Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Here's a thread to post and joke about this late breaking news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kraft’s a regular a sex slave rub and tug. Jerry meanwhile has consensual orgies with DFW’s finest strippers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oh poo poo yeah this is a state charge all the records are public. Gonna pull up everything when I get home.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This wasn’t a one off. This was Bob Kraft’s regular rub and tug near his Palm Beach, FL house.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I still haven't seen the charging documents and haven't looked at the statute, but if Kraft is being charged with even a first degree misdemeanor, he will probably be placed into some sort of deferred prosecution agreement. Every state attorney's office in Florida has a number of DPAs they can use with first time offenders. The rules of these programs are extremely flexible. Kraft's will likely require him to pay a large amount to some charity associated with trafficking women. The agreement itself is not a part of the court record, so we'll never see it. We'll just see that his charges got dropped after he completes whatever requirements are placed upon him by the state attorney.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:f5:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hobbesmaster posted:

Probably about those assault charges against him?

Those were dismissed a few weeks ago and he announced that he was going to pursue action against Jacob Wohl. This would be for something different.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ah that's what Avenatti meant. :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

sweet thursday posted:

That's the thing. Everyone local to an area knows a rub n tug is a rub n tug. I'm sure Kraft knows all the spots in his neighborhood and was smart enough to stay away from them. Why did he think flying to the bottom half of the country and doing obvious poo poo there would turn out any different?

Tell me again why he is worth so much for his supposed decision making and leadership capabilities?

I dunno if someone answered already but he lived around the corner and this was his regular rub and tug location.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Multiple billionaires using the same $59 rub and tug. loving :lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The state attorney office also doesn’t have all the information from police yet. The police would be who to ask.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Its Rinaldo posted:

Wouldn't they? The police aren't going to start a huge investigation into human trafficking and start releasing names without being in contact or state attorneys being aware of it

The police don’t notify prosecutors of every investigation unless they need a warrant or are presenting a probable cause affidavit.

State attorneys become involved at some point in an investigation, however they are responsible for the prosecution side of things. Police are the ones investigating the crimes. At this early of a stage, they’re the ones with all of the information, and even then it’s going to be scattered among a bunch of officers and not necessarily consolidated.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Elephanthead posted:

Prostitution is legal in a lot of places and Kraft has a private jet and the team plane at his disposal.

Yeah but this is around the corner from his house. He was a frequent customer. Why fly somewhere for a routine thing you can get on the way home from golfing?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Asproigerosis posted:

how was he a frequent customer if this place just opened last november? Or did I read something wrong along the way.

He was there often enough that he represents two of the 26 current charges.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hobbesmaster posted:

has anyone posted the clips from the charging document?

Someone posted the probable cause affidavit earlier in the thread.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He’s not going to be found guilty, either. He’s almost certainly going to get a deferred prosecution agreement and get the charge expunged once that is done.

If for some reason they won’t give him a DPA, and plea deal will almost certainly include an adjudication withheld instead of guilty as this is his first offense.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Once this is done, he'll have a case available on the clerk site and we'll be able to track what's going on in almost real time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

evilweasel posted:

huh kraft may actually go to jail since he had two violations

They aren’t charged as two separate violations, and that’s only subsequent convictions following a first.

He’s almost certainly getting probation with adjudication withheld if he doesn’t get some sort of deferred prosecution agreement from the state attorney.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So they brought up Kraft on two separate charges :lol:

His cases in Palm Beach County court are 2019MM2346 & 2348.

Because he has multiple charges and because of the nature of his charges, the odds of a deferred prosecution have decreased. He will still likely strike some sort of plea agreement instead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

evilweasel posted:

does the two separate charges mean the mandatory 10 days in jail?

I don't believe so. I don't have lexis access at the moment to check statutes annotated, but the statute specifies "convicted" of second offense. He likely won't receive a conviction for either of the charges.

One thing, however, that seems to be amiss. I do think the second charge should be a third degree felony not a misdemeanor. I'm sure the SAO is on top of it and will amend the charging information if proper. This is probably addressed in caselaw.

I hope I'm right that the latter should be a third degree felony.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

evilweasel posted:

he can change his plea later

pleading not guilty lets him try to work out a quiet plea deal, it would be super dumb to plead guilty right now

This. You always plea not guilty at the beginning. The most he'll ever change his plea to is no contest. People rarely ever plead guilty at arraignment unless it's a minor thing that will be sorted with a fine.

He'll work out a plea deal that consolidates both cases to avoid the felony second charge, have to serve some administrative probation (meaning no reporting), pay the $10,000 in statutory fines, and probably donate $20,000 in lieu of 200 hours of community service to a designated charity. One or both of the charges will be reduced to disorderly conduct. Adjudication will be withheld on both charges. There will be between $500-1000 in court costs and fees.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rooster Brooster posted:

i think about this post a lot

its really good and makes me laugh every time i read it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Andy Reid going whole hog sure conjures up a different mental image than Bob Kraft going whole hog.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

March 27th is arraignment.

