Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

all this lefty podcasty drama stuff goes way over my head, tried TrueAnon out recently but the guy is kinda annoying so idk if ill keep going

Revolutions ain't coming back until December now apparently so that sucks but hey never a bad time to relisten to old episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

getting all my belden bros together to come to your house and dunk your head in the toilet, prepare yourself

haha

"your house" :smith:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

think Age of Napoleon is my favorite podcast going right now

gonna be sad when it's done but that'll be a few years at least

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Makhno was pretty good iirc? Kicked out antisemitic people, fought the white army, tried to do ancom poo poo. I haven't read any of his theory or whatever and I know more about post war Russia but he looked like the best power in Ukraine

you should read a bit about his relations with the Bolsheviks!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

a great way to make chili is to not have animal meat but do have bulgur wheat to have kind of the same texture

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

moot the hopple posted:

How is Mike Duncan's History of Rome/Revolutions podcast? I heard that Haiti and later seasons turned him left which is cool, but is his earlier output succlib poo poo?

Please also recommend other history podcasts that aren't libertarians spewing four hours of dad history at me.

they're very good, classics of the medium. History of Rome starts of very rough and just gets better and better. it's sorta fitting with how the early history of Rome is all essentially myth and stories and documented history doesn't start till hundreds of years later. as mentioned Duncan always had a bit of a leftist streak in his analysis (which there isn't always a lot of, it's often just here is what happened), he just didn't fully crack ping until halfway through Revolutions.

others, I've been enjoying Age of Napoleon a lot. Fall of Civilizations eps are quite long but very well-produced and very far from dumbass dad history. History of Byzantium is a worthy successor to Rome if you end that and decide you wanna see where Rome went next.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

100%, the D&D morons cite him as a credible leftist.

what thread lol i gotta see this

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The china thread, lol.

I regret asking for this now

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

The missus is about 1/2 way through crack pinging, but wanting to find some podcasts that deliver "the truth".

Issue is like 3 months ago Pod Save America, DemocracyNow, and the like were all she consumed, thinking they were radical truth & changed oriented (rather then blue funnels). She can't get behind trueanon, wondering if anyone has some good halfway step podcast recommendations.

Ghost Stories For the End of the World is the manna you want

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Judakel posted:

anarchism is

every time lol

can't there just be one who isn't supremely hosed in the head?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

mila kunis posted:

im personally feeling betrayed by chapo itself. can someone help the forums anti communist brain trust hiding out in PYF for some reason suss out which one of the chapo lads is one of the ebil tankies so we can finally cancel them

I dont believe it and I certainly ain't checking the source of that quote

you made that up!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

im thankful for the podcast thread which has taught me that online anarchists consider child sex trafficking a form of mutual aid

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Gripweed posted:

When you say "community survival strategies",

she's an anarchist who posted some dumb stuff about Lenin on Twitter unfortunately. feminazgul is OK I guess

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

listening to Blowback and drat its good and incredibly infuriating. theyve got some of the chapo guys on sometimes and it's like, this is what Chapo guys do outside of their show, versus the lib murder apologist podcasters who want to hug and kiss rapist war criminal Joe Biden. Ive never even listened to Chapo but they keep popping up on other good podcasts??

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1428498829310144514?s=20

The "middle ground" between imperialism and isolationism is, uh, funding the UN? You gotta be loving kidding.

I mean what can you expect from Bernie Sanders's press secretary lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but bill Maher:genx::John Stewart:millennials correct?

my boomer liberal parents watch Bill Maher and as far as I can tell they don't even really pay attention they just like that he shits on the GOP

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

Libwife had one of her entertainment friends live on our couch for a couple of months back when we were in LA. She was a poster and she watched Bill Maher on our HBO account the entire stay. We went to her pro-woman Wonder Woman watch parties but she never attended out Black Panther Cookouts (EVEN THOUGH OUR PARTY WAS FREE BECAUSE COMMON BOUGHT OUT THE MOVIE THEATER THAT JERK).

