Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Isn't Chelsea Clinton a Daily Beast board member?

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

StashAugustine posted:

They die in elaborate accidents involving fire extinguishers and remote breaching charges

lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It's insanely normal that pedophiles, lifetime sexual predators, and human traffickers are always no more than two degrees of separation away from the most powerful people in both political parties

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Lol I didn't know Larry Summers was in the flight logs

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

get that OUT of my face posted:

jesus christ, at least pretend to put up a facade of normalcy

Why bother when you're insulated from all consequences

See also: The Podestas' art collection

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Epstein will get the Rebecca Zahau treatment and it will be ruled a suicide

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

The Saucer Hovers posted:

hey how come all those boys in that pic get to stuff their undies but none of the gals get to

You shut up. You will not burst my illusion that all these sacrifices to Abaddon had massive hogs

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Epstein will get the Rebecca Zahau treatment and it will be ruled a suicide

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I've definitely got Epstein brain. Last night I watched JFK for the first time. I had never heard of Jim Garrison or the New Orleans characters involved. Anyway, now I'm convinced the CIA is behind everything.

Any recommendations for a good history of the CIA? Something that's a sober analysis that sticks to known facts, yet also is not any way apologetic. I want to get into the real poo poo.

Legacy of Ashes by Tim Weiner

Covers the CIA from its founding to about 2010 with loads of source material that had only recently been declassified at the time. Probably the most thorough overview imo. There are loads of books that delve into specific operations but this gives you a good timeline of everything and goes into a lot of the agency infighting and how the agency's relationship with presidential administrations got more strained and duplicitous over time.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Helsing posted:

Literally came here to say don't read Legacy of Ashes, especially if your interest was piqued by JFK.

What don't you like about it?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Helsing posted:

Ooook but strap on your tinfoil hat.

:words:

drat. I didn't know any of this. I'm honestly not well versed on the JFK assassination beyond what I've read in a couple books.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Danger posted:

It's been years since I read it about I'm pretty sure the big takeaway I got from Legacy of Ashes was that the KGB just danced circles around US intelligence.

Yeah, it goes in depth on how the CIA started as a bunch of effete Harvard WASP lawyers who were totally out of their depth. The book talks a lot about how James J Angleton was either supremely incompetent or literally in league with the Cambridge Five lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

To what degree is billionaire philanthropy just international money laundering

100%

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Most likely that's referring to Ehud Barak (former Israeli PM) because he's made several appearances at Epstein's NYC mansion even within the last few years and that creepy apartment building owned by Epstein's brother where apparently lots of trafficked child "models" were put up

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Now more than ever we need Nick Mullen, Brace Belden, Liz Franczak, and Matt Christman banging the war drums on CNN

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
This poo poo is the biggest indictment of capitalism and the ruling class imaginable lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
My girlfriend had her friend on speakerphone yesterday and I hijacked the conversation to talk about this for like 15 minutes lol. They were already pretty conversant on it though

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Bulgakov posted:

be it one of the girls recruited nominally for modeling and really for sex or a bangladesh worker building fifa stadiums for qatar or some migrants trapped on fishing boats for years, this story is a universal one of people with power exploiting their position over those who have none. and the day to day lives of the powerful people at the top basically have zero interaction with the world of material constraints in which most of humanity exists, which is insane when attempting to think about but they are completely far gone and live in a parallel world of exclusive access

It honestly infuriates me that no politician is putting this poo poo in the broader context of capitalism and ruling elites, especially when all but one or two people running for president are trying to assure us that "the status quo is good, actually, it just needs some tinkering."

Like how do you not connect the depraved and unaccountable ways in which all these super-rich, powerful people live with the fact that Flint has poison water or people are committing murder-suicides because they can't pay their medical bills

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
So tragic that both Rebecca Zahau and Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide by hanging while bound and gagged

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I woke mine up to tell her and she was immediately like "OH MY GOD"

Chapo Trap House, TrueAnon, and Cum Town need to do a special joint podcast from a secure location

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

rapeface posted:

i understand lovecraft protagonists being driven mad by being confronted by their helplessness before an uncaring universe now

It really is amazing how this whole thing conformed to Lovecraft's technique of a protagonist having lots of disparate, independently verifiable scraps of information that when taken together show the outer contours of something unspeakably horrible

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Alright guys time for a TV/IV thread where we all watch Chinatown, Eyes Wide Shut, and True Detective S1 together

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

"The official then 'chucked deuces' and drove away in his McLaren P1."

