Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

:siren: VICPOL UPDATE: :siren:

Another month, another poo poo show from our 45th Federal Parliament of Australia. Let's see the players, and whether any of them will last the month:

Liberal Party: The main partner in the Liberal-Nationals Coalition that's running the daily mess of the government. Scott Morrison accidentally became Prime Minister when he didn't challenge Malcolm Turnbull for leadership, it wasn't his fault, fair dinkum. So far ScoMo has become a bit of a Tony Abbott-lite, being a bit of a Bible basher as well as making Captain Calls like moving the Australian Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. Of course his own popularity and the popularity of the party have taken a huge hit as no one other than the right wing media is liking this.

The Nationals: The party for the country folk racist right wing climate denying homophobic coal mining loving nut jobs. Lead by *checks Wikipedia* oh, it's still Michael McCormack. I thought Barnaby was going to be leader again. Well there you go. Hopefully this party is wiped out soon, as their views on climate run absolutely against scientific proof and common sense, and with droughts wiping out farms across most of Australia, surely farmers have got to realise this party doesn't have their interests. Unless they have a huge reserve of coal under their paddocks.

The Labor Party: Not the Labour Party, cos the people who started this party thought that the American spelling was more fancy. The main opposition in Parliament, lead by Bill Shorten, who spends most of his time being a small target so hopefully the media won't attack him and go for ScoMo instead. The party of the people, as long as you are a left leaning lawyer or from uni student politics. Got a great chance of winning the next election, but there's always the chance that they'll screw something up and either just scrape in or lose it.

The Greens: The slight far centre left party, lead by fence sitter Richard Di Natale. A party that should be absolutely making the most of the chaos in this Parliament, but gets screwed over by its own members whenever it gets a chance to get ahead (look at the last round of by elections, especially in Victoria). It's a progressive party, well it should be but holy poo poo this party can self inflict wounds better than what Labor can. Also doesn't help that most commercial media and ABC completely ignores it.

Pauline Hanson's Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Mutter Party: A horrible Queensland right wing party lead by equally horrible right wing Queenslander Pauline Hanson. You know that great-uncle who loves the White Australian Policy, wants National Service brought back and the non-whites kicked out of the country? Well that's those views made into a party. It seemed for a little while in 2016 that PHON actually may be alive again and ready to take over states like WA, but thanks to infighting, dual citizen issues and Pauline's massive ego, the party is pretty much dead again. However we have this party to thank for loving awful (read: Queensland) people like Fraser Anning and Malcolm Roberts.

And the real leader of Australia: Rupert Murdoch. Ruler of the right wing media in Australia, Murdoch has been king maker for Australia since Whitlam's days. However it looks like the old fart's media is losing their grip on most Australian's political views, with most polls going against the view him and his band of racist journalists want Australia to go. Hopefully the next Federal Election will kill off the influence that News Corpse has over media and politics.

Other Politics stuff: This month also has the Victorian State Election happening on the 24th. Four more years for Dandrews. Praise for Dandrews. Dandrews all knowing, all level crossing removing.

Keep up with your regular David Pope political cartoon updates here: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/national/act/david-pope-20120214-1t3j0.html

You Am I fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

It's ok to Barnaby

It's never ok to Barnaby, especially around females

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Whitlam posted:

Definitely not the absolute worst, imo. I'd struggle to pick an absolute worst (it would probably depend on the day) but gun to my head I might be inclined to go with Eric Abetz.
Nah, Fraser Anning takes the gold poo poo medal. A vile racist that even makes Pauline and Bob Katter blush.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Holy poo poo today's Pope:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dandrew's Election Platform: Level Crossing removals, Royal Commission into Mental Health Support, support for more booze and food

Matty Guy: Duuurrrrrrr Alpha gangs we need cops to shoot criminals on spot, Labah waste

Herald Sun: With Guy's election platform, why would you even think of choosing Dandrews?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Peccadillo posted:

Who was the victorian gun humper guy who murdered his family the other day? Was he with these dogs?

I think he was the either the President or at least a part of the gun club in his area

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Queensland is strong, aka The Sunshine State, The Smart State, The State of Fear.

The IQ of an average Queenslander far exceeds those from other states. Queenslanders have a vice like grip evolved from decades of strong handshakes, crushing aluminium cans and fixing up Postie Bikes and modding them so they can be driven on the highway.

Queensland is not hated due to her flaws but due to her strenghths and the envy of those who are lesser and probably spend most of their time drinking coffee and pretending to be interested in buying a Tesla at a mall display.

Fake news :sad:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

What us going on in that first picture?

Looks like a bad use of the lasso tool in Photoshop
Ah Queensland. Probably tries to filter out the fluoride in their water.

hambeet posted:

gently caress he's gonna run for parliament
Not for the Liberal Party, he's been kicked out of it. That leaves One Nation, KAP or Independent.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Is it just me or is it as time passes the more brain spiders occupy Scott Morrison's brain

He just turns into Alf Stewart

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

snoremac posted:

Doesn’t Guy have mafia ties?

