Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

zipping all over last season and then having two setup episodes when you only got 6 total is very l o l.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm guessing everyone in the crypt is dust at this point.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

*finds out she incested with her nephew* you mean i'm NOT the heir???

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Robot Mil posted:

I kind of assumed that the Sansa and Dany scene was meant to be forced. Like, she isn't really trying to best best mates with Sansa, she was just badly pretending to be nice to try and get Sansa on side. It was super fake and obvious but it seemed like that's kinda true of Dany, she isn't used to being nice to people instead of whining at or killing them...

yeah i was thinking daenerys was faking it but emilia clarke is a bad actor so i couldn't tell.

double negative posted:

dont trust anyone who didnt immediately skip past the arya gendry scene

yeah the second he showed up i just zipped right on lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

itskage posted:

lmbo gently caress off with this poo poo. You're whining about exposition in a show that started a decade ago when we're not going to see half these characters again. We deserve these moments. You want to be all like "beep boop the show did not advance the plot therefore it is bad writing beep" when Jaime just knighted Brienne, or Sam gave Jorah his family sword as if that doesn't mean poo poo in this character driven story. You and the Zaphod42's of the world: I'm sure I speak for over half of the thread readers when I say "lmbo gently caress off".

problem is they spent last season teleporting everyone around to get people into place when they could've taken their time and then had one last full season. at this point it's just get on with it. plus if the set up is this slow the next four episodes are gonna have to again zip through poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RevolverDivider posted:

Episode was great outside of the yikes Arya/Gendry scene, TV/IV goons brains have been broken since fat man stopped making books.

the show has been mediocre to terrible (and more on the latter side) since season 4. and i aint a reader of them books.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

JT Jag posted:

the biggest thing I'm worried about is the Night King depriving me of the Cleganebowl I've been lusting for, for like a decade now

the mountain looks so dumb on the show though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mnoba posted:

are they on the 4th or 5th actor now or is it still the iceland guy

it's still him (1st season guy obviously objectively the best one) but i saw art of what zombie mountain looks like in the books and it's so much better than the skyrim reject we got.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rocksicles posted:

Y'all didn't care when she was merking fools like a ninja, now she's getting some legal strange it's terrible.

arya's post-hound stuff has consistently been the worst non-dorne stuff.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Its Coke posted:

Once again I loved the episode. It really had everything the books don't in terms of satisfaction, sentimentality, and generally building a story that could actually be a song

here's tonight's episode theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWJAbl_lV5A&t=37s

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TraderStav posted:

In fairness, what is left to tie up? You got two to three solid long episodes to wage this battle. Then it's an episode or two of the aftermath and who will take the throne. Don't think it'll be that rushed seeing that the last three episodes are nearly 4-5 hours combined.

at the pace of older seasons you'd have a battle episode, a post battle episode, then they're would be the travel time to king's landing/set up for that, that battle, the aftermath etc.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ElGroucho posted:

why didn't they keep the first dude? he was actually scary.

got a role in the hobbit (goblin king i believe) and then was replaced with cgi.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Nothing will ever top watching dumbass Robb Stark die like a bitch

i was thinking "man how did roose bolton get his?" and remembered and was sad at how bad this show has been at that kinda poo poo since.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how would tyrion or daenerys ever die. grrm loves em both way too much (daenerys should've starved outside the gates of qarth).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

JT Jag posted:

Dany is definitely gonna die, it's being foreshadowed way too hard

Don't know about Tyrion

i mean i hope she does but she's survived decisions/actions that got way better characters killed off way easier. she's pulled like 20 robb starks yet there she is.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Really disappointed with the motivation they're giving the Others. It's the most boring by-the-numbers poo poo.

the series would've been far more interesting without them so it's fitting they're just mindless kill everything badguys.

hobbesmaster posted:

Interesting how dragons can bail you out of almost anything.

they were just eggs during some of them!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Xanderkish posted:

This also fascinates me. I'm sure plenty of people who complain about it complain because the show's gone in directions they don't like, which I get, because I felt that way about Hannibal season 3. It's for those people who seem to have not enjoyed the show for a long time that I don't get. I mean, I have enough of a problem finishing shows I actually like. And even when a show starts going in a direction I don't like (again, like Hannibal season 3), I just, you know, stop watching, because I don't have the time or inclination to watch a show that bores/upsets me. What attracts a person to watch a show that just makes them so angry all the time?

if i start something i have to finish it. i've never put down a book half read or stopped a movie half watched.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I was wondering why goons got their knickers in a twist seeing a 22-year-old’s sideboob then I remembered that y’all are all miserable old shits yourselves. I’m dating someone only a year older than Maisie Williams irl, am I a pedo?

Our youthful exuberance also allows us to enjoy good TV shows like HBO’s Game of Thrones

she doesn't look her age. and yeah i'm guessing most of us are closer to gendry's actor's age.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

all this arya talk is just reminding me how terrible and anticlimactic the freys' comeuppance was.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Chalks posted:

*child character kills dozens of people*

this is cool and good television

*becomes an adult and has consensual sex*

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS DEPRAVED poo poo

the other arya stuff was pretty poo poo too.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Please ban anyone who uses the phrase "but in the books"

the show would've been vastly improved if they hadn't excised the northern conspiracy against the boltons and freys.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I've managed to avoid seeing or really knowing anything about D&D up until this point but now my girlfriend is making me watch the after credit things where these dipshits explain the extremely obvious subtext in every scene and frankly it's a miracle that these two managed to make five good seasons

four(ish).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cersei blowing up the sept is the last time i remember something genuinely shocking happening and i was looking forward to the consequences of that and then there weren't any lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wildtortilla posted:

The consequences exploded with the Sept.

"realistically" every house should've turned against her at that point and she should've been boxed in. but nah the lannister army is invincible (apart from vs a dragon) so they just go around putting down every one.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

gently caress, maybe. IDK. White walkers is such a dumbass name compared to The Others anyways. This isn't The Walking Dead.

shoulda called em the not nice ice guys imo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i think it's pretty obvious - she wears armor/carries a sword/swears oaths to people.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the white walkers/others were a bad idea anyway. the interesting stuff is the warring human factions. shoulda just been an encroaching superwinter. then again i'm a guy that also hates the dragons and wishes the outright fantasy elements were minimal.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BlackStar posted:

I lost a lot of my zeal for GoT nudity the day Margaery Tyrell died. RIP.

ros.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lady karstark.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

grrm himself cheated with travel times/distances. tywin riding his guys to king's landing to save it from stannis would've handed the war to robb if you took it into account.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why does everyone assume pod's got a huge dick? i always assumed he was insanely good at eating pussy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bronn danced up to him and grabbed his dick and said "you're the one with the magic COCK"

yeah but guys always assume if a guy's popular with women it's because of his dick.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sedgr posted:

Did people forget that Pod's skill with the ladies was basically a joke? Bron and Tyrion paid the hookers in advance, and then gave Pod some gold to pay them with, which they give back to him and tell him how great he was. Boosting his confidence.

The whole point was to reward Pod and make him feel awesome. He wasnt some sort of magic dicked virgin.

nope pod is a cunning linguist.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

this show is so goddamn dumb.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

teagone posted:

Show aint the books. And the zombies have been there since Season 1 Episode 1.

and they were always dumb.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oh christ they really did the crypt poo poo. what a goddamn dumb show.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao loving anime Arya killed the nk by stabbing him in the dilz

i will give the show this when i think it can't get any dumber it do.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

JT Jag posted:

I don't give a poo poo if stuff was dumb, that all loving owned

the only part that legit owned was lady mormont.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

having one of the worst characters that ate up so much of the show with a lovely and pointless plotline take down the ultimate evil is loving hilarious.

i thought taking down the freys was anticlimactic...boy howdy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

InFlames235 posted:

Regardless if all the buildup over the years got resolved in this episode, I thought it was loving amazing. Arya saving the world is the twist I needed to see. Loved it!

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/banalplay/status/1122687713034100736