Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Daikloktos posted:

I laughed when Bojack did overt period flashbacks to the 80's and early 90's in its first season, but then in Season 3 they did the same thing with 2007 and it sold as an equally foreign time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlfK51tN-xo

I was astonished at how precisely they hit 2007.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

SolarFire2 posted:

Abusive creator aside, I think that Ren and Stimpy has not aged well at all.

Edit: Everything Ren and Stimpy did, Rocko's Modern Life did better.

Hell, Rocko even had a decent movie return.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Being pro-racism and anti-Dolly Parton seems like a bold move.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's also a tiny as gently caress team that tries to be quality on a budget so it takes a lot of time to make it work.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I do love that it's just so transparently a Bane imitation.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I assure you that Shakespeare himself said all these swears.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I just went through all of Helluva Boss. Better than I expected. I feel like it would be a little funnier if they trimmed the cursing by like 25%.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Kroll is one of those comedy guys from a wealthy, connected family who went to a top flight college, became a writer, got more connections with even more would-be comedy writers from wealthy families, and go on to be really mediocre and omnipresent, but also write a film where he's a dentist who fucks an olympic skater which is an oddly specific dream to have Mr. Kroll.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

The back half of Revelation was great though I would have watched just for those abs.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

MellowMushroom posted:

I don't use twitter so I haven't seen these tweets. I think people have a reason to be upset by his actions, no doubt, but I just see it as trolling rather than legitimate hatred, that's all.

it's just trolling bro

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can't believe that's the episode they dedicated to Marcia Wallace.

Like they couldn't make the episode centered around this?

Simpsons doesn't have the heart anymore to do anything but stale jokes.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Vandar posted:

Flight of Dragons goddamn owns.

It's from that time when Rankin Bass was making really cool animated films, like the Hobbit and the Last Unicorn.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Bust Rodd posted:

Two films that AFAICT were NEVER shown on Cartoon Network despite being absolutely PERFECT for it!! I really wonder why they could score Flight of Dragons but not these!

I know that the Hobbit aired on normal cable because I had a VHS recording of it but it could have also been on like, Disney because they got weird sometimes and showed random stuff that they had distribution rights to but didn't actually make. Or maybe it was on the Family Channel or like Nickelodeon.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

drrockso20 posted:

Its hard to forget seeing a weird little man get covered in feces then frozen into a "poopsicle" then later licked free by a bunch of deer who then have poo poo stains on their teeth for the rest of the movie

It was in all the trailers.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

The United States posted:

I think the only people who have even seen Eight Crazy Nights are in this thread

We're all here.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Okay but lets be real: "I'm polluting on purpose for no reason!" that part is true, turns out Captain Planet was right and this is a real and serious problem that happens all the time and it's only getting worse and stupider and that's how we end up with poo poo like NFTs.

There's a curve with Captain Planet.

When you're a kid, you're all GO PLANET! and you don't think about it.
When you get a bit older, you think that poo poo was unrealistic, nobody would act like that, polluting for no reason.
When you're fully grown, the terror sets in and you realize Captain Planet was right, except that those educational bits at the end of the episode should have been less about separating your recyclables and more about building molotov cocktails and how to service a rifle for when the revolution comes.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Bust Rodd posted:

I watched Akira last night with a friend who loves anime but had never seen it before and he, a film major btw, turned to me about an hour in and said “it’s disgusting how good this is.” and I have no choice but to agree. One of the most influential pieces of art made in the last century, IMO.

Oh it's an absolutely beautiful piece of cinema. Even if a clip from it did traumatize me as a child.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

pixaal posted:

Disney is famous for animators having draws of the characters naked. (That's a pun not a typo)

There's a vault where they keep them.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Happy Landfill posted:

Speaking of Helluva Boss, they did a livestream watch party last night with a bunch of the actors watching episodes 1-4. For some of them this was their first time seeing the show. Highlights include:
-some really great behind-the-scenes stuff, especially in regards to recording during COVID
-this being the first time a lot of them have met in person and it shows because they are so giddy :3:
-"I LOVE YOU MILLIE" "I LOVE YOU MOX MOX" :kimchi:
-"SEASON 2!!!????"
- This being the first time James Monroe Ingleheart has apparebtly seen the Ms Mayberry bit in episode 1 and watching is face go from :stare: to :magical:
-Richard Horvitz making it known that he had no idea what pegging was until working on this show (pegging comes up a lot)
-"STELLA"
- the animation director being so deep in to the world lore that they are almost more knowledgeable than Vivienne in some aspects (usually minor things like whether or not the sun comes out in the Greed Ring)
-Zim laugh. Because of course
-Bryce Pinkham doing the filthiest monologue off-the-cuff in Ep 1 to be bleeped out ( Richard and Vivienne: :magical: :magical:)
-The show is about relationships
-Episodes will be getting longer at some point
-They have absolutely looked up Rule 34. Most of it is Loona.