He had a lobster with a mobster

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hambeet posted:

Yep, and she's said she wants an urgent briefing on the eligibilty of Dutton and Crewther.

Katter has since come out and said he may too refer them to the high court although I'm cynical on katter. he just probably wants something

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hidys posted:

I wonder what Matthew Guy thinks of this whole scomobile poo poo. He must be relieved to have him out of the state he is surely distracting people from his own campaign.

I can’t imagine this is good for him.

Matty probably doesn't want a repeat of this:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

I tried to explain Matthew Guy and his Mafia links to Queenslanders and alot of them said it was fake news and I linked them articles and theirs response was that Fairfax is fake news.

Yeah, well, Queenslanders are gonna Queensland dude

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That was a quick backflip.

Did anyone watch last night's Four Corners on the *deep scary voice* Apex Gang violence in Victoria? Was it a hit job or did they actually make some effort to debunk the bullshit that the Herald Sun and Guy Matthew... I mean Matthew Guy, have been pedalling?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

How can you slow down something that has obviously stalled?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

simmyb posted:

I had completely forgotten Ted balleiaueu even existed until I saw this photo

That's Denis Naptime... I mean Napthine

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

The Melbourne Cup is like your wedding day with all your awful extended family invited, except replace the week of passionate meaningful sex afterwards with someone shooting a horse.

Well....that's one way of putting it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol the grimace on Matty Guy's face when he told the media that ScoMo was coming down to Victoria

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Tonight's ABC news. There's no clip of it on their website

That 730 segment on Rupert Murdoch was awful. Got a pack of Murdoch butt kissers to sing his praises.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Lmao this thread is great.

A good OP makes a good thread, I say.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

NSW worst state?

No because One Nation came from your state and Fraser Anning

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ah, this is a start of a long lasting short fuse relationship

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

At least our mob don't pull the mid week bullshit for elections like the US and UK

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

GoldStandardConure posted:

too bad they didn't kill each other

drat I need to find that newspaper vox pop image

froglet posted:

When I'm old and crazy I'd totally be down for buying/borrowing cars and blocking in political vehicles.

Why wait?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

poo poo did anyone mention that Leyonhjelm has been ordered to pay SHYs current costs and the case is proceeding?

Yeah, I think on the previous page. Lionhat has gotta be foaming from the mouth at the moment. Good.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

bowmore posted:

that sounds fine to me

bowmore posted:

I can’t afford red meat at it’s current prices anyway

Yes, and let's make the diets of the poor or not well off worse with putting a massive tax on a regularly consumed food product.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

bowmore posted:

No, I just can't afford meat most of the time (when someone isn't paying for hello fresh for me)
most of the poor or not well off don't eat meat, or probably shouldn't be spending money on sub-par meat

:thunk:

bowmore posted:

meat is murder, it shouldn't come cheap or be a treat tbh

Ah, now I get it.

Just because I don't like something, everyone else has to. Good job Herr Diktator

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Imagine being politically assassinated by Eric Abetz

It's an Abetz family trait

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Before Times posted:

I mean, uh, there's no ethical consumption under capitalism. carry on, comrade.
You don't say that without posting the image

Anidav posted:

I want a NSW spill

Go undermine your own state's Labor Party first before going after others

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Before Times posted:

Maybe we should just do what we can reasonably do to mitigate things. If you can't afford to cut out meat in general, just cut out red meat. If you can't afford to cut out red meat for whatever reason, then that's ok too. There's probably other stuff you can do but jfc don't make other people guilty because they can't make the same sacrifices as you for whatever reason.

It's like when the world was obsessed with cutting out plastic straws. There are lots of people who legit need them, so like, just have them available if someone asks for them and stop using them yourself if you're able to. It's not that hard to not be an rear end in a top hat about this stuff.

Sorry Mith, it's all or nothing

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

make NSW a good state.
Impossible

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Badham is a good journalist.

:thunk:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MysticalMachineGun posted:

SSMG just did a huge fart for a 3 month old, a good omen for what's to come

She has perfectly critiqued

YOUR

POASTING

:drat:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MysticalMachineGun posted:

It turned out to be a big poo

So yes

:hmmyes:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Kangaroo is the only meat that comes close to a 5 star health rating and we put them on coins rather than cull them like stalks of wheat to consume them like the giant horny jumping rats they are.

Spoken like a true environment destroying Queenslander

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Your kid's brown note perfectly summed up the episode

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drunkill posted:

Greyhound racing is now banned in Melbourne

Link?

EDIT: Arsehole.

Oh jolly, yet another shooting in America

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-08/californian-mass-shooting-bar-multiple-fatalities/10479602

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs