forums with all the aggressive bitching about how bad the Devs are and how they have no idea how to balance their game. They only care about survivors guys, can't you see it with all the nerfs to insta-heals they did a couple patches ago and the nerfs to toolboxes they're doing this coming patch? Super survivor sided, gently caress killers.

But seriously, I admire BHVR for taking the long slow approach using statistical data they gather and drawing conclusions while also taking with a big grain of salt the very vocal opinion of the minority on their forums/reddit/dead comedy forums on the internet. They've been doing a decent job at taking out patently unfun game mechanics that don't add anything to the game and just make the game super boring/frustrating/uninteractive for one side (ex. old Ruin, slowing Nurse down, instant heals, old DS, old BNP etc.) Are they perfect? No, but at least they're trying and care.

As to the main point of this whole conversation about how they "dumpstered Oni when transfered from PTB to live" is hilariously pointless. The super flick Oni had was an unintended side effect of two, normally unbound, buttons for Look Left and Look Right that people found out they could bind and use to do ridiculous hair pin turns while dashing or 360 no scope flick with Demon Strike/Demon Dash. 100% BHVR's QC probably didn't even think to check that would have an affect on controlling a new killer because how the hell is something like two buttons no one usually uses have such an extreme effect upon a killer power? The sheer fact that BHVR decided to add it back in a more limited 90 degree form should attest to the fact they A) listened to the community asking for it back, B) thought it was a cool mechanic and wanted to keep it despite not intending it in the first place.

"But BHVR doesn't care or listen guys, poo poo devs!" Yeah uh-huh, if you say so. I wouldn't be surprised if they're considering how to rework moris and keys next at this rate, as the other major thing everyone on the official forums cries about constantly right now.

Also comparing Billy to any killer is stupid and pointless, he's the most busted, brain dead killer and hopefully eats nerfs at some point. Hell, I'd even go so far as to say Oni is a balanced version of Billy that's actually fun to play against. I'm saying this as a primarily killer player, though I play enough survivor to put up with red rank killer poo poo.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Coolguye posted:

i'd be a lot more persuaded by the idea that the DbD devs used data to make their changes if they could stick to any kind of cohesive data set but even from a disinterested outsider's perspective (e.g., mine) they cannot do that.

I kinda wish they would too. On the other hand, a lot of people would just use it try demonize them more, though I still lean more towards releasing more data because graphs and data are cool.

Yardbomb posted:

lol

BHVR suck massive rear end and your arguments are bad, look at these couple super egregious things that took for-loving-ever to actually do even the smallest things about guys (Which are still problems even post-nerf) while they did more important things like further hammering bad killers in anticipation of them using new perks, then indirectly buffing one of the already most overused survivors perks as well in the process of doing so, then killing off the actual most necessary perk for a bunch of killers throughout all ranks because it frustrated literal rank 20 survivors too much, survivor sided amirite huh :rolleyes:

Exhaustion may simply be making me miss something obvious, but I'm not sure which changes you're refering to that further hammer bad killers in anticipation of new perks? And which overused survivor perk are you refering to that was indirectly buffed?

As for the Ruin changes, frankly they were kind of needed. Big IMO, it taught bad killer play, gave no real feedback (for the killer), was super frustrating for novice survivors, and was kinda just tedious as an experienced survivor. I personally didn't use Ruin at all once I got better as killer, especially after I started playing more survivor. Whenever you saw the red circle you kinda just rolled your eyes and powered through it going for great skill checks.

It was just kinda an un-interactive perk that wasn't fun to play with or against and unfortunately felt necessary. Did BHVR fix the core problem that made 80% of red rank killers run it before changing it? No. Were they going to get any kind of relevant data to help isolate the problem without changing it? Probably not.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Coolguye posted:

wait what

which is it dude

I'm not sure how those ideas are connected or conflict aside from the fact they're both about data? Honestly confused.

temple posted:

Players will always pick the most effective choice. So they would play the best survivors based on their perks. They should. Its the least they can do in a team based game.

I also think this sums up pretty much any game's balance issues, especially if it happens to be a multiplayer of some sort. Though whether or not a player should be obligated to play the most optimal way is another debate entirely.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Coolguye posted:

the second quote says they use data as a primary motivator in their patching and iteration process. i specifically took issue with this because i see no evidence of them doing this. you then responded to me and agreed that they did not.

Ah, my exhaustion from work the previous evening lead me to misread your post. I mistook it for you bemoaning the fact they won't post any cohesive data to shake your head at. Rereading it I can understand your confusion at how I posted. My apologies.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pig pretty much relies on good macro killer play just like any M1 killer, with some small learning curve on how to manipulate your TR with crouching and getting free hits with the dash in the right spots. And hey, free gen pressure with your hats.

The absolute most important thing to learn though is Boop the Snoot. If a survivor approaches you in a crouch and points at you repeatedly while you're playing Pig, make sure to crouch yourself and let them boop the snoot. Then do whatever you want after!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Philthy posted:

I decided to try the red mori on my hag last night because they've been piling up and they just seemed too OP to use.

Yeah, I felt kinda bad but it made for a really quick game. Why do these even exist? Just as a backup when you're having a bad run and don't want to derank?

For the cool animation and to blow off some steam really. When they were implemented I kinda doubt they had a good handle on any kind of relative balance and just wanted to add something cool which while you can blame them for lack of forethought, I totally get wanting to add cool animations to add more personality to killers.

The irony though is that it isn't even good at keeping you from deranking because you miss out on two hook events per survivor, and the points from using a mori on someone don't make up for it. At higher ranks moris are a surefire way to safety pip I guess simply because you can stop gens from being fast enough, maybe a single pip if you're really efficent. Gets you poo poo all for BP though and I personally understand the whining from survivors a bit since it has such a radical impact.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Philthy posted:

Ah, this would explain some things. I thought pips gained/lost were based on how many people you did/didn't kill. Huh.

Nah, pips are reached by hitting certain thresholds based on the level of emblem you earn in 4 different categories. The game does a good job of explaining what score events positively/negatively impact each emblem if you hover over them on the stats screen.

Suffice to say, killing survivors too quickly will probably only let you safety pip since you'll at least get an Iri gatekeeper emblem, but depending on how the others turn out and how high ranked you are it may not.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I'd put forth that survivors have it easier because the responsibility to win the round is spread among 4 people, where as the killer is the sole player to deal with all of the weight of winning the round and all the stress that entails. Objectively speaking when both sides understand how the game is played and have the same skill level, killer is by far the more stressful role to pull off. You just have to be so on the ball as killer, it endlessly amuses me when survivors use the word 'tryhard' as an insult in this game especially. Why yes, the killer does kind of have to try hard to win, that's correct.

And that's not to say that survivor can't be stressful too but that stress can be heavily mitigated by playing with friends, or if you're solo just moving on to the next match and trying again.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

TGLT posted:

A coordinated SWF of 3 or 4 people > killer > group of rando survivors > swf of overly altrusitic goofuses

ftfy

Franky pretty spot on, though I'd say death survivor squads are a lot rarer than many whiny killer mains would want to make you think, and proper tunnel and camp killers are also a lot rarer than the many whiny survivor mains would want to make you think as well. Confirmation bias in this game is a hell of a drug for many people, and some of the issues from both sides are kinda because people came up with this weird set of rules of how they think the other role should be played. That leads to conflict etc and everyone starts fighting and thus the cycle of whining about balance begins again.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

That would be loving amazing but I highly doubt they have a good way to implement it. The fact it would just be used as a way for players to attack others for how they're playing probably outweighs whatever /benefit/learning you could get from it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

DeathChicken posted:

I don't think I quite have the hang of this game's grab mechanic. Might just be that I'm playing on console, but I had a match where there was one person left, I was standing at the hatch. Person rushes the hatch. I hit attack as they're going in (meaning not a lunge), but it does a regular hit instead of a grab, so in they go. This seems to happen completely at random when people are rescuing from hooks too, sometimes I can pull the rescuer off, most of the time it's a normal stab.

It is no longer possible to grab survivors doing hatch escapes. Instead, if the killer finds the hatch first you can close it and force the EGC to start. The same patch they introduced the hatch closing mechanic they removed the ability to grab survivors out of it, probably to completely eliminate hatch stand offs.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

With the question already answered, yeah. EGC from hatch closure is just a final chance for the last survivor and a forced ending to the game in a way that is more killer sided than not. Door placement and certain killers can absolutely make it impossible for a survivor to get out, I'm sure it's something like a 95/5 split for dying/living as a survivor at that point unless you brought a key and know where the hatch is.

By the way, survivors CAN reopen the hatch with a key if you close it as killer. This can screw you but also lead to some hilarious situations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I played a handful of rounds of killer the other day and didn't really notice the difference? I rely more on prediction and weird as hell randomness in a chase with a handful of sound stuff than totally on sound.

Sounds like it sucks for those hard in on sound cues though.

I actually really like Midwich and all the details they've tried to shove into it and having played it a lot now the gens are actually pretty easy to find once you realize they all spawn in roughly the same areas. My only issues is that switching to the upper level is far harder in certain places than dropping down to lower with one corner being in complete control of if the killer breaks two walls or not.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 19, 2020

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Philthy posted:

Have I mentioned how much I love hag? I really love hag.

When a game comes together where you can sheep herd them into traps, and then already have secondary traps set perfectly it's like.. amazing.

I've never played a killer where the end result is the survivors yelling at each other so much. I don't think I've ever been called out as a hag. You can't really tunnel or camp with her, ultimately it's the survivor's fault for literally everything that happens in the match.

I loving love Lisa too, she's pretty much the best killer hands down. Highest skill ceiling next to Nurse hands down, and Nurse is more twitch reflexes skill wise.

However, you will absolutely get survivors complaining about you camping especially if you drop even a single trap in front of them on hook. I've had many a survivor complain Hag is so campy, when yeah the ultimate area denial killer is indeed good at making it near impossible to save people. Who knew?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

You'd be surprised at the number of people at red ranks that aren't aware of this, or express surprise when you tell them about it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Philthy posted:

Had three more great games of hag just now. However in one of them a survivor wasn't setting off traps at all. I normally put traps behind pallets and I pushed him through, he dropped the pallet, then continued to run right over my trap. It disappeared. I then chased him to a hooked survivor, same thing, he went right over the trap and nothing popped and it disappeared. I know flashlights can remove them, but not instantly like that right? I still won, I just had to do it the old fashioned way with this particular guy. I always forget to look at their add-ons when I'm done. :(

hm, there was previously a Claudette cosmetic (was part of a themed set of cosmetics involving Queen of the Mire, the best hag cosmetic set) that wouldn't trigger hag traps. What survivor was it and did they have a flashlight? Even if a survivor flashlights one of your traps you still get a notification it was destroyed, so it would have been pretty obvious if they were flash lighting it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

DeathChicken posted:

My new favorite troll is using Insidious and one of the chainsaw charge addons on Leatherface, hooking someone, hiding behind a corner for the inevitable rescue, running out and chainsaw flailing. Two down

Hey, if survivors want to play this game as cheaply as possible, I can annoy you right back :colbert:

Congratulations, you are now part of the Insidious Bubba meme. Now just equip Iron Grasp, Agitation and Mad Grit and haul them into the basement every time instead.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Monathin posted:

I came back to DBD a few weeks ago and honestly as someone who played up until OG Nurse and then didn't touch the game for a couple years the game has come a long way despite all odds.

Mostly play Survivor since I play with friends but the appeal of being a Murder Cowboy got me to shake off the rust with a few Wraith games before I picked up Deathinger. My loving god he's fun. What's some stuff people like running on hell cowboy?

Deathslinger is similar to Hag in build because he's A) got a 110% ms and B) a 24m terror radius. This means the core perks of Moniter and Abuse, Nurse's Calling are ones you should probably just slap on him and never get rid of. A 16 meter terror radius when not in a chase with the ability to see survivors healing from 28 meters away? It's ridiculous, and you effectively only give healing survivors 4ish seconds to react with a terror radius that big.

