Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

6 more years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Buy this ship its the best buy it buy it buy it please dear God buy it !

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Here's a better quality:

It's not handles, it's some display thing, maybe for time control games? They seem differently curved at each side (mirrored, that is), so it's likely it's something like the left one is for you, the right one for your opponent.

i'm the two small tables that are floating

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bootcha posted:

Aaaaaaaaabout that... if we're going by first mention.

drat why didn't he include this in the kickstarter or original website with 'the pledge'?

hmmmmm

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

In a normal game, the way to have two opposing in-game items battle it out would be to.. uh... actually battle it out... in the game?

Or are they literally just typing it all out on twitter, and then ending with - wow everyone really likes ship A over ship B, let's give it up for ship A!!!!1 Also ship A is now on sale for a limited time offer of 110% of it's regular price.

Ship B is ALSO ON SALE ! YAY!!!!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

A few things anger me from this, more than usual

1) Ben is probably still collecting an ungodly salary, and this is his entire job. Also it angers me that he keeps referring to the company like he actually is a part of it anymore, and not just an outcast

2) The entire article? is this a newsletter? It just talks about things that have already been talked about, or fawning over stupid poo poo like the lore.

3) Ben

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I don't blame Chris Roberts

When I was like 10 years old, I had dreams of being a big CEO and naming the company "LITERALLY MY NAME INC" , and I was the smartest person in the world, and I invented everything and was a billionaire 500 times over and married the hottest women

He's just living out his fantasy

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

When is the next big star citizen thing. Is it their annual con ?

I'm starved for really good shadenfruede from them

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP4d74Qk3ac

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I wish chris could give us a game that re creates real life !

Wait

Throwing money at stupid poo poo

Getting nothing in return

Having people mock you

Having to spend all your waking hours committed to the dream

By god chris is a genius !!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm honestly impressed Lando still has his desk out with the regular plebs, figured he for sure would have taken Ben's old office

Which begs the question, who moved into Ben's old office? Or did they just nail the door shut and let the wildlife take over

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

these meetups always seem like the type of thing the cops could sit outside and cherry pick at least 1 person as they leave

also hi replacement ben in the lower right

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It's funny when you think that the only person who should be blowing thousands on star citizen, a rich streamer, isnt.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

monkeytek posted:

It's what he gets for trying to cheat the system! Croberts built this into the game, no one is allowed more than one box per trip!

Can't have those filthy poors getting access to our sweet, sweet uber ships! drat millennials want every thing given to them on a silver tray!

Everyone knows the second the game goes 'live' you will have people like clifford buying a million space bucks , and using that to buy every single piece of the most expensive cargo , flipping it for millions more and then just lording over the entire verse

Right ?

Or similar but they will flood the market and make it break. And everything will be worthless

Either way I cant wait to watch the melt downs

Ps that day is never coming

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Lladre posted:

I still think the only guy walking away with money is Ortwin, the other three are poo poo with money.

Chris is living the rapper lifestyle

Spend it while you have it and then beg once it dries up

Or go on reality tv

That should be good for another few years of hilarity

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

That entire fluff piece about the bartender is fuckin insane lol. Aside from being absolute nonsense, it doesn't even make sense from an in-lore perspective. Why is the Star Citizen equivalent of sky mall interviewing a random nobody bartender at what is - let's be honest - an outdoor food stall?

i think they made that fluff piece about the bartender basically as an excuse to now show off the star studded mocapped bartender animations in the next video they put out, its just marketing on top of marketing for more marketing

ah she must use the same tailor as crobberts!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Remember when we couldn't tell if his hand was bent forward or backward due to the wrist fat

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

With all the ground work done

I stopped reading after that

These loving dev's have been finishing the ground work on everything for 7 years, and they never go past that point

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Mr.PayDay posted:

Maybe the Kickstarter should have added an asterisk where they honestly wrote at the end that they will need to learn game and engine development for the first decade after the stretch goals are locked.

for real though, have they ever FINISHED anything they talk about 100% in the game?

every little buzz word they come up with, they talk about it for awhile, use it in videos, then it just fades away and they trot out the NEXT buzz word to keep funding going for the next few months

its frustrating because they've been doing it non stop for years and no one ever says anything about it, aside from us goons

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

how many times does chris say wing commander in that clip from 1997

he sounds like a broken Ben record

also jesus christ that picture , Ben is like 4 times the size of the little dude that quit from CIG

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

stop leaking Chris' latest jpeg masterpiece !

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

no_recall posted:

Going to draw your attention to the similarities, and differences between Death Stranding and Star Citizen.

Both:
- Have A list actors.
- Have mocap
- Have crazy rear end producer/director thats somewhere between a film director and a game developer
- Are "AAA".
- "Open worlds" where you can do whatever the hell you want.
- (I'm just assuming on SC's end) Have long a script and cutscenes.
- Both are first games from Developers are are building their studio.
- Are "playable".

Star Citizen:
- Showed the game, made people believe theres always more (and its always worse)
- Priced in at a humble $45 to all your bank are belong to CR.
- Is not out yet.
- Is still lying to people that there's more "game" / features in development.

Death Stranding
- Showed people the game, told them that was it, people didn't believe it.
- Priced in at $60.
- Launched.
- Is actually really good.

