Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
You can do a seven day week and I'll do a one day week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Henry Black posted:

So even with the DUP, there's no majority now, right?

There's still Kate Hoey.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Henry Black posted:

Have Gove and Javid been replaced with wax models? Those thousand yard death stares are creeping me out

Imminent unemployment looming

coffeetable posted:

fwiw, if boris loses an election on oct 14th he'll be the shortest-serving prime minister in history

needs to hang on till nov 20th to pass george canning

Tories breaking all the records this year

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Are we watching the Tory part collapse in front of us due to the stubbornness of its current and last leader?

God, I hope so. Their ability to vote in lockstep is basically their only admirable quality.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Well, that makes a ton of sense. Why nick your pinky as an example when you can shotgun your leg off instead

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Ah yes, the Brexit process, famously straightforward and simple.

Were these people even conscious for the last three years

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

notaspy posted:

So, even after the worst start ever as PM the tories are still massively ahead in the polls.

This loving country man.

I blame the yellow tories.

They were before the last election too, and that one lead to the biggest swing to Labour in half a century

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Jose posted:

telegram is what nazis moved onto

But they were already so welcome on Twitter

Or is Twitter a won campaign for them so they're moving to fresh conquests

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

The bit where Cumberbatch goes to his mind palace and projects designer brand logos out of his skull. When I saw that, I thought it had been altered to be as cringe-inducing as possible, but no, that was the original show.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Barry Foster posted:

This is going to be a problem, isn't it

Nah, they'll still go for a Tory coalition

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

El Pollo Blanco posted:

The system that's currently falling apart because it's all held together with gaffer tape labeled "convention"?

Wait, are you talking about the UK or US system here

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I wish I could say I don't believe it

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Barry Foster posted:

Single issue remainers will definitely flock to the Lib Dems

They would already have done this if it was gonna happen. The lib dems have claimed to be the remainiest party ever for a long time, but the fact that they are liars and tories, plus the fact that they won't win an election and can therefore promise the moon on a stick works against them

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

What's the thread opinion of Jess Phillips?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

(This is muddied a bit by the fact that judges can and do make up laws on the fly if you end up in court, but they shouldn't.)

This is interesting - do you have some examples?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

The Lone Badger posted:

That looks like very poorly designed gear. Dark fabric is bad enough but... metal buttons? Are you fzcking kidding me?

What would you use? Wood?! :monocle:

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

So our glorious future is as a bomb factory for racists

Also our glorious present and past

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

It's a crying shame Pete Postlethwaite is dead or he'd have been an excellent Vimes.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

e: carrots are long and thin, like what the gently caress have you people ever actually seen one

Depends on the variety. You might as well argue with people's perception that carrots are orange.

Given that Carrot literally blocks out the sun with his hugeness, and is described as a "Scary uniform" alongside his troll colleague, you can probably assume that he's not named after some tiny variety of carrot.

Gort fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 12, 2019

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

D. Ebdrup posted:

Hasn't his daughter promised publicly that she would adapt her fathers work as faithfully as possible? In which case it doesn't seem like they could tell a new story involving Carcer in "present-day" Ankh-Morpork.

I haven't enjoyed the writing of anything Rhianna Pratchett has been involved in.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

This cheered me up today and I'd like to see more of it.

Holy poo poo this is brilliant

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Calico Heart posted:

Just checking in are politics fun again yet

when were politics fun

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Can we arrest him now then

Or is unlawfully disabling the government of a country a lesser crime than say, stealing a tube of toothpaste

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Munin posted:

Welp, I did not expect that.

Now to watch how the conservative press and supporters receive the news. Death threats to the judges directly on the front page of the Mail and Express?

Probably just the usual "enemy of the people" veiled death threats in the papers, with the outright calls to institute a genocidal totalitarian dictatorship staying in Internet comment sections.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

HauntedRobot posted:

The next pmq should open with bercow sitting there one leg draped nonchalantly over the arm of his chair not even lifting his eyes to say "well well well, look who came crawling back"

Perhaps a slow clap for the fools who have stumbled into his lair

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

Slight less than that actually (forgot to take into account the exchange rate, more like 70k pounds), but yes. And I keep getting poo poo from my parents for not having more and not having bought a house by now. As if I want to tie my self down to any country, let alone one that might be completely underwater in the coming decades.

Wait, if you have £70,000, why haven't you bought a house? Have you just got that money stuck in your bank account?

And no country is going to be "completely underwater" unless you're living on a Pacific island or something. The literal water rising is one of the smallest problems climate change presents humanity.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Looking it up, there's only a third of the Netherlands that's below sea level...

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

There isn't a way to invest without potentially losing all your money. It's all gambling.

There are safer bets, like buying a house (also frees you from just throwing money in a parasite's pockets every month), but even stuff like, "I just keep it in my bank account" is you gambling that the money continues to be worth poo poo.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

It would be except I'd be surprised if anywhere in yorkshire didn't vote tory :v:

If we had more Yorkshires we'd be much better off

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Jedit posted:

Don't be. AWB are spectacularly incompetent.

Then the kid'll look really good by comparison

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Hentai Jihadist posted:

I don't think the LDs will coalition with bojo but I definitely think they'd coaliton with any other tory that comes after him

Nah, they'd coalition with any tory

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Feels like if there's a minimum age for voting and holding political office, there ought to be a maximum age too.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

I need slogans for signs protesting the Tory party conference, any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Corbyn's Ruthless Plot For Power:

Get elected