Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tsaedje posted:

BBC already going all in on Albon being 'british born'

He grew up and went to school in the UK. His dad is British. What's Thai about him besides his mom?

Wait... is this his mom? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...h-holidays.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The Kimoa Kid posted:

W Series released a list of potential entrants: https://www.motorsport.com/w-series/news/wseries-preliminary-driver-list/4305372/

No Florsch (not sure how long she'll be recovering), no Deegan, otherwise I don't see anyone missing. There are several drivers in their 30s, which seems too old for this sort of thing. Also Carmen Jorda is on the list, ugh.

I think drivers had to apply to be part of the series. IIRC Floersch's criticized the series so it's not surprising she's not on the list.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Carth Dookie posted:

Is your daughter Sebastian Vettel in a wig?

She didn't say anything about her daughter being a fraud who melts down at the slightest hint of pressure.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidpoocati posted:

Everything you posted is wrong. The FIA haven’t enforced the rules against max and if anything need to be more strict.

Also Ferrari owns, LeClerc owns.

Surely he meant Max Mosley, not frogboy.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Holy poo poo, your dog got fat and hairy.

Turn your mirror.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Theophany posted:

He used to wear a surfer type necklace all the time when he was doing Sky F1 coverage but because his neck is so fat it was like a choker. loving hell I am ashamed of my fellow Brits.

Britain's lucky to have created America so you'll always have somebody else to laugh at.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Joe's Award is so insufferable.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

poty posted:

Where are all the geniuses who forced me into the mental health asylum until I "admitted there was no 2016 Malaysian GP conspiracy" now?

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1072492998464888834

Never stop speaking truth to power, poty.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

They're now sleeping with the fishes.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

DoctorGonzo posted:

How realible its the daily mail.

Almost as reliable as Ricciardo's Red Bull this past season.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

djssniper posted:

Pretty sure Vijay Mallya owned the team as a prestige thing than a sporting interest

I like how Mallya's still retweeting Force Point Racing or whatever it's called now even when he no longer owns the team.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Bottas just needs to be a good wingman to help Lewis win another WDC and do enough to secure the WCC for the team. Shouldn't be too difficult.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

marshalljim posted:

With the year about to end, I'm gonna make a meatloaf tonight in honor of this season's WDC. Basic, boring, but reliably good, meatloaf is truly the Lewis Hamilton of comfort foods.

Melt down some cheese and have a fondue in honor of Seb.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

This thread be like

now that iospace is back.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

LOL COTA lost their $20 million funding from Texas for the 2018 race due to an administrative fuckup on their part.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/circuit-of-the-americas-denied-20m-state-funding-from-2018-f1-race/1796954274

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Maybe they should do a podcast instead if they're gonna have that guy on...

This is the kind of quality burn that this thread needs more of.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Jack Nicholls does F1 commentary on BBC 5 Live radio, so maybe they just used his radio commentary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So basically the lowest placed driver of the big 3 teams is always going to pick up the fastest lap point because they're going to be well ahead of everyone else and can pit with minimal risk.