Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Voters don't give a poo poo about age. Hillary and Trump are both olds. Stop bringing that up ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Your Boy Fancy posted:

What makes you think it's for children?

Republicans/conservatives are literally mental children.

Edit: tons of centrist liberals are too but in different ways.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Lightning Knight posted:

...what? The state of China and other Asian countries today is directly due to fuckery by European empires and the United States, and today we benefit from modern colonialism in the form of cheap sweatshop labor. If you look at that and say "well it technically has increased their standard of living" and not "wow this is super hosed up we should do something to make sure nobody has to be poor anymore" maybe you're a bad person.

His argument is also either/or in terms of "sweatshop capitalism is the only way living conditions could have ever improved" which is obviously wrong and btw I really don't understand how you haven't banned him yet for being an obvious bad faith liar. I know you think it's useful for people to see counter arguments to his trash posts but there are plenty of other trash posters who aren't arguing in bad faith we could reply to.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Oh and even if living conditions are somewhat better for impoverished parts of Asia it's still not worth all the lives lost to the poor working conditions and all the suicides and all the pollution those plants dump into the local environments and all the other horrible injustices like workplace rape.

But bad faith arguers would say what centrist liberals say which is "better things aren't possible and incrementalism is the only thing we have". lol

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
If he comes back after banning then ban him again. Make money for the site.

If that's too much work just chain probate him once a month or something. Or give him the 11 year probation lol.

Sorry for the derail but he really isn't necessary or needed here. I'll shut up now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Your Taint posted:

I cant wait until she votes against something most of the thread wants and everyone turns on her.

Didn't she endorse Cuomo?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

NoDamage posted:

Agreed, but why does she seem like the only person willing to say these things out loud? The entire Democratic party should have been dunking on Republicans for their idiotic approach to health care for the past several years.

Because all the established old centrist Democrats are taking tons of money from insurance companies too.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Tibalt posted:

Boy, I can't conceive of any possible implications or consequences from letting the elected President be removed from office for purely partisan reasons once the opposing party wins control of the legislature. Literally none.

Not a single example in the last 20 years and 10 days come to mind.

LOL this assumes that Democrats are the good guys and don't deserve to be prosecuted for their crimes when in fact they are also trash criminals who take fucktons of money from billionaire Wall Street donors and their presidential criminal empires deserve to be brought down just like anyone else's.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

This is amazing

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/tom_carvel/status/1055792995273007104

there's a video of him shaving but there's a lot of screaming and honestly no one needs to see that

YOU!

WHERE THE gently caress IS YOUR CHIN?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Romes128 posted:

is it weird that i know what this dudes dick and butthole look like

New thread title plz

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Cactus posted:

I agree with this. Trump introduced the concept of cutting out the middle man (media) to tweet his message directly to his people. It's no surprise that actual intelligent people started adopting the same technique that has demonstrably worked so well, and proceeded to do it effectively and consistently. This is the left using one of their advantages that they have over the right; they're smarter.

If only the general population weren't so staggeringly dumb.

AOC owns though.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Insurrectum posted:

Sitting here this morning like

Same

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Bicyclops posted:

While they're at it, they can take "under God" out of the pledge, or, better still, throw the entire Pledge of Allegiance into the garbage.

The latter. It's creepy and authoritarian and it's brainwashing to force it on kids too young to question it and/or too young to understand what they're actually saying.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Kerning Chameleon posted:

The truth is more important than anything, including the will to live. If someone can't go on without believing the lie, that's a failure of their personality, not the truth teller's. The world and everyone in it is complete poo poo; always has been, always will be. Learn to live with that fact, or don't.

LOL brood harder

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Your Taint posted:

tbf saying "I don't know why we should believe anything you say" and not giving the guy a chance to respond is kind of a dick move. Good on her, though.

gently caress off with your stupid bullshit decorum

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

They're making it themselves, so they're definitely killing the cheap-rear end sugar and sawdust wonderbread industry that so many boomers love and enjoy.

Good

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Captain Invictus posted:

It was pages back, but that lady going off in the Mexican restaurant, it's admirable when someone steps up to put a stop to that poo poo, but has anyone just flat-out decked the person shouting racist poo poo? I remember the guy with the nazi armband getting knocked the gently caress out but that's the only one on video I can think of.

I'm too lazy to find it right now but in either Negrotown or the white fragility thread in TGRS there's a video of a kid knocking his stepdad out cold for calling his friend a stupid n word. It's awesome.

Not long after the '16 election there was also a video of some white guy harassing a black guy at a gas station. They start to fight, the white guy puts the black guy in a headlock, then the black guy just straight up suplexes the racist right onto the back of his head and knocks him out. It's my favorite racist own ever and I can't ever find it to watch it again.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Good

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Faustian Bargain posted:

It's not racist if you don't say the n-word.

This is something conservatives legitimately believe.

White people in general think that racism consists solely of "individual acts of intentional meanness". This includes Democrats and liberals and centrists.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
One of the important intangible things impeachment would do is show voters that they actually have a spine and are willing to stand for something and that would energize a lot of people.

They won't though of course.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Seph posted:

The boomers are dying, friend. The average age of a boomer is around 65 years old, and with that comes a mortality rate of 0.5%-2% per year (depending on individual circumstances). If we take the midpoint of 1.25% and apply that to the ~75 million boomers, we get an estimate of a little under a million boomers dying every year. That number will continue to go up - in ten years' time the mortality rate will be triple what it is currently.

So in 2020 there will be roughly 3 million fewer boomers than in 2016, and in 2024 there will be roughly 8 million fewer boomers than 2016. Their influence is rapidly waning.

Except they had kids and passed on their lovely ideas to them. See also: Maga teen chuds harassing native Indians and theatric grifters like Tomi Lahren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MrSargent posted:

I don't understand people using one or two examples propped up by the media as evidence while simultaneously ignoring actual data that says the complete opposite.

What I'm saying is that dead boomers don't take their garbage opinions with them.

Yes, things are getting better but "just wait for boomers to die" isn't a strategy for a better world.