https://youtu.be/5XUEc0kfKGs

If you have a couple hours it's pretty funny! Big downside is the sound keeps cutting out on the stream so it's a bit choppy at times and poor Vivan Nixon keeps losing signal :( That said, everyone seems so stoked to be there together and it's real sweet. It's awesome to see how passionate they all are about working on this show

Also, if you scroll down a bit in the comments someone created a list if timestamps to some good bits. SparklesofPurple is the username

Edit: Bonus

https://twitter.com/norrynator/status/1520574790695718912?s=20&t=jJNNK8csH-8Dsjpd92W0ng

It is weirdly irritating to me that not only are they clearly having connection issues but they're watching their own stuff off of youtube rather than their own file, which is probably making it worse.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Context is that they're still working on a second episode, two years later.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah i am genuinely curious weird poo poo its gonna be. because i loving loved bushworld adventures and unironically think its the best rick and Morty thing

people keep telling me how amazing it is and how its basicaly conan with out all the weird um "baggage".

Primal is Genndy Tartakovsky making a show, virtually free of dialog, where a dinosaur and a caveman wander around and violence happens. It's beautiful and amazing. Also the sound design is great.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dapper_Swindler posted:

He isn’t currently, he is making the line drop like a loving rock.

I'm fond of the idea that investors are just like "Well, gently caress, they're gonna cancel everything I watch! What's even the point??"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Electric Phantasm posted:

They said no Scooby Doo, but didn't say no Scrappy Doo.

It's his time to finally be redeemed!

And they said nothing about his expansive family, like:

Scooby Dum, Scooby's stupid cousin.

Yabba Doo, Scrappy's hick uncle who has never appeared on screen with Scooby.

Scooby Dee, Scooby's movie star cousin who...according to this site both Scooby and Scrappy have the hots for? Wild.

And many more!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

limp_cheese posted:

I thought it was the other way around where they were always shocked at how well the dick was animated even though it was going to be behind a censor bar. I think at one point they mention how they can't get good animation for a car that is in the center of most shots in the episode yet they just mention a penis and the animators give it the smoothest and best animation of anything in the episode.

Everyone knows that all animators are perverts. It's science.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That sounds unpleasant.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i was worried about that. judging from the info that came out before the reviews, it sounded like i really hated the source material and wanted to garth ennis it. like i am not even a big fan of scooby do and dont mind the race changes(outside how loving lazy shaggys new design is) but the fact that its just doing garth ennis to scooby is sad.

also you can do hosed up gross jokes in pretty progressive shows, you just have to be funny and actually clever about doing those jokes and know how and who tells them.

fun part is gonna be watching the show runners try to defend their stupid awful show by pretending its chuds getting mad about it and only that. just like that awful elf show from to years back.

honestly, you could make an ok adult oriented scooby do, but it would have to actully be clever and not super crass, like it would be like that good scooby do show that came out a decade ago but like maybe a couple more adult show and allowed to make velma a lesbian or whatever maybe the occassional "ru rohm rher rucked" joke.

What elf show?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

DoctorWhat posted:

AMC just announced that the finished second season of Pantheon won't be aired or released.

Das Boo, I'm so sorry.

Jeez. Guess it's good that was only on my to-watch list. Now I can just safely remove it because of these bloodsucking capitalists.

Do you think they realize people will just...stop getting invested? That's supposedly a thing they care about, and I've had to become more careful about what I watch because of all this bullshit. Maybe it'll just disappear, maybe who the gently caress knows!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Netflix: Give me ten million dollars or I kill Stranger Things.

Give me a hundred thousand, a hamburger, and a gun and I will do it myself.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jesus, this is no good.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Das Boo posted:

They advertised for a BG designer a couple of days ago and I applied. Wish me luck! :3:

Good luck!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's alright. I like the style. It's distinct but not ugly.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Arc Hammer posted:

That's an insult to XRA. That show looks incredible.

Yeah. To be fair, "rendered on a PS2" was a deliberate stylistic choice that contributed to the weirdness of the show as a whole.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's a show about nothing in that it's about the daily minutiae and weird poo poo where a comedian gets the material for their routines.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The entire plot, the whole mystery of the first Ace Ventura movie, hinges on one, big, transphobic reveal.

And the second movie is just really racist.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

drrockso20 posted:

Thundarr is legitimately good though and also has designs by Jack Kirby

Makes sense. The concept was pretty in line with some of Kirby's work, too.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
First new episode, the new VAs are either entirely uncommented on, or you see the bodies of Rick & Morty mostly stuff into a garbage can, implying that they were replaced by universe-jumping doppelgangers.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Ups_rail posted:

Do you know that Snarf isnt his name? Its his race, but snarf in TC is named osbert.

Which means thundercats are racist against snarfs

Do you think Snarf is ever haunted by being the last of his kind?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Ups_rail posted:

No because later on the show thundera reforms and theres a valley of the snarfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQMu5ZCHvxE

I know but like, before that.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah I was thinking that Moxie being the son of a mob boss was in the character outline, at least, from the start. I mean his name is Moxie; it's so 1920-30s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Maybe shark demons have skeletons.