Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Today I learned that Nate Webb is still alive and wrestling. Also, hell yeah to the Legion of Rot getting non-CHIKARA bookings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I hope they book Sir William Black next.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Oh hey, Tim Donst is still around.

How does GCW afford all these fly-ins and name talent? They can't be doing THAT well, and it seems like they run shows all the time.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lumbermouth posted:

This gif doesn’t have the best part of the exchange: Cassidy saying “Joey he hit me so hard” when Janela comes up to him.

It's right up there with "I got out" from his match with Jervis.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

coconono posted:

I met him a few years ago before all the DV stuff broke and he was pretty chill then but lately all I hear about him is he's all hosed up and loud.

Sami stories always remind me of Jimmy Jacobs' first appearance on Art of Wrestling, where he talked about being a huge mark for all the worst, most antisocial parts of old school wrestling.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mob posted:

It also behooves Sami to pretend to care since his girlfriend uses the n-word so much

Wait, what?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

coconono posted:

Havok was doing some close to the knuckle jokes with her friend on social media

Then some folks her were wanting to bounce her from her WWE contract offered some shopped tweets.

Havok then puts on a masterclass of how not to handle the situation and it goes downhill from there.

Woof. I hadn't seen any of that. Well, I'm still glad that Sami stuck up for Sonny Kiss even if he is a piece of poo poo in every other respect.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

Is Nate Webb the new Sandman minus all the drugs?

I feel like you can't be one without the other.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

frankenfreak posted:

I think OC walking out of frame, no doubt bored of waiting for the pic to be taken, is my favorite thing.

That he's pretty much wearing what he wrestles in is great, too.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Orange Cassidy vs Yano when

The possibility of NJPW booking Cassidy is the one bright spot in our otherwise extremely dark and stupid timeline.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Huntman posted:

been a bit of Eddie Kingston love on here lately and he deserves it. everything he does comes off as so authentic and genuine (even when he is being the scary mad king). cool to see him continuing to be the coolest.

He's also willing to look like a total goof when needed, as we saw in the Urban Wrestling Federation. Kingston rules and I hope he gets his moment in the sun before he retires.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Holy poo poo yeah I can see their personalities clashing in a really entertaining way.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Pinche Rudo posted:

Necro got like 10 concussions just in the Guerilla Warfare match against Super Dragon and the finish was this gem of a bump:

https://twitter.com/GlobalForceGold/status/1093779715696050176?s=19

I was really disheartened by Necro becoming a chud until I heard Erick Stevens explain the extent to which he was an insane person who would take any bump asked of him without question. It still sucks, but his brain is pudding now so of course he supports Trump.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Getting stapled is one thing. Removing staples is goddamned awful.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

coconono posted:

Anyway, getting punched sucks and I don’t recommend it.

Can confirm that getting punched absolutely sucks.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

GCW crowds seem like they have that classic ECW Rocky Horror Picture Show vibe without the problem of being Philly rear end in a top hat sports fans.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Deathlove posted:

Finally catching up on Beyond and Eddie Kingston is a blessing on commentary. Like, I don't know that I need him for two hours or whatever, but just a few matches here and there for flavor.

He was perfect for the Starr v Orange Cassidy match, especially when OC started doing real moves and Kingston was straight up baffled by it.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

davidbix posted:

It's correct that this is more the situation than any restrictions on Gage in the United States, as he's been off parole for almost two years now. But, as noted, that can change, as MVP and Booker T have both worked in Japan. However, IIRC, they did have issues getting paperwork to work there on WWE tours, though. And if you look at Cagematch and search their results for "Japan," their only matches in Japan are for Japanese promotions, with NJPW and Wrestle-1 for MVP and NOW and NJPW for Booker.

Well now I want to see Nick Gage in NJPW. Book it coward Gedo.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Wrestling is the king of sports.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ganso Bomb posted:

Fuckin' stoked to see Dan Champion getting the Orange Cassidy match. He's a lot of fun.

He and OC are friends and have worked each other three other times I know of - their matches are always fun.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, we have some mutual friends as well which makes it more exciting for me. A friend of mine back in PA does a lot of merch printing for folks in/around that area and promotes the "Let's Hang Out" shows every few months. Gotta be pretty fun for him to see this match pop up again in Beyond after he put it together in a (mostly) dead mall a few months back.

Wrestling is weird and great.

Oh, the LVAC guy? He used to co-run a show space in Bethlehem and is super nice. I think he has ties to Square of Opposition Records, too.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yup, he runs Square of Opposition as well. Really solid dude who really seems to be hitting full stride with all of the irons he has in the fire right now. Couldn't be happier for him!

Glad to hear it! And yeah, the OC/Champ mall match is really fun for those who haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Sg07F-UiA

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Pinche Rudo posted:

Nick Gage is one of the most charismatic wrestlers you'll ever see live. His music hits and you can't resist screaming at him to kill his opponent and it makes you want to stab a cop caller.

It helps that Gage matches consistently deliver what's promised (violent chaotic spectacle) so he's earned a lot of goodwill with fans. He's definitely got the Necro Butcher aura of "this motherfucker is here to kill people."

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Only because he doesn't wear makeup.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

Gang affiliated

all fuckin day

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

DarkstarIV posted:

Dunno what thread this belonged in, but apparently Gail Kim, Lita, and Christy Hemme are launching a wrestling promotion. They need to raise the money through Kickstarter first though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kayfabe/kayfabe?ref=card

Jimmy Jacobs is part of this thing, too. Huh.

Dom Garrini is mostly okay but he needs to stop wrestling in his gi because it looks like poo poo once it gets all dissheveled.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Wrestling is the king of sports.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

TheJunkyardGod posted:

Wait is Eat The Turnbuckle a nazi band?

Not officially but a couple of their members are connected to very lovely people/crews in the area.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Dangerous Person posted:

Please let him keep the one where he and Orange Cassidy get high and beat up wrestling school trainees

His R-rated Chikara interviews are amazing, especially the one where he cameos as Cocaine Ant.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MorrisBae posted:

He's also well known in the Guns N' Roses fan community for extorting people for information on the band/unreleased material - because of that, he's banned from most GNR message boards

This is mind-boggling.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Have the Von Erichs been worth a drat for MLW?

They're okay in the ring, but much like the more famous generation of Von Erichs, their matches aren't terribly complicated.

L.A. Park has been fun in MLW but that's about it. I officially gave up on it after the billionth hardcore match between Mance Warner and Jimmy Havoc that was the same as all their previous matches.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lamuella posted:

Safe to say we won't be seeing any more of those.

True! Nothing else about MLW's product is drawing me back to it, though. You'd think a promotion that books so many potential style clashes would be more interesting, but here we are.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Deathlove posted:

Marko beat his rear end at the Clusterfuck for it, good times.

Like in the ring or backstage? I hadn't heard about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Deathlove posted:

Punk-Samoa Joe II is great.

Seconded, it's really good and they had great chemistry then.