Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

sleater-cummy posted:

How's the controller support? I wouldn't mind trying it out on Steam Deck once things calm down a little.

Quoting this because big :same:

Something deeper than D4 but not PoE sounds perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Gearman posted:

New patch seems to be doing wonders.

Also, my referral code (help a goon out get some beeeeees): Sykt

used yours. Mine is Larrymancam.

ISO: Bees

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I don't know at all what I'm doing at this point (fully blind going in), but I like the game so far at level 9ish. It feels more like lost ark (only put in about 10 hours and never made it through the campaign) and PoE had a baby currently. I'm playing a rogue but not sure when I can go into the other masteries but looking forward to becoming a bird person.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Speaking of finally joining the COF, I need to "Gain a prophecy from an Observatory telescope" but no matter which direction I pan any of these in, I don't see poo poo? Do I need more Favor first?

I'm only level 10ish and know very little so far, but this sounds like you're playing a completely different game :lol:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I should have just created an offline guy (did SSF AF anyway :v:). I'm only level 16 but leveling as rogue has been kind of meh so far. Just hitting one button to kill and then dashing with the other skill. I just got my bird and then I got the ole LE-61.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

what the gently caress is this game doing that the menu screen and even the pre-login screen have my graphics card going at 100% while in game it uses like 20%. that's even with fps limited

Do you limit your fps to your monitor's refresh rate in the settings? I don't notice my 3080 preparing for launch but I'll actually turn on something to monitor it next time.

Last night I went to switch a zone and started a YouTube video. A couple videos later it was still loading so I just alt-f4'd the game. I'm usually a huge ARPG super nerd logging a lot of hours initially but they're making it hard for me to get into this game.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

reservoir hogs posted:

Personally I've gotten maybe 5-6 hours of playtime in since launch. It's pretty bad as far as my experience has gone but it does unfortunately seem to be luck of the draw as to whether people are having issues or not. I'll try for 15-20 minutes to get in while I'm doing other things and if I can't get in, I might try again an hour later or I'll just keep doing the other things I was doing anyways. Not a huge deal because I'm An Adult who doesn't through tantrums over videogames but it is kinda disappointing because the game is really fun.

I should just play offline honestly because I don't have a huge desire to party for content very much though, honestly.

Pretty similar for me. For now it's whatever but when they start having new "cycle" content they have to get this poo poo sorted out.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Once these are full then there's no point in doing any side quests anymore, right?

Where do you find this?

E: Nm, it's on the map in the lower left. Only 9/15 and 1/8 for me so far in beginning of A4 I think?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

This morning was the smoothest the game has been. No messages when logging in about issues on the top banner, no long loads. Player count was above 200k so hopefully they've sorted things finally.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I just finished the campaign for the first time. Network has been solid for the last day. I don't know what I should be doing though but it sounds like monoliths basically? The CoF stuff seems like it'll level itself no matter what I do but what about the prophecies? How important are those? Anything else I should focus on? I know I need to watch a crafting video because I have very little idea what I'm doing in that regard and now there's purple items dropping that I don't know what to do with, lol.

I am a bird person and I specced into the umbral blades build that was linked. I'd rather be running a bow build with my birdie but this is silly powerful with my garbage gear.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

When do you get blessings? I haven't gotten any unlocked yet and not sure when that is supposed to happen or what they are yet.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

whypick1 posted:

To clarify, "clearing Monolith" = run Echoes to increase the Stability of the Timeline until you're able to run the 3 Quest Echoes, the last one being the boss fight which rewards the Blessing (and if you go through this process again you can change out the Blessing).

Cool, thanks.

What's best for monos, bee lining to clear them or full clearing for more stability?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Holy cow the crafting and itemization in this game are so good. Blizzard should be straight up embarrassed with what D4 is in comparison.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Boy, this game would be that much better if it was smoother on steam deck. Monos are perfectly bite sized for it, but the inventory management is eh, and having to connect to servers every time I wake it up would be annoying.

Oh well, I'm still pretty smitten at this point 15 hours in.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I haven't tried a controller (outside of trying on deck for a few minutes before deciding it wasn't quite there yet) tbh but it would be decent probably only playing while also at my desk with the kbm. But then I'd lose the numlock for most of my skills (I assume).

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Gerdalti posted:

I think I'm doing something wrong on my first Monolith. The 2nd and 3rd quests never got unlocked and my stability is at 500.

What do I do or am I just being dumb?

