Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Vote 1 Brexit. UK

And Signing up to be BuOrd Our torpedoes work fine, what are you talking about??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Manually emailing out keys.

Which have two seperate keys

And no headings/titles.

WHY. WHY WHY.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Comrade Koba posted:

When you order Rule The Waves 3, a naval ensign with a signal flag will appear outside your window and semaphore you the entire source code in binary.

In Morse code too.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

simplefish posted:

If people cared more they'd vote more times, system works. This way the posters who care the most have the most say in the game they're following.

They aren't cheaters, they're dedicated.
[/sarcasm]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6mJw50OdZ4&t=113s

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

So then are we waiting for the first update before sorting out who becomes BUORD?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Build all the ships! Since we don't have anything great for replacement capital ship department, it'll keep the Russian navy strong enough for the moment.

On the Cruiser front, some sort of light commerce raider (c 3-4000 T) seems in order, with good range so we can transfer them between theatres, as well as expanding our flock of destroyers, to ensure plenty of strong support units for the battle line. And ships to clean up crippled enemy capital ships while the big boys duke it out.

That said, the world is calm at present, we can probably rest up some of our heavier ships for the moment.

Pickled Tink posted:

At this stage I am totally unqualified to make decisions on many of the proposed questions. I have also not been suitably bribed to vote on those matters. Except by Leperflesh, who sent me a photo of one of his cats a ways back and therefore earned my vote for BuOrd.

Qualifications are highly over-rated good sir.

Oh, forgot to ask. Did the patch hit. Is it decently playable now?
(it is a Grog game, it is almost nmever ACTUALLY worth getting. Not to mention the trainwreck of a store because well...Grog game.)

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I think I speak for everyone when I say
gently caress France

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Infidelicious posted:

Oh man.

This is an auspicious start.

You've set everything that "should" be high at low

Re: Spoilers - Clearly this is propaganda from the borgoius in France! If they were meant to be high, then BUORD Leperfish would have set them high.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Leperflesh posted:

The banner is the anglicized spelling "BYURO BOYEPRIPASOV" rendered in the free online font "Kremlin Starets"
The rest is whatever I managed to get out of google translate

as for my priorities, if you guys wanted a BuORD chief who actually owned the game, you picked the wrong guy. You are gonna get priorities based on how I roleplay this position.

Look, if people wanted competence, they came to the wrong thread :allears:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

It is clear that unbridled aggression will bring disaster upon us all. Thus I propose the following act to counter this threat.

The Treaty Act
In order to prevent the world falling into war and anarchy, Russia will aggressively seek an arms limitation treaty for the size of naval vessels. The Naval office will actively encourage diplomatic efforts to establish such an arms limitation treaty. This bill will remain in effect until such time as a treaty is successfully established and in place for more than 1 year.

(gently caress France)

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I assume Leperfish is just choosing whichever option he thinks is funniest since Democracy is western propaganda?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Thus no treaty act this election.

Hmmmm.

Nay to Raider
Nay to Fire For Effect
Yea to Cronyism
Yea to Far East Act

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah, these things are not about competent ship design, their about sending me into battle with a fleet of clown cars.

Look at it this way. You can get them sunk and get new designs!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

It is limited, but you can sometimes go a few tons over.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Grey Hunter posted:

Okay! Time to vote for your favorite submission! could the submitter link their design files, just so I don't have to rebuild and make a terrible mistake.

Blyat
Catharine the Great
Ekaterina Velikaya
Funnelship
H&S Battleship 1901
Proyekt
Vladivostok
Vodka
I mean, your first terrible mistake was letting Goons design your ships.

Vote for Vodka (no Strawpoll?)

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 26, 2019

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The MORE DAKKA Act

With the ability to deploy larger secondary batteries, we recommend the immediate design and construction of no less than four (4) Armoured cruisers to Protect russian assets.
New designs maximising the number and calibur of guns while sticking to the CA designation to be submitted upon passage of this bill.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Aye, Nay for dirty metagaming, Aye, Nay

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

vyelkin posted:

For reference, this is the battleship we're still building:

That's not a cruiser, it's a mislabeled battleship!

It's an UNARMOURED battleship.

which is worse. Because as soon as it meets something with decent calibur artillery it goes BOOM.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

simplefish posted:

It'll take us 6 months to win it, and if we're faster, we'll build it to celebrate!

It is Russia who will build the brewery! Tsingato.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

White peace/minor concessions

We've got what we wanted. And we're close to losing due to revolution.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

A 6 gun broadside isn't anything to sneeze at though. Especially with Centre Firing

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Leperflesh posted:

***PRIORITETY ISSLEDOVANIYE 01 JAN 1905 ST PETERSBURG***
YEGO IMPYERATORSKOGO VYELICHYESTVA (NIKOLAYA II [VTOROGO])
pre:
Research Area				Last research		Priority	Levels
Machinery development			Side drums		High		3
Armour development			Face Hardening		Medium		2
Hull construction			High tensile steel	Low		2
Fire control				Central firing		Low		3
Subdivision and damage control		Double bottom		Medium		1
Turrets and gun mountings		Pneumatic recuperator	Low		3
Ship design				3 centreline turrets	Low		3
AP Projectiles				Reliable bursting chrgs	Medium		2
Light forces and torpedo warfare	DD of up to 600 tons	High		1
Torpedo technology			Imp. compressed air	High		2
Submarines				Diving planes		Low		4
Explosive shells			Safe fuze arming	Low		2
Fleet tactics				Improved signalling	Medium		2
Naval guns				13 inch guns		Medium
TSAR NICOLAS ALREADY BORED WITH HIS NEW SUBMARINES STOP
IT TURNS OUT THE VIEW UNDER THE DARK TURBID WATERS OF THE BALTIC SEA IS POOR STOP
NOW HE WANTS A LUXURIOUS YACHT STOP
ONE THAT GOES FASTER THAN 22 KNOTS END

Seconding Burod's request for a luxury yacht to make it an official votable act

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Grey Hunter posted:

I think this is the only one up for vote.

