Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Okay, does anyone remember there was a dude who made a bunch of Twitter posts about how CI¿¿¿G??? had an obligation to make an "adult," "mature" game that was really just code for "my weird fetish" and had a gif of a woman tied to a chair getting hit by a bucket of water in all of his posts? Assuming this is something that actually happened or if I ate a bunch of expired meat and hallucinated in my fevered delirium, whatever happened to that guy? Is he still posting his weird nonsense? Did he get bored and move on to trying to get his rocks off to a different space game?

DID THIS ACTUALLY EVEN HAPPEN AT ALL??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

chaosapiant posted:

Thanos's ship looks like Van Damme when he did counter-top splits in Timecop. Go ahead try to not see that now.

You absolute son of a bitch.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Ramadu posted:

You'll regret feel ashamed of this your words and deeds when you learn recognize quiets secret!!!
Sorry. Have to preserve the fidelity of the original quote.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

I know everything about this game sucks poo poo but seriously what the gently caress is up with this interface, it gets worse with every iteration. I just... I have zero idea what it is you're supposed to be controlling for with these sliders.

As it was so eloquently put oh so many years ago: "Blend them noses."

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Prop Wash posted:

It's going to be particularly easy to grief these people if all it takes is a bright pink jumpsuit.

edit: dogge tax in a game that lets me be exactly as garish as i wanna be

Please, please tell me that buttizens are going to make a go at appropriating "whale."

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Bootcha posted:

Wait, poo poo, wrong series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2dbNx3c7uk

Edit: Cat taxxe paid on last page.

I know Ben Lesnik is kind of a scumbag, but it felt terrible seeing how committed and valuable he was to the project in the early going and seeing how super lovely he was treated by someone he idolized. Man. That's hosed up.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Yamiks wasn't even getting 30 FPS with a 1st gen thread ripper!!! How are you not outraged!!

I don't even know what a thread ripper is and I'm infuriated!!

Star Citizen is big! That must mean it has big threads!

RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR AT YOUR THREADS!!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

When is ShitCon this year? I look forward to it more than any other gaming event/conference/circle-jerk.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Quavers posted:

:cry: Hey! Derek Smart was right (after I was)! :negative:
I am cringing so hard it physically hurts.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Bmac32 posted:

But its ok that they are taking their time to make the best game they can.

I think the best part is that when 2020 comes and goes without Squadron 42 coming out, they'll play it off like they knew Hamill was just talking out of his rear end and never honestly believed he'd have some kind of inside scoop about the release date.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Pixelate posted:

I thought network guys were gold dust? Isn't a £40k baseline offer a bit lowball for a senior position?

That's true. This is the network administrator at my office:

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 2, 2019

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

Rexzilla trying to look all intense but just looks tired

Someone get that man a Red Bull!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

These guys sound like a bunch of battered housewives.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Sandweed posted:

This cant be real.

The Squadron 54 name-drop is a dead giveaway.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

The Titanic posted:

You're welcome I think. Literally rigged it hard too, including getting loans from shady Saudi Arabian millionaires to help ensure I am successful!

Vince McMahon spotted.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

precision posted:

I just stared at that roadmap for 5 straight minutes and I still have no idea how to glean any actual information out of it

fukken... THANK YOU!

Whenever someone posts that roadmap and everyone has a little giggle, I feel like I'm the only one left out who cannot make heads or tails of the thing.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh yeah, for sure, see a show. It sounds cliche but they are good as hell. Most of the Cirques are great, and of course there's Penn & Teller.

I seriously couldn't have given a single poo poo about Cirque du Soliel when I went to Las Vegas back in 2016 for EVO, but my wife humored my stupid hobby, so I figured it was only fair she pick the activities for the day-and-two-halves we were there and they weren't any tournaments I was interested in, and she wanted to go to a Cirque du Soliel show.

drat, dude. I thought I was going to suffer through it, but I think I ended up enjoying it even more than her. I'm not sure what the name of the show was. The one with the swimming pool in the middle. It was one of those things that I never would've done if it weren't for my wife, and that's one of the things that I love about her.

The tickets were pretty drat expensive, if I remember right, but you deffo get your money's worth.

When I went to Vegas in 2012 with some other friends, we ended up going to Penn and Teller. They were very good, of course. My only complaint is that, at least for the show I went, I had seen most of the tricks they did on TV, YouTube, etc. already. If you're not super into their shows or don't watch a lot of magic trick stuff on YouTube, I think you're actually more likely to feel like you got your money's worth than if you're a big fan who has seen most of the stuff they've done outside of their stage show.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and echo the sentiment that these shows are both worth your time and money and are way, way more fun and better entertainment than gambling.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

GhostDog posted:

I think once the Laterally Integrated Gaussian Master Architecture is coupled with Boundary Attached Low Level States everything will come together.

The fidelity of this post is stunning.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

eXXon posted:

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019 were pretty rough too, but 2020 is looking good so far.

The best any year ever looks is right before it actually starts.

This is good for Star Citizen.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

XK posted:

Engine wizards don't make a game.

Not even programming wizards.

Even Carmack fell to this foley.

Of course he did. Carmack is twerp who probably couldn't take a single chairshot to the dome from Mrs. Foley's baby boy.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

XK posted:

This isn't fidelitous.

I'm going to need you to clarify that, because that dude's post read like some poo poo pulled straight out of a time machine. If it were a Spartan warrior its name would be fidelitous maximus. Like the leader of Cuba drinking some chai and being contemplative, it was serious Fidel tea.

I'm not mad at you, but you're not making sense. Do you need a rub?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I don't think they're a game design company, right?

To be fair, neither is CI(G).

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Experimental Skin posted:

What do you mean? SC is the most profitable game in history! $300 million plus taken in! Take that publishers! Wooooo!

"Taken in" is right.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

https://youtu.be/PBq_FSJ3nKA

This is literally games journalism and Star Citizen.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Lord Stimperor posted:

Just saw a kickscammers video on bad board game kcikstarters. The first entry was Star Traders, which was considered a failure because it had to have all it's artwork redone because it was plagiarized by Ryan Archer. Nice

How on Earth does that dude keep getting work?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

monkeytek posted:

Do italics count?

Monkeytek

Don't sign you're posts.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

It's hilarious that, usually, this is just a Futurama reference, but in the case of Star Citizen, it's actually one of the most highly demanded features.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Bumble He posted:

with not much happening these days in starcitizenland and in this here hate-thread it feels like the show is over somehow. which leads me to this question:

did clown emporium win or did we win?

You win by having fun.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Songbearer posted:

They should have made a heavy metal space game

GWAR Citizen

If they did, then--and only then--the sandworm would not be a joke.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I think we're going to see more and more backlash against SQ42 as backers who either never really cared about it or stopped caring about it to focus on the PU start expressing this kind of opinion:

:reddit: Squadron 42 was always part of the deal, but over the last couple of months, it's been pissing me off more an more that they redirect ever more resources from SC to SQ42, to the point where it feels that only a skeleton crew is left to work on SC.

I mean, SQ42, okay, I'll play it. Maybe it's even going to be good, I dunno. But even if it is the best single player game of all times (and I very much doubt that since gameplay seems to have a pretty low priority) , I won't be playing it for longer than a couple of weeks, or months at best. Because single player. Star Citizen, on the other hand, I'll be playing for years, and probably on an almost daily basis.

So yeah, I'd very much prefer if the manpower and resources went into SC instead of SQ42, but I understand they want SQ42 out of the door.

However, I feel like I'm getting reeeeally close to the point where I'll go "gently caress Squadron 42!".

Bolded emphasis mine - it'd be hilarious, but I think the opposite is true. SQ42 clearly has a skeleton crew on it at this point, unless CIG is mismanaging the project even more than we think. But they've used SQ42 as an excuse for PU delays in the past so they can't walk that back now, and it's taken root in backers' minds, creating anger at SQ42.

Again, this is why I think CIG will eventually move to cancel or fold SQ42 into the PU. Very few people who are current contributors actually care about SQ42, and those that are probably have paid for it already. They've focused so much on creating and selling things to that group that they have no hope of appealing to anyone outside it - if SQ42 released tomorrow, and was good, it would STILL fight an uphill battle of "Oh, that game that's insanely late and sold thousand-dollar ships? Who even cares about that anymore" with the general public.

If anything, I think the opposite would be a better option. The words "Star Citizen" are poison in the minds of anyone but the most fanatical devotees to the Cult of Roberts. I think it would be better to roll Star Citizen into Squadron 42--a game that has barely any press at all surrounding it--to try and re-brand if they ever actually release a game (they won't, so ignore everything I said).

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

colonelwest posted:

“Well you see Cyber Witcher IV has really been in development for 15 years, because one of the CDPR devs once mentioned in passing in 2005 that it would be cool to make an 80’s Cyberpunk styled game. So SC being a broken pre-alpha after 8 years is normal and good. Buy an Idris.”

This is correct except the comparison to SC. Because, you see, SC has actally only been in development since 2018. Late 2018. Really late 2018. Almost mid-2019, honestly, when you factor in the holidays and weekends and commute time and lunch breaks. Can you believe everything everything they've done completely from scratch in just 6 short months??

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Pixelate posted:

Every time this guy wakes up he’s in the same ship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fWx3WdLzZQ

It’s not his ship, and it’s embedded in a wall. But I think we can agree this is progress.

PT sequel looking good.

e: beaten to the joke

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

The procedurally generated planet is changed. I feel it in the water in space. I feel it as I clip through the earth. I smell it in the argon. Much that once worked is lost, for none now work at CIG who remember it. It began with the forging of the Great Code StarEngine. Three DLLs were given to the Original Devs, immortal, wisest and closest to normal of all beings. Seven DLLs to the poo poo lords, great dataminers and craftsmen of the spaceship hallways. And nine, nine DLLs were gifted to the race of recent college grads, who, above all else, desire recognition. But they were, all of them, deceived, for another DLL was made. In the land of Santa Monica, in the bowels of a rented mansion, the Dark Lord Chris Roberts forged in secret a master DLL, to control all others. And into this DLL he poured his fidelity, his vision and his will to render shoelaces and eyelids. One DLL to break them all.

Silly goon, if you're going to post this, at least make sure it's in the original Elvish Xi'an!

I' procedurally generated planet naa changed. Amin tyava ta e' i' alu e' space. Amin tyava ta vee' amin clip imya i' Arda. Amin fira ta e' i' argon. Sai- tanya once moote naa lost, ten' none sii' moota ie' cig ya rina ta. Ta yeste yassen i' forgien en' i' great code starengine. Nelde dlls nae given a' i' original devs, ilfirin, wisest ar' closest a' sanya en' ilya beings. Otso dlls a' i' poo poo lords, great dataminers ar' craftsmen en' i' spaceship hallways. Ar' nine, nine dlls nae gifted a' i' race en' recent college grads, ya, above ilya eile, irma recognition. Nan' ron nae, ilya en' sen, wethrine, ten' another dll nae karne. E' i' ndor en' santa monica, e' i' bowels en' y' rented ilm, i' mori heru chris roberts tamine e' olin y' tura dll, tur- ilya others. Ar' e'a sina dll ro ulue ho fidelity, ho vision ar' ho will a' render shoelaces ar' eyelids. Er dll rusv- sen ilya

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Virtual Captain posted:

Sean Tracy is a better liar than Chris. Just sayin.

100% true. As I was reading his drunken, rambling pledge to prioritize gameplay over graphics and a commitment to an early 2021 release, I really, actually believed him for a good few minutes until I remembered that he's one of the SC people--a collection of """"""""game"""""""" """"""""developers"""""""" so woefully unqualified and inexperienced that half of senior management are still in diapers doomed to toil fruitlessly under the myopic and hamfisted parody of leadership routinely inflicted upon them by a drooling, syphilitic moron. Yeah, if anyone can release a brand new game mode in their buggy, jerry-rigged engine into beta by early next year, it's the guys with a sign posted in the break room explaining how to use the coffee maker in 31 easy steps.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Quavers posted:

Welcome back, Melvin! :wave:

I forget: is Mel the Nazi apologist or the guy who is secretly Toast?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

downout posted:

quote:

Unlike F076. At least Star Citizen actually works without crashing every ten minutes and actually bans their exploiters.
How did this person feel in regards to people quoting the poo poo out of this?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

G0RF posted:

Nobody really knows. She could’ve bugged out for her own reasons or could still be there, just not on camera.
Okay, so I think we can go ahead and dismiss this theory...

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Sabreseven posted:

Dead cat splatte

fin.

splatte taxxe

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ill have you know she was a goddess at DOOM and could beat your rear end in deathmatch any day of the week, point dexter.

Was this literally part of the lore? Was it actually? Really??

I am asking seriously--are you having a goof or was this actually something they publicly claimed?

Was this some obviously untrue bit of Sandi intended to prove her gamer pedigree and legitimize her as the head of marketing for an alleged game alleged developer by pandering to an audience of gamers? Because if this really happened, that's how I'm imagining it going down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

RandomGuy12 posted:

Star Citizen: Refund Ticket #502987

This is genuinely my favorite one yet.