Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I bought this last week on a whim and have really been liking it. The itemization while leveling does feel a little wonky sometimes but the skill system is great and I’ve already played a number of different builds. The final boss of the campaign curbstomped me the first time I got there but apparently that’s a known thing and most people switch to running monoliths for a while to level and gear up more before going back and finishing that. Some of the skill changes coming with tomorrows update will be great, like the node that teleports you and your minions to a location when you summon a skeleton mage there.

I’ve done a few monoliths but haven’t really pushed that yet and was planning on waiting to do that with a new multiplayer character tomorrow. Overall it feels like a complete game but since it’s been in beta for like 7 years or whatever I guess that’s not surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I watched Action RPGs two videos on crafting last night and understand the system better now. All I had done during my campaign playthroughs until now was just upgrade a few specific affixes on gear i happened to pick up and use. I think that was plenty for the campaign but getting into monoliths I’ll probably need to focus on it a bit more. The last guy I played was a Lunge/Jav build and upgrading the damage over time affix on a spear I got at level 20 carried me to 50+ without really caring about loot at all.

I will definitely have to grab a loot filter and start using shatter on certain stuff as I level.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Kaddish posted:

Game no worky, this is OUTRAGEOUS.

Think I'm gonna make a Paladin.

The Paladin I just leveled using Javelin with Holy Trail and Lunge with Pilum Assault blasted through the campaign faster than anything else I've played. I've always been the type that likes to slaughter every pack of monsters I encounter so I had to curb that instinct and just be satisfied with blitzing through everything and having >50% of poo poo die to the ground effect behind me. It isn't a build I want to play at endgame but it seems more efficient to level that way and then respec later on to hammerdin or something.

lol the top comment on this is someone asking if they can get a refund, and @LostEpoch replying with instructions on how to do so.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 9, 2023

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I never saw a queue but couldn't connect for a while, checked periodically and got in like half an hour ago. So far I've found like 6 uniques and 3 are catered to pets and necrotic damage, but of course I decided to level a pally first instead of necro. Guess they'll help my alt a bit eventually.

I've had lunge glitch me out quite a few times and get me stuck, luckily channeling warpath seems to fix it. Never had that happen prior to today.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Got a rune of ascendance at level 18 and slammed it onto a spear. Got a level 48 spear that does have Javelin mods but idk how good it will be compared to a rare with stacked DOT damage, guess we'll see. Currently 21 and still haven't gotten a usable spear to switch from warpath to jav.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I avoided the lunge bug for most of the campaign once I stopped trying to cut corners and target objects that had other objects in their path. But there do seem to be a number of monolith targets (most of the big stationary things that are objectives to kill) that bug it out constantly and is annoying.

Fully half of the uniques/sets that have dropped for me so far are minion items, including the Reach of the Grave which rolled high but has no LP. Guess I may make a summoner sooner rather than later but I do want to transition from Jav to Hammer first and see how I like it.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

How long can you AFK in LE before you get auto kicked? I managed to get ingame two separate times earlier but had to run some errands and now can't get in again, could I have just stayed afk in game for an hour?

e: Got in on my next attempt after posting this lol. It would still be useful to know if it is going to take them a while to iron out all the connection issues though.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Sab669 posted:

They've never had even remotely close to this many players at once before

I'm aware and I'm not knocking them at all, I've been through more than enough arpg and wow server launches to expect connection issues for a bit.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

boxcarhobo posted:

I logged in yesterday at lunch, went afk in the first town for four hours while I worked, and then played form about 5:15 to 11:30 last night, there’s no auto kick afk

That's very good to know, thank you!

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Zotix posted:

Game is absolutely boned right now. I work from home and logged in on my lunch break. In the 5 hours since, I've watched the queue go from 4300 down to 3600, back to 4300, and up and down, over and over. On the discord I asked an employee if I leave the queue, how long until I actually leave the queue instead of it trying to retain my place, and the employee had zero idea.

The play is absolutely log in as early as you can in the day and do whatever you can to stay online.

What timezone are you in? I am US East and have never seen any queue at all, and managed to connect to the game about 5 different times today from noon to 5:00 PM, and I was just AFK ingame for about five hours before playing for a bit.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

queeb posted:

I'm leveling a Holy trail javelin void Knight, it's pretty dope so far.