Veloxyll posted:

Seconding Burod's request for a luxury yacht to make it an official votable act

Ruuuuude!

Nay

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Grey Hunter posted:

Unless I personally get the yacht, It's a no go!

YOu'd just sink it anyhow!

Also was tempted to get RTW2 to play tonight. But then got reminded it's 1d3 days to get the codes to play.
By Semaphore.

Maybe later.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The Lone Badger posted:

The request was for a yacht, I think a destroyer would be fine.

You forget the conditions for 'winning' at ship design.

One of which is tonnage.

eDIT: U couldn't figure out whioch was the save. then it was 11 and I have work tomorrow augh

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 12, 2019

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Imperator Nicolai Veliki Because if it's not an abomination, what's the point?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

wedgekree posted:

Torps Away

Given the increasing importance of torpedos in our doctrine as the mainstay of ways to finish off enemy ships, I propose that a fleet training emphasis on use of torpedoes be instilled to help all crews improve in the handling of them in the case of further hostilities.

I believe (at least in RTW 1) you could emphasize specific types of training at extra cost for ships. If so, propose setting it on torpedoes nwo that we have a small surplus.

You can for an increase in maintenance costs.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Yea
Yea

Mothball the Tsar's yacht? Heresy!~

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Grey has literally played WW2 Pacific DAY BY DAY...Twice.

I think it's safe to say he'll manage to get to the 50s in this one

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The Lone Badger posted:

No! This is a priceless cultural artifact, and must be precisely preserved for our peoples future.

Gulping Again posted:

Aye and Aye

Additionally Continuously refit the yacht with the latest technology as it becomes available, budget permitting.

I feel like this is going to be a point of contention for some time. It will, however, require a seperate act next session either way.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Cross Firing CA

A new heavy Cruiser squadron of at least 6 ships is to be commissioned. The only requirements are
23+ Kt as per a prior act
At least one set of Cross Deck firing turrets
CA designation.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

vyelkin posted:

lmao we're still building three heavy cruisers and two of them are halted for lack of funds

I don't want to hear your excuses!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

unwantedplatypus posted:

Basically it needs to be faster than cruisers and stronger than destroyers and corvettes. You guys are really overgunning these ships. And you don't need a caliber greater than, like, 5

You've seen the perils of poorly worded legislation with how we're awash with submarines!
You knew the risks!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Itz Small. It'z got gunz dat kan shoot either side, wif lotza dakka ta boot, an it'z got enuf gitz on it to be plunderin any gitz dat cross itz paff. wifout any o dat evy arma to get in da way!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

simplefish posted:

I think this bill is a silly idea, so the cheaper one does less harm.

I vote Dakkalor

I mean, I'm not gonna lie, putting float planes on does have a certain appeal. No-one expects KEs to have bombers on board!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

I haven't played this one yet (but I'm close to cracking), but a question: Is there a design we already have that's good enough and tested enough to spam out a few to replace our losses? We have some big boys on the slipways but we've lost some destroyers and I'd like to see more destroyers and light cruisers out asap. If it's anything like RTW1, a design we already have (maybe modified) is cheaper and faster to build.

You can, indeed, make new designs based on old designs.
Certain things, like changing weight, will make it a whole new ship, but a redesign is entirely possible.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

WE'Z GLAD YA ASKED

Takin insprashun from tha preevyus entry, we prezents da Dukh Zakona
Turnz owt dat puttin de secon set a gunz in turretz iz impossible, but az da bill demandz, she az 8 12 inch riflez. (datz 4x2 for doze in da bak).

I challenge any ov our kompetitorz ta jam more fiarpower into a modern warship dan we did.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IfIqw_F2OSkdBZB1sjot-HG04PCGnqg8

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The Lone Badger posted:

You've used 14" quality -1 as well.

Oh wait now I see. Oops.

Only for the turret guns!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Saros posted:

Jesus f'ing Christ.

Also needs wayyyyy more main gun ammo.

I know, I was trying to keep costs somewhat reasonable. The secondaries have infinite ammo though so it's FIIIINE. Though I guess I did have some tonnage to play with. Maybe I'll make a B variant. Maybe I'll let it compete as it stands.
If we put it in for refit when we get better 14" guns, we can always bulge the hull and fill it with more shells

Though when I go back to check things, it lets me put the 12" guns in turrets now. WEIRDNESS.

As for costs, iot's competitive with the Åsidosätta on price. That's just what a Battleship costs nowadays. Inflation is hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Splode posted:

The Riga because it's the only legal entry

None of the entries are fully legal. The Riga only has 3x2 12" guns :)

and only two of them are BB class, the rest are BC.

This has been a Good Design Contest (I was considering actually making a B variant with more tonnage and ammo, but voting was up before I got home)

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jul 8, 2019