For the other two perks you can run whatever you want, though Pop Goes the Weasel, BBQ & Chili, Save the Best for Last are all good choices, with Hex: Devour Hope for being spicy. Really though outside the first two you can run whatever you want, Deathslinger is pretty much all about hitting his 'poon. Miss the 'poon, lose the game basically.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Danaru posted:

I honestly dont really get the hate for decisive strike. Once it's used it's a dead perk slot for the rest of the game and even after you drop them, the survivor is still injured, alone, and not that far away. The subreddit would make you think DS was an instant win button, but maybe it's just a loud part of the killer playerbase.

I was also the guy who played with all items on in smash and would honestly rather not play than do final destination no items mirror match so maybe it's just me. :v:

Mind you, old DS was absolutely one of the most broken things in this game because you had no indication anyone other than the obsession had it. If all four survivors were running old DS, 3 of them you basically had no indication you only had 4-5ish seconds to get them to a hook before they got off your shoulder. And they didn't even have to be hooked first! Such a bullshit perk.

New DS is totally fine and I'm always happy to see someone using it as a killer. People just like to complain about poo poo.

Arzaac posted:

Spine Chill personally is the one perk I can think of that's "Why would I ever not run this perk it's so drat good".

Unbreakable and Decisive Strike are both very powerful but one time use, Spine Chill is just always active and basically means you can never be surprised by the killer ever.

For the record, in open fields it becomes pretty obvious when someone has Spine Chill (especially as stealth killers) and good killers will just start looking away as they approach. It's still awesome in a chase mind you, free vault speed after all.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

In terms of single perk power as survivor vs killer, imo I think survivors get a lot more variety and power from single perks vs killers because that's all you have as a survivor to define your build. With killer each individual perk is imo weaker on average but with each killer having their own power and playstyle even small things can vastly change how the killer plays.

That's not to say there aren't some powerful single perks that killers get, just survivor perks can feel more defining due to lack of uniqueness between survivors (aka no powers).

I also think killers are in a pretty decent spot right now tbh. My personal killer love/hate relationship is Plague. Love playing her, loving despise her as survivor because she shows up every goddamn time I go with a healing perk build. :argh:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Pyramid is nothing like Oni. Oni is about a rolling snowball of map pressure and one hit downs and punishing survivors for not healing by fueling your power cycle even more.

Pyramid Head is about winning chases easy with a wall penetrating ranged attack, saving time taking Survivors to hook and the mini mori for even more saved time when a survivor is on death hook. Also a bit of area defense in the form of detection if you get used to leaving his jank on the floor around in the right places. You lose out on hook perks using half of of his power but so do survivors, so it's really not that bad.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

DeathChicken posted:

Actually this feels like a killer I *could* get the hang of, if I wasn't currently facing an endless string of red ranks. Feel like they more or less need Nurse's Calling to function, since the general idea is hit someone once with Frenzy and then run them down until they either take the second hit or bleed out.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Legion imo is a fine killer with no real extreme advantages from their power, they're supposed to be a snowballing pressure killer in the sense you find someone, Frenzy on them and head for the next Instinct pulse to injure that person too while the first runs off to waste time mending. Hit second person, repeat until you either A) have no more instinct pulses to chase or B) decide that other instinct pulse is too far and you're better off just ending your power and chasing the person you just wounded. Nurse's isn't great because Mending doesn't count for healing, and Nurse's with a 32m TR killer is kind of not amazing? BBQ, Discordence, Thana and Sloppy is a somewhat standard build, you can also use the tried and true Spirit Fury/Enduring if you REALLY want to cut down on chase times as an M1 killer.

TBF learning any killer vs Red ranks is rough because they probably know how to deal with your killer while you're just figuring out optimal uses and probably haven't gotten the ideal perks for playing them with. To me Legion is fun in a mindless, sprint at survivors way and for some reason even some red rank survivor's brains just turn off because they hate Legion with a passion from the ol' moonwalking days and just can't handle playing vs them.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

DeathChicken posted:

I will say that Legion getting stunned if they miss a Frenzy attack is unnecessary and dumb. It already goes on cooldown upon a whiff, that just feels like "How dare you have a power that might be good"

People would just abuse it (sort of like they already do) by sprinting up to close the distance with an injured survivor, end their power and down them instantly. Survivors already whine as it is with the 4 second "stun" so I can't imagine the uproar if they did that. Definitely a frustrating addition but is was kind of needed to avoid abuse.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Patch notes btw if anyone wanted to see the full fix list: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/204-4-0-2-hotfix

Also for the record, those two "nerfs" are probably just further assurance that this won't pop up again in any form:

BHVR posted:

Fixed an issue that allowed the Executioner to stand in front of a Cage of Atonement, preventing any possible rescue.