I was having enough fun as a Holy Trail paladin that I just kept using the build rather than respec to hammers or something, currently level 69. But I think I need to change things up because too many of the dungeon bosses, mono bosses, etc. don't let you target them with lunge which really limits my dps.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Zoning times are much quicker today than they were yesterday for me, feels a lot better.

My necromancer was starting to feel a little squishy in the level 75 monolith so I added some health mods to my loot filter, and within 2 maps I had replaced my chest and helm and went from 1200 health to 1900 without any noticeable loss in pet dps. I'm still using a couple awful pieces too so if I get a decent relic and boots it'll be even better.

I will say that you get a depressing number of duplicate uniques/sets considering how many there are in the game. I know there are various rarities of each of them, and some only drop in specific spots, but getting two uniques and two sets in one map and having them both be duplicates of each other is disappointing.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 12, 2023

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

For me it really seems to be a hybrid of POE and Grim Dawn and really does take the best of both. I'd second the "not having to redo the campaign" option to flesh out your mastery, free passives, and idol slots though. Once you get some movespeed twink items you can blitz through the chapters pretty quick but I don't really see the need for that in the first place. I see enough interesting items and skills to make me want to try out pretty much every mastery, don't make it a chore to do so.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

It was weird seeing those pre-explored areas after the patch and never seeing them pre-patch. I assumed it was a bug but it was a strange one for sure.

The dragon boss of the 85 monolith with a oneshot AOE that covers 95% of his platform is loving awful. Even saving my teleport ability, I keep dying to it because areas that look to be safe are still clipping me with the edge of the AOE. I guess the entrance is the only safe area so stay below him?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Ither posted:

Are the characters genderlocked?

Yes, there is no character customization at all.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

So I've been playing a Flame Wraith necro with an Aberrant Call which gives +3 to Wraith. But it turns out there's a UI bug and the bonus skills from the +3 weren't showing up as unspent points so I didn't realize I hadn't used them. Now my wraiths that have like a 50% crit chance just picked up a bonus +90% crit multi which should feel pretty good.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Kaddish posted:

Just unlocked Druid and have been messing around with werebear but haven’t actually specced into it yet. I kind of feel like what’s the point? I certainly do just fine in regular form and I lose all my skills like maelstrom. I haven’t actually looked at the bear skills, I’m assuming there’s stuff in there to make it worthwhile.

Yes there are, such as causing some of your werebear abilities to autocast maelstrom and other spells.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I do wish there was a training room or something similar where you could respec to test builds without needing to relevel skills just to compare things.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Nice that they adjusted that corpse dragon ability that was giving me so much trouble in empowered rifts, I just wish it got fixed before I finally beat him. At least my first kill gave me the crit suppression blessing I wanted, albeit not as high rolled as it could have been.

I still can't settle on a build to play. Flame Wraith Necro is essentially a totem build and it was fun for a bit but I'm level 90 and don't really want to use it to push higher corruption or tier 4 dungeons. I've been trying to research some strong AOE DOT builds that also have good mobility and haven't really found any clear winner. Might try a Lich of some kind but I still haven't decided.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I found two within 15 minutes of each other a couple days ago. I think I was running level 90 monoliths at the time.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

PraxxisParadoX posted:

How are people doing monoliths before the high 50's? I see references to using them to level by people on Reddit but I went in to a level 58 one at 50ish and got wrecked. Are some builds just that much more powerful?

Yep, some builds are really strong while leveling and others aren’t. Plus getting specific uniques for your build can make a huge difference.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Talking about screen-clearing AOE, ironically the rogue is the last archetype I’ve played but it looks like it may scratch that itch the best for me. There’s a build where you spawn a bunch of shadows that then spawn big spinning blades that absolutely melt things, and you also proc several AOEs when you use your travel skill. It doesn’t feel as clunky as the mage builds I tried that tended to have longer animations and mana/cd issues.

Mikojan posted:

I realized the loot filter in this game is amazing and a must-configure once in monolith.

For now I have it set to showing items with a combined affix tier of 10.

What configurations do you peeps use or recommend?

