Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
You get two new maps + 2 sniper assassin maps, eventually. The maps are a decent bet to be "very good" as they are churning out great stuff now. It's honestly a bad value but I'm a Hitman stan and I want to support independent IO (although apparently it doesn't matter as they're getting bought by Microsoft, drat)

The best thing to do is probably buy Hitman 2 + the Legacy pack (if you don't have it), that will give you a ton of great content to screw around with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Dr Cheeto posted:

Colorado is kind of bad

It promotes a very different atmosphere and play-style than your "typical" Hitman level, by design. I don't think it quite lands but it's pretty good.

Hitman 2's level design is really "safe" and I don't mean that as a negative. The levels are the best they've ever been.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The release of Hitman 2016 was a lesson in how waiting for the "complete" game was overrated and you have more fun if you play it episodically.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Cojawfee posted:

I never played the first 2015 Hitsmen.

Good news! You can play almost all of it inside of Hitman 2 with all the improvements.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

drat. I had a total pipedream of a hope that they would do some Blood Money levels in the new engine. Oh well I still love the poo poo out of that game. Contracts and Silent Assassin I can't get into because they're pretty rough looking nowadays and I really love accident kills

I mean, they basically did remake A New Life in Hitman 2. I would like to see a few more tho, absolutely.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

where the red fern gropes posted:

on a level like hokkaido, where there are cliffs, you can walk to the top of them to strangle the guy up there. they don't let you climb they're just a fiber wire, i don't know why i mentioned the cliffs

I read this three times and then burst out laughing. Nice work.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I like the Sniper Assassin poo poo and I'm glad to be playing it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

There was also Assassin's Creed multiplayer, if you got a good match it played a lot like what you're envisioning. Big problem here was that both pros and newbs played without any regard for stealth (for completely different reasons)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The hacker saw his buddy get wrenched and then I shot him in the head and still lost Silent Assassin. Bummer. I really miss the previous games' method of not breaking SA when you beaned people if the onlooker was a target and was killed before they could communicate with anyone.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Man this is truly a Live Services game done right. Good content, doesn't require some bullshit deal to unlock it, the timed stuff is generous enough to enjoy. Glad to support these guys.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm gonna murder him with the explosive pen this time lol

TIME PARADOX

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

StrixNebulosa posted:

:sigh:

guys, Hitman 2's tutorial is available for free (i.e. Hawke's bay) and that means everyone and their mother has added it and idled for cards without playing it. That's why achievements are wonked

Go check this stuff on PS4 if you want the real numbers.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Level 6: Harp Maintenance

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

where the red fern gropes posted:

they featured my cheeseburger-throwing contract (hungry hungry hitman)

Awesome! Congrats!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Funky Valentine posted:

There is a way I found to get Mann without people seeing, it was knock his rear end out when he's climbing the stairs to the conference room. It doesn't seem that anyone else goes there so you can just leave him.

I think you can do a similar thing with Perez when he's climbing the stairs from the vault, but I'm pretty sure people actually use those stairs.

Nope, they both work, if you do Perez last and exit the building immediately. And yeah that's how I got 'em both.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Pilchenstein posted:

You got a source for this?

One of the biggest tells is that the leaderboards have significantly less people on them than Hitman 1.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Pilchenstein posted:

That's not really a great metric for a ton of different reasons.

I'm listening.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

LMAO I beat the Angel of Death by waiting like 30 minutes and shooting the cafe sign but forgot that soldiers aren't allowed to carry sniper rifles anymore and got pinched for it. Dang it!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

99 percent, huh?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

StrixNebulosa posted:

40$ expansion pass that contains only two new maps.

Yes, and everyone knew that from the beginning. Look at the date of my post below. December of last year.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You get two new maps + 2 sniper assassin maps, eventually. The maps are a decent bet to be "very good" as they are churning out great stuff now. It's honestly a bad value but I'm a Hitman stan and I want to support independent IO

They were 100% transparent about what you would be getting and for some reason some people are still whining about it almost a year later. It was always going to be a bad value.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Now do the stats for who finished Miami.

(it's 20%)

Be real careful about assuming anything from those stats. Hitman 2 is a well-known idlers game.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 9, 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Love to have an ET see me for a microsecond before I shoot them, literally not start or say any animations, then have the entire building immediately go into Target Lockdown via telepathy and get killed, failing the mission.

Great poo poo.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Zedd posted:

Jordan Cross is far from a good person but also seems fairly innocent compared to the other monsters and scum that are targets.

He's a murderer who killed his girlfriend and then went right back to his rocker lifestyle.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Zedd posted:

That's almost innocent compared to "Literally the Illuminati" "Human bioweapon researcher" "banker" or "Not Sin Rostro"

It's a less impactful form of murder but no less contemptible. He's absolutely going to kill again and, at some point, will be in control of his Illuminati father's assets.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Hitman 3 looks real, real good.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Thank you blessed king Io.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

"If you can't divest yourself from the CCP in every way possible, just don't bother" is some real hot poo poo.

China is in every aspect of America's supply chain, we've shipped them gobs of our industrial capacity, we (as a society) hosed up real bad. Of course some rando deciding not to support Tencent isn't going to solve the problem, but it's a moral decision and they are entitled to make it. Mocking them is poo poo.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Dabir posted:

Yes, they certainly have said that. If I was taking a very lucrative deal with a pretty unpopular company I'd want to paint it in a good light too.

"My business was bad, so I had to get a loan from the bank" is not painting that transaction in a good light. It's just a statement of fact. You have got some pretty heavy baggage about this.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Nakar posted:

I'm seeing a bunch of lovely preview videos by people I've never heard of who don't seem to have any past Hitman content or any meaningful connection to the Hitman community. Is this Epic sending stuff out as a marketing blitz or something? It's kind of annoying, especially since these people are almost universally terrible at playing the game correctly.

Please give a couple examples, just so I can watch a few moments and feel better about myself (the #1 purpose of the Internet)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Man I really wish they had done some sort of load testing, there's all sorts of cloud computing resources you can use now in order to dynamically scale up your capacity for launch days. Feels like they just hosted this poo poo on their own servers and said "gently caress it". Ah well, I'm sure they'll learn from their mistakes.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

TheAgent posted:

I was able to play the first hitman at an E3 demo booth in 1999 and played the hotel level and was doing a whole bunch of weird poo poo and the dev was all "wellll we are gonna have to change some stuff if this is how people like you play this game" and it was p funny

jesus christ that was also the E3 that I made stupidly fawning comments to Bruce Campbell as I got his autograph and think I creeped him out a bit

I was at this E3 as well. Played GTA 2 and was like "jesus this is gonna be a monster hit". That was an incredible E3 to attend, happy memories.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The story is good enough that if you want to get into it, you can. That's about the best I can say about it. It's not terrible and I'm enjoying it just fine.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

mistermojo posted:

the mission intros are cool and the starting locations means you dont have to do them every time

Yes, I thought this was a great idea implemented well. Give you a more cinematic experience the first time through, then let you go buck wild later.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I am going to imagine that the rework of the Elusive Targets includes something to do with the camera in some of the older locations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Pirate Jet posted:

They’re full up, but you can coin one over to a dumpster in the garage.

:mmmhmm:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

That's one of three Escalations that comes with the Deluxe version. You can't see this on an Xbox?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Oh, sorry. All I can say is that I have it on my Playstation.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

bradzilla posted:

Maybe you need to realize it's a loving video game

I think he might be trolling you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000