This took me way too long to figure out too. Look on the left of your screen shot and click the top quest echo. You do those instances and they unlock one after the other.

E:f;b

My rogue got something with spell damage multiplier (unique relic with the stats that unlock as you wear it and kill stuff). Are rogue skills technically spells? None of the skills say "spell" when hovering over them so I'm not sure.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Feb 29, 2024

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dallan Invictus posted:

If you select the affix you want to reroll in crafting, as if you were upgrading it but use a Glyph of Chaos to modify the upgrade, it will reroll to a new affix as well as upgrade it

This only works if it's <T5 though right? IE you can't "upgrade" it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I want to beat lvl 70 Arena on my Falconer but it's boss covers literally the whole arena in some poison bullshit that very slowly but surely drains all my health.
My resistances are already maxed out and I have no idea what the gently caress else I can do.

You might need something like Shift>Molting to cleanse poison. I don't know if there are other options that wouldn't make you redo skills. That part is annoying since you'd have to relevel just for some bullshit like that.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

First login I was naked looking (all my gear was there) and had some weird text above my head, and I didn't show up on the map. Logged out and back in and it seems to have fixed itself but lol

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Knightsoul posted:

I agree 100% !!!
I'm really sorry Grim Dawn, but now Last Epoch has won my heart. :lovebird:

This is how I'm feeling atm.

Also I did the dungeon to make legos for the first time. Seal the cache, nothing happens. Hmm, maybe my item is through the next door...It was not. :v: At least it was me just testing stuff and not something I was actually wearing. Still, made me laugh at how dumb I am.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Are the lenses in CoF working? I have 100% reduced chance for dungeons and arena stuff yet I still see a ton of dungeon prophecies.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

They seem to have really buffed the drop rate, it used to be that they were genuinely rare, I'd end up with maybe a few of each by the time I reached empowered monos so it was genuinely important to make sure you were fully ready to clear it and maximise rewards beacuse you might not get another go for hours, but now explorer caches drop huge piles and they seem to have raised the random drop rate to the point where I've got almost a full stash tab of keys.

I haven't even done more than one dungeon yet (but still want to try the others) and I'm almost at the point of just not picking them up anymore.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I like the game a whole lot but there are some gripes for sure. My biggest issue is that aerial assault gets stuck sometimes in the first use in random monoliths. I can't move until I use that skill again. Hasn't killed me yet somehow but would be bad for hc. The memory leaks aren't great either for nonstop monoliths where fps starts to dip into the 20s and 30s. Otherwise I like the endgame but after doing empowered monos for a bit I'm not sure what else I should do. There's plenty more room to better my character and push higher but this is about where I burnout for most seasonal stuff. Upgrades are few and far between and progression drops off like a rock. I think I'm high 80s or low 90s at this point.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Tonetta posted:

I had this beauty drop, anybody playing a fun bow build that's good to recommend pairing it with?

I've only played falconer, but I'd say marksman of some flavor.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Anno posted:

I hope we get more Weaver's Will items. Leveling them is fun imo.

Also, LP is one of the better ideas in these games I think. I wish there were more ways of actually using the LP, but hunting for it and its ability to boost up otherwise kinda lowly uniques is cool as hell.

100% weaver's is a great mechanic. It is annoying to watch your item slowly brick itself though lol. One day one will roll with good affixes. Maybe.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Anno posted:

The people tasked with making Falconer a cool class knocked it out of the damned park. I had basically no expectations that I'd enjoy this class but the bird is so cool that it's hard not to love it.

It makes me afraid to try other classes because it's stupid powerful.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

psilo posted:

Anyone else playing falconer with a controller? Have you made any compromises with the skills? I feel like the explosive trap aiming is far from perfect and I haven't specced in to smoke bombs yet since I'm afraid they are never gonna land where I want them to.

Smoke bomb casts on you so you don't really aim it. I haven't tried controller really after determining it isn't very good.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

They could really stand to tone down the laser focused one-shotting attacks at endgame. Going through the trouble of getting resistance capped should feel like it does something not give you 0.25 seconds to survive against blood asps instead of 0.15. I'm guessing it's probably way easier for minion builds.

Yeah, they did not need to borrow one shot mechanics from poe. I hate that poo poo

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Any recommended tips for graphics settings? This game runs...not great once I got to monoliths. I have a 3080 and 5800x, and 32gb of RAM at 1440p. I turned things down to medium preset and on some maps it still will go down to the 40s in fps. I don't really have this issue on any other game so I'm guessing it's just "poorly optimized"?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

What's the level cap for the character and abilities?