Now the stark differences.
- Star Citizen has no direction, art or otherwise. Seems CR is approving "art" and "assets" as long as people are willing to drop cash for it.
- Everything in Death Stranding oozes of style. You can see Kojima had a direction for what he wanted, went for it.
- Star Citizen is enjoyed with your cash, Death Stranding is enjoyed by helping randos by placing fking ladders and poo poo all over the drat map.

TLDR:
Buy an Idris.

You're right aside from the 'is actually really good' part for Death Stranding

It looks like the most boring thing to play, and i really enjoyed farming simulator and truck simulator.

It's basically being described as a walking simulator interspersed with long rear end cut scenes

Mind you everything is really pretty and done well, so it at least succeeded at that

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

colonelwest posted:

I think Kojima is a bit of an overrated hack, games found better and more organic ways of telling stories than hours of overwrought cutscenes over a decade ago.

Also his whole “stoic military man sacrifices himself to stop militarism which is bad” shtick got old years ago. The needless convulsion of his plots is just a smokescreen for sloppy and trite storytelling.

i never really got into any of his games, the stories and settings never catch me

BUT he actually makes and finishes games, and they're usually pushing the boundaries of 'some' area of gaming, and are pretty to boot.

I think he would win in a fist fight against chris robbers

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Rex should not skip leg day, dude looks like a toddler below the knees

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TheAgent posted:

er_dova wrote content for CIG for their weekly news poo poo. That's about it.

while in on all expenses paid vacation that is... assumed to be paid for by CIG so he could lounge by the pool while writing

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

no_recall posted:

ITS TIME FOR THE ANNUAL ShitizenConned 2019 Raffle!

Top 3 Prizes: a month of Humble Monthly!

SO. Lets get to it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207

Current Funding.
2019-11-19 $241,227,605

GUESS THE NUMBER ON THE FUNDING TRACKER BY 1st DEC.

GO.

p/s: Please quote this so I don't have an excuse accidentally exclude your participation.

e: Participation closes the minutes before the Con. Nov 23 1PM GMT. (or when the Stream Begins).

$260,000,000.69

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

echothreealpha posted:

I know some of you guys used to be backers, when did it start turning sour?

I see we are doing our backer stories so

- I was an original kickstarter backer, I think I had the $45 package.

I was a goon before that so at one point I started reading about SC on the forums and realized it was a huge scam

Sold my account for something super inflated and stupid like $300 , because it was an original backer account. Bought into Elite Dangerous and Escape From Tarkov betas and have never looked back

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ok so it was a $30 pledge, and I turned it into 2 full games.

I think I won Star Citizen

RE: Shapcap seems like a real huge douche to be around, hopefully it's just his internet persona

Who the gently caress pretends to be all hoity toity on a 747?

Bro rent a private jet and we will talk about how much better you are than everyone else... I say that now but I bet some monster tool like Montoya literally would rent a private jet to show up to this event looking like a big boy

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I think it's pretty obvious where sq42 is friends

Chris has been hiding it in his increasingly large neck-goiter chin area

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

What scope expansion?

I'm not saying there WAS a scope expansion, but if there was it would be ok, but there wasn't one

*literally a paragraph later*

You can't expect programmers to work and not expand the scope to keep them busy, can you?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

does top notch security include The Wulge?

Also Mr. Tophat is hilarious to read, he argues like a 5 year old and has to get the final word in no matter what

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

reminder for those checking periodically

this is now year 7 ... or 8? of CIG hosting their own self fellating convention, in which they routinely have crashes, gently caress ups, fps drops, umm errs and loads of hand waving, every single year

and this is THEIR convention, hosted by them, showing off everything which is specifically curated to make them look at good as possible

and that is the best they can show, year after year, a janky buggy piece of poo poo mess which they can't even demonstrate for 5 minutes without something glitching out and threatening to pull the engine apart at the seams

let that sink in for a second

and then carry on

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

K8.0 posted:

That's an extremely good point. The farce has dragged on so long that for any aspect of CIG you could choose, there are people who knew nothing at the start of SC development, and now have more to show for their skills in that arena than CIG does.

i mean most of us have been following from the first time Crobblers hit the stage looking like a budget Steve Jobs.

But it really is mind blowing to think of just how long they've been carrying on this corpse of a supposed game(s)

If it had been year 1-2 or even 3 sure we could cut them some slack, as a startup and the struggles that go with it

But these blow hards have taken in hundreds of millions, and spent just as much, with literally nothing to show for it

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

echothreealpha posted:

Yeah, possibly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhsgiliheP0

*fiddles with the controller while the monitor plays a video*

The stupid little screens wizzing out on tiny little breakable arms to obstruct every square inch of the pilots view is hilarious and everyone should have known that was Chris' influence from day 1

I guarantee he actually shouted I WANT MORE SCREENS to someone

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

please make this the thread title

also the fps counting down as you died was very bene

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 28, 2019

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

:itwaspoo:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bofast posted:

I had forgotten how dreadful the vocal parts were in Full Burn. Very fitting for Star Citizen, though :D

it probably sounds totally different when played in a special edition Porsche with the volume cranked up and the top down

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

that's what i saw as well.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I see Ben is slowly selling off his cache of precious Wing Commander memorabilia that he found in some guys dumpster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Solarin posted:

just putting this here for safekeeping

now that things are so far along with the pipelines, that should have another chin added and lots of grey around the edges