There are certain affixes that are rare but also extremely good for almost every build so highlighting any item that has them so you can pull shards out of it is highly recommended. “Hybrid Health” that gives both flat health and percent health in one mod is the primary example. I also use this to highlight specific class affixes that I need for any of the characters I play because if you only have a filter set up for the character you’re currently playing you can miss some good stuff. As an example, I want items with “increased warpath area” to show up regardless of the character I’m playing so I can get those shards for the void knight I’m still leveling. It does take a little bit of time to go through all the class affixes and select the ones you think you want but it’s not too bad.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Mar 16, 2023

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Dallan Invictus posted:

I suspect that granting cross-class active skills isn't likely to be a thing while the hotbar is as cramped as it is, but cross-class TRIGGERED skills is something LE's unique roster could perhaps use more of (I think it has a few though?)

Thing is that an extra skill that you can't spec into/your class doesn't support with passives is only likely to be any use in weird edge cases. OTOH finding those edge cases can be fun!

Some/most of the triggered ones don’t work if you aren’t the class that gets the ability normally which is kind of annoying.

I was trying to look around for build-enabling proc items and Reign of Winter was really the only one I found. It looked like there used to be more but just about everything was given a cooldown that prevents you from stacking 100,000 ward or spitting out 20 AOEs a second while channeling warpath. If anyone knows of others that haven’t been nerfed that would be appreciated.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

The first few Arena runs I did with my flame wraith build, I had to rebind one of my keys to an attack skill to break the loot barrels between sets of waves. Then I looked it up and found out that “A” is the default keybind for having pets attack a specific target and was able to just do that from then on.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Zereth posted:

There's probably a more optimized loadout I could be using but I'm rolling with skeletons, bone golem, skeleton mages, bone curse, and rip blood at the moment. Maybe ditching rip blood for assemble abomination. It's been working pretty well so far, though.

You may want to give Wraith a shot. There’s a node that limits you to 2 but makes them permanent if you’re going for a passive play style and their dps is top notch. You can also get items, idols, and other skill nodes that convert them to poison or fire casters but even the basic melee version is really strong. They also have really high leech so you can hit them with Dread Shade and buff your whole army quite a bit.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

explosivo posted:

Granted I haven't actually played it yet just watched some streams but.. I think this game might be better than Diablo 4.

It is a different kind of arpg for sure, at least compared to the 1-20 experience in d4. Almost every class in LE has ways of slaughtering a dozen mobs at a time by the time they get to level 20 but that seems to not be the case in D4. I don't know if "better" is the right term though, any more than saying POE is "better" than D3... they're just different games in the same genre and some people will prefer one over the other.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

m.hache posted:

This is the staff that I'm using (ignore the 1hander. Not the one I'm comparing).
https://imgur.com/a/CcQly5F

Besides the necrotic I don't see anything else that could boost my lightning tooltip.

Any type of damage can cause ignites if your items have "chance to ignite on hit" so that 2hander basically applies 1.68 stacks of ignite per hit, and it also boosts the damage of ignites substantially. And yeah that will factor in to your tooltip dps as far as I'm aware.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Thankfully in LE you currently can bounce out of the campaign and into the endgame at like level 25 which is pretty fast. And even doing as much of the campaign as we can currently (which is 9 out of a planned 12 total chapters) isn't awful, but doing it on every character you'd want to play in a season would definitely get stale just like POE's does.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

explosivo posted:

I was looking for a class to start over with that was basically the opposite of the primalist druid so I'm doing a static orb sorcerer and seems fun so far but still early on so I'm extremely squishy. I do hope they give us a way to level alts without having to go through the story to unlock idol slots and subclasses.

The only way I’ve found to make sorc not feel like it’s made out of paper is to play a build that can stack ward to crazy levels.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

You want as much corruption as you can handle basically since it’s a straight up rarity boost. I wish building it was a little faster myself, I’m trying to farm a relic for my Lich and only had it drop once so far from Reign of Dragons. Getting from 100 to 190 corruption took like 4 hours and I’m still able to just mow through everything but it takes a lot of clears to push it higher.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

bamhand posted:

But is it worth the effort to spend 4 hours for that one drop or get 4 attempts with one hour runs?