Because seriously, who gives a poo poo where the survivor pops up if you cage them? By using that portion of Pyramid Head's power you're basically trading off the time you'd spend on hooking someone and the ability to ignore a plethora of hook/pick up perks for the control of where other survivors are gonna have go to rescue them. Not to mention if you do it you're basically assuming it spawned that survivor right next to someone who can just unhook them. Probably 90% of the Pyramid Heads I've encounter just use the ranged attack to knock survivors and then hook them even if they're tormented until death hook, when they just whack you with his mini mori to save a boatload of time at that point.

It does suck losing the info on knowing where survivors will be moving towards, but it's a trade off I'm more than willing to accept to not deal with some rear end in a top hat standing in front of my cage to ensure I die with no recourse.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Ah, THERE'S the Billy nerf in the name of making things easier for whining survivors counterplay.

Actually gently caress Billy. As a killer main this is 100% deserved, gives him an actual skill floor and stops billy from just back revving to success.

Light Born on the other hand getting a goddamn massive buff, though perhaps immunity was not that far off from what it gave already.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Lord_Magmar posted:

One buff they could give Legion if they wanted to re-orient their power stuff is let them vault whilst in the powered state. They're the same size as the victims already and it would make them a lot harder to run from in a straight line when doing the thing.

Plus that's a sort of killer move we don't really have yet, agile run down instead of slow stead slaughter, and Legion is the most physically agile looking Killer in game, letting them do that would be a neat option.

... Legion can already fast vault windows and pallets in frenzy mode? Did you mean something else perhaps?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

While a lot of survivors will complain about certain killer perks (NOED, BBQ etc) no perks are really stand out OP by themselves. It's more about what's OP for that killer and synergies with their power.

As an example, BBQ is good but not amazing for any killer without map pressure. The best thing about it is the extra BP! Literally doubles your BP gain, what's not to love? Slap BBQ on Billy or Nurse or Spirit or Freddy and well. Map Pressure power + Aura reading survivors far away = ez snowball. Got an M1 killer with a power that allows them to 1 down someone or at least doesn't count as a basic hit? Save the Best For Last will literally win you games! Want consistent snowball-y gen pressure on any killer? Pop Goes the Weasel! Got a 24m terror radius? Moniter and Abuse + Nurse's Calling!

The possibilities are endless, unlike survivor which has a kind of standard meta build that works for everyone.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Nalesh posted:

What's a good killer for taking years off friends lives who are really bad with jumpscares? I do like pig but I just can't get used to her crouch and when to use it.

Hag. The traps spook the poo poo out of people every time if you know how to place them right.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

the secret to Ghostface is you use his stealth to approach and get a free hit, or get a hit then stealth mid chase for the mind game. Barring ideal conditions stalking to mark survivors is a bit of a trap overall, though you can make use of it by incremental stalking one survivor before you get broken from stealth or stalking them nearly all the way and finding them later to finish off.

Grabbing survivors off gens never gets old however, and Ghostface is by far the killer I've done it regularly with the most ease. Especially at the start of a trial when the survivors have no idea who it is yet.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Azran posted:

Been farming bloodpoints with Freddy, today I reached rank 10. He's very fun! And somehow I just discovered 5 minutes ago that you can hold down M1 for some sort of lunge??? Is this something all killers can do?

You aren't the only rank 10 or higher killer I've met who had no idea the lunge is a thing. I was very confused one game when a rank 7 GF kept not lunging for me for easy downs allowing me to pallet slam and extend the chase. After match I asked why wasn't lunging for me only to discover he had no idea lunging was a thing either so you aren't alone!