One hundo

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I modified a filter somebody else set up. I still don't fully grok all the damage types and which ones are better than others for my build, so having a baseline helped. Still, there's a ton of exalts that drop and I know I'm not going to play another character this cycle so I shut off all the other class ones and weapon types that weren't what I was using. There's still a billion things dropping all the time and I have to empty my inventory every 2-5 monos probably.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

Raxx made a pretty good guide that I followed to make a semi lovely filter of my own. It was only like 6 rules, one of which was hide everything and the last was show all uniques.

His main emphasis was on finding exalted items with t6 or 7 affixes, with TWO exalted affixes, and then random regular items with important affixes to your build that you just want to shatter and stockpile.

He also emphasized how you want to pick up items with other class skills on them, because otherwise when it comes time to try and craft off a bad affix from an otherwise perfect legendary-worthy exalted, you will be stuck.

Also decent idols.

When I turn off my loot filter there sure is a lot of poo poo on the ground lol.

I haven't had this issue except for one rogue skill that I didn't have enough runes/glyphs/whatever they are to increase stats on it. But it's easy enough to add a new rule at the top that just says "shows items with that affix" then shatter 'em.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Tonetta posted:

if you have ank 8 cof, around 300 corruption you'll start seeing double exalted and lp 2 items items fairly regularly. around 500 corruption you start seeing lp3 pretty often and the rare triple exalt

drat. I burned out before 200 corruption. It seems to take forever to get it up there. I would clear monos and fight the boss twice before making it as far away as I could, and get about 40-70 corruption doing that. Problem is I jumped around to different timelines since the blessings I had sucked so getting any of them decently high seems to take forever. What's the best strategy, just focus on one that has the item type you're looking for and pump it a bunch of times?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Mailer posted:

If you're not chasing a blessing, then yeah go for whatever targets the thing you want. Beating the boss gives you +10 and shooting straight out is going to give you more corruption, but once you've got one up to the level you want the others get big corruption bonuses when you reset them. Getting one to over 300 was a slog, but getting the rest there is super fast.

Alright guess I will focus that next time. I've only found a couple of 3lp things that all seem to suck. My gear is pretty good but doesn't require legendaries (Allie falconer dive bomb) so I haven't had much motivating me to push corruption. I still haven't even tried all the dungeon types yet either but there's no carrot to strive for (for me at least) anymore.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I love my one button falconer. Though weirdly I do want to try marksman next maybe. I love bow classes and it'll probably be too similar, too soon though. I don't even know what the other classes are yet since I knew I wanted to shoot bows and that was that, lol.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Erulisse posted:

the only button falconer needs is a numlock

I keep movement skill (AA) as my one button. Flying in a random direction would be annoying but would work I guess.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

zoux posted:

You don't every have any problems with this? How short is your cooldown? I said a couple pages ago I was playing a SD falconer but having your movement be your primary attack seems like it would make it harder to move quickly through monos than if you could use shift.

I have dive bomb and decoy on numlock. I think I have the bird attack on right click, and smoke bomb and aerial assault on my other buttons. One button was a lie but that's the build name. Dive bomb is the big damage dealer, especially when you do it inside a smoke bomb. I only really use that on bosses since normal dive bomb is usually good enough. Aerial assault does decent damage but it's accessory compared to dive bomb. I never stop running basically and confirm isn't bad. A couple seconds but I've got it on my ring, belt, boots and maybe gloves (there's one that has it as an implicit I think).

E:I tried smoke bomb on numlock as well but I don't like it since it stops your movement and you don't really need it until big bads show up.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 8, 2024

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Awesome! posted:

when crafting and it says it is going to use 1-10 forging potential and then it uses 15 is that supposed to be like a critical failure or something? because it sucks

I made it to nearly 100 and never knew that it tells you what it will use in the first place. Always just a slot machine for me lol. Where does it show that???

Lpzie posted:

Or just message any of the God Gamers itt and we'll plvl you.

The amount out times I've seen you refer to yourself like this ITT as this is really weird. A just a bit cringey.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 10, 2024

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Awesome! posted:

good start to crafting this helmet :suicide:

Oof. Thanks, reading is hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

I've always wanted an oot[??]St, thanks Ezra!

I get weird stuff like that sometimes. Sometimes just shows a black bar with no words too, which is fun and easy to miss.