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Like, for a brief moment I try to hold the totality of these factors amd what they imply in my head all at once:

- Dyncorp
- Humpty Dumpty
- The NYC apartment building occupied almost entirely by child models
- The temple
- NATO bombings in Yugoslavia and the war orphans created there
- The scifi alien sex cult novel written by the AG's dad, who also hired Epstein at the private high school
- Epstein's interest in eugenics and erotic slavecraft
- The Maxwell family
- Bill Gates, Stephen Pinker, and the Gates foundation in Africa
- The Lolita Express flight to Africa where Clinton, Spacey, etc. were onboard

And my brain overloads. And this is with me forgetting or repressing dozens of other factors

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Jonny 290 posted:

"while it is regrettable that MOVE reformed this very weekend and ended up squatting in Epstein's brownstone, there's only one way we know to deal with them, which is why that happened today"

lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

:911:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
lol that our only hope for new revelations is something slipping out from Trump's puddingbrain

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It still breaks my brain that Clinton almost certainly raped a Yugoslavian war orphan that he was responsible for creating when he greenlit bombings to distract America from the Lewinsky scandal

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

What

I know about the Juanita rape but wtf

I mean just in terms of probability since Epstein has connections with Dyncorp, some of his more prominent sex slaves are from Yugoslavia and Clinton used NATO forces to bomb them during the Lewinsky scandal. I'm not saying he bombed Yugoslavia for that reason but chances are good that the bombings resulted in some displaced girls being trafficked by Epstein or Dyncorp and it came back around to him in the 2000s

Or maybe my Epstein brain has reached a terminal stage

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Mariana Horchata posted:

dyncorp has the contract for inventorying everything seized thru the (now restarted) federal civil asset forfeiture programs

its also who trumo wanted to hire as his own private secret service force for the inaug

they are owned by cerburus capital management whos ceo is stephen feinberg who happens to be the head of the presidents intelligence advisory board

Dyncorp is honestly one of the most disturbing pieces in this whole hosed up puzzle

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I remember thinking it was over-the-top anime poo poo in Metal Gear Solid 2 that the President of the United States was the head of child solider army in the Liberian civil war and nobody knew about it or called attention to it later.

Now I just don't know anymore

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Washington Post is usually transparently carrying water for its ultra-wealthy psychopath owner when it comes to bad faith attacks on Bernie or whatever but

lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
We're also assuming that Maxwell is on the lamb, but she's just as likely in a lamb by now

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

gh0stpinballa posted:

there is currently no evidence he killed himself apart from anonymous sources saying so.

This is the best part of all these different journalists breathlessly telling everyone to get woke about the abhorrent conditions of US prisons. The medical examiner hasn't even declared it a suicide yet so they have nothing to stand on. It's so transparent lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

have any of the epstein brain podcasts updated yet

TrueAnon did a Pod Save America-style emergency pod, otherwise I don't think so

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

eshock posted:

Has anyone listened to the premium episode of TrueAnon, and is it worth subscribing to?

I subbed yesterday and listened to it. Depends on how much patron-only content they end up producing but it was informative. It deals mostly with Jean Luc Brunel but was recorded before the news of Epstein's death broke.

Tbh my Epstein brain is very strong (for now at least) that it seems just as subscription-worthy as Chapo, Contrapoints, or whatever else I throw a few bucks per month at

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It appears you traveled through space-time like the protagonist of "Dreams in the Witch-House" and were transported to the MCC on the morning of August 10th.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The Pod Save America Jons' take on Epstein is exactly what you would expect lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Mr Hootington posted:

Russia did it?

The entire conversation was around conditions in the MCC and that Trump retweeted a conspiracy theory that the Clintons had him killed. They were also upset at Twitter blowing up with amateur detectives and that Barr didn't do better keeping the prison in good order. No mention of Barr's dad's ties to Epstein and literally no mention of anyone else but Trump in connection to Epstein and his crimes. They would always say "other people" instead of naming, say, Bill Clinton.

I guess they want to make sure their listeners stay onboard with them and the far more boring and far less consequential Russiagate garbage

MeatwadIsGod has issued a correction as of 23:05 on Aug 12, 2019