Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

just wait until people get their hands on Dante

I can't wait for this game's version of SWORTRICKSWORGUASWORDTRICKGUNTRICKGUARDSWORDTRICKGUNSWORTRICK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I'm absolutely fuming over these reviews I'm imagining I wish you could see how bad they are

I mean, have you seen games journos react to it throughout its development? They're absolutely not over how people still hated DmC after they praised it to the moon.

https://twitter.com/lonelytiefling/status/1079446798308175872

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't know if it works this way

but if you could have a custom controller set-up for each character that they game auto used when you played as them

it would be smokin' sexy style

Why set up a special program to do that? The game keeps track of how you set up buttons for each playable character.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So I finished and I have only one thing to say.

So Nero just has everything now huh? Every mechanic. He just needs to steal Gryffon at this point.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Wait how can you give Lady a better movelist when she was hilariously, impossibly strong in 4SE?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

You will never get me to break an arm if I can't help it. Even if it's a stage boss.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

in mission 8, how do you get the goodies on the other side of the sinking platforms? just kill the baddies before it falls down?

Or Gerbera across the gaps.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

tried that and it didn't work. guess i need to time it better

Here's a timestamped video run of the blue orb one. Spoiler warning though, since it's all the collectible locations in the game.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Omi no Kami posted:

As Dante, how do you deal with Stinger pushing enemies away? Nero can use his wire to quickly close the distance, but with Dante I find myself constantly a hairsbreadth out of melee range. I can just walk forward after the stinger, or spam it until they're trapped in a corner, but there must be a better way to close in that I'm missing.

Don't just stinger, release the stick and hold the button to start million stab, which is cancellable into any number of things like high time or propeller or any sort of command normal or style input on a switched weapon.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The DMC anime is done by exactly the same people as did the Gungrave anime, and is done in much the same way.

Whether that idea makes you excited or disgusted, that's how how you'll probably feel about it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

All of the rest.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Okay I did forget about DmC.

All of the rest except DmC please do as I did and forget it exists in the light of much better games like all of them.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

is there any way i can unequip ebony & ivory?

i thought it was going to be something i could do once i beat the game, but it seems the only thing that really changed is letting me pick what main sword i want for dante

Beat SoS

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, Real Impact is an absurd shitload of damage whose only real downside is the windup and that isn't a huge one.

There's also the downside of 'distortion is gone and I'm sad'

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

On topic has anyone beat (Mission 8) Urizen 2 yet? I got him to like 15% of his life left but his crystal reforms after 10 seconds so I wound up fumbling super hard at the finish line

Yeah and it's the same as the prologue if you win. Kinda disappointing considering the hassle, tbh. I was hoping for a little something extra.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

what's everyone's opinion on (postgame dante equipment) rebellion vs sparda vs dante

the last one's got some good spammy moves but losing the moveset i've become familiar with over the last ten years still messes up my flow from time to time

DSD fixes almost every problem I've ever had with Dante's base sword moveset ever since DMC1, short of just making Stinger automatically go into Million Stab. Defaulting to Helm Breaker as your only non-style aerial attack has always been incredibly frustrating and I'm glad they had the sense to walk that back as soon as they could. That said, ever since I unlocked the ability to, I've kept Sparda right next to DMD just for the sake of the lost style moves and nothing else.

That said I wish they took a note from DMC4SE Vergil's book and also gave Dante an Air Stinger but hey. And maybe made kick mode not default to Starfall in the air too, just make all the knockdown moves command normals.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 16, 2019

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Fellblade posted:

Is this a separate move from the double jump?

I couldn’t get far enough with the ledge-run-jump, teleport and double jump.

Shadow hop, swing your cane in mid-air three times, glide, and then teleport at the end, and you'll get it

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Gunbusted/status/1107841415885803521

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheSphereHunter/status/1110575620965072896

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

So many weird things like "discard 2nd kalina" or "shorthair Dante" being hidden behind secondary button prompts is some classic Capcom poo poo. IDK how anyone was gonna find out about the "chewing gum" thing though, that's hilarious.

It tells you that you got it when you unlock it, and then it shows up in the command list.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

now that's a better talk about royal guard vs trickster than whatever was going on here earlier

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Honestly, the only things I don't care for with Vergíl's design this time around is the outfit color and that he doesn't have that lock of hair sticking out like he did before.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Whoever made Level 70 is an evil goddamn human being.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

After I watched someone beat every boss in Bloodborne without dodging I realized that there is a gaming Event Horizon where people are out their literally torturing themselves to beat video games with such ludicrous handicaps that it just starts to lose meaning.

True, there's always a new challenge. I mean, I decided to do a Buster Duel of Vergil not that long ago.

It's hilariously unfun but still the best 3d megaman game.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

Stance switch for Nightmare maybe? Less damaging, but waaaaay faster.

It would be absolutely insane from a development effort perspective, but a fun idea would be taking your three basic buttons (melee, ranged, and DT), and assign a different demon to each in the customize menu, as if it were weapons for Dante.

So like you could have a Griffon that attacks with fast but weak pecks and claw slashes which would be good for flying enemies but loses the rapidfire projectiles and lightning, or if you set him to DT you could summon a giant DMC1 style Griffon who just does all the DMC1 things but with bigger AOEs and damage. Nightmare in melee form would be just a smaller and faster version of how he is in-game, and projectile version could just be the DMC1 blob with the little laser cannons and stuff. And a ranged Shadow could summon spikes from the ground where enemies are standing.

Hell, if you wanted to, you could easily put Phantom into this too, and take care of that issue people were talking about with having to pull your demons out of a fight for evasion. You could set a 'defensive' demon, with the default being Phantom, who instead of giving side or back dodges, could put up a shield, and maybe have some royal guard elements in there if you block at the right time. And of course he could be switched to a melee or ranged form, where he'd attack with pounces or fireballs or whatnot.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That said, the taunt also gives it a particularly annoying drawback:

https://twitter.com/Sexy_Ferg/status/1113944954647261184

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Spergatory posted:

I didn't read a word of what anyone posted about Bloodborne. The discussion is over. I'm not arguing with you about it anymore. This is the loving DMC5 topic. I'm sorry I even brought it up.

"I'm not owned! I actively refuse to acknowledge that I've been owned! You're the ones who've been owned!"

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pomp posted:

It takes mental effort to avoid charging after 10 years of 4 Nero

Same but distortions

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I just wish I could play every mission as Dante. There's so much about Nero's gameplay design that annoys me -- Blue Rose charging, Exceed, Devil Breakers as a limited resource, all of it. I actually prefer V to Nero.

:ohno:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Why would you not want the concentration mechanic, it owned super hard

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The only times you get to fight Dante with Vergil are in dmc4se

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Vante. It's been the nickname for years, c'mon now.