Danaru posted:

Our autoscrubber at work sometimes makes a sound that sounds EXACTLY like one of the sound effects of a generator getting repaired (a single deep "thoonk", like something popping into place, I'm not crazy) and whenever it does that I reflexively hyper focus on my hearing and get annoyed with myself :cripes:

AMA about hearing the Hag's breathing is literally every wheezing drippy noise ever and immediately focusing on the sounds of someone rummaging through a bunch of metal tools like the chest searching sound.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 7, 2020

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

DeathChicken posted:

...wow, that genuinely made me want to put the game down for awhile. Toward the end of the game, had one person in the basement near death. Second person rushes in after them, unhooks them. I down the rescuer, down the first guy. Last gen pops. They both instantly spring up and out. I have no idea how, they were both using Adrenaline but I didn't think that revived you from dying.

There is a major reason why Adrenaline is my most hated perk. In a vacuum of every survivor team only having one instance of a perk, Adrenaline is fine. When Adrenaline can be run by all 4 survivors thus letting them just find gens and pop them, nothing is more tilting than seeing 4 survivors go from injured to healthy, especially when you're chasing one.

Pro Tip: if the final generator pops just as you're about to hook someone, if you can safely drop them on the ground do so to see if they have Adrenaline. If they do, you can immediately turn to the left and down them before they can react as being free of the killers grasp will trigger the healing from Adrenaline. Nothing is more satisfying than that feeling when you knock someone out of their Adrenaline before they even go on hook. You got caught survivor, you face the consequences of being in the killer's control. :colbert:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Orv posted:

Is the battle pass for DbD still at the level of second job to complete? This one's about to close obviously.

For all that people scoff at some battle passes (and rightly so), the DbD one isn't bad. BHVR has def designed it so if you play like, 1-3 hours maybe 5ish days a week from the start date of a tome to the end date, you can absolutely clear the challenges and be pretty close to done if not entirely complete. If you no life it before even level 2 of a tome is unlocked (like some people did with the first tomes) you can hit level 70 (aka max level) in like the first 3 weeks I'm pretty sure. As of right now? If you're nowhere close to the end just play normal and do what challenges you can.

Or like, I guess you can throw money at it to unlock tiers if you're some kind of weirdo with lots of disposable cash and little time to play a need to flex on people with your sweet cosmetics before anyone else has them.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Orv posted:

I mean 3 hours 5 days a week is still pretty rough compared to a lot of battle passes but I guess it could be worse.

this is my rough guesstimate. You could probably chop off a week or two and frankly as I have minimal comparison to other games overall so I may also be wildly off base. Feels like a pretty casual one to me overall

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Today a group of survivors called me out in post game for having hella expensive headset because I pretty followed them via hearing alone after getting blinded multiple times. They were good natured about it but drat if it didn't feel a little dirty tracking them while totally blind.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

TGLT posted:

You mean it feels great.

Just got out of a match on Backwater Swamp. Survivors all had flashlights and refused to not try and flashlight save. But I was Oni, so I just didn't pick up and instead slammed them. Spent the entire match around the pantry bopping them, hooking one or two, sucking up all the blood because no one healed and no one left the pantry, then repeating until they all died with only one gen finished. Got a little salt for it.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, it's hella satisfying running down doofus survivors who try to flashlight me, especially when they aren't even running Iron Will.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Dawgstar posted:

Sounds like it’s time to main Spirit if you don’t already!

That's a pass, I'd rather play Wraith instead.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Azran posted:

Apparently there's a bug (that's getting fixed in the next patch) where male survivors can't blind the killer if they pick up a flashlight, unless they started the trial with one in the first place.

Fun fact, there used to be another bug with male survivors where they made no noise while cleansing totems. You have no idea how surprisingly irritating this was to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Oh, I've encountered that issue before and it was in a way more ludicrous way. It has nothing to do with someone DCing in match, sometimes someone loses connection as it's loading in a weird way and is still technically 'there' and the server hasn't realized they dc'd in loading. I legit played for a solid 3 minutes as a Nurse in a match, mid chase with someone and then we suddenly all get the "Player has DC'd, match cancelled" pop up. The survivors still there were just as confused as I was.

It's an occurrence that happens pretty rarely, but as far as I'm aware DCs that occur in match never actually cause the match cancelled.