Just a terrible entertainer for terrible entertainers. One time I cornered her with a question "Why does Bill Maher get to say the n-word?" and she froze, unable to defend her bae. I would have accepted "because he has a black wife" but she was too cowardly

picturing some enormous goon towering over a meek woman in a corner, bullying her about watching lovely lib TV

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

talking to another person is bullying them

I'm trying to make comrade Bernie proud of us here

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this is one of those freaks true anon covered on their utah episodes

https://twitter.com/Doug_Tilley/status/1650517041797910530

somehow even funnier than the thumbnail suggests

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Huh I just listened to TrueAnon's first spot with David Banks yesterday and finished reading Tom Frank's Listen, Liberal the day before, which talks a lot about the "creative class" and Richard Florida, and now the latest ep is Banks back to talk about exactly that subject. Clearly they are watching me.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Everything Dune did was done better by Warhammer 40,000

I'm not a huge Dune person but I've read some 40k books and: lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Gripweed posted:

There are considerably more good Warhammer novels than there are good Dune novels. It's a stronger franchise, in literary terms.

thats a very strange way to think about literary quality

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Shipon posted:

they're not, its just that goons still think it's 2007 and turn into a frothing mad rabies victim at the sight of anything remotely anime

the vtuber thread on these forums got gassed because it was full of creeps sexualizing the anime children lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

this discussion is aids please post about podcasts

Im starting a podcast about vtubers

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Yung chomsky looks exactly like the guys they make fun of in the "city authentic" episodes and I hope it didnt hurt his feelings

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Majorian posted:

The "Loss Prevention Guys" episode of "Guys" is must-listen. The fact that there is an internet subculture for store cops is so grim but so funny.

they should do one about "Podcast Guys"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

anyone listen to this? sounds pretty enlightening - https://losspreventionmedia.com/category/podcast/

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ted Lasso got so far up its rear end that its gone from being a kinda dumb cutesy show with flawed but lovable characters you can root for, to a horrific mess of hour long mini-epic episodes with a thousand characters you dont care about doing jack and poo poo and quipping lame jokes that fall flat

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

was listening to TrueAnon while running this morning, old ep where they mention propaganda about North Korea, and I thought hey they should do an ep about Yeonmi Park, and now this has manifested into reality

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

ahahhahahha

women be cheatin

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Have you tried loving your spouse instead

Or just, I dunno, hanging out with them

pretty boring for a podcast

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Just remembered this

cringe

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

finally I can say Taylor "Nazi fucker" Swift

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

i say swears online posted:

i'm 46 minutes in and yet again anything said just glides right off me with zero retention. maybe he needs a wacky co-host

I get this a lot with parapolitical podcasts, I love em all and you bet I'll keep listening but it is hard to pay attention

The Farm is the most like this, I'll listen to 6 hours of talking about anticommunist conspiracies and discordianism and go uhhhh what

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Dr. Killjoy posted:

latest Farm ep is great because Recluse brings back the forums posting dork he had on a while back but talking about drill music

like a month back he had on a guy who turns into a werewolf

more people should listen to the Farm

Absolutely, when it's good it's gold, the WACL series is incredible, rip Don Dilligent

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Popy posted:

new szn of blowback soon

what about

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Clark Nova posted:

https://twitter.com/deep_beige/status/1604280308555300866

reposting because they made a good rear end trailer

oh hell yeah that's the best topic they could have picked

I recommended Blowback yesterday to a coworker doing a cross country drive, hoping he comes back all crackpinged about Iraq

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Popy posted:

rather listen to ropekid on some dumb guy podcast then some nerd hipster podcast that calls everything problematic

whats a example of the latter

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

thats this one right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

mcmagic posted:

I like Jamie even if this is cringe.

You don't need to post self-owns, no one is forcing you to!