Also the tape, if police have it, could potentially be accessed through a public records request with the police department.

And his lawyer’s filings look weird for state court. I don’t know why he didn’t waive arraignment and his notice of appearance has odd wording and formatting. It shows that an out of state attorney is writing it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Like typically you waive arraignment with your notice of appearance and written plea of not guilty. It’s so common that the florida courts e-filing system has NOA/Plea of NG/Waiver of Arraignment as an option when e-filing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Grittybeard posted:

I hadn't thought about this, this is a Florida Man thing right?

Yuuuuuup. Public record motherfuckers.

He also won’t be getting these charges sealed or expunged unless he gets them completely dismissed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nothing for a bit. We’ll see more on the 27th.

I should note that Kraft is demanding a non-jury trial.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Proteus Jones posted:

"Your Honor, my client pleads a big fat re-election contribution"

For both the judge and state attorney, i’m sure.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nah right now no one is talking to the judge. Kraft’s lawyers are certainly talking directly with the elected state attorney not so much the misdemeanor assistant state attorney. They may have a plea agreement in place by arraignment.

If they can’t put him into a deferred prosecution agreement (because of the multiple charges and the nature of the charges) he’s going to get some administrative probation (probation only in name) and have to pay a massive statutory fine (relative to the severity of the charge), and pay out some extra in place of the statutory community service.

He won’t be able to clear this from his record, but I doubt he gives a drat about that.

I don’t see his charges getting dismissed, though. We’ll know soon enough.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

sweet thursday posted:

Lmao this naive kid doesn't know about the parallel nipple play-based legal system for the rich and powerful

:ssh: i'm a florida attorney and former criminal defense attorney. I know all about the system. That's why I said they're talking to the elected state attorney for certain and working out a deal. The charges may prevent them from something that would allow them to put it into a deferred program short of reducing both charges to disorderly conduct. Since the spotlight is on, I don't think they'll do that.

As such, his best deal is going to be a big fine and he'll have "probation adjudication withheld" as the final disposition status for the charges. He won't be on actual probation. He'll have to pay a $10,000 fine for the offenses themselves as set by statute, he'll have to pay another $10,000-$20,000 in lieu of the statutory community service, and court costs of around $800 or so.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hobbesmaster posted:

"On the first charge, the jury finds the defendant 'gently caress the pats'"

Yeah that part makes sense. But it's really obvious that the non-florida attorneys are working this case so who knows how it's going to go. For example, on their notice of appearance, they put it as "Praecipe for Appearance" which from google seems to be a pennsylvania thing more than anything.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AsInHowe posted:

It's not all bad for Kraft if he has to make an appearance.

If Robert Kraft has to come down to Florida to make an appearance at this trial, maybe he could stop by his favorite local destination, Orchids of Asia day spa.

He primarily lives in Florida. That's why he's a return customer at Orchids of Asia.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Mr. Nice is there any scenario where we DO NOT get the tape because I'm trying to manage expectations

I can't honestly say. I've only done public records requests for my former clients, but I don't see any reason why someone down south couldn't put in a 119 request to the police and go pick up the video on a disc. There will be whatever costs to find and duplicate the videos, but unless there's an exception I'm not aware of it's a public record in possession of a state agency. That means that it's accessible.

e: Now, just because we can get the item via a PRR does not mean that we would have lawful authority to publish it or share it on the internet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AsInHowe posted:

HOLY poo poo
HOLY loving poo poo

THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER

Trump cheered Kraft’s team to Super Bowl victory with founder of spa where he was busted

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article227186429.html

hAHAHAHAHA

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Not that it will matter to teflon don, but still, loving :lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fsif posted:

This the Schefter name?

I wouldn't be surprised if south florida police had been hiding a video of the mushroom rub from the public.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stolen from C-SPAM:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Petey posted:

So let me see if I have this right:

- Kraft gets busted for solicitation
- He argues that it isn't illegal because it's consensual, actually, and was with owner
- He hires Jeffrey Epstein's lawyer to defend
- The founder (not current owner) of the spa is close to Trump
- She's not charged in the trafficking but also does not comment on whether she knew about it

The more this goes on, the more it feels like this isn't just old man RKK having a sex addiction and bad judgment, but something quite a bit darker

Don't forget the $25-50k for photographs with Scott and Trump that are certainly not ways to dodge donation restrictions.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

General Dog posted:

Is Kraft going to Florida specifically for a $50 handjob weirder than Mark Davis travelling $400 miles to get his haircut? It's a close call.

Kraft lives in south Florida. It’s his primary residence to take advantage of Florida’s generous homestead exemptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I have to reiterate, this was Bob Kraft’s regular rub and tug spot. He was a frequent customer as it’s around the corner from his palm beach home.