I was building corruption the whole time and I killed the boss that can drop the relic like 7-8 times. The timeline bosses can be fought once you get the stability to 800 or 850 or whatever the threshold is, and you build corruption by doing a Shade echo that resets the web. It's just a little annoying if you have a powerful character or an alt, you need to run lots and lots of echoes to get the corruption up to a level that feels good for your build.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

When you fight a timeline boss in empowered monoliths, it drops your stability back to nothing but keeps your corruption and the web you've explored. It also gives you bonus corruption the next time you do a Shade of Orobyss node if you win, and you can stack multiple bonuses before doing the Shade if you clear lots of echoes in the same map.

I ended up getting a slightly better relic that also has 1 LP on around my 10th kill so I'm working on upgrading blessings in other timelines and doing dungeons. My Lich is level 94 now and still steamrolling most stuff even though I haven't really crafted any good gear.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

This one: https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/aBZDeZ2A and here's a video guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovxEymLj48E.

It is taking advantage of autocasting bone curse when you teleport, bone curse is a guaranteed crit for a lot of damage but falls off after 1 hit, but with as many hungering souls projectiles as you can and the fact that each hit reapplies the curse, it does crazy damage. Apparently this was nerfed once before but started working again in 0.9 so if it gets changed back again, I'll switch to a typical crit lich build.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

bamhand posted:

Ah I think the points cost different amounts depending on where in the skill tree and I wasn't paying a ton of attention when I was doing it. Just noticed the cost was changing.

Yeah but it works without it. Seems like it increases your damage a good chunk but it's perfectly functional before you get it. Unfortunately you will have wolves instead of squirrels without the helm though.

The gold cost for passive respecs is based on how many points you have invested in that specific passive node iirc.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Slow News Day posted:

Which is pretty dumb IMO, when they could work on Grim Dawn 2. They did so much excellent world-building with the first game and had such a winning formula that a second game if executed well would totally crush both D4 and POE2 imo.

I liked Grim Dawn quite a bit, but lol

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

No, right now there's still 9 out of 12 chapters available. There is a content update coming on May 25 which might add more but the teaser trailer looks more like a new dungeon of some kind.

My necrotic lich hit 100 last week and I haven't really played much since, but I gave my fire nova sorc another try and got into monoliths really easy with all the various ignite/dot uniques and set rings. I don't think it will continue scaling well enough for empowered monoliths but there's enough other good sorc builds that switching to something else shouldn't be a problem. Casting 3x fire novas every time I teleport is really nice, and each nova hit does like 7-9 ignite stacks. Currently using volcanic orb for bosses since it multihits so fast and stacks a shitload of ignites per cast but the cooldown and mana cost can be annoying if I try to use it against rares or high hp trash while clearing. Mana in general feels kinda annoying for a lot of builds in this game while others get to completely ignore it, or intentionally run out of mana for crazy damage multipliers, etc.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

The pre-patch teaser today was for a new item rarity that is basically a unique that gains additional affixes as you get experience while they are equipped. There is still quite a bit of RNG with them but if they aren't stupidly rare and don't take a crazy amount of experience to level the affixes I could see them being pretty cool.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Your unique also needs to have Legendary Potential to combine it with an exalted item. The number of LP is how many affixes from the exalted will be added to the unique. But there’s no restrictions on the affixes being added (ie you can stack two affixes of the same kind this way if the unique has one and the exalted one gets chosen when you combine them).

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I've got about 6 tabs of uniques with 1-2 LP after 182 hours but only several with 3 LP and only one 4 LP (a low level shield that is not particularly good in any build). It would be nice if they switched the odds up a bit to something like 40% 30% 20% 10% for 1-4 LP but even 1 LP items are good enough to clear everything in the game. My fire wraith necro uses a 1 LP Aberrant Call and having another affix or two on it would be nice but probably not super noticeable by itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

bamhand posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a much higher drop rate either. I have 150 hours played since .9 and no Herald of the Scurry. Though I haven't been dedicated farming hats the whole time. I think Diablo 3 had the perfect speed of progression for me. Where getting a baseline version is not too hard but there is still a fair amount of effort into getting that perfect roll.

Herald of the Scurry is the only unique I haven’t found either other than a couple rare boss drops that I haven’t wanted to farm. And even without LP it would be a fun item to try out.